ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#421 » by poeman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:44 pm

DSmith was made for the summer league, not saying he was bad...But I knew he was going to thrive in it just like offensive minded players such as Nate Robinson. Hall of Famer of the Summer League.

Just see how Frank does in game action, he has all the ability to literally change the dynamics of a game.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#422 » by Tron Carter » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:53 pm

poeman wrote:DSmith was made for the summer league, not saying he was bad...But I knew he was going to thrive in it just like offensive minded players such as Nate Robinson. Hall of Famer of the Summer League.

Just see how Frank does in game action, he has all the ability to literally change the dynamics of a game.

this is a good point as well. at the end of the day it wouldn't have mattered if frank played in the summer league or not his game doesn't showcase highlight reel dunks so fans would've bitched regardless.
R.I.P Black Mamba
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#423 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Every time DSJ has a good game in SL from a bunch of Knick Fans.... SMH

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,693

Post#424 » by Fat » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Frank support thread turned into a dsj swallow festival gotta love this board.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
BigKnickFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 17

Post#425 » by BigKnickFan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:08 pm

NewYorkPride85 wrote:
BigKnickFan wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:
Really.... Do you even realize what team we're talking about? We can win a title and the media will find something wrong with it so why feed it?

Just out of curiosity, how old were you in the early 90's?

el13adnino wrote:
BigKnickFan wrote:Just out of curiosity, how old were you in the early 90's?

1993 to be specific

Not sure how that would be relevant but that would put me around 10. If you guys want to throw out how it used to be, unfortunately we are no longer in that era where we actually were respected. Just look at last night for example. We made a very smart hire for once and all over we were getting hammered by it. Turned on local sports radio and they were bashing it and then switched to espn radio and they were bashing it. The worst part is that they were bashing it not because of the guy hired but because it was the Knicks that hired him. The Knicks being quiet on their prospect doesn't bother me. He made a go at it during practice and he tweaked his knee and shut him down quick. They understood that has had more activity than anyone else drafted this year so they shut him down. Why risk injury when he was playing professionally just a few weeks ago? Fultz just got a freak ankle sprain and he actually had months off considering he wasn't in the tournament which ended in April. Why risk your best asset on something that with have ZERO return to your business when you can implement it during training camp and have they hype start from there. FYI if Frank had the same time frame as everyone else then yes I would be with both of you in being upset about it.

The Knicks have actually had a lot of positive press on the hire of Perry.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-smart-move-hiring-scott-perry-step-article-1.3325108

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/07/14/new-york-knicks-scott-perry-steve-mills-james-dolan/

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/13/report-knicks-reach-deal-to-hire-scott-perry-as-teams-new-gm-kings-seeking-compensation/

Just to name a few.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

Plato

PeaceOut, BKF

@BigKnickFan
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#426 » by Mecca » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Every time DSJ has a good game in SL from a bunch of Knick Fans.... SMH

I REALLY HOPE THEY KEEP THAT SAME ENERGY WHEN ITS CHRISTMAS DAY AND THEY ALL COPPED NTILIKINA JERSEYS
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#427 » by Slicin N Dicin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm

apparently i'm an internet tough guy and jerk off in my mama's basement because i'm sick of these dudes on here crying about DSJ :lol: :lol: :lol: - they've created like 2-3 threads.just have 1 and keep it in there.

go on the mavs board - man i liked DSJ also, but Frank is a Knick and I think he'll have the better career - people need to stop whining.

back to the basement i go :wink:
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#428 » by Bill Pidto » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:18 pm

From the "NotPhilJackson" thread

KnicksGod wrote:I don't care how far down they bury Phil, I think he's right -- small PGs controlling your offense are fool's gold.

Mavericks would trade DSJ for Frank, but they'd lie about it.

Phil is right. Even CP3 has struggled to win in the playoffs. And Steph Curry is the greatest shooter of all time, in the greatest shooting backcourt of all time, on one of the most talented teams of all time.

OP: remind yourself that Frank didn't get a chance to go in summer league, forget what you saw from Dennis Smith because he's not our player, and think about the special things Frank brings to the team..

He's a unique physical specimen at his position, much like Porzingis. Freakishly large arms and hands. 6'5/6'6 point guard with wide shoulders and just about the perfect frame to pack on lean muscle. I also believe his quickness and athleticism is understated because his game is so smooth and reserved for a player his age. So basically, his potential just from a physical standpoint is out of this world.

Then you factor in what we know he's already good at. Defense. And a smooth stroke. Also a team player who looks to pass, and from what I understand, is pretty nice in the pick and roll. But his length and instincts on defense is what can really separate him. If he's running the point and scoring buckets on top of that, then he'll be a star.

Most of all, at only 18 years old, he has a great reputation and has been praised for his above average IQ and work ethic, which is what you need to become a star, especially in NY. He has the things I loved about De'Aaron Fox, and what I loved about Porzingis when he came over. Just a great head on his shoulders and a great mentality and attitude. Comes from a great family and is the type of player who I'd like to see on social media pal'ing around with KP and Willy and the crew.

He's also cultured. He's been around the world and speaks multiple languages. He's also played professional ball since he was 16, and it shows. And those are major positives for me when compared to a player from the states raised in the AAU system with only one year in college. Of course, talent is King, but now a days, when these kids from Europe are becoming more and more skilled and determined to succeed in the NBA, all of these other things that come with growing up and playing there start to matter a lot more. I'm a big fan of the scouting overseas and I like Frank a lot for that reason.

Now, if that doesn't make you feel any better, maybe Dan Patrick's daughter can help you. I did my best.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,612

Post#429 » by Capn'O » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Frank support thread turned into a dsj swallow festival gotta love this board.

Well, he's playing. When Frank was playing and nobody else was everyone loved him :lol:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#430 » by NewYorkPride85 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:30 pm

BigKnickFan wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:
BigKnickFan wrote:Just out of curiosity, how old were you in the early 90's?

el13adnino wrote:1993 to be specific

Not sure how that would be relevant but that would put me around 10. If you guys want to throw out how it used to be, unfortunately we are no longer in that era where we actually were respected. Just look at last night for example. We made a very smart hire for once and all over we were getting hammered by it. Turned on local sports radio and they were bashing it and then switched to espn radio and they were bashing it. The worst part is that they were bashing it not because of the guy hired but because it was the Knicks that hired him. The Knicks being quiet on their prospect doesn't bother me. He made a go at it during practice and he tweaked his knee and shut him down quick. They understood that has had more activity than anyone else drafted this year so they shut him down. Why risk injury when he was playing professionally just a few weeks ago? Fultz just got a freak ankle sprain and he actually had months off considering he wasn't in the tournament which ended in April. Why risk your best asset on something that with have ZERO return to your business when you can implement it during training camp and have they hype start from there. FYI if Frank had the same time frame as everyone else then yes I would be with both of you in being upset about it.

The Knicks have actually had a lot of positive press on the hire of Perry.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-smart-move-hiring-scott-perry-step-article-1.3325108

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/07/14/new-york-knicks-scott-perry-steve-mills-james-dolan/

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/13/report-knicks-reach-deal-to-hire-scott-perry-as-teams-new-gm-kings-seeking-compensation/

Just to name a few.

I'm not doubting there was positive. I saw a few quotes and twitter post speaking highly of him. I'm just referring to as soon as the news broke all I kept hearing on the radio from my commute home was negative. Had to just put music on instead and wait until I got home to actually figure out who this guy was. Point is that if this were different times I would agree that keeping quiet about our guy would look bad but we still a long way before we change the opinions of the masses
Fat
RealGM

Post#431 » by Fat » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:32 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Frank support thread turned into a dsj swallow festival gotta love this board.

Well, he's playing. When Frank was playing and nobody else was everyone loved him :lol:

i get it i like him too and i want him to do well, but how many threads we need on it. its embarrassing :nonono:
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
xsaberx
Bench Warmer
And1: 413

Post#432 » by xsaberx » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:34 pm

watch Frank play against scrubs last year

MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#433 » by MC3 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:40 pm

Same happened on our board with Markkanen when DSJ has good SL game :nonono:
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#434 » by vallen » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

i get it i like him too and i want him to do well, but how many threads we need on it. its embarrassing :nonono:

you do have to admit this thread was baiting these reactions. and this is going to be talked about all the way through their rookie deals so get used to it. best we can hope for is Ntillheready will be a decent player for us someday, and not a bust.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Fat
RealGM

Post#435 » by Fat » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:10 pm

vallen wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

you do have to admit this thread was baiting these reactions. and this is going to be talked about all the way through their rookie deals so get used to it. best we can hope for is Ntillheready will be a decent player for us someday, and not a bust.

my thing is frank hasnt even played and already being looked at as a regretful pick. At least wait until we see something before jumping the gun. At least then you have a hole to pick at right now were just going off DSJ's summer league vs franks nothing.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#436 » by boomann21 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Look fellas I the french kid might just turn out to be a good player, but we not the only people sucking off Dennis Smith JR and if it is true that Phil was falling asleep during workouts. I just hope he didn't sleep while Dennis Smith JR. was in town. This is what all the scouts to saying about his performance. Everybody in Vegas is sucking him off

Scout No. 1: "I think overall, scouts had a very high opinion of Smith. I know I did. He was maybe the most explosive player in the draft."

Scout No. 2: "I had Smith No. 2 on my board. Definitely think the questions over his leadership and record were overstated. That team was a complete mess last year. I think he's going to be pretty damn good."

Smith's identity revolves around his explosiveness, strength and scoring ability. He puts pressure on defenses with a blow-by first step, jets in the lane and the confidence to pull up from anywhere.

Scout No. 3: "I've loved him since he was in high school. He's athletic, skilled and always in attack mode. Reminds me of Steve Francis and Baron Davis. If he stays healthy, he will be special."

Scout No. 4: "No doubt a great athlete and can score, and when he wants to, he can defend."

But he also brings playmaking and facilitating to create a well-rounded offensive punch from the point.

Scout No. 5: "Has a solid feel as a young point guard. He's got great patience."
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#437 » by Mecca » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:20 pm

omg, y'all trolled my thread
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,931

Post#438 » by stuporman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Same thing happened in the KP draft, there were some Knick fans sucking off other team's players all summer long and how did that turn out? Winslow much? Now they are doing the same thing with this draft. The mods need to clean this up or it will be a long summer of baiting and trolling, if those posters want to talk about those other players then go to those team's forums and do it there, not in here because that is obviously trying to troll the fan base of this team.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,916

Post#439 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Capn'O wrote:

When players on other teams are having good games, the Around the League thread is where that is discussed.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,612

Post#440 » by Capn'O » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:37 pm

GONYK wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

When players on other teams are having good games, the Around the League thread is where that is discussed.

This is a really great point.

If only there were some group or body that could start enforcing that. XOXO.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks