Should/Will Draymond Green be a HOFer?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will/Should Draymond Green be enshrined in the HOF if he performs as expected?

He will deservedly make the HOF.
54%
He will undeservedly make the HOF.
13%
He will not make the HOF despite deserving it.
3%
He will justifiably NOT make the HOF.
30%

Total votes: 195

killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Re: Should/Will Draymond Green be a HOFer? 

Post#61 » by killacalijatt » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:33 pm

He was marvelous in the role of the Nutcracker. 1st Ballot hall of famer.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#62 » by lakerz12 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:40 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
He is without question one of the leaders on the team, I'm not sure how you can say otherwise?

There's a big difference between "the leader" and "one of the leaders"...calling him "the leader" means he is more of a leader than Curry, which he isn't.

So no one ever said he wasn't "one of the leaders"...see that?

Green is the leader of the warriors, not curry.
He is the guy that makes the talks, he is the man who can blast KD when he calls for the ball instead of making a screen, he is the guy that all journalists are trying to find every time they want a statement regarding an issue n the locker room or sth else. Not curry.
Curry might be the better player and yes if he gets injured or something like that the blow will be severe.
That makes him a better player. Not a better leader.

I think what you're describing is an outgoing/loud personality.

Personally, I think you have to be at least the 3rd best player on the team to be considered "the" leader.

But I respect your opinion.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#63 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:08 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:I love reading these threads :lol: the salt toward current great players is hilarious

There'd be less "salt" if people stopped insisting he was a "great" player instead of the top-tier role player he actually is.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,162

Post#64 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:09 pm

DROB27 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:I love reading these threads :lol: the salt toward current great players is hilarious

There is no salt ?? He's an overrated player .. plan and simple

Any team in the NBA would love to have him, far from overrated. What exactly has he gotten that makes him overrated? He's an all NBA player, he hasn't won a MVP or Fonals MVP, so what is he?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
DROB27
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,119

Post#65 » by DROB27 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:13 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
DROB27 wrote:

Any team in the NBA would love to have him, far from overrated. What exactly has he gotten that makes him overrated? He's an all NBA player, he hasn't won a MVP or Fonals MVP, so what is he?

I'm guessing your not seeing what I see on the PC board ... dude is the most overrated player on here
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#66 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:26 pm

is this HOF for basketball or HOF for kickboxing?
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,427

Post#67 » by azcatz11 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:33 pm

lakerz12 wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
There's a big difference between "the leader" and "one of the leaders"...calling him "the leader" means he is more of a leader than Curry, which he isn't.

So no one ever said he wasn't "one of the leaders"...see that?

Green is the leader of the warriors, not curry.
He is the guy that makes the talks, he is the man who can blast KD when he calls for the ball instead of making a screen, he is the guy that all journalists are trying to find every time they want a statement regarding an issue n the locker room or sth else. Not curry.
Curry might be the better player and yes if he gets injured or something like that the blow will be severe.
That makes him a better player. Not a better leader.

I think what you're describing is an outgoing/loud personality.

Personally, I think you have to be at least the 3rd best player on the team to be considered "the" leader.

But I respect your opinion.

You don't think he's the 3rd best player?
CaptainMorgan78
Junior
And1: 273

Re: RE: Re: Should/Will Draymond Green be a HOFer? 

Post#68 » by CaptainMorgan78 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:42 pm

lakerz12 wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:None of these guys have his personality, his leading skills, his overall game.
He will go down in history as the leader of one of the greatest teams of all time.
And yes, he will deserve it.

The leader? He's not the leader. They could trade him for any of those guys I mentioned and still win the championship this year.

You obviously don't know much about the Warriors, he's definitely one of the leaders, if not "the leader". Durant, Curry & Klay all have very passive personalities, Draymond is the one guy who is very outspoken and emotional, it's something the Warriors desperately need, he's a great compliment to the team.

Sent from my Z981 using RealGM mobile app
papidulo
Rookie
And1: 651

Post#69 » by papidulo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:48 pm

If in one of the finals in the future, he wins Finals MVP by avg a triple double (10pt, 10 reb, 10 ast) and being a difference maker, a la Iguodala, I think he will. Hes gonna get at least 1 DPOY, more all-star appearances, etc...

Hes not the best player in the world, but hes become the prototypical championship glue guy.
Xherdan 23
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,537

Post#70 » by Xherdan 23 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:51 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
DROB27 wrote:

He is a DPOY caliber player and has been for three years now.
What makes him overrated are people who think he's also an MVP candidate, which he's definitely not, people who claim he's more important to the Dubs OFFENSE than Steph, the people who think he's a better playmaker than LeBron and the people who think he'd be a HOFer if he ended his career now (yes, they exist on this board).

I don't hate Draymond (in fact I like this style of player, my two favorite players of all time are AK47 and Big Ben) or GSW but let's put things into perspective here:

A very good defender, maybe top 20 all time IMO but not the GOAT.
The guy has exactly 3 seasons as a starter in the league and he's already 27.
Considering almost all of his shots are wide open, he's an awful shooter and people have the nerves to say he provides spacing - he doesn't, teams don't even close out to contest his shots.
He has an OK ball handling and passing but nothing special.

The correct comparison for Draymond should be Kirilenko (and that's a very good tier to be in), if Draymond keeps this up he'll move over that because AK had a pretty short prime.

But he's been in ridiculous conversations with the likes of Kevin Garnett with some posters saying he's already over Pippen all time.
These are insane opinions and they're not rare on the PC board and sometimes on the GB as well.

So yeah, I'd absolutely call that overrated.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#71 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:21 pm

DROB27 wrote:

I don't think he is overrated but then I don't necessarily think he should get into th Hall of Fame. They put the 1960s Celtics Role players in the Hall of Fame but I think the standards for getting into the Hall of Fame have gotten higher.

Draymond really is a special player. His defensive decision making and timing is special. Draymond's ability to be a good LeBron Level point guard on offense is important to the Warriors because the opposing defenses try to force the ball out of Curry's hands. Durrant, Iguodala, and Bogut could all function as a point guard but Draymond does a better job functioning as a point guard than they do.
prejt
Junior
And1: 368

Post#72 » by prejt » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:25 pm

not even close
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#73 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:26 pm

He should go to a team and be the main guy, then we can fully judge him. Being the 4th best player on a team should not get you into the HOF. I would take KD, Curry and Klay over him anyday.

If he can go to a team, be the head guy, and lead them to the playoffs and be like he is, we will talk. Until then, no way. It's embarrassing that

9pts per game, 6.8 rebounds, 4.1 assists, with a poor 43% FG for a PF, and 33% from 3, Great defender and leader or not, if that's a HOF player then the HOF is a joke.

Fortunately he has many years to prove himself more worthy.
r3demption
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#74 » by r3demption » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:31 pm

How many 4th options have made the Hall of Fame? Anyone know off hand for reference ?
True Story
Pro Prospect
And1: 766

Post#75 » by True Story » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:41 pm

This guy, whether you love or hate him, is the fundamental definition of a true baller.

Selfless, team first, absolute defensive stud and he IS the life and energy of a record breaking team for 3+ years now.

The worst part for you haters is that he is JUST getting started.
True Story
Pro Prospect
And1: 766

Post#76 » by True Story » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:43 pm

He has bullied some of your team's centers despite being 6' 6".

Out-rebounded them.

He has wet 3's when they ignore him on offense.

He has locked down the best offensive talent on the team.

And he only bitches when the ball isnt being moved to everyone the team.

You are a certified HATER if you dont recognize the talent.
CeraVe
Junior
And1: 230

Post#77 » by CeraVe » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:44 pm

If Draymond is a HOFer, what does that say about the HOF and why couldn't the other 60 PFs in NBA history that weren't HOFers make it as well?

Is Kevin Love a Hall of Famer too? He outplayed Dray 3 out of 5 games and was putting up stellar stats before joining the Cavs

Both had similar FG% and Love was good defensively in the finals.
Professional sports is idolatry.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#78 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Draymond vs LeBron as a playmaker:
Draymond for the last to years per 100 possesions has had similar about as many assists as LeBron.
LeBron has the advantage of having the ball in his hands all the time.
Draymond has the advantage of having more better open people to pass to.
I consider those two factors to sort of cancel each other out.

LeBron may have more pretty passes but pretty passes are not necessarily better than other passes that get the job done.
I think Bird was a better passer than Magic but Bird's assist numbers are lower than LeBron and Draymond's. Bird did not have the ball as much as LeBron and did not tend to have as many open teammates as DrYmond has.

Bottom line for me is that although I consider LeBron an overrated passer if people are going to promote LeBron as GOAT based on LeBron's passing then they should promote Draymond for Hall of fame based on Draymond's passing. At least recognize that Draymond is either a LeBron level passer or just a notch below LeBron as a passer.
Steven1562
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,180

Post#79 » by Steven1562 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:49 pm

I think he can get in but needs more to pad his resume. A few more titles and a few DPOY awards and he'll get in.
Any time y'all wanna see me again
Rewind this track right here, close your eyes
and picture me rollin

Scottie Barnes Believer.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#80 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:49 pm

CeraVe wrote:If Draymond is a HOFer, what does that say about the HOF and why couldn't the other 60 PFs in NBA history that weren't HOFers make it as well?

Is Kevin Love a Hall of Famer too? He outplayed Dray 3 out of 5 games and was putting up stellar stats before joining the Cavs

Both had similar FG% and Love was good defensively.

If Love and Draymond continue playing at the levels they have played at then they shoul be the borderline Hall of Famers who get some votes to put them in the Hall of Fame but just miss actually getting into the Hall of Fame.

Return to The General Board