Things you're most excited to watch next season

Moderator: bwgood77

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Re: Things you're most excited to watch next season 

Post#21 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jul 4, 2017 3:04 am

ive been watching pete carroll for years, an excellent coach. We at USC provided him with the best talent year after year. Fresh 1st round talent that he could mold annually. However, the NFLs salary cap restricts him. (Please stop there with the jokes). Anyhow, I wanna see if pete and his GM have figured it out. And I wanted to see which way the trend continues to go. Up and relevant every year. or otherwise. Anyhow, im rooting for the seahawks and pete.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#22 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jul 4, 2017 3:11 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Watching the Sea Chickens regress now that Pete Carroll has lost him team.

You & Ernie must be miserable every year. :razz:

I think Arizona will be the team to beat in your Division this year. Sorry ole buddy.

Nope.

Carson Palmer.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 4, 2017 3:21 am

LAKESHOW wrote:ive been watching pete carroll for years, an excellent coach. We at USC provided him with the best talent year after year. Fresh 1st round talent that he could mold annually. However, the NFLs salary cap restricts him. (Please stop there with the jokes). Anyhow, I wanna see if pete and his GM have figured it out. And I wanted to see which way the trend continues to go. Up and relevant every year. or otherwise. Anyhow, im rooting for the seahawks and pete.

I saw all I needed from Pete Carroll in their last super bowl, :rofl:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 4, 2017 3:24 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You & Ernie must be miserable every year. :razz:

I think Arizona will be the team to beat in your Division this year. Sorry ole buddy.

Nope.

Carson Palmer.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#25 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 4, 2017 3:26 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:ive been watching pete carroll for years, an excellent coach. We at USC provided him with the best talent year after year. Fresh 1st round talent that he could mold annually. However, the NFLs salary cap restricts him. (Please stop there with the jokes). Anyhow, I wanna see if pete and his GM have figured it out. And I wanted to see which way the trend continues to go. Up and relevant every year. or otherwise. Anyhow, im rooting for the seahawks and pete.

You must enjoy watching it, while your Boys' are at home, am I right? :naaa:
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#26 » by RavenMad31 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Ugh. I still get annoyed at the narrative surrounding this call and the finger pointing at Pete Carroll. That slant pass was as good as a slam dunk in basketball. Butler got a historically great jump on the ball and an amazing catch in the midst of a collision just for us to have this conversation. The corner made a freaking incredible play. That's all. It wasn't a dumb call. It wasn't even terribly executed. The only reason anyone says they should have run Lynch is based solely on preceding plays and the benefit of hindsight. There isn't a single person I know of on this planet that has the ability to look into an alternate reality and guarantee that a Lynch run (which succeeded at a rate somewhere around 53% in short yardage that season, I believe vs. Wilson's 63% completion percentage and only 7 INTs all season) would have scored and not ended in some other result to benefit the Patriots.
Since Richard Sherman has taken center stage to all this controversy, I would think that as a CB, he could appreciate the preparation and anticipation and effort it took for Butler to make that play rather than having to assign blame. Also, while assigning blame, his Legion of Doom coughed up a ten point fourth quarter lead and 300+ passing yards, otherwise the Seahawks would have been taking a knee on their last possession instead of having to decide whether to run or pass trying to punch it in the end zone.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 4, 2017 3:31 pm

Yes it was plain and simple. A running smash mouth team the Sea Hawks were. Great defense with a punishing runner like beast mode. 2nd and goal from the 1 and a half yard line, and they decided to throw. Please, how out of character for them. They just didn't want beast mode to become the MVP after all his press conferences that week. If Lynch scored there he would have had 2 t.d.'s for the game, scoring the winning T.D. and easily becoming the MVP of the Super Bowl. They were trying so hard to make Wilson the MVP and it back fired. It was so out of character for Seattle I felt bad for beast mode, but don't tell Jack I said that. Sorry guys, that's right up there with the worse all time calls in super bowl history. And yes Jack, I was actually rooting for your team and had a small bet on them as well. You know I always root for the NFC unless its the Egals or foreskins.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:15 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I saw all I needed from Pete Carroll in their last super bowl, :rofl:

Ugh. I still get annoyed at the narrative surrounding this call and the finger pointing at Pete Carroll. That slant pass was as good as a slam dunk in basketball. Butler got a historically great jump on the ball and an amazing catch in the midst of a collision just for us to have this conversation. The corner made a freaking incredible play. That's all. It wasn't a dumb call. It wasn't even terribly executed. The only reason anyone says they should have run Lynch is based solely on preceding plays and the benefit of hindsight. There isn't a single person I know of on this planet that has the ability to look into an alternate reality and guarantee that a Lynch run (which succeeded at a rate somewhere around 53% in short yardage that season, I believe vs. Wilson's 63% completion percentage and only 7 INTs all season) would have scored and not ended in some other result to benefit the Patriots.
Since Richard Sherman has taken center stage to all this controversy, I would think that as a CB, he could appreciate the preparation and anticipation and effort it took for Butler to make that play rather than having to assign blame. Also, while assigning blame, his Legion of Doom coughed up a ten point fourth quarter lead and 300+ passing yards, otherwise the Seahawks would have been taking a knee on their last possession instead of having to decide whether to run or pass trying to punch it in the end zone.

Your right! I've moved on from it. No point otherwise. :roll:
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#29 » by shawn_hemp » Wed Jul 5, 2017 1:22 pm

RavenMad31 wrote: It wasn't a dumb call.

I get the points you are trying to make...

but it was a dumb call. Plain and simple. Luckily for Pete Carroll, he has a ring already for anyone who questions his decision making

I can definitely buy into the Seahawks trying to get Wilson the MVP over Marshawn.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:06 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I saw all I needed from Pete Carroll in their last super bowl, :rofl:

Come on Raven. I agree with you most of the time, but that was a horrible call at 2nd down and goal from the 1 and a half yard line. Come on now, your starting to sound like Ernie while at the same time sucking up to Jack. :wink:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,046

Post#31 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Come on now, your starting to sound like Ernie while at the same time sucking up to Jack. :wink:

What's up with this Ernie obsession? The guy's been gone for like 8 months.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#32 » by RavenMad31 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:15 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You must enjoy watching it, while your Boys' are at home, am I right? :naaa:

Come on Raven. I agree with you most of the time, but that was a horrible call at 2nd down and goal from the 1 and a half yard line. Come on now, your starting to sound like Ernie while at the same time sucking up to Jack. :wink:

I stand by every word of what I said. If Lynch had gotten stuffed in the backfield by, say, Wilfork and he and Wilson fumbled the exchange, they'd be crucifying the Seahawks for running such a predictable play, which, in that part of the field, is incredibly predictable. The reason running it up the middle is such an "obvious call" is because we will never have a chance to see it be run and fail. In everyone's mind, it's an automatic TD. As fans, we should know better than to think anything other than a Justin Tucker PAT or FG attempt is automatic.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:52 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Come on now, your starting to sound like Ernie while at the same time sucking up to Jack. :wink:

What's up with this Ernie obsession? The guy's been gone for like 8 months.

Its not an obsession, just joking around. Can't help you out if you can distinguish between playing around or joking over an obsession.
War Machine
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#34 » by War Machine » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:56 am

How Dak and Zeke will perform in their Sophomore seasons after incredible Rookie ones. Hopefully no Sophomore slumps but we'll see.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:00 am

I'm not the least bit worried. I'm more interested in the defense so we can win a super bowl very shortly.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,610

Post#36 » by bmurph128 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:51 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:Ugh. I still get annoyed at the narrative surrounding this call and the finger pointing at Pete Carroll. That slant pass was as good as a slam dunk in basketball. Butler got a historically great jump on the ball and an amazing catch in the midst of a collision just for us to have this conversation. The corner made a freaking incredible play. That's all. It wasn't a dumb call. It wasn't even terribly executed. The only reason anyone says they should have run Lynch is based solely on preceding plays and the benefit of hindsight. There isn't a single person I know of on this planet that has the ability to look into an alternate reality and guarantee that a Lynch run (which succeeded at a rate somewhere around 53% in short yardage that season, I believe vs. Wilson's 63% completion percentage and only 7 INTs all season) would have scored and not ended in some other result to benefit the Patriots.

I stand by every word of what I said. If Lynch had gotten stuffed in the backfield by, say, Wilfork and he and Wilson fumbled the exchange, they'd be crucifying the Seahawks for running such a predictable play, which, in that part of the field, is incredibly predictable. The reason running it up the middle is such an "obvious call" is because we will never have a chance to see it be run and fail. In everyone's mind, it's an automatic TD. As fans, we should know better than to think anything other than a Justin Tucker PAT or FG attempt is automatic.

I agree. But I think Wilson needs more blame.

I like to imagine that it was Peyton Manning that threw the pass...my lord the outrage and "choker" comments that would have gotten. Wilson basically dropped back closed his eyes and threw the ball to a spot. Cemented his ceiling in my eyes.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#37 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:04 pm

bmurph128 wrote:Wilson basically dropped back closed his eyes and threw the ball to a spot. Cemented his ceiling in my eyes.

:argue:

:giveup:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:44 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:Ugh. I still get annoyed at the narrative surrounding this call and the finger pointing at Pete Carroll. That slant pass was as good as a slam dunk in basketball. Butler got a historically great jump on the ball and an amazing catch in the midst of a collision just for us to have this conversation. The corner made a freaking incredible play. That's all. It wasn't a dumb call. It wasn't even terribly executed. The only reason anyone says they should have run Lynch is based solely on preceding plays and the benefit of hindsight. There isn't a single person I know of on this planet that has the ability to look into an alternate reality and guarantee that a Lynch run (which succeeded at a rate somewhere around 53% in short yardage that season, I believe vs. Wilson's 63% completion percentage and only 7 INTs all season) would have scored and not ended in some other result to benefit the Patriots.

So what if one play may have gotten stuffed. They still had two more downs to punch it in. They were a power running team with Lynch. This is one of the reasons why I think Carroll lost some of his team and chemistry last year.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#39 » by RavenMad31 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Come on Raven. I agree with you most of the time, but that was a horrible call at 2nd down and goal from the 1 and a half yard line. Come on now, your starting to sound like Ernie while at the same time sucking up to Jack. :wink:

So what if one play may have gotten stuffed. They still had two more downs to punch it in. They were a power running team with Lynch. This is one of the reasons why I think Carroll lost some of his team and chemistry last year.

That's probably my biggest issue with people getting on the play call. All the criticism is fueled by "what ifs". Just because we have one known bad result doesn't guarantee a good result if an alternate action is taken. If you want to ask me what they REALLY should have done and what I personally would have called, I'd have faked to Lynch and let Wilson bootleg outside with an option to dump off to a receiver or run it in. Am I smarter than Pete Carroll? Hell no. Am I foolish enough to think that if that play were run, that Wilson couldn't get laid out, fumble and have it run back 95 yards the other way? Nope. Really, you can think up any of a slew of different plays they could have called, run or pass, and imagine something good or bad in each case. The fact is that they could run any given one of them and if it fails, people are going to skewer Carroll for not running something else.

bmurph128 wrote:I agree. But I think Wilson needs more blame.

I like to imagine that it was Peyton Manning that threw the pass...my lord the outrage and "choker" comments that would have gotten. Wilson basically dropped back closed his eyes and threw the ball to a spot. Cemented his ceiling in my eyes.

I watched the play three or four times when I first posted in this thread and I thought the throw was pretty good, certainly good enough to complete the pass. I know the WR didn't look like he was expecting to have to fight anyone for the ball.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#40 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 pm

I hate where this is going :banghead:

:offtopic: You made me do it!

Return to The General NFL Board