Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#81 » by Magic Giannison » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:29 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Your going to call MG a "fanboy" and close with that statement?

It's "arguable" who's better right now between the two. To call one a fanboy for choosing one is only outing yourself as a fanboy for the other and to top it off by saying it's not close is just plainly intellectually dishonest. Plenty of people would argue he's better right now.

(MG is indeed a fanboy and I've gone back n forth with him on the Bucks board but being an AD fanboy in this discussion isn't any better)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app

I'm calling him a fan boy because of the way he is arguing. Not because of his opinion.

He keeps posting stats about Giannis as if they are the greatest thing since Michael Jordan and ignoring the face that AD has surpassed him in nearly every category.

I'm not an Anthony Davis fan boy at all LOL.

I'm just being objective. I'm not a big fan of either player.

Not argue MG being a fanboy. Hell he'll agree that he is. More so to your "not close" point like it's not a legit discussion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app

I was just trying to dispute his ridiculous remark that is Absurdly overrated and hasn't done anything to be close.
I have no problem people thinking AD is better even tho my opinion is obviously different.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#82 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:31 pm

I believe so, he's "too big, too tall, too strong for them" -Lavar Ball
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#83 » by Prokorov » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:38 pm

Lakerfan17 wrote:I don't have the direct link, but they said it on The Jump a month or two ago if anyone knows the video on youtube.

They said he's basically going to be the next generational star, "He's going to be better than all of those guys."

Do you figure that's his trajectory?

he is already better then towns, wiggins, and embiid and you can argue davis as well since davis typically misses alot of games
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#84 » by Illmatic12 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
The "it won't be close" was a necessary clarification, right? As if the entire talent pool of the NBA won't even compare to him.

Remember Shaq from that ~99-03 time period? When it was obvious that the NBA was too easy for him and no one else was remotely able to dominate on that level? That's the potential Embiid has if he can stay healthy.

The fact that he hadn't played in years and comes out as a rookie basically dominating on both ends, it's scary for the rest of the league.

Even if he stays healthy (BIG if).... Embiid doesn't have the physical build Shaq did. The NBA had never seen a guy built like him and arguably still haven't to this day. Shaq was taller and 75-100lbs heavier. Embiid has the skillset to be one of, if not the best bigman in the league one day, but he'll never get to that Shaq level of dominance.

Firstly Shaq isn't taller (7'1 vs Embiid who has grown to 7'2).. and Joel Embiid is going to be far better defensively than Shaq ever was. He was already the best rim protector in the league last year, or right there with Gobert

Iirc numbers from last season showed that whenever Embiid was on the floor, the Sixers played like a top 5 defense. So we're talking about a player who has DPOY-level ability, which is something you could never say about Shaq during the time period when his offense was peaking.

The game has changed from when Shaq played so you can't make a direct 1v1 comparison, now we're seeing a player in Embiid can dominate in the paint but is also able to shoot threes as well as face up from midrange. He hasn't played ball in ~3 years and came in averaging 29/11 per 36 as a rookie! If he continues improving through his prime, I think we're going to get to a point when no modern defense will be able to stop him (especially in a league of teams being built to play smallball).

When you consider what he does defensively + offensively, imo Joel Embiid at his peak could be something the league has never seen before.
Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Post#85 » by Acountant_Z » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:08 am

Embiid also has 5.1 fouls and 5.4 TOs per 36. He has a 36% usage!!! and mediocre advanced stats.

He has great potential but does not understand the game, he needs to learn how to play.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#86 » by DusterBuster » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:10 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:Remember Shaq from that ~99-03 time period? When it was obvious that the NBA was too easy for him and no one else was remotely able to dominate on that level? That's the potential Embiid has if he can stay healthy.

The fact that he hadn't played in years and comes out as a rookie basically dominating on both ends, it's scary for the rest of the league.

Even if he stays healthy (BIG if).... Embiid doesn't have the physical build Shaq did. The NBA had never seen a guy built like him and arguably still haven't to this day. Shaq was taller and 75-100lbs heavier. Embiid has the skillset to be one of, if not the best bigman in the league one day, but he'll never get to that Shaq level of dominance.

Firstly Shaq isn't taller (7'1 vs Embiid who has grown to 7'2).. and Joel Embiid is going to be far better defensively than Shaq ever was. He was already the best rim protector in the league last year, or right there with Gobert

Iirc numbers from last season showed that whenever Embiid was on the floor, the Sixers played like a top 5 defense. So we're talking about a player who has DPOY-level ability, which is something you could never say about Shaq during the time period when his offense was peaking.

The game has changed from when Shaq played so you can't make a direct 1v1 comparison, now we're seeing a player in Embiid can dominate in the paint but is also able to shoot threes as well as face up from midrange. He hasn't played ball in ~3 years and came in averaging 29/11 per 36 as a rookie! If he continues improving through his prime, I think we're going to get to a point when no modern defense will be able to stop him (especially in a league of teams being built to play smallball).

When you consider what he does defensively + offensively, imo Joel Embiid at his peak could be something the league has never seen before.

Per36 (which is kind of a silly stat imo) in a very small sample size of 31 games isn't much to go off of when trying to compare him to one of the greatest of all time. I'm not buying what you're selling. That's not to sell him short as a player, but you're going overboard imo.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

Post#87 » by jinxed » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:14 am

It's close between Giannis and AD, but Giannis is more durable so I'll take the Freak..But as of today, Jokic is the best of that age group. Although one wonders how much betterJokic could possible get as he is already so skilled,for Giannis the sky is the limit.
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#88 » by Illmatic12 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:20 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Per36 (which is kind of a silly stat imo) in a very small sample size of 31 games isn't much to go off of when trying to compare him to one of the greatest of all time. I'm not buying what you're selling. That's not to sell him short as a player, but you're going overboard imo.

If he stays healthy, I don't think I'm going overboard. That's obviously a big IF at this point though no denying that. Injuries could derail his potential, but that potential is immense and the point of my post was to explain that to people who aren't fully familiar. We literally have never seen a big man prospect like Embiid, if he stays healthy and continues developing he won't just be some ordinary star player.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#90 » by DusterBuster » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:23 am

jinxed wrote:It's close between Giannis and AD, but Giannis is more durable so I'll take the Freak..But as of today, Jokic is the best of that age group. Although one wonders how much betterJokic could possible get as he is already so skilled,for Giannis the sky is the limit.

I take Giannis over Jokic every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Maybe 5-10 years ago I would have Jokic, but today? You build around a skilled athletic forward like Giannis before a bigman. Think about it, of the teams that have tried to build successfully around a bigman in the past 5 years, who's been successful? Kings w/ Cousins? Nope. Pels w/ AD? Nope. Anyone outside of Orlando with Dwight? Nope.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
T12
Junior
And1: 159

Post#91 » by T12 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:27 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:Remember Shaq from that ~99-03 time period? When it was obvious that the NBA was too easy for him and no one else was remotely able to dominate on that level? That's the potential Embiid has if he can stay healthy.

Defense is not about blocking shots. Shaq was the most physically imposing big man to possibly ever play the game...on both sides of the ball. I am not taking anything away from Embiid but Embiid's come and go...there will probably not be another Wilt/Shaq/Kareem in my lifetime.
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,367

Post#92 » by Pablo Escobar » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:37 am

I'd love to see AD and Giannis team up.. :o
Plata o Plomo?
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,689

Post#93 » by HotRocks34 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:40 am

Saying Giannis is going to be better than Wiggins is like saying in 1984 that Jordan is going to be better than Tony Campbell.

We know.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Rubio9Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,308

Re: RE: Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#94 » by Rubio9Guy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:43 am

jamalkandur wrote:AD>Embiid>GA>KAT>Wiggins

Embiid over KAT and GA at this point is absurd

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using RealGM mobile app
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 657

Post#95 » by YourBuddy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:47 am

hotshotschamp wrote:Karl towns last half of the year had stats of 28 pts and 15 rebs with 3 assists.

He's easily as good as Giannis.

On ridiculously efficient percentages as well. Was something like 60-40-85.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,321

Post#96 » by Scalabrine » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:55 am

So he thinks Porzingis will be in another class then all of them clearly.
Go Knicks!
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Post#97 » by cpower » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:39 am

Wiggins in the conv with these guys? then you should sell him now since his value is never going any higher
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Post#98 » by crows2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:34 am

jinxed wrote:It's close between Giannis and AD, but Giannis is more durable so I'll take the Freak..But as of today, Jokic is the best of that age group. Although one wonders how much betterJokic could possible get as he is already so skilled,for Giannis the sky is the limit.

Sorry but there is no way Jokic is better than Davis. And it's unlikely he'll ever be unless Davis succumbs to a career ending injury.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#99 » by Magic Giannison » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:54 am

Jokic as of right now is nowhere near Giannis, what the hell ?
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,231

Post#100 » by Impuniti » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:33 am

Why is Wiggins in the same sentence as the rest?

Return to The General Board