Moderator: bwgood77

RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Re: Your early favorites for SB 52? 

Post#81 » by RavenMad31 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:59 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Outside of the Patriots and Steelers, I believe the upcoming AFC playoffs will have different teams than last year.

I think the west is there for the Chiefs taking, so I expect to see them too. I wouldn't trust the dolphins or any of that afc south mess. I'm not sure about the Raiders. It's gonna be tough not having a home.

I hope you are right but I am extremely worried about the Broncos. I like what they did in the off season.

I don't think it helps anyone to lose Wade Phillips from the DC position. DeMarcus Ware is gone and they are apparently rolling with Trevor Siemian as far as I know. I'm struggling to see any upgrades unless I'm forgetting something. The only thing that would worry me if I were rooting for the Chiefs to win this division is that they didn't exactly do anything in the offseason to improve their ability to compete right now. I"m starting to wonder if the Chargers aren't a candidate to be the worst to first team for 2017.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#82 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 6, 2017 1:17 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:I think the west is there for the Chiefs taking, so I expect to see them too. I wouldn't trust the dolphins or any of that afc south mess. I'm not sure about the Raiders. It's gonna be tough not having a home.

I hope you are right but I am extremely worried about the Broncos. I like what they did in the off season.

I don't think it helps anyone to lose Wade Phillips from the DC position. DeMarcus Ware is gone and they are apparently rolling with Trevor Siemian as far as I know. I'm struggling to see any upgrades unless I'm forgetting something. The only thing that would worry me if I were rooting for the Chiefs to win this division is that they didn't exactly do anything in the offseason to improve their ability to compete right now. I"m starting to wonder if the Chargers aren't a candidate to be the worst to first team for 2017.

Raiders will have a little something to say about that.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#83 » by RavenMad31 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 9:37 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I hope you are right but I am extremely worried about the Broncos. I like what they did in the off season.

They will, but their lame duck status has me a little worried even though their mental approach to it has been pretty impressive to me so far.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#84 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 7, 2017 11:46 am

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:

They will, but their lame duck status has me a little worried even though their mental approach to it has been pretty impressive to me so far.

I'm probably hanging my hat a little bit on Del Rio and his past record of continuing to build momentum. But I also think they have the components in place and some stability. And - as you say - the mental approach is good right now. The AFC West is far from the crappy division it was just a few years ago. It reminds me a lot of the NFC East of the early 90's when the Cowboys were on the rise but the Giants, Redskins and Eagles were all still pretty damned good too.
dennistokyo
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#85 » by dennistokyo » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:36 am

Go Seahawks.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#86 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 8, 2017 4:06 pm

dennistokyo wrote:Go Seahawks.

Ain't happening, :lol: :rofl: :falloff:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#87 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 8, 2017 5:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Dennis, ignore the Cowboy troll. Go Hawks! :beer:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#88 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:53 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

America's Team vs. Steelers !!!!!!!!!!!!! :kissmybutt:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#89 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:10 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I think Jack needs a laxative. He'll be alright when the season starts, :wink: :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#90 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:23 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Ain't happening, :lol: :rofl: :falloff:

I think Jack needs a laxative. He'll be alright when the season starts, :wink: :lol:

Wut! :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#91 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:32 am

Your right about one thing. The NFL off-season is way too long! I don't understand why the league doesn't take advantage of this time now, when very little else is happening. It would make sense for teams to start training camp the first week of July or after the 4th. They don't have to compete with the NBA or NHL. It's maddening! :crazy:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#92 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:57 pm

It used to take away from Romo's golf game, lol. Hi, my real name is Kevin. And I'm a real stand up guy.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Your right about one thing. The NFL off-season is way too long! I don't understand why the league doesn't take advantage of this time now, when very little else is happening. It would make sense for teams to start training camp the first week of July or after the 4th. They don't have to compete with the NBA or NHL. It's maddening! :crazy:

That's why NFLN does that stupid Top 100 list. To keep you occupied. Of course I don't watch that crap...
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#94 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:It used to take away from Romo's golf game, lol. Hi, my real name is Kevin. And I'm a real stand up guy.

Are you? :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#95 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Your right about one thing. The NFL off-season is way too long! I don't understand why the league doesn't take advantage of this time now, when very little else is happening. It would make sense for teams to start training camp the first week of July or after the 4th. They don't have to compete with the NBA or NHL. It's maddening! :crazy:

That's why NFLN does that stupid Top 100 list. To keep you occupied. Of course I don't watch that crap...

Don't watch it either. It's their loss.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

The shame is... they could reel me in with more "classic" games... and not just the last 5 years. Other day I rewatched Miami @ Houston from 1978 when Earl Campbell went for 199 and 4 TD's. Now THAT was a classic game!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#97 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

The shame is... they could reel me in with more "classic" games... and not just the last 5 years. Other day I rewatched Miami @ Houston from 1978 when Earl Campbell went for 199 and 4 TD's. Now THAT was a classic game!

Due to the long downtime, I feel like they're missing out on further growing the game. More exposure. The other sports do a much better job of this. More tournaments year round. Basketball's Summer League for example. Soccer tournaments, etc. I know how the sport is played (more physical) it's harder on the body. But, It just feels so restricted to one part of the year. Expanding the season or holding other competition's, It could really help to grow it, especially internationally. Ultimately, this is the sports downfall imo. I dont know...just ranting. Lol
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,113

Post#98 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Every 4th of July, the previous NCAA Champions should take on the previous Super Bowl Champions(in this case, Clemson vs NE) in a battle to the death on the south lawn of the White House.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#99 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:01 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Every 4th of July, the previous NCAA Champions should take on the previous Super Bowl Champions(in this case, Clemson vs NE) in a battle to the death on the south lawn of the White House.

Now we're talkin'! :P
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#100 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:09 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

One of the very few NFL games that I was extremely fortunate to attend and see live. Well, sort of with the seat I had.

Return to The General NFL Board