Should/Will Draymond Green be a HOFer?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will/Should Draymond Green be enshrined in the HOF if he performs as expected?

He will deservedly make the HOF.
54%
He will undeservedly make the HOF.
13%
He will not make the HOF despite deserving it.
3%
He will justifiably NOT make the HOF.
30%

Total votes: 195

TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Re: Should/Will Draymond Green be a HOFer? 

Post#41 » by TheDominator273 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:23 am

Basketball HOF has a pretty low standard to get in so I don't know how he doesn't make it, even if he never played another game
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#42 » by KidPistol » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:26 am

I don't see why not especially if he wins DPOY this year.
Let's say he wins DPOY this year AND next year, along with a 3rd ring. There is no way you could argue that he shouldn't be.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
Kurosawa0
Analyst
And1: 3,276

Post#43 » by Kurosawa0 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:49 am

Well, let me ask this, if Chris Bosh is getting in then why shouldn't Draymond?
BigLurch92
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#44 » by BigLurch92 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:51 am

Undoubtedly. Especially if he wins another 2-3 titles.
InsanityKills
Sophomore
And1: 240

Post#45 » by InsanityKills » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:52 am

Hell no he doesn't deserve to make it! Hall of fame is for the best of the best players, not some star role player.

If this Donkey-looking nig ga makes it, it automatically diminishes the value of being a Hall of Famer tbh...

This is extremely offensive and unacceptable, No one need respond to this post.
Last edited by bwgood77 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warning and strike issued
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 765

Post#46 » by lordjeff05 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:13 am

I'm not a Warriors fan,but Draymond definitely deserves to be in the hall. He has never been the best player on the Dubs but he has always been the most important. Without his ability to spread the floor and masterfully pick apart defenses in 4 on 3 situations on the pick and roll, or his ability to switch on to smalls and guard bigs, the Warriors simply aren't the Warriors. They'd never have had the appeal of free agency, like they did with KD.

He made all that happen, and did it for one of the best teams of all time. He def. deserves to be in the hall.
nfmos
Veteran
And1: 3,540

Post#47 » by nfmos » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:33 am

I love how whenever individual accolades and praise is doled out to players who were on the Dubs before KD and not named Curry, they are torn down as role players and just products of the system. But when those same critics complain about KD joining us, they stress what an amazing team of all stars he just joined and how unfair that was.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#48 » by puppa bear » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:37 am

To me, HOFers should transcend time & space - they should be a player who would be at least good, if not great, in any era, on any team.

Green, for me, is too much a product of this era and this team. I'm not convinced he could replicate what he does, and the accolades his gets from fans, on all other teams. And I know he wouldn't be transplantable universally across eras - some he would excel in, and others he would need the right fit.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#49 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:39 am

Sanders Sanders and Dennis Rodman are in the Hall of Fame. Satch Sanders was a good defensive player who won a lot of championships with Bill Russell.

Shawn Kemp, Terry Cummings, Horrace Grant, Bobby Jones, Buck Williams, Paul Silas, and Robert Horry are not in Hall of fame.

How long do you have to wait to get in the Hall of fame? Ben Wallace is a 4 time defensive player of the year who is not in the Hall of Fame. Sidney Moncreif is a 2 time Defensive player of the year and a good scorer and he is not in the hall of fame. Mark Eaton is a 2 time defensive player of the year who is not in the Hall of Fame.

Michael Cooper was defensive player of the year and won 5 championships and is not in the Hall of fame.
Dennis Johnson is in the Hall of Fame.

Draymond and the Warriors need a few more good years to get Draymond into the Hall of Fame.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#50 » by Spanish_Laker » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:45 am

If Green becomes a HOFer, then everyone can become one. HOF has lost a lot of credit recently, if they induct Green, then gg wp to their credibility.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#51 » by 3Diamantidis » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:49 am

lakerz12 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
The leader? He's not the leader. They could trade him for any of those guys I mentioned and still win the championship this year.

Before they added KD, imagine if Curry got injured last year. Would they even reach the second round of the playoffs?

He is without question one of the leaders on the team, I'm not sure how you can say otherwise?

There's a big difference between "the leader" and "one of the leaders"...calling him "the leader" means he is more of a leader than Curry, which he isn't.

So no one ever said he wasn't "one of the leaders"...see that?

Green is the leader of the warriors, not curry.
He is the guy that makes the talks, he is the man who can blast KD when he calls for the ball instead of making a screen, he is the guy that all journalists are trying to find every time they want a statement regarding an issue n the locker room or sth else. Not curry.
Curry might be the better player and yes if he gets injured or something like that the blow will be severe.
That makes him a better player. Not a better leader.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#52 » by The_Hater » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:25 am

Green has only been an NBA starter for 3 seasons now. Let's save the HOF discussion when he actually had a career under his belt.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#53 » by The_Hater » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:29 am

Spanish_Laker wrote:If Green becomes a HOFer, then everyone can become one. HOF has lost a lot of credit recently, if they induct Green, then gg wp to their credibility.

Your argument doesn't even make sense. Dennis Rodman is in the HOF. Dikembe Mutombo. Ben Wallace might still get in. It's not like they haven't rewarded defensive minded players before and Green has a better all-around game then those 3.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#54 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:48 am

Jordans_Rose wrote:
dlts20 wrote:Honestly I could make the HOF in basketball. They let anyone in. I don't even know how they can fit all the people in. Basketball is the most watered down HOF and it's not even close

I'm not sure if you're a wrestling fan but Vince McMahon of the WWE literally hand chooses who he wants and does not want, the media, reporters don't have a say and wrestling is sports entertainment, their Hall-of-Fame is a joke. There have been wrestlers who have won titles but if Vince holds a grudge against another wrestler he won't let them in.

All sports hold grudges to hof worthy players. The basketball HOF is easily the worst. A person can make it just by being affiliated with basketball and not even played the sport at any high level.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#55 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:49 am

For thread purposes the basketball hof standards are very low. green will make and should based on the low standards it has.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,162

Post#56 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:02 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
How long do you have to wait to get in the Hall of fame? Ben Wallace is a 4 time defensive player of the year who is not in the Hall of Fame.

To be fair, Ben Wallace has only been eligible for one year.

To be fairer yet, Ben Wallace should've been a first ballot Hall of Famer.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,109

Post#57 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:32 pm

I love reading these threads :lol: the salt toward current great players is hilarious
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,713

Post#58 » by Yoshun » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:01 pm

I don't think so. Unless they win a few more rings or he gets his own team.
2ndOrder
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#59 » by 2ndOrder » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:27 pm

dudes a tremendous player who put in the work and it shows in his game. will definitely make it if he keeps performing. and I hate the guy sometimes.. lmao
DROB27
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,119

Post#60 » by DROB27 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:30 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:I love reading these threads :lol: the salt toward current great players is hilarious

There is no salt ?? He's an overrated player .. plan and simple

Return to The General Board