ImageImageImage

2017 Draft Thread 2.0- Something to... Lmfao.. lol @

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Who do you want from realistic options such as T.J. Leaf? Vote T.J. Now

T.J. Leaf
14%
John Collins
4%
Isaiah Hartenstein
4%
OG Anunoby
9%
Justin Jackson
13%
Justin Patton
5%
Harry Giles
8%
Zach Collins
19%
Luke Kennard
9%
Other
15%

Total votes: 93

SpacelyH
Sophomore
And1: 193

Re: 2017 Draft Thread 2.0- Something to... Lmfao.. lol @ 

Post#1681 » by SpacelyH » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:33 pm

radikalBaller wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:Winslow shot mechanics always looked wierd even in college. Bell's shooting form is actually pretty decent.

As long as he can hit the 18 footer like UD we should be fine. 3 pts shooting would be a bonus but looking at his workout results and his plus 70% ft conversion there is hope that he can shoot it over 30 pct which should keep defenses honest.

His hookshot was not getting blocked in college as he gets nice elevation before releasing it.

If anything he was a very efficient scorer at Oregon.

Well as of now he isn't proven to hit those shots. What exactly was he shooting in the workouts?

And if anything he's efficient but limited to what little offensive game he has.

Bell: 24 (with lot of 3pters)
Brihma: 18
Meeks: 13
Beacon: 10
Alford: 10

Here you can also hear him say that he has been shooting it well in the workouts. Winslow never shot it well in his workouts, part of the reasons why he droped to 10th...

Also here is an article mentioning his shooting progress at Oregon

http://www.dailyemerald.com/2016/11/17/addition-jumpshot-jordan-bell-become-one-oregons-versatile-players/

Awesome, hopefully this isn't just a practice thing and it actually transfers to the NBA. So would he be playing as an undersized PF or could he play the SF position? Also how are his handles? That probably would be the biggest factor in choosing what position he plays in the NBA.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1682 » by radikalBaller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:47 pm

SpacelyH wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:

Well as of now he isn't proven to hit those shots. What exactly was he shooting in the workouts?

And if anything he's efficient but limited to what little offensive game he has.

Bell: 24 (with lot of 3pters)
Brihma: 18
Meeks: 13
Beacon: 10
Alford: 10

Here you can also hear him say that he has been shooting it well in the workouts. Winslow never shot it well in his workouts, part of the reasons why he droped to 10th...

Also here is an article mentioning his shooting progress at Oregon

http://www.dailyemerald.com/2016/11/17/addition-jumpshot-jordan-bell-become-one-oregons-versatile-players/

Awesome, hopefully this isn't just a practice thing and it actually transfers to the NBA. So would he be playing as an undersized PF or could he play the SF position? Also how are his handles? That probably would be the biggest factor in choosing what position he plays in the NBA.

His passing is pretty good for a big, similarly to Mason Plumlee I would say.

I would have in a similar role to Draymond as a small ball Defensive C with decent passing. Alternatetively, as his 3pt shot get refined I would play him as a PF next to whiteside and litterally lock the paint.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/draft-profile-can-undersized-jordan-bell-be-force-nba/

spectrec130
Starter
And1: 1,813

Post#1683 » by spectrec130 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:50 pm

radikalBaller wrote:Remember this guy ?? Would you take a same heart, same motor, same learship, same rebounding, same toughness, but with quicker feet, better passing, better shotblocking, better stealing, defensively switchable version of him at 14th ? I would..

Pass... This team needs offense, specifically consistent 3 pt shooting out of the sf/pf position or a young stud closer to build around.... Don't wanna see yet another some hustle defense kid with no offense=role/bench player.... but at 14 our choices are limited

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#1684 » by Wolfy1983 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:00 pm

spectrec130 wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:Remember this guy ?? Would you take a same heart, same motor, same learship, same rebounding, same toughness, but with quicker feet, better passing, better shotblocking, better stealing, defensively switchable version of him at 14th ? I would..

Pass... This team needs offense, specifically consistent 3 pt shooting out of the sf/pf position or a young stud closer to build around.... Don't wanna see yet another some hustle defense kid with no offense=role/bench player.... but at 14 our choices are limited

We were one of the highest scoring teams in the league in the 2nd half of the season. If anything we blew a few games because our defense collapsed in the 2nd half of games. Adding more hustlers on D wouldn't be a bad thing. No one is going to out shoot Golden State anyways. Bell's awareness in the passing lanes can lead to fast break points. Patton can lead to more offensive boards and putbacks.

Cleveland's problem was stopping Golden State on defense. The made Durant look like Shaq with all those dunks.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
SpacelyH
Sophomore
And1: 193

Post#1685 » by SpacelyH » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:32 pm

If Donovan Mitchell found a way to drop to 14 I'm taking that kid instantly.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#1686 » by radikalBaller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:34 pm

spectrec130 wrote:

Who do you have in mind as an offensive stud that would be available at 14th and able to contribute for a playoff run in year 1 whithout being a total liability on defense ? I don't see anyone that would move the needle specially up front where we have our biggest need.

We might be better addressing the offense through free agancy or trade with Hayward or George.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#1687 » by radikalBaller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:37 pm

SpacelyH wrote:If Donovan Mitchell found a way to drop to 14 I'm taking that kid instantly.

Mitchel is a nice prospect, though after watching a couple of his game, I am not sure if the BB IQ is there yet.
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#1688 » by leoshes » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
leoshes wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Euroleague is the second best professional league out there, NCAA's not even in the same league competitively

Sorry about turning this thread into an afterschool special

The problem with Euro players, or players from anywhere else is that they dont get to compete with all the other talents coming out of College. So its harder to compere them to those that played against each other.

But they're playing better overall competition in Euroleague, you're talking about maybe 5... At the most, really talented prospects in NCAA who's head-to-head match-ups don't count for anything. Playing in the Euroleague doesn't make a prospect inferior, just means they have to be evaluated by different means of competition

That's the hard part. When you have 50/60 college players playing against each other, it make it easier to evaluate them. Those 5/10 overseas players are harder to evaluate because they dont play against the same competition. Its the same reason why Pat Riley doesnt like drafting over seas players. Not because they are not talented but because drafting a college player is a safer bet.
leoshes
Veteran

Post#1689 » by leoshes » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
leoshes wrote:

The problem with Euro players, or players from anywhere else is that they dont get to compete with all the other talents coming out of College. So its harder to compere them to those that played against each other.

But they're playing better overall competition in Euroleague, you're talking about maybe 5... At the most, really talented prospects in NCAA who's head-to-head match-ups don't count for anything. Playing in the Euroleague doesn't make a prospect inferior, just means they have to be evaluated by different means of competition

yep. Real Madrid, CSKA or Fenerbache would easily beat any College team in a 7 game series

Then why are none of them being drafted in the top 5 this year ? :-?
leoshes
Veteran

Post#1690 » by leoshes » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:23 pm

RJM wrote:
leoshes wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Giles is Kwame Brown

More like Greg Oden unless he can get back to 100% & if so he is as quick as Bosh & Lamar Odom.

Watch some High School games of him & you will see.

High school is rarely a good indicator of NBA athleticism.

Justise Winslow was an explosive shooting guard in HS. I'm not sure I've ever seen him elevate this way in a HEAT uniform. The closest I remember was his debut dunk vs. Charlotte.

What does Winslow have to do with Giles? Did Winslow blow out both knees befor entering collage?
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#1691 » by RJM » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:53 pm

leoshes wrote:
RJM wrote:
leoshes wrote:

More like Greg Oden unless he can get back to 100% & if so he is as quick as Bosh & Lamar Odom.

Watch some High School games of him & you will see.

Justise Winslow was an explosive shooting guard in HS. I'm not sure I've ever seen him elevate this way in a HEAT uniform. The closest I remember was his debut dunk vs. Charlotte.

What does Winslow have to do with Giles? Did Winslow blow out both knees befor entering collage?

Had you read the very first line, you wouldn't be asking this question. Pay attention.
leoshes
Veteran

Post#1692 » by leoshes » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:02 pm

RJM wrote:
leoshes wrote:
RJM wrote:

Had you read the very first line, you wouldn't be asking this question. Pay attention.

You still dont get what i am trying to say. Forget the high shcool competition part. Infact forget about anyone else. Just watch him move in practice, alown, or when he wa just messing around. The speed that he had was impresive. & unfortunetly since he blew out his knees, i havent seen it. So it has nothing to do with anyone else, its him i am talking about.
spectrec130
Starter

Post#1693 » by spectrec130 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:01 pm

radikalBaller wrote:
spectrec130 wrote:

Who do you have in mind as an offensive stud that would be available at 14th and able to contribute for a playoff run in year 1 whithout being a total liability on defense ? I don't see anyone that would move the needle specially up front where we have our biggest need.

We might be better addressing the offense through free agancy or trade with Hayward or George.

Im no draft expert and was responding to having another hustle defensive player that's limited offensively... Just pass and go another direction. We already have JW and HW

After watching these playoffs, more convinced than ever if you do not have legit deep 3 pt offensive threats in multiple areas on the floor, you're as good as dead...

spectrec130
Starter

Post#1694 » by spectrec130 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:21 pm

radikalBaller wrote:
spectrec130 wrote:

Agree that FA might be a better option

Hayward would def be the best option but daaam is that 30+ million salary gonna take away a lotta cap flexibility... But at least Miami can keep the 14th pick and maybe useful in dumping salary to enable resigning JJ/Dion

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,010

Post#1695 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:48 pm

Paying Hayward $30 mil is kind of scary, but what're you going to do? I'd prefer to pay him closer to $20 mil and would think thats a very good deal, but he's entered FA at a great time.
spectrec130
Starter

Post#1696 » by spectrec130 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:59 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Paying Hayward $30 mil is kind of scary, but what're you going to do? I'd prefer to pay him closer to $20 mil and would think thats a very good deal, but he's entered FA at a great time.

Just of the opinion that Miami needs to get into the PO's by any means necessary.... Would be crushed to have what happened to the Brooklyn Nets hit this team. Give PHX a 20's pick in the 1st rd. But agree that a lower salary for Hayward would be optimal but as you said, he is coming into FA at the perfect time.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1697 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:08 am

spectrec130 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Paying Hayward $30 mil is kind of scary, but what're you going to do? I'd prefer to pay him closer to $20 mil and would think thats a very good deal, but he's entered FA at a great time.

Just of the opinion that Miami needs to get into the PO's by any means necessary.... Would be crushed to have what happened to the Brooklyn Nets hit this team. Give PHX a 20's pick in the 1st rd. But agree that a lower salary for Hayward would be optimal but as you said, he is coming into FA at the perfect time.

I'm with you. I will take who we can get and wish for the best. I just want to be entertained and I think GH could def bring some excitement.

Would take a chance on trading for PG too.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#1698 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:59 am

NBA draft combine on ESPN has been must watch TV
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#1699 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 am

Oof. No safety, going to turn heel at the right time when he gets to the league. Trade up and save em' Riles

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1700 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:15 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:NBA draft combine on ESPN has been must watch TV

Who's showing out?

Return to Miami Heat