ImageImageImageImageImage

Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#541 » by Greenie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:20 pm

seren wrote:
Greenie wrote:
seren wrote:Embiid played a total of 31 games in three years. He trumps nobody but maybe Greg Oden.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app

Your opinion.
However, in those 31 games he showed he's dominate.

Which part is my opinion? You can check any sports website and it will exactly show what I just said. Embiid played 31 games in 3 years.

That's your opinion right there.
Now stop the nonsense. I'm not picking a fight. I stated my opinion after you stated yours. Moving on.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#542 » by seren » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Greenie wrote:
seren wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Your opinion.
However, in those 31 games he showed he's dominate.

Which part is my opinion? You can check any sports website and it will exactly show what I just said. Embiid played 31 games in 3 years.

Now stop the nonsense. I'm not picking a fight. I stated my opinion after you stated yours. Moving on.

Yes. It is difficult to discuss when facts are called opinions. However, I want to hear your opinion on how many games he played during his first three seasons.

Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#543 » by Marty McFly » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:02 pm

76ciology wrote:Hinkie and Knicks ownership won't see eye to eye.

so, kinda like hinkie and sixers ownership, considering he wasn't allowed to see his vision through?
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#544 » by Greenie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 pm

seren wrote:
Greenie wrote:
seren wrote:Which part is my opinion? You can check any sports website and it will exactly show what I just said. Embiid played 31 games in 3 years.

Yes. It is difficult to discuss when facts are called opinions. However, I want to hear your opinion on how many games he played during his first three seasons.

Leave me alone.

I literally blew up what you typed as opinion. You're baiting now.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#545 » by Phish Tank » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:12 pm

the 76ers actually messed up a couple times which resulted in this "process" taking up to 4 years. I don't think Knicks brass or media would give HInkie that much patience
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#546 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Phish Tank wrote:the 76ers actually messed up a couple times which resulted in this "process" taking up to 6 years. I don't think Knicks brass or media would give HInkie that much patience

Sam Hinkie was hired in 2013. 4 years until clear happiness from the fanbase.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,300

Re: RE: Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#547 » by gavran » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:26 pm

seren wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Future should have championship goals in it, so that's fair game. other than KP, Philly has everything the Knicks have, and perhaps they may have one player, and it only needs to be one to equal what we have in KP.

Philly has some question marks that the Knicks dont, but they have a lot of different cards in their bag to play with, even a few small one's that used to be ours (several 2nd round pick from us).

Embid trumps KP.

Embiid played a total of 31 games in three years. He trumps nobody but maybe Greg Oden.

Not even Oden, he played twice as much is 2 seasons.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#548 » by Phish Tank » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:the 76ers actually messed up a couple times which resulted in this "process" taking up to 6 years. I don't think Knicks brass or media would give HInkie that much patience

Ah yes. I was trying to go back to the Iggy trade, but that was a year before Hinkie signed up.

4 years is a long time in Knick land tho.... the Knicks brass would force Hinkie to do something stupid
seren
RealGM

Post#549 » by seren » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Phish Tank wrote:the 76ers actually messed up a couple times which resulted in this "process" taking up to 4 years. I don't think Knicks brass or media would give HInkie that much patience

Constant sucking is not a plan. Noel is gone for a mere two second round picks. Okafor is proven to be a bust. Embiid is a constant injury risk. At some point, you need to show you can actually show you can build a team and not just collect assets. Just look at the trade Celtics trade. Such a non-Hinkie move but it is a basketball move.

Knicks_Fan2
RealGM

Post#550 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:

Ah yes. I was trying to go back to the Iggy trade, but that was a year before Hinkie signed up.

4 years is a long time in Knick land tho.... the Knicks brass would force Hinkie to do something stupid

Believe me, in no planet do I think our ownership has the patience to go through a true rebuild. If I hear one more person say publicly that "New York fans can't handle a rebuild" I will scream.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM

Post#551 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:17 pm

seren wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:the 76ers actually messed up a couple times which resulted in this "process" taking up to 4 years. I don't think Knicks brass or media would give HInkie that much patience

Constant sucking is not a plan. Noel is gone for a mere two second round picks. Okafor is proven to be a bust. Embiid is a constant injury risk. At some point, you need to show you can actually show you can build a team and not just collect assets. Just look at the trade Celtics trade. Such a non-Hinkie move but it is a basketball move.

I don't consider the Celtics trade a non-Hinkie move. The entire strategy was to build an asset base from nothing to give yourself the opportunity to pick stars. They have three potential stars on the team (including Fultz). Everything is consistent with that original philosophy of not topping out with above avg players.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,255

Post#552 » by DOT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
seren wrote:

I don't consider the Celtics trade a non-Hinkie move. The entire strategy was to build an asset base from nothing to give yourself the opportunity to pick stars. They have three potential stars on the team (including Fultz). Everything is consistent with that original philosophy of not topping out with above avg players.

I don't think Hinkie was a fan of trading multiple assets to get a single more valuable asset though, just look at all the deals he did. None of them were consolidating assets into a single player, they were mostly the opposite
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#553 » by jbent87 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:

is 4 years not worth that? considering what you guys have been dealing with over there for how long? Considering what our team has been doing post-AI (nothing)? Unreal how we act as if 4 years is a liftetime.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,978

Post#554 » by Capn'O » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:57 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Synciere wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
All the reason to do what they did. It's called rebuilding.

Meh... their rebuild took six years and they're still going to be bad most likely... I've never been the type to strive for mediocrity. It whatever floats your boat I guess.

You've never been the type to strive for mediocrity...the Knicks have been the epitome of mediocrity for 15 years.

That's not true at all, actually. They've been terrible.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
seren
RealGM

Post#555 » by seren » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:59 pm

jbent87 wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:

is 4 years not worth that? considering what you guys have been dealing with over there for how long? Considering what our team has been doing post-AI (nothing)? Unreal how we act as if 4 years is a liftetime.

Worth what? Let's not act like Philly became a contender. This is still a process so to speak. There have been many up and coming teams in the history of NBA that ended up nothing but a footnote. I think 2000s Clippers is a good comparison for what Philly is building so far. You know the team with Odom/Brand/Magette/Qrich/Miller/Olowakandi. High picks that look good on paper but hardly won anything.

NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,357

Post#556 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 pm

seren wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:

Worth what? Let's not act like Philly became a contender. This is still a process so to speak. There have been many up and coming teams in the history of NBA that ended up nothing but a footnote. I think 2000s Clippers is a good comparison for what Philly is building so far. You know the team with Odom/Brand/Magette/Qrich/Miller/Olowakandi. High picks that look good on paper but hardly won anything.

it could easily take 3-5 additional years for simmons and fultz to develope. we didnt even see them play. definately dont praise them too soon. and yea embiid needs to stay healthy. KP has proven more than anybody of these 3 so far
im bout dat action boss
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM

Post#557 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:39 pm

RottenApple wrote:
it could easily take 3-5 additional years for simmons and fultz to develope. we didnt even see them play. definately dont praise them too soon. and yea embiid needs to stay healthy. KP has proven more than anybody of these 3 so far

Agreed re: KP but no sane human would take our roster over Philly's roster. Hell, Richuan Holmes is better than any of our non KP prospects and he's their backup.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,357

Post#558 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
RottenApple wrote:

Agreed re: KP but no sane human would take our roster over Philly's roster. Hell, Richuan Holmes is better than any of our non KP prospects and he's their backup.

true that. on paper philly sure looks better, especially because simmons is a rly promisig prospect. i think a huge red flag on fultz (i think brussard said that) is, that he didnt do anything related to winning.

How much wins did they have? i think it was 9 or something, and they got beat up a lot. ofc its not all on fultz, but if you consider the division and all of that. Other rooks did better carrying a college team on their backs.
im bout dat action boss
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#559 » by jbent87 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:54 pm

seren wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:

LOL if I have to spell it out for you, 4 years to be able to sit back, exhale and prepare to enjoy the respective careers of 3 different Porzingis' all working and growing and building together under team control for the foreseeable future. Adding free agents or existing players as we see fit and how well they fit with these three players with great pedigree. Westbrook/Harden/Durant with the ability of hindsight and how that ended up poorly to make sure this ends properly, with Championships.

Enjoy Porzingis and Hernangomez though, Knicks fan. Until Phil inevitably ruins that for you.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,255

Post#560 » by DOT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 pm

jbent87 wrote:
seren wrote:
jbent87 wrote:

LOL if I have to spell it out for you, 4 years to be able to sit back, exhale and prepare to enjoy the respective careers of 3 different Porzingis' all working and growing and building together under team control for the foreseeable future. Adding free agents or existing players as we see fit and how well they fit with these three players with great pedigree. Westbrook/Harden/Durant with the ability of hindsight and how that ended up poorly to make sure this ends properly, with Championships.

Enjoy Porzingis and Hernangomez though, Knicks fan. Until Phil inevitably ruins that for you.

I mean, Simmons and Fultz haven't even stepped onto an NBA court yet, and considering the #1 pick only has a 50% chance of being a star, odds are one doesn't pan out
Add to that Simmons has a foot injury as a big man
Y'all far from done

But enjoy Embiid's 30 games a year
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks