ImageImageImageImageImage

Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Re: RE: Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#561 » by jbent87 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:21 pm

K-DOT wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
seren wrote:Worth what? Let's not act like Philly became a contender. This is still a process so to speak. There have been many up and coming teams in the history of NBA that ended up nothing but a footnote. I think 2000s Clippers is a good comparison for what Philly is building so far. You know the team with Odom/Brand/Magette/Qrich/Miller/Olowakandi. High picks that look good on paper but hardly won anything.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app

LOL if I have to spell it out for you, 4 years to be able to sit back, exhale and prepare to enjoy the respective careers of 3 different Porzingis' all working and growing and building together under team control for the foreseeable future. Adding free agents or existing players as we see fit and how well they fit with these three players with great pedigree. Westbrook/Harden/Durant with the ability of hindsight and how that ended up poorly to make sure this ends properly, with Championships.

Enjoy Porzingis and Hernangomez though, Knicks fan. Until Phil inevitably ruins that for you.

I mean, Simmons and Fultz haven't even stepped onto an NBA court yet, and considering the #1 pick only has a 50% chance of being a star, odds are one doesn't pan out
Add to that Simmons has a foot injury as a big man
Y'all far from done

But enjoy Embiid's 30 games a year

LOL you guys being combative about this is so weird to me. Be happy that we finally figured it out. I'd be happy for you guys when you finally get out of the circus of Phil Jackson and Melodrama and can get back to actual good bball rivalries.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,179

Post#562 » by DOT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:25 pm

jbent87 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
LOL if I have to spell it out for you, 4 years to be able to sit back, exhale and prepare to enjoy the respective careers of 3 different Porzingis' all working and growing and building together under team control for the foreseeable future. Adding free agents or existing players as we see fit and how well they fit with these three players with great pedigree. Westbrook/Harden/Durant with the ability of hindsight and how that ended up poorly to make sure this ends properly, with Championships.

Enjoy Porzingis and Hernangomez though, Knicks fan. Until Phil inevitably ruins that for you.

I mean, Simmons and Fultz haven't even stepped onto an NBA court yet, and considering the #1 pick only has a 50% chance of being a star, odds are one doesn't pan out
Y'all far from done

LOL you guys being combative about this is so weird to me. Be happy that we finally figured it out. I'd be happy for you guys when you finally get out of the circus of Phil Jackson and Melodrama and can get back to actual good bball rivalries.

I ain't sayin the Knicks are better, but y'all acting like y'all guaranteed a championship when half your good players ain't even played a minute yet, and y'alls best player has played 31 games in 3 years
All figured out my ass
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
jbent87
Veteran

Post#563 » by jbent87 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:29 pm

K-DOT wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I mean, Simmons and Fultz haven't even stepped onto an NBA court yet, and considering the #1 pick only has a 50% chance of being a star, odds are one doesn't pan out
Y'all far from done

I ain't sayin the Knicks are better, but y'all acting like y'all guaranteed a championship when half your good players ain't even played a minute yet, and y'alls best player has played 31 games in 3 years
All figured out my ass

bro, you got 1 porzingis. we got 3. you're still dealing with Phil Jackson and Melodrama. Get back to me when you figure that out then we can get the rivalry going again. TTP.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#564 » by seren » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 pm

jbent87 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
jbent87 wrote:

All figured out my ass

bro, you got 1 porzingis. we got 3. you're still dealing with Phil Jackson and Melodrama. Get back to me when you figure that out then we can get the rivalry going again. TTP.

I will take KP over all three combined. Hernangomez is the icing on the cake. Have a good day.

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,179

Post#565 » by DOT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 pm

jbent87 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
jbent87 wrote:

All figured out my ass

It wouldn't matter if you had 3 Jordans if none of them could stay healthy, KP has played more games in each year than all 3 of y'alls have total
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#566 » by vallen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:54 pm

jbent87 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
jbent87 wrote:

All figured out my ass

dont bother. knicks fans are delusional. its embarrassing someone actually made this thread. you guys executed a great rebuilding plan and deserve props. weve probly spent a billion more dollars in the last decade then you guys, only to have the same mediocrity, but without our picks. good luck to you guys, hope it translates for you. for us it will be 5 years minimum before were rivaling anyone. and KP will most likely be on another team.

There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,534

Re: Which Situation Would You Rather Be In? Knicks or Sixers? 

Post#567 » by Capn'O » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Was there ever a rivalry between the Knicks and Sixers? Other than maybe a few years, seems like the two teams have always taken turns sucking and now they both do. Maybe from like 1988-91 when both teams were decent but not great. Then perhaps before Capn'O was but a gleam in BigMama and BigPapa 'O's eyes.

In any event - it's a funny comment too because for all else that has gone on in his tenure Phil has been the most draft oriented executive we've had... ever? Isiah would get those late picks but moved a lot of our own first rounders. The Knicks are actually closer to the Sixers' approach than they ever have been, though are a few years behind and have yet to commit one way directly.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#568 » by seren » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:38 pm

vallen wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I ain't sayin the Knicks are better, but y'all acting like y'all guaranteed a championship when half your good players ain't even played a minute yet, and y'alls best player has played 31 games in 3 years
All figured out my ass

dont bother. knicks fans are delusional. its embarrassing someone actually made this thread. you guys executed a great rebuilding plan and deserve props. weve probly spent a billion more dollars in the last decade then you guys, only to have the same mediocrity, but without our picks. good luck to you guys, hope it translates for you. for us it will be 5 years minimum before were rivaling anyone. and KP will most likely be on another team.

Congratulations on what? Having the worst record in the league for a three year period? When is failure considered as winning? Philly is as likely to suck ballz for the next five years as any other team in the league.

Golden State had a plan. San Antonio always has a plan. For all I can hate, Celtics have a plan. Heck, OKC had a plan back in the day. Losing in and out, drafting 90s players is not a plan. That is sucking at your job. Philly is lucky they now have a management that knows basketball. They have a shot at righting the ship and erasing all these years of draft failure.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#569 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:56 am

Hypothetical - Knicks land DSJ and Frank somehow.

How would people vote then in this fake universe?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#570 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:04 am

dakomish23 wrote:Hypothetical - Knicks land DSJ and Frank somehow.

How would people vote then in this fake universe?

If both teams reach their ceilings I'd still probably pick 76ers.

This is how I would rank both teams young cores:

1. Embiid
2. KP
3. Fultz
4. Simmons
5. Smith
6. Frank
7. Billy

But if the Knicks draft Smith and Embiid can't stay healthy I think our young core is just as good as theirs.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
jbent87
Veteran

Post#571 » by jbent87 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:45 pm

vallen wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I ain't sayin the Knicks are better, but y'all acting like y'all guaranteed a championship when half your good players ain't even played a minute yet, and y'alls best player has played 31 games in 3 years
All figured out my ass

yeah i'm really not trying to troll, I'd love for both teams to be good again. I think/thought there was a mutual sympathetic relationship between these two tortured fanbases. First step though is admitting you have a problem. It does seem like the incredible backlash we/Hinkie got is preventing teams from coming to that realization though which is unfortunate for the fans who want to just turn the page. Luckily you guys already got KP so whenever you do fully blow it up, it shouldn't take as long as ours did. GL.
Louielou
Junior
And1: 154

Post#572 » by Louielou » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:55 am

Boik14 wrote:I'd rather be in the NYK situation. Sure Philly has 4 highly regarded players (once Fultz is drafted) and we only have 2 young studs (KP and WHG), but Simmons is coming off a major injury, has a busted azz jump shot and can't shoot a damn foul shot or anything outside of 10 feet. Embiid, I actually like but the injury issues are very real. Saric is good but I'm not sure he's better then WHG as WHG was actually better when given consistent minutes. More time is probably needed to tell. KP is the only semi-established player of the group and frankly if you offered me Fultz and Embiid for him I wouldn't take it as he's got a chance to be a Dirk-like player for the next decade plus and that's more then I think Fultz and Embiid will be.

Also, the Knicks haven't cashed out their biggest trade asset, Carmelo Anthony. Look, whether you are a fan (as I am) or not, he's going to get us at least one additional first round pick if we do the smart (and right) thing...trade him. Personally, I still believe he will get us a lottery pick (if Love and Oladipo are worth lottery picks, so is Anthony), maybe a young player too. The question is, what will our core look like if/when Phil does the right thing?

I like Willy but I would take either of those 3 guys over him without much hesitation. Saric is debatable but he's far more skilled in my opinion and played better than Willy in 2nd half of the season after having a pretty rough start to his rookie year. I think you're being overly optimistic on what Melo can get us you're forgetting he has a no-trade clause so he holds all the cards to where he wants to go and possibly what the other team gives up for him.
Louielou
Junior
And1: 154

Post#573 » by Louielou » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:04 am

seren wrote:
vallen wrote:
jbent87 wrote:

Congratulations on what? Having the worst record in the league for a three year period? When is failure considered as winning? Philly is as likely to suck ballz for the next five years as any other team in the league.

Golden State had a plan. San Antonio always has a plan. For all I can hate, Celtics have a plan. Heck, OKC had a plan back in the day. Losing in and out, drafting 90s players is not a plan. That is sucking at your job. Philly is lucky they now have a management that knows basketball. They have a shot at righting the ship and erasing all these years of draft failure.

When the Knicks have any semblance of a plan then maybe we can talk trash to Sixers fans. The Knicks have been terrible the past two years as well, Philly has 2 #1 overall picks to show for it while we're getting a #8, deadweight contracts, and a frustrated franchise player who might be foolishly shopped around.
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#574 » by nitocobola » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:21 pm

man, this threat is gold :lol:

So is being suspended for the trolling.
-KT1214
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#575 » by thenbaman » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Porzingis=bench player with bad attitude what has he done in the nba,thats right nothing enough said.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,359

Post#576 » by Ray Williams » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:42 pm

thenbaman wrote:Porzingis=bench player with bad attitude what has he done in the nba,thats right nothing enough said.

GTFO troll
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#577 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:49 pm

Right now, it's the Sixers who will have Fultz dishing to Embiid, Simmons, Okafor...that's a crap load of weapons. Now, this only works IF every one can stay healthy.

More importantly the Sixers do not have the locker room dissention that the Knicks have.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#578 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Guys, it's not close.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,286

Post#579 » by Jstock12 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:55 pm

I agree, it's not even close at this point. The only thing the Knicks have going for them is they already have someone who can be considered a potential franchise player... and they want to trade him away to get lesser talent in return. Why? Because that franchise player skipped an exit meeting.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,193

Post#580 » by Wolfgang630 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Lmao now looking at this topic more. The one player the Knicks have and they want to trade him. There's no discussion here.

Return to New York Knicks