ImageImageImageImageImage

Floyd mayweather vs Connor mcgregor

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Re: Floyd mayweather vs Connor mcgregor 

Post#141 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 pm

j4remi wrote:So we got Conor with Racial gaffes yesterday and Floyd with a homophobic gaffe today. The promoters are probably glad this tour is over, what a dumb idea to have these guys do 20 minute monologues every day for four straight days while traveling all over the place. Floyd likely wins the fight but MMA fight promotion looks great after the way these cats fumbled such a tailor made marketing juggernaut.

The whole thing is beyond what it needs to be. This display won't match what we see in the ring, but, damn if everyone isn't dialed in now. Which is the point.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#142 » by EricAnderson » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:18 pm

offense wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:Floyd doesn't have the ability to match wits verbally with Connor so he resulted in saying faggyt

Connor was corny, I don't see anything impressive.

he's much more witty then Mayweather who repeated the same things over and over
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#143 » by N8isScofield » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:27 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
N8isScofield wrote:I'm not even 30 and I feel old living in a world where people are actually excited about watching a couple of small dudes waltz around the ring for a few rounds. I just don't know how anyone who truly loves boxing could have anything but contempt for this "fight".

Who still "truly loves boxing" anymore? I was so excited to see a good fight develop between Manny and that Aussie and the decision hit me right between the eyes and reminded why I stopped watching it.

I still do. Klitschko/Joshua was an absolute delight. If you've ever loved boxing I just don't get how anyone could enjoy it being made into WWE. :noway:
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant

Post#144 » by N8isScofield » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:30 pm

camillepd wrote:It is racist that Connor addressed Mayweather, a 40 year old Black man as "boy."

I am a liberal biracial person and I can assure you there was absolutely no racial component to it. McGregor is Irish. The word "boy" does not have the same history in Ireland that it does here. He's called numerous opponents "boy" and the majority of them were not black. It's no different to how a "f*g" is a cigarette in England and does not have any of the homophobic connotation over there that it does here. There was absolutely nothing racial at all behind him saying "boy".
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#145 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:25 pm

Conor is the great white hope. Look at how many white and non white people sre backing him up all over social media. Conor is an immigrant but he gets more love then the American (Floyd) in his own country. How ridiculous is that? I know Floyd can rub people the wrong way but the disgusting racist things, white and other minorities have said about him over the years makes me want to cheer for Floyd.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager

Post#146 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:27 pm

N8isScofield wrote:
camillepd wrote:It is racist that Connor addressed Mayweather, a 40 year old Black man as "boy."

I am a liberal biracial person and I can assure you there was absolutely no racial component to it. McGregor is Irish. The word "boy" does not have the same history in Ireland that it does here. He's called numerous opponents "boy" and the majority of them were not black. It's no different to how a "f*g" is a cigarette in England and does not have any of the homophobic connotation over there that it does here. There was absolutely nothing racial at all behind him saying "boy".

He may or may not used boy as a racial thing BUT you know damn well you can't refer to a black man with that term and expect people not to get up in arms. Why are you defending Conor anyways?
Sprewell4Three
General Manager

Post#147 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:29 pm

And being Liberal doesn't mean a got damn thing. Both parties are Wings on the same got damn bird. Liberals are probably worse since they act like your friends but then pass laws that keep blacks subsiervent.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager

Post#148 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:33 pm

HEZI wrote:
RottenApple wrote:conor isnt racist, everyone with a little bit of a brain knows that. i dont want to offend anybody, but people need to stop embracing the victim role and make everything about race. be bigger than racism.

i understand that a lot of racism is going on and i dont want to excuse that, but the approach of most people and how they deal with it is toally wrong. i can respect the black lives matter movement and people like charlamagne for trying to bring people together. but hes a prime example, hes diggin for racism in every situation and loves when he finds something he can make a big deal of, regarding "his" poeple.

i cant rly judge anybody tho. i never felt racism towards me, i dont know how it feels. still, i think poeple need to stop making everything about race, racism can only be extinguished from society, when black people rise above the victim role and bring black AND white together. we gotta love each other and stop the "my people, your people" ****.

Dude is racist, stop being naive

The monkeys comment cements it. Do you watch soccer? Are you not aware of the racism that takes place over in Europe, including areas like Ireland? I'm not saying Irish people are racist, I think every nationality has it's fair share of ignorant racist people, but the monkeys comment is very similar to the stuff they say to black soccer players in Europe. I've seen fans call them monkeys, make the monkey sounds throughout the arena, even throw bananas onto the field. Like I said, not all of them are like that but the ones who are clearly aren't afraid to show it, like Conor.

Exactly! I'm getting really tired of people being so blind to the racism that's out there. This is why we will continue to eee injustices against blacks all the time. We got people saying oh it's just a joke, but those jokes turn into policy changes. The kkk started as just a joke at first
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant

Post#149 » by N8isScofield » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:57 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
N8isScofield wrote:

He may or may not used boy as a racial thing BUT you know damn well you can't refer to a black man with that term and expect people not to get up in arms. Why are you defending Conor anyways?

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know I needed your blessing to provide context. FOH.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Post#150 » by jc23 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:03 am

Im pretty convinced they like each other, their just selling the fight.

Still see no racism here, unless there is some other story about Connor im missing. Just another example of people wanting to vent and be outraged. Its just **** talk, go have a froYo or something.
Be curious, Not judgmental
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#151 » by AmazingJason » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:16 am

jc23 wrote:Im pretty convinced they like each other, their just selling the fight.

Still see no racism here, unless there is some other story about Connor im missing. Just another example of people wanting to vent and be outraged. Its just **** talk, go have a froYo or something.

There's a reason why Floyd Mayweather is going to worth a billion dollars after this fight.

He casts himself as a hated villain over and over again, and people eat it up hoping that some scrub or over-the-hill veteran finally beats him. The man is not just an incredible boxer, but he's a marketing genius; only he could sell the sh*tty product he's been peddling for years. I mean, think about it for a second. A match between an all-time great vs. a non-boxer is going to end up being the most watched fight in history. Only Floyd - with help from McGregor - could pull this off.

The more fake controversy the better. It just ends up netting him more and more millions.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#152 » by camillepd » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:04 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:And being Liberal doesn't mean a got damn thing. Both parties are Wings on the same got damn bird. Liberals are probably worse since they act like your friends but then pass laws that keep blacks subsiervent.

It's been said that many white liberals are covert racists anyways.
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#153 » by camillepd » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:21 am

What else did Connor say that might be seen as racist? Connor called black boxers Rocky 3 "Dancing monkeys." Besides addressing Mayweather as "boy" who "looks like a breakdancer." Connor went on to explain that he is part black "from the navel down" and began gyrating his pelvis feigning the sexual act "for the black women out there." Yes Connor is outrageous and obviously very racist as well.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#154 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:56 am

LOL @ because he is Irish.

Calling a black man "boy" and telling him dance for me is something that would not be unique to america.Also like a Irish man never called a black man "boy" in that manner.

I also guess the Monkeys in the Gym in Rocky is not racist as well. I wonder where he picked up calling us Monkeys from. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Ahh ... good ol’ Ireland. See, here’s the thing about Ireland: Racism is rampant there.

In a 2014 study from Enar, the European Network Against Racism (Ireland), it cited over 182 incidents of racist verbal abuse, violence, discrimination and other attacks toward Africans living in the country. And racism is also rampant in McGregor’s history of taunts and attempts to be “witty.”
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#155 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:15 am

Sounds Just Like America...

A DISCUSSION on Irish talk radio has started a nationwide debate on Ireland and racism.

Two South African students, named Azile and Anathi, contacted RTÉ’s long-running Liveline show to relay their experiences at a Dublin bar over the weekend.

The pair, along with another friend, say they were horrified when they were refused admission to a venue because of their skin colour.

The bouncer apparently told them “no black people allowed.”

RTÉ presenter Philip Boucher Hayes first asked Azile, a Master’s student in International Development in University College Dublin, to describe the events.

She said she had “never been denied access to a place because of my skin colour” before the alleged incident in Dublin.

“I was showing my friends around places in Dublin. I wanted them to experience what I’d experienced” she says referring to previous enjoyable nights out in Dublin.

“As we got to the door we were denied access and we were told ‘no black people’ by the security man at the door.”

When the presenter reacted with disbelief , she repeated the doorman’s words: ‘No black people allowed.’

“It was unbelievable. We didn’t expect that. We thought it was identification he wanted,” she continued.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant

Post#156 » by N8isScofield » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:27 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:LOL @ because he is Irish.

Calling a black man "boy" and telling him dance for me is something that would not be unique to america.Also like a Irish man never called a black man "boy" in that manner.

I also guess the Monkeys in the Gym in Rocky is not racist as well. I wonder where he picked up calling us Monkeys from. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Ahh ... good ol’ Ireland. See, here’s the thing about Ireland: Racism is rampant there.

In a 2014 study from Enar, the European Network Against Racism (Ireland), it cited over 182 incidents of racist verbal abuse, violence, discrimination and other attacks toward Africans living in the country. And racism is also rampant in McGregor’s history of taunts and attempts to be “witty.”

Talk to me after you've set foot in Ireland. I have. My skin is unmistakably brown. Zero problems whatsoever.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#157 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:30 am

camillepd wrote:What else did Connor say that might be seen as racist? Connor called black boxers Rocky 3 "Dancing monkeys." Besides addressing Mayweather as "boy" who "looks like a breakdancer." Connor went on to explain that he is part black "from the navel down" and began gyrating his pelvis feigning the sexual act "for the black women out there." Yes Connor is outrageous and obviously very racist as well.

I don't know if he's a racist. But he's saying racist stuff. To sell the fight? With Mayweather's blessing? Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. I heard stuff that they actually like each other. :dontknow:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#158 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:31 am

N8isScofield wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:LOL @ because he is Irish.

Talk to me after you've set foot in Ireland. I have. My skin is unmistakably brown. Zero problems whatsoever.

Spoken like some random black dude who says he never experienced racism in america. Well guess what... to many have and can attest that it exists. I could careless about your singular experience as any kinda of "proof"
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#159 » by Fury » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:34 am

Lol @ the idea that Irish aren't racist

Also lol @ the idea that the monkeys stuff isn't racist
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#160 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:41 am

Fury wrote:Lol @ the idea that Irish aren't racist

Also lol @ the idea that the monkeys stuff isn't racist

If you know anything about the history of NYC...you damn sure know that def can be the case.

Return to New York Knicks