2017-18 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,486

Re: 2017-18 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#21 » by cgf » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Strange that you compare Gnabry to clearly inferior talents like Rode/Kirchhoff/Ulreich instead of comparable talents like Sule/Kimmich
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#22 » by Det the Threat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:26 pm

cgf wrote:Strange that you compare Gnabry to clearly inferior talents like Rode/Kirchhoff/Ulreich instead of comparable talents like Sule/Kimmich

He still has a lot of flaws in his game and needs playing time.
Though, that might happen as Bayern's said to be interested in loaning him out for a season, most likely to Hoffenheim.

Anyways, I'm actually not sure what to think of the overall move.
There was speculation that Bayern did play a role in Gnabry joining Bremen last offseason and now he's going there.
Also, they now loan him to Hoffenheim, who wanted him before but also have a solid relationship with Bayern, thanks to Hopp and Höneß being friends.
That helped with the Süle transfer fee and now possibly with Gnabry joining Hoffenheim...
cgf
RealGM

Post#23 » by cgf » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:03 pm

He has plenty to work on, but I actually think he could see good PT depending on what Carlo is planning. If they bring in Sanchez and Brandt, while cashing in on Costa (maybe Coman to) they could run a deadly 3-4-2-1 or 3-1-4-2 with:

Lewandowski
Mueller/Brandt - Sanchez/Brandt
Alaba/Gnabry - Vidal/Alaba - Thiago/Kimmich - Robben/Gnabry
Hummels - Boateng - Javi/Sule (Kimmich/Alaba)

Or

Lewandowski - Muller/Lexi
Alaba/Gnabry - Vidal/Alaba - Thiago/Alaba - Robben/Gnabry
Kimmich/Thiago

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#24 » by Foye » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:24 pm

cgf wrote:He has plenty to work on, but I actually think he could see good PT depending on what Carlo is planning. If they bring in Sanchez and Brandt, while cashing in on Costa (maybe Coman to) they could run a deadly 3-4-2-1 or 3-1-4-2 with:

Lewandowski

Or

Kimmich/Thiago

At best he will play a role similar to Shaqiri.

Most likely he will sit in the stands behind Robbery, Müller, Coman and possibly Costa.

God knows where he will sit if they buy Sanchez.

I dont see why he would go to Bayern. Even if he goes to Hoffenheim on loan. It makes no sense whatsoever to be dependent on Bayern.
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,367

Post#25 » by TorontoRapsFan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:26 am

Foye wrote:
cgf wrote:He has plenty to work on, but I actually think he could see good PT depending on what Carlo is planning. If they bring in Sanchez and Brandt, while cashing in on Costa (maybe Coman to) they could run a deadly 3-4-2-1 or 3-1-4-2 with:

Lewandowski

Or

Kimmich/Thiago

At best he will play a role similar to Shaqiri.

Most likely he will sit in the stands behind Robbery, Müller, Coman and possibly Costa.

God knows where he will sit if they buy Sanchez.

I dont see why he would go to Bayern. Even if he goes to Hoffenheim on loan. It makes no sense whatsoever to be dependent on Bayern.

Sanchez won't be bought unless its for a cutthroat price. I can see Gnabry get loaned and if not he'll fill in as a Lewandowski replacement more than he will on the wing.
Foye

Post#26 » by Foye » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:24 am

Bayern signing Tolisso for 40+ mil. They have invested a lot of money already in relatively no names. Not sure what they are doing this summer.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RealGM Forums
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by TorontoRapsFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Foye wrote:Bayern signing Tolisso for 40+ mil. They have invested a lot of money already in relatively no names. Not sure what they are doing this summer.

I don't know about no names. Every one of the players signed are current or soon to be NT caliber players. The push for next generation of Bayern is strong. If only some youth product could crack the team too.
Foye

Post#28 » by Foye » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:10 pm

Victoriarapsfan wrote:
Foye wrote:Bayern signing Tolisso for 40+ mil. They have invested a lot of money already in relatively no names. Not sure what they are doing this summer.

I don't know about no names. Every one of the players signed are current or soon to be NT caliber players. The push for next generation of Bayern is strong. If only some youth product could crack the team too.

Rudy is not Bayern caliber.
Gnabry neither.

Süle and Tolisso are decent signings but hardly enough to attack Real Madrid. You need world class replacements for Ribery and Robben in the near future as well as a class backup for Lewa and they have done nothing to address this. Costa and Coman are not in the same stratosphere as Robbery and will never be.
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by TorontoRapsFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Foye wrote:
Victoriarapsfan wrote:

Rudy is not Bayern caliber.
Gnabry neither.

Süle and Tolisso are decent signings but hardly enough to attack Real Madrid. You need world class replacements for Ribery and Robben in the near future as well as a class backup for Lewa and they have done nothing to address this. Costa and Coman are not in the same stratosphere as Robbery and will never be.

Way too early to judge. Yes they need a Lewa replacement. Gnabry has been eyed by Bayern for a few years now and Bayern usually does good work in terms of scouting. He'll get loaned out and come back next year to fight for a spot. Rudy is the utility type player in his prime that Bayern depends on to plug holes here and there, although with Ancelloti I can see him take over Alonso's role, which isn't deployed every game. Sanches needs to be loaned out, maybe back to Portugal or EPL for a season. Coman is class. He's all class. Just needs to get his chance. I think Bayern has bet on him, and the reason he's happy sitting on the bench is that they've guaranteed that after Robbery, most likely after this season, he will be the primary winger for years to come. So in the meanwhile, sit, watch and learn. This is similar to Kimmich. They guaranteed him the RB spot for the next generation of Bayern that's happening in the next two years.

The next gen lineup they are trying to groom is

Lewa/Muller/(I think Werner eventually gets added here)
Gnabry Tolisso/Sanches/thiago Coman
Alaba Hummels/Sule/Boateng Kimmich

With CDs going for most likely another 5 or so years before looking to be replaced. Similar to Lewa and Muller. In the meantime they keep some of the old guard like this year, plug in players like Rode, Rudy, etc... that always seem to sign for free as support for the main cast. I don't know if those players pan out the way they're supposed to, each midfielder is the type to lead his NT, and the wings and FB's should play as worldclass. That's Bayern model through and through. Multiple leader types, with free playing expressive attackers.
Hopefully another young jem in the midfield shows up in the next few years and gets added. Then all they have to do is keep worrying about keeping the bench high quality by rotating plug and play players.
Foye

Post#30 » by Foye » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Not a huge fan of Coman. He is far behind his countrymen Dembele and Mbappe.

Despite his tempo Coman struggles to break down opposing defenses and even if he does it usually ends up in a poor delivery. I also think Bayern was the wrong place for him just like Juve before. He needs to play, play and play to improve. But he's riding the bench.

Dembele has progressed much better last year. This guy is the definition of a winger. Baring significant injury he will be a world class player for years to come. Just a freak of nature and the best player to enter the league since Ribery/Robben.

You need world class wingers to win the CL. I dont see where they are supposed to come from so far. Neither Gnabry nor Coman strike me as the type of talents that will be top 3 wingers in the world in their prime...and thats the type of talents needed.

Of course you never know, though. they can still develop significantly the next couple years like Ribery did from a construction worker to 2nd best winger in the world in his prime.

TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by TorontoRapsFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:19 pm

Foye wrote:Not a huge fan of Coman. He is far behind his countrymen Dembele and Mbappe.

Despite his tempo Coman struggles to break down opposing defenses and even if he does it usually ends up in a poor delivery. I also think Bayern was the wrong place for him just like Juve before. He needs to play, play and play to improve. But he's riding the bench.

Dembele has progressed much better last year. This guy is the definition of a winger. Baring significant injury he will be a world class player for years to come. Just a freak of nature and the best player to enter the league since Ribery/Robben.

You need world class wingers to win the CL. I dont see where they are supposed to come from so far. Neither Gnabry nor Coman strike me as the type of talents that will be top 3 wingers in the world in their prime...and thats the type of talents needed.

Of course you never know, though. they can still develop significantly the next couple years like Ribery did from a construction worker to 2nd best winger in the world in his prime.

Dembele is a whole different category. He's where Coman would be expected to get to in the next couple years. I hope he stays in the league. Definitely don't want to see him in EPL or Barca/Madrid.
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by TorontoRapsFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:22 pm

RBL just snapped up Jeffrey Bruma. I don't know how he did in Turkey, but remember hearing he's supposed to be special a few years ago.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#33 » by Det the Threat » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 pm

It seems like CB Panagiotis Retsos is still in play for a move to Gladbach.
We're supposedly offering €8M, while Olympiacos wants €12M and participate if we do sell him later on.
A Reece Oxford loan is also still being discussed.

We're said to be interested in striker Magnus Ingvartson of Nordsjaelland(Denmark) as well, with newly appointed Otto Addo(special coach for younger players) maybe able to convince him to join us.

Also, Moreto Cassama(Porto) just announced his move to us in an interview even though nothing's official up until now, while we're also linked with another Porto midfielder in Portuguese under 20 international Bruno Costa.
Foye

Post#34 » by Foye » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:48 pm

Det the Threat wrote:It seems like CB Panagiotis Retsos is still in play for a move to Gladbach.
We're supposedly offering €8M, while Olympiacos wants €12M and participate if we do sell him later on.

We're said to be interested in striker Magnus Ingvartson of Nordsjaelland(Denmark) as well, with newly appointed Otto Addo(special coach for younger players) maybe able to convince him to join us.

Also, Moreto Cassama(Porto) just announced his move to us in an interview even though nothing's official up until now, while we're also linked with another Porto midfielder in Portuguese under 20 international Bruno Costa.

Well, we seem to be doing exactly nothing.

Not even getting rid of some guys as the roster is currently too big. Not sure what we are doing.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Det the Threat » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:01 am

Foye wrote:Well, we seem to be doing exactly nothing.

Not even getting rid of some guys as the roster is currently too big. Not sure what we are doing.

Yeah, it seems a bit odd for you guys right now.
Though, maybe you're still discussing transfers with your new manager and need some more time.
Also, with all the money thrown around it might be a good idea for you guys to wait a bit until teams have to get rid of some of their players and maybe are willing to accept less for them.

BTW: There's always André Hahn. The guy seems to be linked to every club in Germany these days. :cheesygrin:
Foye

Post#36 » by Foye » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:11 am

Det the Threat wrote:
Foye wrote:Well, we seem to be doing exactly nothing.

Yeah, it seems a bit odd for you guys right now.
Though, maybe you're still discussing transfers with your new manager and need some more time.
Also, with all the money thrown around it might be a good idea for you guys to wait a bit until teams have to get rid of some of their players and maybe are willing to accept less for them.

BTW: There's always André Hahn. The guy seems to be linked to every club in Germany these days. :cheesygrin:

Hahn wouldnt be an upgrade over what we currently have. Not a big fan of him. I'm rather seeing Öztunali grow.
cgf
RealGM

Post#37 » by cgf » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Det the Threat wrote:It seems like CB Panagiotis Retsos is still in play for a move to Gladbach.

I would hope it doesn't mean that Elvedi is relegated to playing RB all season again; but if that doesn't, I'd love to see that Retsos join the squad. He could be eased into the league & country while Elvedi & Kolo battle for PT next to Vestegaard in the back 4; with Elvedi & Kolo both playing next to Vestegaard, with Retsos rotating in once he's acclimated, being a nice option as well. I know Hecking abandoned the back three last season, but with a summer to work with the squad; I'd hope he'd experiment with the shapes it allows.

Raffael - Stindl
Hazard
Wendt/Grifo - Zakaria/Benes - Kramer - Traore/Johnson
Kolo/Retsos - Vestegaard - Elvedi

Raffael/Hazard - Stindl
Hazard/Wendt - Benes/Grifo - Kramer - Traore/Johnson
Zakaria/Benes
Kolo/Retsos - Vestegaard - Elvedi

with Cuisance cycling in by seasons end, Retsos winning the starting spot, Doucoure starting to enter the rotation, and no europe to worry about I'd really like that squad...if they add a dynamic young forward/winger to learn from Raffael & Stindl about being a forward, while boosting the options on the wing in the mean time

Foye

Post#38 » by Foye » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Not sure what happened to Leno. He has been piss poor all season long compared to his standards and now this.

Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#39 » by Det the Threat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Foye wrote:Not sure what happened to Leno. He has been piss poor all season long compared to his standards and now this.

Yeah, I was just waiting for him to go full Piplica and score one on his own. :lol:

Anyways, according to Kicker Reece Oxford's already in Gladbach for his medical and will be loaned for the upcoming season.

I think the guy's got talent but I'm not so sure about a loan for just one season.
Foye

Post#40 » by Foye » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:13 am

Adler to Mainz. From one terrible keeper to another. Yikes.

Return to The General Soccer Board