Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#701 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 am

Bruh Pritchard should trade George to DEN. They can make a competitive offer.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,882

Post#702 » by Effigy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 am

Shock Defeat wrote:If the Cavs get Paul George without giving up any of the big 3 then the NBA is ruined except for 2 teams.

Which would actually be a massive improvement over where we are now where it's ruined except for 1 team.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#703 » by Mind_Odyssey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:09 am

pelifan wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:I'm not sure how Lebron would feel about PG13. Is he better than Love? Yes.

However, this would force Lebron to play PF full time.

In the regular season and playoffs Lebron could play whatever position he wanted and they'd make the finals. In the finals he'd get to guard Draymond and not have to deal with KD. Ideal situation for him really.

I agree with you. I'd much rather have Lebron guard Green, George guard Durant, and TT guard Iguodola.
Warchant
Analyst
And1: 1,265

Post#704 » by Warchant » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:10 am

Effigy wrote:
Warchant wrote:
Asif16 wrote:
Crazy to me how a team with little to no capspace and young assets can acquire a Superstar of George's calibre or just impaxtful players in general.

That korver trade blew my mind. Like Atlanta seriously couldnt find a better offer from essentially ANY other team?

Exactly...its beyond comical but teams just love to see LB play in the finals...whats even more funny is these teams are in the East lol

It's exactly how I felt with the Lakers a few years back. Pau Gasol, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, why did teams keep gifting the Lakers their stars?

Dr Aki wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:
What I don't understand is that you do not have your first next year anyway, so why do you want to suck? Whether you are the worst team in the league or the 15th worst, it wont affect your future.

You give up some firsts after that, they will be mid-first rounders with George on the team. Not a big deal.

I think the difference in opinion comes with DiAngelo. I just don't see star. I see inefficient sixth man. If you see star, I could see why you are protective of trading him.

Lol trade the farm for Paul George just to become a treadmill team, all to minimise the loss of a 1st rounder.

Dude, you're the Lakers. You get a star, and the rest of your young players start to develop and more stars will come. You have to know your team wouldn't be done making moves or improving after they get PG13.

When did the Lakers get Paul? Nash was over the hill and Howard was a disaster
elBJ
Pro Prospect
And1: 697

Post#705 » by elBJ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:10 am

heatwillbeback wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Boggles the​ mind why anyone thinks the Lakers want to become the new Indiana

What I don't understand is that you do not have your first next year anyway, so why do you want to suck? Whether you are the worst team in the league or the 15th worst, it wont affect your future.

You give up some firsts after that, they will be mid-first rounders with George on the team. Not a big deal.

I think the difference in opinion comes with DiAngelo. I just don't see star. I see inefficient sixth man. If you see star, I could see why you are protective of trading him.

if Love is on the table, we're talking #2 + prospect + for the LAL
Guest202 wrote:Even Wall Street Journal subscribers think it was fixed...
Birdie
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#706 » by Birdie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:11 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:I'm not sure how Lebron would feel about PG13. Is he better than Love? Yes.

He should embrace it if we get PG13. Just imagine the feasting LBJ would have on offense with slower PF's having to check him cuz teams who don't have more than 1 perimeter defender either have to throw that guy on PG13 or Kyrie. Cavs would be mismatch nightmare with 3 legit elite iso type players. JR/Korver would feast even more I think if Lue actually installed some motion into our offensive sets.

I think the multiple players angle might be IND trying to dump Monta, Jefferson maybe Thad's contracts. I'd take back Thad in a heartbeat and might talk me into Monta depending on the package CLE is sending out if IND just wants salary relief.

I hope this gets done by Thurs, Gilbert pays Griffin and then all we gotta worry about is who wants to play for our 5.2mil exception and vet min peeps. Certainly would make my summer if PG13 came gift wrapped as a consolation for losing the Finals. 8-)
Come at the king, you best not miss...
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#707 » by DS17 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:12 am

clarkson both 2018 second round picks and 28 for PG
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#708 » by wjun15 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:12 am

OLSHEY do it.

PG: Lillard
SG: CJ
SF: PG
PF: Aminu
C: Nurkic
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,111

Re: RE: Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#709 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:12 am

elBJ wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Boggles the​ mind why anyone thinks the Lakers want to become the new Indiana

if Love is on the table, we're talking #2 + prospect + for the LAL

Lol **** that
Warchant
Analyst

Post#710 » by Warchant » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:12 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:
pelifan wrote:

In the regular season and playoffs Lebron could play whatever position he wanted and they'd make the finals. In the finals he'd get to guard Draymond and not have to deal with KD. Ideal situation for him really.

I agree with you. I'd much rather have Lebron guard Green, George guard Durant, and TT guard Iguodola.

TT can guard Iggy? KD wuld eat PG up alive
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#711 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:13 am

Heck, LeBron's the one who convinced George to give this notice

Notice the faded green color....
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,003

Post#712 » by Gus McCrae » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:13 am

heatwillbeback wrote:

Who says we want to suck? If George is talking leaving regardless then it helps us to keep our best player (Russell) and add him rather than trade for him. Pretty much don't pull a melo/Denver trade. As for first rounders, we saw what happened with the Nash trade, never know where a team will be drafting in a few years.

If it comes down to LA trading for PG because Indy would rather get something than nothing sure I can see us sending a pick or a player but our core 3 (ball/Russell/Ingram) plus several first rounders... well I'd be really disappointed .
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,068

Post#713 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:14 am

Warchant wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:
pelifan wrote:

Iggy isn't exactly a dominant offensive player. If the Warriors are gonna depend on Iggy to get baskets and forget about everyone else, then I think the Cavs did a good job defensively.

KD could very well abuse PG. But he would stand a much better chance than the corpse of Richard Jefferson.
tms386
Senior
And1: 240

Post#714 » by tms386 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:15 am

But Pacers fans told me all this Lakers talk was just the media stirring the pot and wasn't how Paul really felt!
Warchant
Analyst

Post#715 » by Warchant » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Warchant wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:

Iggy isn't exactly a dominant offensive player. If the Warriors are gonna depend on Iggy to get baskets and forget about everyone else, then I think the Cavs did a good job defensively.

KD could very well abuse PG. But he would stand a much better chance than the corpse of Richard Jefferson.

Iggy can still make plays...they wuld pick n roll Thompson to death and instead of giving up 125 pts game like this yr it wuld probably b 135
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Re: What do the Cavs give up for PG13? 

Post#716 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:18 am

I am a bit surprised that Thompson gets such little love. 25 year old double-double machine who is 10th among Centers in Win-Shares; 14th in salary, and about to be pushed down the list...

Ah wells.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#717 » by mtcan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:21 am

RCM88x wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:
RCM88x wrote:If its a one year rental, they don't have to give up anyone in the big 3.

Frye/Shumpert or JR would probably be the starting point, then Cedi + picks or just picks.

That is much better than letting him walk for nothing. And if its only a one year rental, I don't see any team other than Cleveland really be willing to make an offer... unless a team believes he can be persuaded to sign an extension.

This "he's leaving in 2018 for LAL" stuff puts the Cavs in an infinitely better position than they were a few hours ago and really eliminates a lot of teams who we though might be in play.

Hmm. Looks like he's a Cav. Hard to turn down that type of haul .

That is better than nothing, wouldn't you agree?

If someone offers you something for an asset that you will 100% lose after a certain period of time, you take that offer 100% of the time. Otherwise, you get nothing and look like a fool.

Any team that offers a first round pick is instantly a better package than Frye/Shump/JR. So I can't see this happening without Love being involved.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#718 » by RCM88x » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:22 am

mtcan wrote:
RCM88x wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:
Hmm. Looks like he's a Cav. Hard to turn down that type of haul .

That is better than nothing, wouldn't you agree?

If someone offers you something for an asset that you will 100% lose after a certain period of time, you take that offer 100% of the time. Otherwise, you get nothing and look like a fool.

Any team that offers a first round pick is instantly a better package than Frye/Shump/JR. So I can't see this happening without Love being involved.

Do you think any team offers a 1st round pick to have PG for only 1 season?

I completely agree that it would be, and that probably every one of the 28 other teams could offer more than Cleveland. But I don't know if anyone else will even return Indiana's calls.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,381

Post#719 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 am

What's the reason for LA to trade assets when we can get him for free??

If he wants to become a Cavalier then so be it.

We wont be good with him this year so why bother.

We can just let our young guys to have more experience so that we can sign him for FREE next year.

Now if they want the 28th and Clarkson then sign me up. Anything more than that is an overpay for a player we can get for free.
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
ISayshowmee
Veteran
And1: 1,696

Post#720 » by ISayshowmee » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:24 am

tms386 wrote:But Pacers fans told me all this Lakers talk was just the media stirring the pot and wasn't how Paul really felt!

How do they know ?

Return to The General Board