Should/Will Draymond Green be a HOFer?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Will/Should Draymond Green be enshrined in the HOF if he performs as expected?

He will deservedly make the HOF.
54%
He will undeservedly make the HOF.
13%
He will not make the HOF despite deserving it.
3%
He will justifiably NOT make the HOF.
30%

Total votes: 195

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 25,850

Re: Should/Will Draymond Green be a HOFer? 

Post#21 » by azcatz11 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:56 pm

lakerz12 wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:If he does make the HOF, the standards need to be raised.

Will Al Horford make the hall of fame? Will Paul Milsap? Will Marc Gasol?

If he was on any other team, this question wouldn't be asked. So no, I don't think a guy should go to the HOF because of the situation he's in.

None of these guys have his personality, his leading skills, his overall game.
He will go down in history as the leader of one of the greatest teams of all time.
And yes, he will deserve it.

The leader? He's not the leader. They could trade him for any of those guys I mentioned and still win the championship this year.

Before they added KD, imagine if Curry got injured last year. Would they even reach the second round of the playoffs?

He is without question one of the leaders on the team, I'm not sure how you can say otherwise?
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,073

Post#22 » by Patches Perry » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:58 pm

He needs some sort of big award - either a finals MVP and/or DPoY. If he does that and wins a couple more chips, he is a lock.

Does he deserve to be? I don't know. I'd have to see the list of guys I'd be keeping out in order to put him in.
CeraVe
Junior
And1: 230

Post#23 » by CeraVe » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:01 pm

NBA needs a separate hall of fame for very good players.

Yes, the power forward version of Rajon Rondo or 6"5" Kevin Garnett who never plays well on the road in the NBA finals (aside from game 6 of 15'), not a dominant defender and outplayed by Love in 3 of 5 games will be a HOF.

Good grief..Kerr and Draymond's ticket to the HOF will be known for being around Curry, Klay, Iguodala and now KD.
Professional sports is idolatry.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,960

Post#24 » by Phreak50 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:02 pm

They should add him now, just for kicks.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#25 » by Coxy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:He probably will be a HOFer, just because the Hall of Fame has absolutely no standards and has become the Hall of Pretty Good. If the average fan recognizes your name, you are probably a lock at some point.

As for whether or not he should be one: the only way Draymond deserves to be in the Hall of Fame is if he buys a ticket.

You're turning into the salty legend of RealGM MTV. I've just got this vision of you as this super angry person sitting on his porch yelling at kids around the neighbourhood to cut their hair and get a job. Don't ever change! :nod:
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#26 » by Coxy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Phreak50 wrote:They should add him now, just for kicks.

:rofl:

:clap:

The internet would melt.
wojoaderge
Veteran
And1: 1,488

Post#27 » by wojoaderge » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:30 pm

DPOYs of the year don't automatically make it, great passers don't either.
"Coach, why don't you just relax? We're not good enough to beat the Lakers. We've had a great year, why don't you just relax and cool down?"
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#28 » by SlowPaced » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Way too early to tell. But if he keeps it up, he will be, and he should be.

Talking about a DPOY level defender who's an excellent all-arounder as well.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#29 » by Prokorov » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:41 pm

yes but only because of titles. not on his own merit
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#30 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:46 pm

At the age of 27 he is a 2x champion, 2x all star, 2x All NBA Team, 2x All NBA Defensive Team (assuming a 3rd after this year) and possibly a DPOY winner as well in a few weeks.

Would it surprise anyone if he ends up with something like 4x champion, 5x all star, 5x all nba, 7x all defensive team and 1 or 2 DPOY awards when his career is all said and done. Does that resume get him in the HOF? Ya it probably does. Do I think he is a HOF player though? No. I personally wish that the HOF had much tougher standards, its basically has become the Hall of Very Good.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,894

Post#31 » by lakerz12 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:46 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:

None of these guys have his personality, his leading skills, his overall game.
He will go down in history as the leader of one of the greatest teams of all time.
And yes, he will deserve it.

The leader? He's not the leader. They could trade him for any of those guys I mentioned and still win the championship this year.

Before they added KD, imagine if Curry got injured last year. Would they even reach the second round of the playoffs?

He is without question one of the leaders on the team, I'm not sure how you can say otherwise?

There's a big difference between "the leader" and "one of the leaders"...calling him "the leader" means he is more of a leader than Curry, which he isn't.

So no one ever said he wasn't "one of the leaders"...see that?
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 25,850

Post#32 » by azcatz11 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 pm

lakerz12 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:

There's a big difference between "the leader" and "one of the leaders"...calling him "the leader" means he is more of a leader than Curry, which he isn't.

So no one ever said he wasn't "one of the leaders"...see that?

Oh okay...thanks for your clarification :lol:
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#33 » by dlts20 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:50 pm

Honestly I could make the HOF in basketball. They let anyone in. I don't even know how they can fit all the people in. Basketball is the most watered down HOF and it's not even close
Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Post#34 » by Jordans_Rose » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:54 pm

I strongly believe if Draymond can stay healthy (knock on wood) he will be a future Hall-of-Famer one day, his attitude, his passion, his desire towards the game, his overall skill set by getting points/rebounds/assists/steals and blocks not many can do besides LeBron, KD, Kawhi Leonard and a few others. I think when it's all said and done, he will probably have 5 championships, but I am not sure if he will retire as a Warrior, I think during the tail-end of his career he may play for the Pistons or Bulls because he's from Michigan but that's just my opinion don't get mad because people on these forums tend to flip out over "opinions".
Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Post#35 » by Jordans_Rose » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:57 pm

dlts20 wrote:Honestly I could make the HOF in basketball. They let anyone in. I don't even know how they can fit all the people in. Basketball is the most watered down HOF and it's not even close

I'm not sure if you're a wrestling fan but Vince McMahon of the WWE literally hand chooses who he wants and does not want, the media, reporters don't have a say and wrestling is sports entertainment, their Hall-of-Fame is a joke. There have been wrestlers who have won titles but if Vince holds a grudge against another wrestler he won't let them in.
Warchant
Analyst
And1: 1,265

Post#36 » by Warchant » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:03 pm

Hes a better version of Rodman...if he made it then Green will make it
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#37 » by dlts20 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:20 pm

Warchant wrote:Hes a better version of Rodman...if he made it then Green will make it

Have you lost your mind
Nowitness
General Manager
And1: 4,439

Post#38 » by Nowitness » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:23 pm

He's already got 2 titles and a gold medal, some AS appearances, he just has to stay healthy at this point.
Nowitnessing a legend
Warchant
Analyst
And1: 1,265

Post#39 » by Warchant » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:56 pm

dlts20 wrote:
Warchant wrote:Hes a better version of Rodman...if he made it then Green will make it

Have you lost your mind

No....hes a better scorer, better playmaker, shoots better from the field and FT line...I will give Rodman rebounding but thats it...IMO its not even close
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#40 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:20 am

Coxy wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:He probably will be a HOFer, just because the Hall of Fame has absolutely no standards and has become the Hall of Pretty Good. If the average fan recognizes your name, you are probably a lock at some point.

As for whether or not he should be one: the only way Draymond deserves to be in the Hall of Fame is if he buys a ticket.

You're turning into the salty legend of RealGM MTV. I've just got this vision of you as this super angry person sitting on his porch yelling at kids around the neighbourhood to cut their hair and get a job. Don't ever change! :nod:

Return to The General Board