Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Kurosawa0
Analyst
And1: 3,276

Re: What do the Cavs give up for PG13? 

Post#621 » by Kurosawa0 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 am

If you're the Pacers would you rather have Love for George or a deal with say Shumpert, Frye and 2021 unprotected 1st rounder? I think I might take the gamble on the Cavs being bad in three years.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#622 » by fart » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:56 am

fart wrote:
RCM88x wrote:
fart wrote:
C'mon Cavs aren't getting George for trash. Celtics could put together a better offer for a rental in their sleep.

They could, but why in gods name would they? Boston + PG does nothing against GS or even Cleveland. Ainge has stated multiple times and made it very clear they are not looking to make moves that improve them short term.

Selling their assets to become slightly better for 1 season is not a smart move when the assets are more valuable than the player on the market. Why would you sell the potential to have multiple good young players for the future, to take a top 20 player for one season? That makes absolutely no sense unless that top 20 player makes you the title favorite, which it certainly doesn't.

My point is that if the going rate for a George rental is trash, there are many other teams that could offer a better "trash offer" than the Cavs trash offer.

You don't think a team like Houston would offer a couple of late firsts for one year of PG? What about San Antonio? Toronto?

Any team that believes they are a piece or two away from a title would offer a few scrubs like shumpert along with a late pick or two for 1 year services of Paul George.

Hell, even the Lakers could offer a better offer without giving up an true assets. Send Indiana Clarkson and a late pick and call it a day.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#623 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:57 am

Kurosawa0 wrote:If you're the Pacers would you rather have Love for George or a deal with say Shumpert, Frye and 2021 unprotected 1st rounder? I think I might take the gamble on the Cavs being bad in three years.

Love can always be flipped at some point. A pick in 2021 is a huge gamble. Take Love.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,968

Post#624 » by RCM88x » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:58 am

fart wrote:
RCM88x wrote:
fart wrote:
C'mon Cavs aren't getting George for trash. Celtics could put together a better offer for a rental in their sleep.

They could, but why in gods name would they? Boston + PG does nothing against GS or even Cleveland. Ainge has stated multiple times and made it very clear they are not looking to make moves that improve them short term.

Selling their assets to become slightly better for 1 season is not a smart move when the assets are more valuable than the player on the market. Why would you sell the potential to have multiple good young players for the future, to take a top 20 player for one season? That makes absolutely no sense unless that top 20 player makes you the title favorite, which it certainly doesn't.

My point is that if the going rate for a George rental is trash, there are many other teams that could offer a better "trash offer" than the Cavs trash offer.

You don't think a team like Houston would offer a couple of late firsts for one year of PG? What about San Antonio? Toronto?

Any team that believes they are a piece or two away from a title would offer a few scrubs like shumpert along with a late pick or two for 1 year services of Paul George.

I don't see SA making such a move, PG isn't a guy that fits in their organization. Toronto is a possibility, though if they lose Lowry they are better off keeping any picks they can offer. Houston is probably the only other player, they can definitely offer more than the Cavs, question just becomes do they actually pull the trigger?

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Tigersrule
RealGM
And1: 7,543

Post#625 » by Tigersrule » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:03 am

If the Pelicans got Cousins for nothing, Cavs can get George for nothing as well...but why not give up Love for him...pretty sure PG would be willing to resign and play with LBJ whos his favorite player, and Kyrie...Bron can play the 4 against the Warriors and guard Draymond and get more rest in between while PG guards KD...But their rebounding would suffer big time without Love
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#626 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:03 am

RRFB wrote:
Effigy wrote:
RRFB wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I feel like this is a legit take. The Lakers still look pretty mediocre with George added to their current roster. If things go south, I could see him leaving like Dwight did.

No chance of that. Dwight left because he wanted to be the man, and Kobe correctly saw that he couldn't be. That ain't happening here. Number 24 ain't walking through that door.

And Dwight never wanted to be a Laker. He was pushing for Brooklyn. PG wants the Lakers.

It's obviously very different from the Dwight/Kobe situation, but saying there's "no chance" is hyperbolic. If the Lakers struggle, George gets scrutinized by the LA media, and there's even the slightest hint of dysfunction in the locker room, I don't think it'd take long for him to realize the grass isn't always greener.

PG sees the Lakers aren't good now, and I would think he is smart enough to know they wont be contenders just with his addition.

Perhaps he just wanna go to an area he's from.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#627 » by LakerLegend » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:05 am

3 way deal with Love getting shipped out.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#628 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:05 am

Catalysm wrote:
I'm not buying this story at all, lol. I'll have my fun with thinking that you're a LeBron follower like your previous name and that signature suggest. That makes your posts even more ridiculous than most of them already are. :lol:

Cheers mate. :lol:

Here

Oh look and here is me right after LeBron left us in 2010, pretending to pee on a picture of him. I know immature, but hey I was a dumb young kid and thought it was funny at the time :lol:

Oh and here is the site I was posting on

And here is some of the stuff we were saying about Heat fans lol

So shut up about my 2014 handle Heat3Peat already dear lord lol. I was anything but a Heat or LeBron fan from 2010-2014 :lol:
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#629 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:07 am

Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, 2021 top-3 protected pick would be the Cavs' offer.

I would expect a third team to enter to bring the Pacers the value they actually want for Love.

Examples (frames not deals):
Love to Bucks for Parker
Love to Nuggets for Mudiay/Murray if Paul goes there.
Love to Lakers for Russell/Randle

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#630 » by The Penguin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:08 am

Kurosawa0 wrote:If you're the Pacers would you rather have Love for George or a deal with say Shumpert, Frye and 2021 unprotected 1st rounder? I think I might take the gamble on the Cavs being bad in three years.

By that logic, may as well just trade him for Iguodala and the Warriors picks in 2021 and 2023, they may be awful then.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#631 » by Wooderson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:08 am

Tigersrule wrote:If the Pelicans got Cousins for nothing, Cavs can get George for nothing as well...but why not give up Love for him...pretty sure PG would be willing to resign and play with LBJ whos his favorite player, and Kyrie...Bron can play the 4 against the Warriors and guard Draymond and get more rest in between while PG guards KD...But their rebounding would suffer big time without Love

To the Kings (Vivek), Buddy Hield is considerably more than nothing. Not a good benchmark.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#632 » by Phreak50 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:10 am

RCM88x wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:
RCM88x wrote:If its a one year rental, they don't have to give up anyone in the big 3.

Frye/Shumpert or JR would probably be the starting point, then Cedi + picks or just picks.

That is much better than letting him walk for nothing. And if its only a one year rental, I don't see any team other than Cleveland really be willing to make an offer... unless a team believes he can be persuaded to sign an extension.

This "he's leaving in 2018 for LAL" stuff puts the Cavs in an infinitely better position than they were a few hours ago and really eliminates a lot of teams who we though might be in play.

Hmm. Looks like he's a Cav. Hard to turn down that type of haul .

That is better than nothing, wouldn't you agree?

If someone offers you something for an asset that you will 100% lose after a certain period of time, you take that offer 100% of the time. Otherwise, you get nothing and look like a fool.

Don't kid yourself. Those three players may not even make a bunch of rosters around the league.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#633 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:11 am

Lakerfan17 wrote:3 way deal with Love getting shipped out.

It would seem to be that way to make it work. Picks & young players to Indy. Love goes to the 3rd team involved. Boston?? :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
zshawn10
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,354

Post#634 » by zshawn10 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:11 am

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23876612131680071680
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#635 » by HeatIn5 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:11 am

George to the HEAT for 14, Winslow, TJ, Richardson please
Read on Twitter
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#636 » by NBAFan93 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:12 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:Its gonna be Thompson plus 1st rounders.

TT does wear #13 :). Who would be the Cavs big man though? You think they could get Myles Turner too from Indiana?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,301

Post#637 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:12 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:bunch of stuff

dude, this is an anonymous internet forum

you ain't gotta prove ****
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#638 » by Dupp » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:13 am

Cedi and two future firsts. Can't give up more than that without an extension.

He's worth Irving but probably wouldn't as it wouldn't take that much currently. So would probably be love for pg if we got an extension.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,105

Post#639 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:13 am

Tristan Thompson is worse than nothing because of that overpriced contract.

He is valuable for the Cavs, but would be a lot less so to a rebuilding team like Indy that going to need flexibility.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,968

Post#640 » by RCM88x » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:13 am

Phreak50 wrote:
RCM88x wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:
Hmm. Looks like he's a Cav. Hard to turn down that type of haul .

That is better than nothing, wouldn't you agree?

If someone offers you something for an asset that you will 100% lose after a certain period of time, you take that offer 100% of the time. Otherwise, you get nothing and look like a fool.

Don't kid yourself. Those three players may not even make a bunch of rosters around the league.

I think you're kidding yourself if you think that those three guys wouldn't make Indian's roster.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.

Return to The General Board