Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,936

Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#821 » by Effigy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:42 am

RingsDontLie wrote:
Effigy wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:at this juncture, i think people are more pissed that LA isn't willing to prevent cleveland landing george for scraps, more than the crap LA is willing to offer up

Eh, we will see. I personally think Magic is going to trade assets for George this week. I think he wants to make a splash and get a name and not be patient. It will be fun to see all the Laker fan 180's.

Ok...even though he said he wants to play for the Lakers....we gonna give up some real assets...ok. Ughhh you just reminded me of the Terry Porter, Jerome Kersey, Clyde drexler, cliff and sheed team. Man I hated you guys.

Sheed wasn't on those teams.

Don't get mad at me, I'm Just telling you what I think Magic will do. I think if I were you I would give up Russel, but really nothing beyond that. Where would he play with Ball, Ingram and George anyway? Certainly would not trade the second pick.
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Re: What do the Cavs give up for PG13? 

Post#822 » by gino_giode » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:43 am

RCM88x wrote:If its a one year rental, they don't have to give up anyone in the big 3.

Frye/Shumpert or JR would probably be the starting point, then Cedi + picks or just picks.

That is much better than letting him walk for nothing. And if its only a one year rental, I don't see any team other than Cleveland really be willing to make an offer... unless a team believes he can be persuaded to sign an extension.

This "he's leaving in 2018 for LAL" stuff puts the Cavs in an infinitely better position than they were a few hours ago and really eliminates a lot of teams who we though might be in play.

This could also help the Cavs get out of one of their **** contracts. No team is giving up picks or young talent knowing he's not staying. Cavs can take a gamble competing on more equal ground to the Warriors. PG could be convinced of staying on a super team now, but if he bails the Cavs would have shed a couple of bad contracts.

I don't think Lonzo Ball will pan out this year, and if Kyrie improves PG could be enticed to stay.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,936

Post#823 » by Effigy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:46 am

Slava wrote:
Effigy wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:at this juncture, i think people are more pissed that LA isn't willing to prevent cleveland landing george for scraps, more than the crap LA is willing to offer up

Eh, we will see. I personally think Magic is going to trade assets for George this week. I think he wants to make a splash and get a name and not be patient. It will be fun to see all the Laker fan 180's.

A lot of people have been assuming a lot of things about Magic and how the new front office works so yes it will sure be fun to watch how it unfolds. Nothing they have said and done indicated they want to "make a splash" like everyone wants to assume. Its becoming a lazy narrative now. They have only been meticulous about every single detail in every single draft workout or trade talks.

I suppose. I'm basically basing it on his tweets. But I concede that is not proof of what he would actually do.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#824 » by Young_Star11 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:52 am

Indiana can do a lot better than trading with Cleveland.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#825 » by mademan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:15 am

SpreeS wrote:Its between

a) to be a James's puppet, become spot shooter and do all hard work on defense while LJB James coasting. Also need to live in Cle;
or
b) to be a TOP dog in the one of biggest market and on the greates team in NBA history and to live in California. Its just a time, when they will start compete again.

I'm almost certain that the Cavs players enjoyed this season more than the Lakers players did.
grave
Starter
And1: 85

Post#826 » by grave » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:28 am

Wonderllama wrote:Why get PG when you can get a better defender and one of Lebron's best friends?

come on, even GarPax is so stupid :)
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#827 » by Rastas » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:07 am

If Lebron and George get together they could both agree to new contracts where they spend the next 2 yrs together at Cleveland and then re asses their options after that - a 1yr Paul George will not be worth giving up Love for , but 2 guaranteed yrs of George and Lebron for Cleveland looks awfully tempting.
By the 2020 season I don't expect Lebron to be as impactful as he was this season and P George can then go spend his final yrs in LaLa land if he wishes.
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#828 » by richboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:18 am

Cleveland fans once thought they would get Kevin Love without giving up Wiggins. Remember the Anthony Bennett and TT should be enough to get it done talk.

No reason for Indiana to trade PG to Cleveland unless Kevin Love is coming back. That is really because Cleveland has nothing to offer in terms of young talent. Anything else Cleveland is offering shouldn't even be wanted. Most of the other players are overpaid and don't have much individual talent without Lebron.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#829 » by Optms » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:48 am

Pacers can have something around Clarkson but that is it.

The risk is on everyone else who trades for him. Good luck with that. I'm not gonna lose sleep even if it does happen, which is highly improbable.

Being 28 and wanting to come to a lottery team means he doesn't care about winning as much as some think. He wants to fulfill a dream, and that dream isn't winning a chip as much as it is playing for his home team ; a fresh of breath air in today's league of title chasers.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#830 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:45 am

It would be very stupid for the Lakers not to trade for George.

They can offer a package centered around Randle/Russell plus a future first rounder.

There no point of keeping Russell anyway. Him and Ball can't play together.

You can go into the season with Ball/George/Ingram. Probably a playoff team.

And then you just need to wait for another big time Free Agent to sign with you later on.

Not doing that so you can keep D'Angelo Russell would be beyond stupid, I'm sorry. Literally makes no sense.

You have no idea what Cleveland can do. If LeBron convinces him to stay then you just missed a huge opportunity.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#831 » by QRich3 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:45 am

Slava wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Man if I'm the Clippers, I try like Hell to get Paul George. He's the perfect piece to add to that unit. They are legit contenders with him.

Offering what? Austin rivers, Wesley Johnson and a first generation surface tablet?

lol yeah I mean they can try to get Lebron too, trying won't change the reality that they have nothing to offer.

If the circumstances were right, they could at least try to get into the conversation by dangling Jordan to a third team, but I can't see a good fit where a team needs Jordan and has good enough future assets to even catch Indiana's interest. Boston could be that if they had contracts to trade and no capspace, but as is, they're gonna use their capspace in getting someone for free instead of paying to get Jordan. And even then, they'd probably try to get George for themselves before they try to get Jordan.

I gotta say, a lot of people are too quick to claim the Pacers have "no leverage" and will be forced to take a bad package, when it has been proven time and again that's not the case. Who here remembers when New Orleans had no leverage because Paul would dictate where he wanted to go, or when the Magic had no leverage because Howard was hell bent on signing with the Nets, or when the Nuggets had no leverage because Melo was going to sign with NY in the offseason, or when the Wolves had no leverage because Love already told him he was gone and wanted the Lakers, etc. Fortunately for the Pacers, that's not how the market works, and as soon as conversations get serious, teams will start bidding their blue chips for a rental, that in most cases ends up being a lot longer than a rental.
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,211

Post#832 » by rapstarter » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:22 am

elBJ wrote:more like...
Everyone: wow his value plumed, he will be dealt for Love
LA: yeah nah, let's get him for free!
Everyone: but then he is off the table you sure?
LA: OK, we maybe over some crap
Everyone: that's not enough, Love is in the mix
Everyone: you got nobody close to PGs potential on your roster and likely miss out on him completely, you sure?
Dr Aki: **** PG he ain't worth it

I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that gutting the farm for George is not a wise move. Lakers won't do **** with George if they trade their assets away. It's only if they get George AND keep their assets that they have a chance at doing something great. That's why waiting is the game worth playing. At the worst case, they keep rebuilding with a bunch of 20 year olds instead of George and a couple prospects.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,619

Post#833 » by OdomFan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:52 am

Surely another Free Agent will be interested if LA can get PG without giving anyone up.
yesh
Rookie
And1: 1,864

Post#834 » by yesh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:59 am

If the rumours are true about Lebron wanting to go to LA next year, then PG needs to make the Lakers deal happen now or it won't happen. LA wont be in a position to sign 2 max players next offseason and a choice between Lebron or PG is no choice at all.
Alienware
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Re: RE: Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#835 » by Alienware » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:11 am

yesh wrote:If the rumours are true about Lebron wanting to go to LA next year, then PG needs to make the Lakers deal happen now or it won't happen. LA wont be in a position to sign 2 max players next offseason and a choice between Lebron or PG is no choice at all.

I'm sure that if such opportunity present itself (it won't) we would have ways of clearing enough space to accommodate both of them.

Inviato dal mio OnePlus 3T utilizzando Tapatalk
LookToShoot
Veteran
And1: 1,489

Post#836 » by LookToShoot » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 am

The Wizards should trade Bradley Beal and a draft pick for PG. Pacers get a proven scorer who's locked into his contract for the next four years and the Wizards have a much improved team. If PG walks in 2018, they'll have the cap space to go after Cousins and pieces.
yesh
Rookie
And1: 1,864

Re: RE: Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#837 » by yesh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:23 am

Alienware wrote:
yesh wrote:If the rumours are true about Lebron wanting to go to LA next year, then PG needs to make the Lakers deal happen now or it won't happen. LA wont be in a position to sign 2 max players next offseason and a choice between Lebron or PG is no choice at all.

I'm sure that if such opportunity present itself (it won't) we would have ways of clearing enough space to accommodate both of them.

Inviato dal mio OnePlus 3T utilizzando Tapatalk

At what cost? Unless you can find suitors for Mozgov and Deng then it doesn't look like a possibility to me. I'd like to see PG go there, and he seems like having his own team is important to him, and if he was able to sign in the same summer as Lebron it would automatically be viewed as Lebrons team. The fact neither wants/has been willing to play PF would also be an issue in fitting them together.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#838 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:27 am

a) to be a James's puppet, become spot shooter and do all hard work on defense while LJB James coasting. Also need to live in Cle;
or
b) to be a TOP dog in the one of biggest market and on the greates team in NBA history and to live in California. Its just a time, when they will start compete again.

You missed some of the best parts about Los Angeles:
1) 13% state income tax
2) metallic tasting water
3) not having to play as many games due to playoff exemption
4) the annual optimism that LA can attract top-tier free agents like Timofey Mozgov and Luol Deng

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,211

Post#839 » by rapstarter » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 am

KuruptedCav wrote:

or

You missed some of the best parts about Los Angeles:
1) 13% state income tax
2) metallic tasting water
3) not having to play as many games due to playoff exemption
4) the annual optimism that LA can attract top-tier free agents like Timofey Mozgov and Luol Deng

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Still sounds a lot more appealing than being stuck in Cleveland with just Kyrie in 2020
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#840 » by Froob » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:58 am

Lol wtf Bill? He comes up with the dumbest most pointless trades. What is Phoenix trying to accomplish? Only way they do this is if Sarver tells McD they must win games now regardless of their future and even then they aren't getting Bledsoe.

Read on Twitter

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater

Return to The General Board