Is the brutha Kaepernick being blackballed?

Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Re: Is the brutha Kaepernick being blackballed? 

Post#21 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:23 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Then... who should sign him?

Seemed like Seattle was a great fit and yet they passed. And as I noted when this discussion first started - he is a fit only in certain situations based solely on his skill sets. Is he being blackballed solely on taking a knee... or his salary demands... or the fact he has taken significant steps back from the year of the Super Bowl run...

And - before anyone tries to say "Dallas"... the Cowboys made it clear early on (February - it is documented) that they were going with Kellen Moore as their backup and were drafting of looking at grooming a rookie. Based on that as well as what Kap is looking for salary wise, there isn't a fit here.

Floor is open... Dicsuss!

My best guess is he didn't sign due to money. He also likely wants to compete for a starting job. Pete kind of hinted at that in interviews, saying he's a starter. I don't know...i would have signed him. :dontknow:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#22 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:18 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

Seemed like Seattle was a great fit and yet they passed. And as I noted when this discussion first started - he is a fit only in certain situations based solely on his skill sets. Is he being blackballed solely on taking a knee... or his salary demands... or the fact he has taken significant steps back from the year of the Super Bowl run...

And - before anyone tries to say "Dallas"... the Cowboys made it clear early on (February - it is documented) that they were going with Kellen Moore as their backup and were drafting of looking at grooming a rookie. Based on that as well as what Kap is looking for salary wise, there isn't a fit here.

My best guess is he didn't sign due to money. He also likely wants to compete for a starting job. Pete kind of hinted at that in interviews, saying he's a starter. I don't know...i would have signed him. :dontknow:

That's why I'm not 100% buying the "blackball" thing. He's a backup. If he is going into interviews stating he should compete for a starting job and asking for starter cash, then he's shooting himself in the foot.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#23 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:30 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

That's why I'm not 100% buying the "blackball" thing. He's a backup. If he is going into interviews stating he should compete for a starting job and asking for starter cash, then he's shooting himself in the foot.

Absolutely. But, I also believe that some teams don't want anything to do with him. Because of the media circus & fan scrutiny.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#24 » by bleu » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:12 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:My best guess is he didn't sign due to money. He also likely wants to compete for a starting job. Pete kind of hinted at that in interviews, saying he's a starter. I don't know...i would have signed him. :dontknow:

Absolutely. But, I also believe that some teams don't want anything to do with him. Because of the media circus & fan scrutiny.

100%. He's just not worth the headache that comes with him. If you sign Kaep, you are guaranteed to have ESPN, TMZ, Fox, and every other major media outlet sitting outside of your practice, begging for interviews, critiquing every single thing you do, and putting the spotlight exactly where you don't want it. Not enough potential reward to come with the certain spotlight.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:59 am

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

100%. He's just not worth the headache that comes with him. If you sign Kaep, you are guaranteed to have ESPN, TMZ, Fox, and every other major media outlet sitting outside of your practice, begging for interviews, critiquing every single thing you do, and putting the spotlight exactly where you don't want it. Not enough potential reward to come with the certain spotlight.

And - as a fan of a team who is noted for fostering some pretty damned ridiculous media circuses over the years, I know exactly what you are talking about. I hated T.O. and the idiocracy he brought but he also produced big time so you have to deal with it. Kap might be able to help a team... but he has to understand where he is in the scheme of his talent + the spotlight on him and make the necessary moves that would allow him to be brought in and sold to a fan base.

As an old Manager I used to work for told me early on in my career... fairly or unfairly, perception is half of who you are when it comes to a job. We all know what the perception of Kap is. He's the only one who can change it.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:01 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Raiders? We only have Connor Cook as a back up iirc. Oh, & EJ Manuel.

EDIT: I'm thinking more of if we get to the playoffs & something happens.....
Kaep would have more playoff experience, just saying.

I think that would be a solid landing spot for him and the Raiders fan base would be fair with him. Question is - does he want to go there knowing he will be a backup?

I don't think so.
GoldenGM
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#27 » by GoldenGM » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I expect someone will sign him somewhere between the draft and training camp.

Who?
He had a good season, defenses figured out how to stop him. He's no longer worth a roster spot. He was already on the bench before his kneeling.
GoldenGM
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#28 » by GoldenGM » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Dominater wrote:Yes......but that has alot to do with the fact that he also just happens to suck now. If he was still good, somebody would have signed him. At the same time, hes pretty damn smart imo. Last year knowing that he can't play anymore, he found a clever way to keep himself relevant and set himself up for a political career

Good points
blvck
Sophomore
And1: 87

Post#29 » by blvck » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:35 pm

YES unfairly also ....MEDIA COVERS TEAMS REGARDLESS SO THE MEDIA STORM SHOULDNT BE THE REASON

When i think of teams he could be a reserve on i think jets bills steelers seahawks raiders cardinals texans they gave geno smith an injured geno smith a backup job b4 colin not to mention abt 10 other true scrubs sad to witness if your not a robot you cant work in todays nfl
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,272

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:36 am

GoldenGM wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I expect someone will sign him somewhere between the draft and training camp.

Who?
He had a good season, defenses figured out how to stop him. He's no longer worth a roster spot. He was already on the bench before his kneeling.

Don't know who and I really don't care. However someone will take a chance on him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:43 pm

blvck wrote:YES unfairly also ....MEDIA COVERS TEAMS REGARDLESS SO THE MEDIA STORM SHOULDNT BE THE REASON

When i think of teams he could be a reserve on i think jets bills steelers seahawks raiders cardinals texans they gave geno smith an injured geno smith a backup job b4 colin not to mention abt 10 other true scrubs sad to witness if your not a robot you cant work in todays nfl

Seriously Bro...

Punctuation is your friend.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,272

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Otis, are you a retired English teacher?
blvck
Sophomore

Post#33 » by blvck » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
blvck wrote:YES unfairly also ....MEDIA COVERS TEAMS REGARDLESS SO THE MEDIA STORM SHOULDNT BE THE REASON

Seriously Bro...

IM NOT HERE TO PUNCTUATE ANYTHING IM JUST TYPIN MY OPINION ONE THING I NOTICE ON THIS BOARD IS PPL COMPLAIN ABT CAPS PERIODS COMMAS QUESTION MARKS RUN ON SENTENCES TRUST I COULD TYPE IN PROPER FORM BUT ITS NOT NEEDED IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT READ IT LOL
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#34 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:26 am

This offseason sucks.
What a bunch of silly posts.
Including this one.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:26 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:This offseason sucks.
What a bunch of silly posts.
Including this one.

Winner. Unlike the angry, miserable illiterate in the previous post.

Training camp in 2 weeks. Otis is happy. We get back to serious football discussions around the impending dominance of the Cowboys.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Otis, are you a retired English teacher?

No. I make more money being gainfully employed. Especially in Texas.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#37 » by bmurph128 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:52 pm

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Yep he put himself in the Tebow camp that way..

I would guess that people are confused because he played in a super bowl...but he's really just not that good. He'd be a good backup QB, but how many coaches want to spend half a press conference answering questions about your backup QB??
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#38 » by Mr. E » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:55 am

blvck wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Seriously Bro...

IM NOT HERE TO PUNCTUATE ANYTHING IM JUST TYPIN MY OPINION ONE THING I NOTICE ON THIS BOARD IS PPL COMPLAIN ABT CAPS PERIODS COMMAS QUESTION MARKS RUN ON SENTENCES TRUST I COULD TYPE IN PROPER FORM BUT ITS NOT NEEDED IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT READ IT LOL

Don't be a jackass.

When you signed up for this site you agreed to the rules and regulations of the place.

viewtopic.php?f=191&t=1267696

10. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing".

That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
blvck
Sophomore

Post#39 » by blvck » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:50 am

Mr. E wrote:
blvck wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Seriously Bro...

Don't be a jackass.

When you signed up for this site you agreed to the rules and regulations of the place.

That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.

wow way too serious lol
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:20 pm

blvck wrote:
Mr. E wrote:
blvck wrote:IM NOT HERE TO PUNCTUATE ANYTHING IM JUST TYPIN MY OPINION ONE THING I NOTICE ON THIS BOARD IS PPL COMPLAIN ABT CAPS PERIODS COMMAS QUESTION MARKS RUN ON SENTENCES TRUST I COULD TYPE IN PROPER FORM BUT ITS NOT NEEDED IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT READ IT LOL

Don't be a jackass.

wow way too serious lol

I'm the antithesis of "way too serious" around here. Everyone knows it too. But if I can't understand anything you post because it's a mass of words without form, you can rest assured I'll make an observation. It's what I do. Everyone knows it too.

Return to The General NFL Board