Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#681 » by fart » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:53 am

Gus McCrae wrote:
fart wrote:Laker fans in this thread are blowing my mind. You would rather lose Paul George than have to give up a late pick or two along with a young player that looks to be an average NBA starter at best? Pass the pipe..

Been explained to you a few times. Think it's a comprehension issue at this point

Well they are wrong it will be evident to them when the Lakers end up trading for him this summer instead of signing him as a free agent.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#682 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:53 am

Revived wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:Absolutely nothing is for sure. But its also been leaked out that he wants to win more than anything. Boston would be able to give him a better shot at that plus more money if they can surround him with a max guy like Griffin or Hayward.

That part is obviously not true or else he wouldn't want to be joining a team that's been among the 5 worst in the league for the last several years.

He just wants to play close to home, play in a big market which can land him endorsements all while being "the man".

Similar to Melo when he wanted to go to the Knicks.

Or he is trying to tank his value so a good team guts themselves as little as possible to get him

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Warchant
Analyst
And1: 1,265

Post#683 » by Warchant » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:54 am

mattstermh wrote:If PG goes to the Lakers, F LeBron, F the NBA and F them all. Ruined

Where do u want him to go? Lol
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,003

Post#684 » by Gus McCrae » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:55 am

fart wrote:
Gus McCrae wrote:
fart wrote:Laker fans in this thread are blowing my mind. You would rather lose Paul George than have to give up a late pick or two along with a young player that looks to be an average NBA starter at best? Pass the pipe..

Been explained to you a few times. Think it's a comprehension issue at this point

Well they are wrong it will be evident to them when the Lakers end up trading for him this summer instead of signing him as a free agent.

Trading two firsts and Russell? You're calling that?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,266

Post#685 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:56 am

Boggles the​ mind why anyone thinks the Lakers want to become the new Indiana
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#686 » by liveod » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:56 am

Warchant wrote:
mattstermh wrote:If PG goes to the Lakers, F LeBron, F the NBA and F them all. Ruined

Where do u want him to go? Lol

I meant the Cavs
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#687 » by baldur » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:56 am

I hope you forgot green font.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#688 » by fart » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:57 am

Gus McCrae wrote:
fart wrote:
Gus McCrae wrote:Been explained to you a few times. Think it's a comprehension issue at this point

Trading two firsts and Russell? You're calling that?

Picks and a young prospect will be going out, not necessarily Russell. Book it.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,422

Re: What do the Cavs give up for PG13? 

Post#689 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:57 am

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#690 » by Mind_Odyssey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:59 am

I'm not sure how Lebron would feel about PG13. Is he better than Love? Yes.

However, this would force Lebron to play PF full time.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,100

Post#691 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:00 am

Dr Aki wrote:Boggles the​ mind why anyone thinks the Lakers want to become the new Indiana

What I don't understand is that you do not have your first next year anyway, so why do you want to suck? Whether you are the worst team in the league or the 15th worst, it wont affect your future.

You give up some firsts after that, they will be mid-first rounders with George on the team. Not a big deal.

I think the difference in opinion comes with DiAngelo. I just don't see star. I see inefficient sixth man. If you see star, I could see why you are protective of trading him.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#692 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:01 am

Honestly, the Cavs would be better off trading Kyrie for George. Kyrie has a big reputation, and I know that the Cavs fans love him, but in reality, the guy just isn't that great of a player...his impact overall is pretty low, and I think Love at the end of the day is still the better player and is still more useful for the Cavs.

But since that's never gonna happen, the Cavs will probably have to trade Love.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#693 » by Jkam31 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:01 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:I'm not sure how Lebron would feel about PG13. Is he better than Love? Yes.

Lebron would move to PF for Melo and he's not half the player George is

Warchant
Analyst
And1: 1,265

Post#694 » by Warchant » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:03 am

Jkam31 wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:I'm not sure how Lebron would feel about PG13. Is he better than Love? Yes.

Lebron would move to PF for Melo and he's not half the player George is

Melo isnt half the player PG is? LOL!!!!!!!
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#695 » by pelifan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:04 am

In the regular season and playoffs Lebron could play whatever position he wanted and they'd make the finals. In the finals he'd get to guard Draymond and not have to deal with KD. Ideal situation for him really.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,266

Re: RE: Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#696 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 am

heatwillbeback wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Boggles the​ mind why anyone thinks the Lakers want to become the new Indiana

What I don't understand is that you do not have your first next year anyway, so why do you want to suck? Whether you are the worst team in the league or the 15th worst, it wont affect your future.

You give up some firsts after that, they will be mid-first rounders with George on the team. Not a big deal.

I think the difference in opinion comes with DiAngelo. I just don't see star. I see inefficient sixth man. If you see star, I could see why you are protective of trading him.

Lol trade the farm for Paul George just to become a treadmill team, all to minimise the loss of a 1st rounder.

All for someone we could get for nothing in a year
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,931

Post#697 » by Effigy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 am

Warchant wrote:
Asif16 wrote:
Warchant wrote:I can see it know...Shumpert, Frye and future 1st round pick(2021) for PG...thats how teams roll when they trade w the Cavs

Crazy to me how a team with little to no capspace and young assets can acquire a Superstar of George's calibre or just impaxtful players in general.

That korver trade blew my mind. Like Atlanta seriously couldnt find a better offer from essentially ANY other team?

Exactly...its beyond comical but teams just love to see LB play in the finals...whats even more funny is these teams are in the East lol

It's exactly how I felt with the Lakers a few years back. Pau Gasol, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, why did teams keep gifting the Lakers their stars?

Dr Aki wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:

Lol trade the farm for Paul George just to become a treadmill team, all to minimise the loss of a 1st rounder.

Dude, you're the Lakers. You get a star, and the rest of your young players start to develop and more stars will come. You have to know your team wouldn't be done making moves or improving after they get PG13.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,865

Post#698 » by Shock Defeat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 am

If the Cavs get Paul George without giving up any of the big 3 then the NBA is ruined except for 2 teams.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,422

Post#699 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:07 am

Effigy wrote:
Warchant wrote:
Asif16 wrote:
Crazy to me how a team with little to no capspace and young assets can acquire a Superstar of George's calibre or just impaxtful players in general.

That korver trade blew my mind. Like Atlanta seriously couldnt find a better offer from essentially ANY other team?

Exactly...its beyond comical but teams just love to see LB play in the finals...whats even more funny is these teams are in the East lol

It's exactly how I felt with the Lakers a few years back. Pau Gasol, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, why did teams keep gifting the Lakers their stars?

Maybe because they were the only team that called?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#700 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 am

Shock Defeat wrote:If the Cavs get Paul George without giving up any of the big 3 then the NBA is ruined except for 2 teams.

Wouldn't really be any different than the past 3 years.

Return to The General Board