ImageImageImage

Around the NBA 30.0 - Whale-watching edition

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Around the NBA 30.0 - Whale-watching edition 

Post#441 » by goodboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:45 am

Dr_Heat wrote:^^^poor chalms is still hurting from a few days ago and this guy kicking him when he is down.

Whatta guy this guy is eh

Spoiler:
Bright
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,011

Post#442 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:20 am

JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,976

Post#443 » by JaysRule15 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:46 am

Crazy trade. BC is one of those GMs who just can't sit still lol.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#444 » by goodboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:09 am

JaysRule15 wrote:Crazy trade. BC is one of those GMs who just can't sit still lol.

do you miss em jay
Bright
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#445 » by JaysRule15 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:18 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:Crazy trade. BC is one of those GMs who just can't sit still lol.

do you miss em jay

Kinda, Masai is cool and all, but he's a bit boring. Takes his time with every move and plays it safe. We're not going to get burned on trades, but also won't hit any homeruns.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#446 » by goodboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:24 am

JaysRule15 wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:

do you miss em jay

Kinda, Masai is cool and all, but he's a bit boring. Takes his time with every move and plays it safe. We're not going to get burned on trades, but also won't hit any homeruns.

Well I know BC was hated x10 worse than Masai Jay? And got you guys way further than BC did. But yeah I can see why he's more strategic in his trades. IMO you guys need a different coach.
Bright
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,192

Post#447 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:39 am

IggieCC wrote:All this talk about Boston having more draft picks than they can handle and we're here waiting for Epic Udoh FA signing? FML Bish

Lmaoo, read this and didn't know what you were even talking about (per usual) then went to the previous page to see Grumpy randomly​ campaigning for Ekpe

Lmao classic
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#448 » by HIF » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:45 am

Bishop45 wrote:
IggieCC wrote:All this talk about Boston having more draft picks than they can handle and we're here waiting for Epic Udoh FA signing? FML Bish

Lmaoo, read this and didn't know what you were even talking about (per usual) then went to the previous page to see Grumpy randomly​ campaigning for Ekpe

Lmao classic

In every thread, as Grumpy does.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#449 » by JaysRule15 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:45 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:do you miss em jay

Well I know BC was hated x10 worse than Masai Jay? And got you guys way further than BC did. But yeah I can see why he's more strategic in his trades. IMO you guys need a different coach.

Yeah, BC got a lot of hate because of his love for Euro scrubs and impulse trades (like Rudy Gay and Jermaine lol). That Bargs pick killed us too :banghead: . But he did make some good picks like DeRozan, JV. Ross would've been a good pick if he was a bit more consistent. Also got us Lowry.

Masai has made some good moves (along with some miserable ones like Carroll), but he's mainly just augmented BC's core since he's got here. I wish Casey would get fired, but the guy is bulletproof, despite having his system exposed every year in the playoffs.

Spoiler:

The thing is, Raps franchise history is so barren, that just making the playoffs and winning a round or two is considered a huge accomplishment. We hang those division banners with pride haha. Sad as it is, this current team is the best we've had in franchise history. So it's hard to make changes even though we all know their ceiling is very limited. So jealous of you guys lol.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#450 » by IggieCC » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:57 am

Night owl raptors fans talking gibberish BISH :noway:

Who's BC? Bince Carter? SMH
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
goodboy
RealGM

Post#451 » by goodboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:07 am

IggieCC wrote:Night owl raptors fans talking gibberish BISH :noway:

Who's BC? Bince Carter? SMH

British Columbia iggs
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#452 » by goodboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:09 am

JaysRule15 wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:

Yeah, BC got a lot of hate because of his love for Euro scrubs and impulse trades (like Rudy Gay and Jermaine lol). That Bargs pick killed us too :banghead: . But he did make some good picks like DeRozan, JV. Ross would've been a good pick if he was a bit more consistent. Also got us Lowry.

Masai has made some good moves (along with some miserable ones like Carroll), but he's mainly just augmented BC's core since he's got here. I wish Casey would get fired, but the guy is bulletproof, despite having his system exposed every year in the playoffs.

Spoiler:

The thing is, Raps franchise history is so barren, that just making the playoffs and winning a round or two is considered a huge accomplishment. We hang those division banners with pride haha. Sad as it is, this current team is the best we've had in franchise history. So it's hard to make changes even though we all know their ceiling is very limited. So jealous of you guys lol.

Hey, atleast you guys are constantly making deep into the playoffs as of late (except this year lol), better than first round exists like ATL for 2000 years lol. Yeah totally forgot BC got DD/Lowry and JV, didn't even know that. But I have a strong feeling Casey will be gone sooner than you think Jay.
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#453 » by goodboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:11 am

Bishop45 wrote:

Spoiler:

Lmao classic

Bright
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#454 » by puppa bear » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:14 am

Right now I feel like Ainge comes out of this deal the loser. There has to be more to it, I'm expecting a follow-up deal.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#455 » by Mos_Heat » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Read on Twitter
:reporter:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,011

Post#456 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Think the trade works out great for both teams. Philly was in danger of having too many young players on their team and more roster imbalance. Now they can take a guy who fits what they need very well.

For Boston, they get another prime asset in the LAL or Sac pick while still getting a stud this year. I wouldn't trade for Butler at this point if I were them. They're not THAT good to think he's the missing piece.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#457 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:45 pm

BC has got a lot of heat for being incompetent but this more than makes up for a few mistakes. I'm still not a firm believer in Austrailian Rondo or Embiid's ability to consistently 70+ Regular season games and hypothetically 12+ Playoff games with his injury history but Markelle is something. Hopefully they can make the Playoffs sometime in the near future to make fruition of all the Hinkie praise for doing nothing

If C's get Josh Jackson or Jimmy Butler/Blake Griffin than they're not much worse off but they're playing with fire. IT must have hit Ainge with the "...But Sempai, why?" at least once since

Rest in Power Chadwick

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#458 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:51 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Think the trade works out great for both teams. Philly was in danger of having too many young players on their team and more roster imbalance. Now they can take a guy who fits what they need very well.

For Boston, they get another prime asset in the LAL or Sac pick while still getting a stud this year. I wouldn't trade for Butler at this point if I were them. They're not THAT good to think he's the missing piece.

Butler AND Griffin or Hayward is a considerable leap for a team that just topped the conference if they could land it. Not sure how much cap maneuvering they would have to do tho

Rest in Power Chadwick

Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#459 » by Mos_Heat » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:51 pm

Bishop45 wrote:BC has got a lot of heat for being incompetent but this more than makes up for a few mistakes. I'm still not a firm believer in Austrailian Rondo or Embiid's ability to consistently 70+ Regular season games and hypothetically 12+ Playoff games with his injury history but Markelle is something. Hopefully they can make the Playoffs sometime in the near future to make fruition of all the Hinkie praise for doing nothing

If C's get Josh Jackson or Jimmy Butler/Blake Griffin than they're not much worse off but they're playing with fire. IT must have hit Ainge with the "...But Sempai, why?" at least once since

there is a lot of noise that Tatum is their guy
:reporter:
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#460 » by Flash4thewin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:51 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Think the trade works out great for both teams. Philly was in danger of having too many young players on their team and more roster imbalance. Now they can take a guy who fits what they need very well.

This is a great move for Philly. They have a good core minus a SG and will make noise very soon. Boston i feel has no direction in the sense of either going all in to compete or do a full rebuild. Unless Boston is going to package things up to get a real elite game changer they would have been better off rebuilding

Return to Miami Heat