ImageImageImageImageImage

Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#521 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:11 am

Synciere wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Synciere wrote:It only took Philly six years to get to this point. And guess what, they still haven't won anything. But yeah, moving forward they might be in better shape. No reason for us to repeat what they did and tank though.

All the reason to do what they did. It's called rebuilding.

Meh... their rebuild took six years and they're still going to be bad most likely... I've never been the type to strive for mediocrity. It whatever floats your boat I guess.

You've never been the type to strive for mediocrity...the Knicks have been the epitome of mediocrity for 15 years.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,392

Post#522 » by Synciere » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
Synciere wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

Meh... their rebuild took six years and they're still going to be bad most likely... I've never been the type to strive for mediocrity. It whatever floats your boat I guess.

You've never been the type to strive for mediocrity...the Knicks have been the epitome of mediocrity for 15 years.

Perhaps, but mediocrity is better than being a bottom feeder for six years with no guarantee of being good at all...

Listen, the fact that it's taken this long for Philly is proof that tanking doesn't work. You can look at the other teams in their situation and see that it doesn't work. But if you're mediocre, or average, one good to great move can bring it all together. Philly is still several moves away. Several moves after six years of several moves ago... Fact is, we're still closer to a chip than they are.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#523 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:29 am

Synciere wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Perhaps, but mediocrity is better than being a bottom feeder for six years with no guarantee of being good at all...

Listen, the fact that it's taken this long for Philly is proof that tanking doesn't work. You can look at the other teams in their situation and see that it doesn't work. But if you're mediocre, or average, one good to great move can bring it all together. Philly is still several moves away. Several moves after six years of several moves ago... Fact is, we're still closer to a chip than they are.

What? You just said you don't strive for mediocrity yet the Knicks have been mediocre to awful for almost 2 decades. When have the Knicks rebuilt at all like the Sixers to prove that it won't work for them? Other teams have done just fine starting over and winning games. The Heat, the Celtics, the Warriors, etc.

Philly isn't proof that tanking doesn't work. The only thing that went wrong for Philly was guys getting injured. Other than that they have a formidable young core if everyone stays healthy.

What do the Knicks have to show for 2 decades of losing? Kristaps Porzingis?

The Knicks aren't one great move away from anything. They're about 10 moves away from relevance.

Yeah, I'll definitely take the Knicks dismal ownership and yearly failure of a re-tool effort than a franchise that actually realizes that in order to go up you must got all the way down. Every successful franchise has done it and will continue to do it. Everyone but the Knicks as long as Dolan is around.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#524 » by Sark » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:32 am

Synciere wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Synciere wrote:It only took Philly six years to get to this point. And guess what, they still haven't won anything. But yeah, moving forward they might be in better shape. No reason for us to repeat what they did and tank though.

Why do you keep saying that? Hinkie started in 2013. The tank started in 2013/2014, the same year the Knicks went 37-45, missed the playoffs, and traded a #1 pick for Andrea Bargnani.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,243

Post#525 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 am

The one thing i'll say is that while I hope embiid stays healthy, i'd be very surprised if that actually happens. People seem to just push this under the rug because they want to validate hinkie. Get back to me when embiid strings together a few 70+ game seasons.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#526 » by Wonderllama » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:49 am

I want Hinkie in NY in two years. That's all I'll say.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#527 » by Kinglee » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:12 am

This thread is gold
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#528 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:09 am

dakomish23 wrote:Idk how but we gotta pair two of DSJ Monk Frank together. Forget what Philly is doing. We need to set up our backcourt like a normal franchise.

smith and monk?
make it happen Phil
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#529 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:12 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Idk how but we gotta pair two of DSJ Monk Frank together. Forget what Philly is doing. We need to set up our backcourt like a normal franchise.

smith and monk?
make it happen Phil

id be just as intrigued with a Smith Frank backcourt.

Good thing PJax has gotten all these assets from past trades so we can make such a move :rofl2:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#530 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:29 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

smith and monk?
make it happen Phil

id be just as intrigued with a Smith Frank backcourt.

Good thing PJax has gotten all these assets from past trades so we can make such a move :rofl2:

:lol: :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Re: RE: Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#531 » by seren » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:

But that's not the point of this thread.
It's not about who will win a championship first. It's about who's in a better position right now. Today, on 6-18-2017.

That's it. The depends on who has the best player is irrelevant right now. The best prospect is unknown for the most part. Which team has the better future?

Future should have championship goals in it, so that's fair game. other than KP, Philly has everything the Knicks have, and perhaps they may have one player, and it only needs to be one to equal what we have in KP.

Philly has some question marks that the Knicks dont, but they have a lot of different cards in their bag to play with, even a few small one's that used to be ours (several 2nd round pick from us).

Embid trumps KP.

Embiid played a total of 31 games in three years. He trumps nobody but maybe Greg Oden.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#532 » by Synciere » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:38 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Synciere wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

What? You just said you don't strive for mediocrity yet the Knicks have been mediocre to awful for almost 2 decades. When have the Knicks rebuilt at all like the Sixers to prove that it won't work for them? Other teams have done just fine starting over and winning games. The Heat, the Celtics, the Warriors, etc.

Philly isn't proof that tanking doesn't work. The only thing that went wrong for Philly was guys getting injured. Other than that they have a formidable young core if everyone stays healthy.

What do the Knicks have to show for 2 decades of losing? Kristaps Porzingis?

The Knicks aren't one great move away from anything. They're about 10 moves away from relevance.

Yeah, I'll definitely take the Knicks dismal ownership and yearly failure of a re-tool effort than a franchise that actually realizes that in order to go up you must got all the way down. Every successful franchise has done it and will continue to do it. Everyone but the Knicks as long as Dolan is around.

Saying the Knicks have been awful for two decades doesn't mean we should commit to being awful another 5 years. Philly alone isn't proof that tanking doesn't work, but the list of teams repeatedly in the lottery and where they stand today and the number of championships they haven't won are. And I disagree about how far we are from a chip. I think we need a dynamic point guard and a legit 3-D swing man to compete with the likes of Washington and Boston. LOL.. You don't have to go all the way down to get back up. Again, that's just the rhetoric that's considered 'fact' by now because people want to feel good about losing.
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#533 » by Synciere » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Sark wrote:
Synciere wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

Why do you keep saying that? Hinkie started in 2013. The tank started in 2013/2014, the same year the Knicks went 37-45, missed the playoffs, and traded a #1 pick for Andrea Bargnani.

Yeah that's the right timeline. And while this isn't an excuse for my exaggeration, how many more years do you think they'll be bad while waiting/hoping for their new trio to grow? By the time they come into their own, they'll be six, seven, eight (?) years in?
nytonm
Pro Prospect
And1: 304

Post#534 » by nytonm » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:11 pm

This thread...

#IwantHinkie
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,719

Post#535 » by Handledatruth » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Easy. The team with this guy. :nod: :nod:

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: RE: Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#536 » by Greenie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 pm

seren wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Future should have championship goals in it, so that's fair game. other than KP, Philly has everything the Knicks have, and perhaps they may have one player, and it only needs to be one to equal what we have in KP.

Philly has some question marks that the Knicks dont, but they have a lot of different cards in their bag to play with, even a few small one's that used to be ours (several 2nd round pick from us).

Embid trumps KP.

Embiid played a total of 31 games in three years. He trumps nobody but maybe Greg Oden.

Your opinion.
However, in those 31 games he showed he's dominate.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,304

Post#537 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:32 pm

its rly hard to say. i want to see simmons and fultz play for a bit before i can decide between these situations. on paper i like the sixers.
im bout dat action boss
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#538 » by seren » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Greenie wrote:
seren wrote:
Greenie wrote:Embid trumps KP.

Your opinion.
However, in those 31 games he showed he's dominate.

Which part is my opinion? You can check any sports website and it will exactly show what I just said. Embiid played 31 games in 3 years.

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#539 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Hinkie and Knicks ownership won't see eye to eye.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,436

Post#540 » by j4remi » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:06 pm

RottenApple wrote:its rly hard to say. i want to see simmons and fultz play for a bit before i can decide between these situations. on paper i like the sixers.

Yeah, the only thing that makes this even close to me is that there are injury questions for the 6'ers. We didn't have the picks or tank decisions to keep up with their influx of young talent, but health is still gonna be key. Embiid is ridiculous...when he can actually play.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Knicks