Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#41 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:46 am

Magic Giannison wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:This guy is getting absurdly overrated.

Better than Anthony Davis?

AD is already a top 10 player who has put up historic numbers. What has Giannis done to prove he could be better than him?

All start starter
All NBA 2nd team
Top 10 player
Became 5th player in NBA history to lead team in all 5 major stat categories.
Become the only player in the NBA history in top 20 in all major categories.
Literally played in all 5 positions this year from guarding Pg's to C and is elite on both ends.

Yeah,absurdly overrated/

Ohh and he is only 22.

Do you want me to put Anthony Davis's accomplishments up?

4 x time NBA All Star
All Star Game MVP w/ most points ever
2× All-NBA First Team
NBA All-Defensive Second Team
2× NBA blocks leader
NBA All-Rookie First Team
NCAA champion
Olympic Gold Medalist
Lead League in PER
Top 5 in MVP voting

But please explain to me how Giannis is better cause he had one good year. LOL
seorang
Starter
And1: 1,234

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#42 » by seorang » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:54 am

Don't see Embiid being better than him. Simply because of how the game is trending.

In the current NBA ,Elite Wing>>>Elite Big
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,836

Post#43 » by Zeitgeister » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:01 am

GopherIt! wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Nah, if I was trolling it would be far more obvious and hopefully funny to some people. I don't think Wiggins is on the level of the rest of the guys mentioned. He puts up numbers, but he's not a guy I'd necessarily want as a franchise pillar. He's more of a high-end complementary piece than foundational imo.

I'll probably catch a lot of flack for this next statement, but honestly, he kind of reminds me of Rudy Gay type of player
. Nice player, glad he's on your team, but I also don't think he's a make or break franchise talent. Those other guys mentioned are.

Now your def trolling :lol: :lol: :lol: I already knew your opinion. :lol:

I obviously disagree wholeheartedly. He's certainly already passed Gay.

I call a spade a spade and most of the time w Minnesota sports I will rip on the picks/players. I'm bullish on Wiggins though. Ive said it before and I will say it again:

The Thibs hiring will help Andrew Wiggins more than any other TWolf.

Drew is one of the best nba athletes I've ever seen. People questioned his shooting form. He improved it. People questioned his handle. He improved it. wolves were the #1 defense for a stretch last year against the top teams and Wiggins had a large part in that. Thibs forced him to be our primary playmaker. He struggled early but he showed improvement by the end of the season. Its all coming together for him.

How has Wiggins surpassed Rudy Gay?

Wiggins was an unmitigated disaster as a defender last year and that's with Thibs tutoring him for a year. He's not the only Timberwolf with significant problems on defense but I think as good of an athlete as Wiggins is, his personality and lack of well rounded skills and basketball awareness will always hold him back.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
alebaba
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,338

Post#44 » by alebaba » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:10 am

Anthony Davis is so overrated on this board. Giannis is already better than all of them including Davis. Davis defense is straight garbage compare to Giannis. Giannis have a much higher ceiling than Kd, faster, stronger and vision. The only thing Kd have over Giannis is shooting.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#45 » by Magic Giannison » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:19 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:

Better than Anthony Davis?

AD is already a top 10 player who has put up historic numbers. What has Giannis done to prove he could be better than him?

All start starter
All NBA 2nd team
Top 10 player
Became 5th player in NBA history to lead team in all 5 major stat categories.
Become the only player in the NBA history in top 20 in all major categories.
Literally played in all 5 positions this year from guarding Pg's to C and is elite on both ends.

Yeah,absurdly overrated/

Ohh and he is only 22.

Do you want me to put Anthony Davis's accomplishments up?

4 x time NBA All Star

2× All-NBA First Team
NBA All-Defensive Second Team

But please explain to me how Giannis is better cause he had one good year. LOL

First of all you spoke of historical stats while Giannis put stats that Davis wasnt never remotely close to, 5th ever to lead the team and being the only play int he history of the game to be in top 20.
Not to mention you compare a younger Giannis career to ADs.
You forget defense, you forget about the part that Giannis is versatile point tha tliterally impact every aspect of the game.
Giannis been to playoffs 2 time sin 4 years while Davis barely made once in 5 years
The most important is health.
NBA All-Rookie First Team
2× NBA blocks leader
NCAA champion
Olympic Gold Medalist
Lead League in PER
Top 5 in MVP voting
All Star Game MVP w/ most points ever

Lol i wonder even bother to reply to these.

I hope you realize how wrong you were to call him absurdly overrated now.
NASE
Sophomore
And1: 111

Post#46 » by NASE » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:25 am

Giannis>Towns>AD>Embiid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wiggins
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#47 » by 3Diamantidis » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:12 am

What has Giannis done to prove he could be better than him?

He just finished a season being top 20 in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks.
Nobody has ever done that. Other than that he is a scrub.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#48 » by 3Diamantidis » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 am

The only question here is what wiggins has to do with this convo?
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,914

Post#49 » by RSP83 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:38 am

Giannis' development IMO have been faster than those guys, except Embiid.

I don't have much expectation for Wiggins, too me he's heading closer and closer to Michael Finley's route. I see him as an All-Star talent but don't see the 'It' factor yet in him. I could be wrong, I didn't see it in Kawhi either.

Towns, is a very good talent, and last year was only his second year so I give him more time. I actually like him more than AD in terms of Alpha mentality. But Towns need to step up defensively to fulfill his potential. He needs to be the new KG for this Wolves team. At worst Towns is the new Chris Bosh. And Giannis' IMO will surpass Chris Bosh if not already.

AD is gifted, but I think he's missing something that all-time greats like Duncan, KG, Hakeem, had. Giannis has that commanding pressence on his team which AD is lacking.
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,096

Post#50 » by SkyHookFTW » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Giannis is the safe bet here. The only caveat is the health of Embiid. If Embiid is fully healthy, I don't think there is anyone in the game today who can impact a game like he can, and I would take a healthy Embiid over anyone.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 694

Post#51 » by Clincher » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:49 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:The only question here is what wiggins has to do with this convo?

Prob should have had Porzingis if we're going purely on the 7 ft young talent cornerstone guys and he'd rank 4th in this and there's no shame in that at all.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,127

Post#52 » by GopherIt! » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Zeitgeister wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Nah, if I was trolling it would be far more obvious and hopefully funny to some people. I don't think Wiggins is on the level of the rest of the guys mentioned. He puts up numbers, but he's not a guy I'd necessarily want as a franchise pillar. He's more of a high-end complementary piece than foundational imo.

I'll probably catch a lot of flack for this next statement, but honestly, he kind of reminds me of Rudy Gay type of player
. Nice player, glad he's on your team, but I also don't think he's a make or break franchise talent. Those other guys mentioned are.

Now your def trolling :lol: :lol: :lol: I already knew your opinion. :lol:

I obviously disagree wholeheartedly. He's certainly already passed Gay.

I call a spade a spade and most of the time w Minnesota sports I will rip on the picks/players. I'm bullish on Wiggins though. Ive said it before and I will say it again:

The Thibs hiring will help Andrew Wiggins more than any other TWolf.

Drew is one of the best nba athletes I've ever seen. People questioned his shooting form. He improved it. People questioned his handle. He improved it. wolves were the #1 defense for a stretch last year against the top teams and Wiggins had a large part in that. Thibs forced him to be our primary playmaker. He struggled early but he showed improvement by the end of the season. Its all coming together for him.

How has Wiggins surpassed Rudy Gay?

Wiggins was an unmitigated disaster as a defender last year and that's with Thibs tutoring him for a year. He's not the only Timberwolf with significant problems on defense but I think as good of an athlete as Wiggins is, his personality and lack of well rounded skills and basketball awareness will always hold him back.

There was a twelve game stretch the team was the #1 D in the nba and Wiggins was a big part of that. He generally looked solid in man to man d as well, certainly not a disaster. awareness can improve w good coaching.
elBJ
Pro Prospect
And1: 697

Post#53 » by elBJ » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:55 pm

I can't be objective on this topic

:love: Greek Freak
Guest202 wrote:Even Wall Street Journal subscribers think it was fixed...
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#54 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:05 pm

It's close between Davis and Giannis.
Towns is a disaster on defense and Wiggins is just not that good.
If Gianns improves his shooting hesitate going to be the next LeBron James in the way he'll dominate the conference.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Post#55 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Not sure why they said Wiggins, when Jokic is already a better player, and much closer to Giannis and AD in terms of total impact. Anyway, yeah, it's not a controversial statement, he could be better. He is basically an even more explosive, perimeter version of AD, right? With better passing and worse shooting, and probably a better defender as well. I always thought that AD while surprised everyone on offense, hasn't actually had the impact on defense many envisioned for him.
SCHeat
Pro Prospect
And1: 676

Post#56 » by SCHeat » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:33 pm

IMO

Towns
Gianni's
Davis
Wiggins
Embiid
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 765

Post#57 » by lordjeff05 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Um...for all those pointing to defense as the reason Giannis is better, Davis had a MUCH better Drpm and he anchored a much better defense than the bucks had, 10th compared to 18th, so... no.
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Post#58 » by crows2 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Davis and Towns both seem to be getting underrated here. It's certainly no guarantee Greek Freak will have a better career than either of them. Wiggins is the only one out of the 4 who it would be a genuine surprise if he ended up better than Giannis.

Embiid is obviously the wildcard. He could be the best of the 5 if healthy but could also easily turn out like Oden.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Post#59 » by whatisacenter » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Veyron wrote:Lol, Embiid eating them for breakfest.

but will the atkins diet speed up his injury recovery time and get him back on the court?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to The General Board