Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#101 » by Jimako10 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:18 am

If you promise me that Embiid can stay healthy, I think I'd take him over Giannis, but just barely. Since that's not a promise anyone ca make, Giannis easily is #1.
jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#102 » by jinxed » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
jinxed wrote:It's close between Giannis and AD, but Giannis is more durable so I'll take the Freak..But as of today, Jokic is the best of that age group. Although one wonders how much betterJokic could possible get as he is already so skilled,for Giannis the sky is the limit.

Jokic as of right now is nowhere near Giannis, what the hell ?

Jokic outperforms Giannis in every advanced single statistical category. This isn't a knock on Giannis, Giannis is great. You probably don't understand how good Jokic is. I'll put his league rank next to his stat..

RPM

Jokic 6.73 (6th)
Giannis 4.21

RAPM

Jokic 4.99 (4th)
Giannis 1.58

BPM

Jokic 8.3 (5th)
Giannis 7.6

WS/48

Jokic .229 (9th)
Giannis .210

PER

Jokic 26.4 (8th)
Giannis 26.1

Here is an article from 538, entitled "Nikola Jokic is one of the best young players of all time"

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nikola-jokic-is-suddenly-one-of-the-best-young-nba-players-of-all-time/
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

Post#103 » by jinxed » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:49 pm

crows2 wrote:
jinxed wrote:It's close between Giannis and AD, but Giannis is more durable so I'll take the Freak..But as of today, Jokic is the best of that age group. Although one wonders how much betterJokic could possible get as he is already so skilled,for Giannis the sky is the limit.

Sorry but there is no way Jokic is better than Davis. And it's unlikely he'll ever be unless Davis succumbs to a career ending injury.

See my reply above. By the advanced stats, specifically RPM, RAPM, BPM, WS/48, Jokic is better than AD.
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#104 » by RaptorsLife » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:53 pm

I agree. Giannis is a monster on both ends
Raptors til death
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#105 » by karkinos » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:25 pm

I wouldn't overlook vorp either. Iirc Davis and Gianni's have similar win share but vorp is easily in giannis favor which may explain the differences in the win column this past year.

Problem with guys like AD is question of durability. Has had a lot of 60 game seasons early on, just got to 75 this year. And I can bet that the majority of GMs will take giannis over AD at this time. What that would tell me is that even if giannis isn't as good yet, most agree he will be better later anyways. Position at the wing is also more valuable.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#106 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 pm

They're really going out on a limb saying he'd be better than Wiggins :lol:
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#107 » by DarthDiggler69 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:35 am

1. Towns
2. Giannis
3. Embiid if healthy
4. Davis
5. Wiggins
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,168

Post#108 » by Mickey8 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:37 am

The "Greek " guy can't shoot to save his life :lol: Lol at being better player than Davis.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,313

Post#109 » by Infinite Llamas » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:08 am

Magic Giannison wrote:

Jokic as of right now is nowhere near Giannis, what the hell ?

If Jokic was starting from day one and getting the minutes he got from January on, Denver would have been a 50 win team no doubt, and that would have been good enough for 6th in the West. And Denver's 2nd half brilliance on the offensive end mainly starts and ends with Jokic.

If you mixed Jokic's bball IQ and elite skills with Giannis's superb athleticism and defensive prowess and that would be truly a generational player.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,581

Post#110 » by BloodNinja » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:20 am

One thing Greek Freak has on all of these big guys is that he's a primary ball handler. That's a huge thing to have because at the end of games he doesn't need to work to get the ball because he starts with it. Same with fast breaks, he can rebound the ball on the defensive end take 5 steps and already be dunking on the other end.

Anyway, it's good that the league has so much young talent.
EarlyRaptor
Junior
And1: 594

Post#111 » by EarlyRaptor » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:34 am

If he developes a jump shot, sure. Needs a consistent jumper to be elite. Imagine if kd didn't have a jumper.
xfactor99
Junior
And1: 397

Post#112 » by xfactor99 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:48 am

BloodNinja wrote:One thing Greek Freak has on all of these big guys is that he's a primary ball handler. That's a huge thing to have because at the end of games he doesn't need to work to get the ball because he starts with it. Same with fast breaks, he can rebound the ball on the defensive end take 5 steps and already be dunking on the other end.

Anyway, it's good that the league has so much young talent.

Agreed, all else being equal I want the guy who is the primary ballhandler. Davis and Towns are still reliant on the point guard to get them the ball, and against great defenses the few seconds that it takes to enter the ball to them can make a significant difference.

Plus wings are so scarce in the modern NBA. That alone gives the Greek Freak a boost over those other guys imo.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#113 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:51 am

I'd rather have Giannis than all of them, there is no limit for that dude. It's not wrong to have that opinion.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#114 » by Young_Star11 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:47 am

Bold statement but definitely possible for a guy turning heads and at 22 has already played four NBA seasons.

Return to The General Board