Should/Will Draymond Green be a HOFer?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Will/Should Draymond Green be enshrined in the HOF if he performs as expected?

He will deservedly make the HOF.
54%
He will undeservedly make the HOF.
13%
He will not make the HOF despite deserving it.
3%
He will justifiably NOT make the HOF.
30%

Total votes: 195

ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,148

Should/Will Draymond Green be a HOFer? 

Post#1 » by ElectricMayhem » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:35 pm

I realize this question is a long way off, but ASSUMING A STANDARD GROWTH AND DECLINE CURVE, do you see Draymond Green eventually being enshrined in the Hall of Fame?

Pros:
★He has been called the heartbeat and leader of one of the greatest teams in NBA history.
★He is an elite defender. Considered to be the 1b best defender the past couple years. May finally get DPOY this year.
★Extraordinarily high BBall IQ which leads to him doing many of the things not captured by standard statistics (ball movement, picks, blocking out, etc.)
★Also has shown to put up ridiculous stats at times (NBA's first triple double without points)
★NCAA success: Two final four runs including becoming the 3rd player in NCAA history with multiple triple doubles in the tournament(after Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson).
★2016 Olympic Gold Medalist

Cons:
★Even the Bulls dynasty only had three HOFers: Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman. Golden State hasn't yet achieved such sustained success. Obviously Curry and Durant will be in the HOF. If they don't win more will they warrant a third? Will it be Dray over Klay?
★Doesn't overwhelm any standard stat categories.
★Many argue he wouldn't be nearly as good if he weren't surrounded by the talent GS has.
★Possibly cost GS a championship with his 2016 suspension.
★Considered an elite defender but still has 0 DPOYs. HOF rarely rewards defenders anyway.
★Would be first HOFer to have sent his junk out on snapchat (On the other hand, would they put a bust of it in the HOF?)
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Xherdan 23
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,537

Re: Should/Will Draymond Green be a HOFer? 

Post#2 » by Xherdan 23 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:41 pm

If the Dubs keep winning championships and Dray stays about the same (meaning perennial DPOY candidate on a championship team) I don't see how he doesn't make it like Rodman did.

He will need some personal accolades though, like all defense teams or at least all star selections because to me it looks like the voters make decisions based on stats with Ben Wallace not making the hall this year being the most recent example.

Draymond isn't a 4 time DPOY yet but I expect him to be by the end of his career and he already is a part of more championship teams than Big Ben.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,148

Post#3 » by ElectricMayhem » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Thanks for the heads up :wink:
Edited!
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#4 » by NBAFan93 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:03 pm

I don't know. This could go either way. He's not the best player on his team and never has been. Aren't HOF'ers usually the best players on their teams? His antics also hurt GSW in the 2016 finals to the point that many argue he cost them a championship.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,584

Post#5 » by OdomFan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:05 pm

The only way I see Green getting in is if they induct the entire Warriors squad as a unit for breaking the season record.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#6 » by Warriorfan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Greens stats are comparable to Wes Unseld. He will need to win a few more titles
Stephback 3
Sophomore
And1: 440

Post#7 » by Stephback 3 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:21 pm

He has become the gold standard for a prototype, modern stretch four. He is the vocal and defensive leader of a dynasty, the likes of which have broken the single regular season record for wins, recorded the best 3-year regular season stretch in NBA history and have won championships including a historic 16-1 playoff run. He has played a major role of contribution in all these accomplishments.

Draymond Green will definitely make it into the Hall of Fame, as he should.
jamaalstar21 wrote:Kawhi is long chill Jordan and Jordan is Kawhi on crack.
DROB27
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,119

Post#8 » by DROB27 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Of course ... I mean you got guys on the PC board saying he's better then a prime KG and that he'll be a top 20 player of all time :roll:

He must be a lock I guess
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#9 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:12 pm

DROB27 wrote:Of course ... I mean you got guys on the PC board saying he's better then a prime KG and that he'll be a top 20 player of all time :roll:

:lol: :lol: did they really say that?? Man we have to have a bunch of teenagers on this website.
miamiheat319
Veteran
And1: 6,890

Post#10 » by miamiheat319 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Shouldn't, but will.
NBA Jersey connoisseur
https://youtu.be/k-PaOWxvnz0
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#11 » by karkinos » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:30 pm

undoubtedly hofer imo
he doesn't have a dominant stat, but his style of play is ideal in the current small ball era with tweeners, and his skill set is exactly what every single team is looking for. he is a key figure of the modern day forward amongst others such as millsap, and has proven himself to be an elite all nba player.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,117

Post#12 » by brutalitops » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:38 pm

If he fell off a cliff now? No

If he has another 2-3 years where he picks up another all star, is in the second/third NBA teams, yeah he'll be in it easily
KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,499

Post#13 » by KHRICH » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:03 pm

DROB27 wrote:Of course ... I mean you got guys on the PC board saying he's better then a prime KG and that he'll be a top 20 player of all time :roll:

... I dont even want to believe someone said this are they now banned?
DROB27
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,119

Post#14 » by DROB27 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:47 pm

KHRICH wrote:

... I dont even want to believe someone said this are they now banned?

Nope lol seen it In the "player of the year thread "
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,894

Post#15 » by lakerz12 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:57 pm

If he does make the HOF, the standards need to be raised.

Will Al Horford make the hall of fame? Will Paul Milsap? Will Marc Gasol?

If he was on any other team, this question wouldn't be asked. So no, I don't think a guy should go to the HOF because of the situation he's in.
Scizzup
Veteran
And1: 1,995

Post#16 » by Scizzup » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:02 pm

basketball hof is pretty weak. if he wins 2more titles and more all nba team/all star. Yes, maybe not first ballot but eventually
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#17 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Yes he will

When he wins DPOY and wins titles it could be a lock
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,126

Post#18 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:06 pm

He probably will be a HOFer, just because the Hall of Fame has absolutely no standards and has become the Hall of Pretty Good. If the average fan recognizes your name, you are probably a lock at some point.

As for whether or not he should be one: the only way Draymond deserves to be in the Hall of Fame is if he buys a ticket.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#19 » by 3Diamantidis » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:28 pm

lakerz12 wrote:If he does make the HOF, the standards need to be raised.

If he was on any other team, this question wouldn't be asked. So no, I don't think a guy should go to the HOF because of the situation he's in.

None of these guys have his personality, his leading skills, his overall game.
He will go down in history as the leader of one of the greatest teams of all time.
And yes, he will deserve it.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,894

Post#20 » by lakerz12 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:51 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:If he does make the HOF, the standards need to be raised.

None of these guys have his personality, his leading skills, his overall game.
He will go down in history as the leader of one of the greatest teams of all time.
And yes, he will deserve it.

The leader? He's not the leader. They could trade him for any of those guys I mentioned and still win the championship this year.

Before they added KD, imagine if Curry got injured last year. Would they even reach the second round of the playoffs?

Return to The General Board