Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Vesper
Junior
And1: 66

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1401 » by Vesper » Thu Feb 2, 2017 7:21 pm

Honestly think Chelsea did more for Lampard than vice versa.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,561

Post#1402 » by fatlever » Mon Feb 6, 2017 8:04 pm

treiz wrote:Frank Lampard officially retires today.

Arguably our greatest ever player (I personally would say our greatest player) to wear the blue shirt, my favourite player ever. Wish him all the best in his upcoming endeavours, would like to see him working for Chelsea again in some capacity soon.

Good luck to Ivanovic too, great servant and a true legend of the club.

Sad that everyone is leaving. If you had asked me 2.5 years ago to name my 3 favorite current Chelsea players I would have said Oscar, Cech and Ivanovic. Yikes. All gone.

Hats off to Super Frank. I do hope that he finds a job in the organization, same with Terry, Drogba, and hopefully Cech one day as well.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1403 » by HIF » Tue Feb 7, 2017 11:41 am

Frank Lampard will always be a West Ham legend to me.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#1404 » by treiz » Wed Feb 8, 2017 6:13 pm

fatlever wrote:
treiz wrote:Frank Lampard officially retires today.

Arguably our greatest ever player (I personally would say our greatest player) to wear the blue shirt, my favourite player ever. Wish him all the best in his upcoming endeavours, would like to see him working for Chelsea again in some capacity soon.

Good luck to Ivanovic too, great servant and a true legend of the club.

Sad that everyone is leaving. If you had asked me 2.5 years ago to name my 3 favorite current Chelsea players I would have said Oscar, Cech and Ivanovic. Yikes. All gone.

Hats off to Super Frank. I do hope that he finds a job in the organization, same with Terry, Drogba, and hopefully Cech one day as well.

Same, I'm sure Roman will always have the door opened to Frank whenever he decides to come back, I heard he seriously contemplated being a club ambassador before he left with an eye on coaching/management down the line. JT is already doing his badges and I wouldn't be surprised if he's sitting next to Conte in a different capacity by next year, and isn't Drogba already in the Chelsea coaching staff? I remember reading something about it a few months ago.

Lastly, I'm sure Cech will too if he wants to stay in football, I mean if Hilario can find a job here, I'm sure Cech can too :lol:

HIF wrote:Frank Lampard will always be a West Ham legend to me.

:rofl:

Good to see you HIF
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#1405 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:51 pm

Hey everyone, I usually post on the basketball side, but I'll be spreading my wings a little bit more often. I founded a website and YT channel and made a video about Chelsea. It would mean the world to me if you checked it out and gave some feedback

Edit: If you're seeing a Messi thumbnail it's because youtube hasn't processed the image I actually wanted :lol:
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1406 » by fatlever » Fri May 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
HIF
RealGM

Post#1407 » by HIF » Sat May 13, 2017 6:37 am

Congratulations , well deserved.

The champions stay blue.

TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#1408 » by TheOGJabroni » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:19 pm

How are people feeling about some of the rumors?

Bakayoko looks to be coming in. Lukaku talk has died down but we are the presumed favorites there (especially with the Diego Costa fiasco ensuing). Big names from Real like James Rodriguez & Morata have been rumored heavily the last couple days (and well beyond).

Christensen coming in will be nice depth at CB, could push Azpilicueta to RWB potentially. Still rumors of VVD circulating as well. Would love to see a more dynamic athlete as LWB; Sandra being the pipedream.

Need some depth in this squad in order to compete in the CL!
treiz
RealGM

Post#1409 » by treiz » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:45 pm

I'm meh about Bakayoko, I can see him coming in, not playing games, get disgruntled, get loaned out and sold in 2 years. If he's patient I can see him as a decent contributor down the line.

I don't see what would James do in this team, Chelsea is pretty deep with the 2 spots behind the striker and unless someone leaves I don't see him coming in. Lukaku/Morata is all dependent upon Costa leaving (which looks likely) but I think Conte rates Batshuayi, he does like talking about Michy.

Christensen is someone I'm really looking forward to next season. I think Cahill is more at risk of getting deposed than Azpi since Azpi is quite frankly a better defender, and this coinciding with Moses having a really good year last year at RWB. Not sure how I'd feel about VVD especially considering the price. Agree about LWB, need someone who can compete with Alonso and provide some depth.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1410 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Chelsea selling Ake this summer is just another frustrating move made by the club. It's really annoying that the youth are never given a chance. What more could Ake have done to prove worthy of being part of the 1st team? And the club will probably drop loads of cash on a fancy centerback that may or may not be any better. Or even worse, Sell Ake and loan Zouma before a replacement is bought, then chase a ghost all season and lose out and make a desperate signing. Are we banking on Christensen, because he's doesn't seem too thrilled to be returning and he'll be out there door if he's stuck on the bench all season.

I can't wait until we sell Tammy Abraham in two years.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1411 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:46 pm

Chalobah probably next youth to get sold. Frankly, I'm not convinced Bakayoko is actually better than Chalobah.

I guess I would rather drop cash on players who are head and shoulders better and then use youth to fill in gaps, not spend on players who are marginally, if at better than the youth counterparts.

Is Manolas really a noticeable upgrade over Ake?
treiz
RealGM

Post#1412 » by treiz » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:34 am

I'm quite disappointed about Ake, but for £20 million that's a decent fetch and I'm not fully against it.

Manolas is a really huge upgrade over Ake.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1413 » by fatlever » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:21 pm

Thoughts on Rudiger? Seems he will be the Ake replacement.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#1414 » by Riko » Sat Jul 1, 2017 9:20 am

fatlever wrote:Thoughts on Rudiger? Seems he will be the Ake replacement.

Awful sign, especially at 38 million €. The only good thing about Rudiger is that he can play RFB.
Don't get me wrong, he is not a bad player but he isn't Chelsea material...
HIF
RealGM

Post#1415 » by HIF » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:30 am

fatlever wrote:Chelsea selling Ake this summer is just another frustrating move made by the club. It's really annoying that the youth are never given a chance. What more could Ake have done to prove worthy of being part of the 1st team? And the club will probably drop loads of cash on a fancy centerback that may or may not be any better. Or even worse, Sell Ake and loan Zouma before a replacement is bought, then chase a ghost all season and lose out and make a desperate signing. Are we banking on Christensen, because he's doesn't seem too thrilled to be returning and he'll be out there door if he's stuck on the bench all season.

I can't wait until we sell Tammy Abraham in two years.

Chelsea have literally hundreds of young talents. They are also the champions. To give all the young talent a chance would jeopardise their chances of back to back titles so getting £20m isn't bad and they can invest that in a known quality to replace John Terry.

ana_86
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#1416 » by ana_86 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 7:24 am

I personally think John Terry was a class apart, not that there is no one better than him, but would be difficult to replace him.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1417 » by HIF » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:11 pm

ana_86 wrote:I personally think John Terry was a class apart, not that there is no one better than him, but would be difficult to replace him.

If you're basing that on his play in the last couple of seasons, my grandmother could replace him.

ManAlee
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#1418 » by ManAlee » Tue Jul 4, 2017 10:59 am

HIF wrote:
ana_86 wrote:I personally think John Terry was a class apart, not that there is no one better than him, but would be difficult to replace him.

If you're basing that on his play in the last couple of seasons, my grandmother could replace him.

Lmao his glory days are gone. He's old now. Its good that he moved to Aston Villa. He'll push them good for better position.
treiz
RealGM

Post#1419 » by treiz » Tue Jul 4, 2017 11:36 am

fatlever wrote:Thoughts on Rudiger? Seems he will be the Ake replacement.

Love it tbh, considering we only added £9 million more to upgrade from Ake to Rudiger. As a closet-Roma fan, I'm pleased about this.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1420 » by fatlever » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 pm

I guess the Sandro to Chelsea deal is dead. Haven't heard anything in a week or two.

Return to The General Soccer Board