ImageImageImageImageImage

KP YouTube Channel

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Re: KP YouTube Channel 

Post#121 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:29 am

BadNewsBarnes wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Not going to dispute that although KP is a lot quicker that most 7 footers not named Kevin durant. My broader point is that wirey types don't come in right away and rule the bench press. Give it time, he'll get stronger.

Bench press isnt going to impress me. I hope they got him doing squats/deadlifts and focusing on his core/back/legs

It know it will take him some time to get stronger, but what does his brother know about physical fitness? If KP really wanted to put on some weight/size...he could have been done that already. I understand not wanting to rush things... but at the same time he should be further along then he is. The weight he is pushing around in this clip...middle school kids are pushing that weight. Maybe not 20 times... but still. Kind of a joke that these type of workouts is what Is making it to youtube. High rep bench press at 65 lbs. If you are going to do high rep...at least high rep at 135. If he cant high rep at 135 (10-20) then that is a big problem.

There are three things that men should be able to do at any age to prove that they are fit:

1. Be able to see their member standing up.
2. Run a 10 minute mile.
3. Bench press their own weight.

Don't think KP has reached #3 yet. Personally, I'm working on #2.

Ive never at any point failed to accomplish 1&2. Iver never been able to accomplish 3 and I doubt I ever will.

Somehow I can do 50 pushups in a row without being able to accomplish 3.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#122 » by AmazingJason » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:25 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:KP is working on core and endurance with a bit of weight training. If you noticed he spends hours lifting then goes right to playing basketball. It's training himself for the regular season to not get tired so quickly. He could easily get swoll if he wanted to.

I do think he needs to get professional trainers in the US and stop having his brother up his ass. It's funny having Janis train him like he's an NBA player and knows what he's doing. KP would strongly benefit for Dirk or a guy like Hakeem. Next off season he needs to stay in the US or have guys come to him linked in the NBA

KP would learn more in one session with Hakeem that he's ever learned in a lifetime with Janis.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#123 » by AmazingJason » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:30 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:Good to see he's taking it serious. No disrespect to his brother and whoever is helping him, but I'm ready to see him doing workouts with NBA HOF players. I think he's supposed to workout with Dirk in August. You can't learn the mind of a champion if you're learning from someone who wasn't a champion.

I want him to get that Dirk fadeaway down atleast. Tatum has it down nicely

Jeff said he would try to get Karl Malone to workout with KP also. He's probably the best player ever to never win a championship. He can learn a lot from him. I hope KP is making this happen.

F*ck Janis. I have plenty of disrespect :o You're not a goddamn trainer and you're not a goddamn agent. Go get a real f*cking job and leave this sh*t to the pros.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
Muizha
Junior
And1: 220

Post#124 » by Muizha » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:09 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:The workout in the twenty minute vid was no joke. Is it a gaining strength training workout? No. Not sure KP would gain a lot in one summer though. So maybe it is a smarter play to focus on endurance and core strength at this time.

Give me 3 months with the kid. Im not even a professional trainer, but ill have him more swoll then his brother got him looking. Kp is better off doing pushups/pullups body weight exercises then incline benching 65 lbs.

So... how does getting him "more swoll then his brother got him looking" helps anything? Is KP training for some bodybuilding contest?

Some of the responses in this thread are just :crazy:
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,195

Post#125 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:12 am

AmazingJason wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:Good to see he's taking it serious. No disrespect to his brother and whoever is helping him, but I'm ready to see him doing workouts with NBA HOF players. I think he's supposed to workout with Dirk in August. You can't learn the mind of a champion if you're learning from someone who wasn't a champion.

Jeff said he would try to get Karl Malone to workout with KP also. He's probably the best player ever to never win a championship. He can learn a lot from him. I hope KP is making this happen.

F*ck Janis. I have plenty of disrespect :o You're not a goddamn trainer and you're not a goddamn agent. Go get a real f*cking job and leave this sh*t to the pros.

Yeah it's stupid. He needs to go do something else. I wouldn't waste my time having my brother training me.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#126 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:14 am

Muizha wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:The workout in the twenty minute vid was no joke. Is it a gaining strength training workout? No. Not sure KP would gain a lot in one summer though. So maybe it is a smarter play to focus on endurance and core strength at this time.

Give me 3 months with the kid. Im not even a professional trainer, but ill have him more swoll then his brother got him looking. Kp is better off doing pushups/pullups body weight exercises then incline benching 65 lbs.

So... how does getting him "more swoll then his brother got him looking" helps anything? Is KP training for some bodybuilding contest?

He is 7'3 and thin as hell. He needs to gain some size/weight. Yes that helps with basketball. :crazy:
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#127 » by Adelheid » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:15 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:

Yeah it's stupid. He needs to go do something else. I wouldn't waste my time having my brother training me.

Karl is pretty damn big and beefep up even at an advanced age when he was still with the jazz. Looks like a good idea to me
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#128 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:29 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Muizha wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Give me 3 months with the kid. Im not even a professional trainer, but ill have him more swoll then his brother got him looking. Kp is better off doing pushups/pullups body weight exercises then incline benching 65 lbs.

He is 7'3 and thin as hell. He needs to gain some size/weight. Yes that helps with basketball. :crazy:

If he's gonna do it natural way it's gonna take a few years.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#129 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:32 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Muizha wrote:

Hes 23. Old enough to put on weight now. I know dudes 30-40 years old skinny as KP. Youre not going to gain weight naturally when youre that tall. He needs to be packing in the calories.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#130 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:36 am

By natural I mean not roiding. Ehh I see the reasoning behind building up his core first. I agree with that part at least.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#131 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:40 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

Hes 23. Old enough to put on weight now. I know dudes 30-40 years old skinny as KP. Youre not going to gain weight naturally when youre that tall. He needs to be packing in the calories.

21.. still
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#132 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:03 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
21.. still

22 in 15 days. Stop acting like he is a child and cant put weight on or cant lift heavy weights. Hes 22 fkn years old. Got 14 year olds eating heavy lifting heavy for football....Got 12 year olds cutting weight for Wrestling... This **** can eat a few pizzas and start pushing some heavy weights around. Hes not a baby.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#133 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:04 am

bringinhinkie wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:He's going to be throwing dudes out of the paint this season like Uncle Phil did Jeff.

they need to fix that knee collapse.. knee collapse + weight coming down = bye bye acl/mcl.. and im not trying to sound like captain nitpick, but its a really really big deal and the cause of non-contact knee blowups.. look up "valgus collapse in athletes".. his is very very very bad.. the knees should be driving outward without compromising at the foot.. this is on every single movement possible (squat pattern, hinge (deadlift pattern), sprinting.. single leg -- everything)

source: I used to work under one of Nike's PTs

i really wish he signed with nike.. their training staff is absolutely loaded.. the best in the industry (gray cook, charlie weingroff, etc)

adidas does not have the best track record with their athletes (not that he seems to be training with them anyway)

non-contact knee injury #1 for porzingis

i will say it again, non-contact knee injuries are 100% preventable.. whether the athlete is 7'3 or 5'3.. his knee mechanics during training are again, some of the worst i have ever seen in a ~ten year career working with athletes

when you are done contacting your local congressman for net neutrality, do me a favor and contact the knicks to hire me
#notserious#okiamserious#hewillnevergethurtagain

did his knee blow here? no, but the issue is, it could have because he has that pattern running on auto-program (a collapsed knee) .. being 7'3 only exacerbates the initial issue (but isn't the cause)

hes also has had a bad achilles, something that also goes hand in hand with working with a subpar trainer (to put it nicely)

not posting for attention, posting because this guy has HOF potential and he won't make it to 30 at this rate.. and it is such an easy issue to fix
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#134 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:07 am

IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#135 » by IAmTheBest » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:23 am

bringinhinkie wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:He's going to be throwing dudes out of the paint this season like Uncle Phil did Jeff.

they need to fix that knee collapse.. knee collapse + weight coming down = bye bye acl/mcl.. and im not trying to sound like captain nitpick, but its a really really big deal and the cause of non-contact knee blowups.. look up "valgus collapse in athletes".. his is very very very bad.. the knees should be driving outward without compromising at the foot.. this is on every single movement possible (squat pattern, hinge (deadlift pattern), sprinting.. single leg -- everything)

i really wish he signed with nike.. their training staff is absolutely loaded.. the best in the industry (gray cook, charlie weingroff, etc)

adidas does not have the best track record with their athletes (not that he seems to be training with them anyway)

i will say it again, non-contact knee injuries are 100% preventable.. whether the athlete is 7'3 or 5'3.. his knee mechanics during training are again, some of the worst i have ever seen in a ~ten year career working with athletes

when you are done contacting your local congressman for net neutrality, do me a favor and contact the knicks to hire me

did his knee blow here? no, but the issue is, it could have because he has that pattern running on auto-program (a collapsed knee) .. being 7'3 only exacerbates the initial issue (but isn't the cause)

hes also has had a bad achilles, something that also goes hand in hand with working with a subpar trainer (to put it nicely)

not posting for attention, posting because this guy has HOF potential and he won't make it to 30 at this rate.. and it is such an easy issue to fix

great post. it's something ive noticed as well

Porzingis seems to have a very weak core - specifically, what i suspect to be weak multifidus and gluteus medius muscles. Hence the propensity for valgus tendencies, the reason he cannot handle being bodied hard, why he has trouble boxing out, etc. Even if you look at the way he runs down the court the mechanics are off due to what looks like a weak core - forward carriage and hunched back, relatively small stride length with minimal leg extension, and decreased arm swing.

Based on what I saw of the injury and his reaction after the injury during the game, I think he damaged his meniscus. they probably kept him out of the game to re-evaluate later and see if imaging is warranted.

I didnt realize he had a bad achilles though. that's very interesting and like you said is something easily fixable by maintaining proper muscle balance and gait during training.

I dont think his training has been that bad though. What is the guy supposed to do? He is naturally very skinny, extremely lanky, incredibly tall, and not muscular. He is not exactly physically gifted. all I saw him really doing this summer was work on his core.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#136 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:30 am

IAmTheBest wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:

Porzingis seems to have a very weak core - specifically, what i suspect to be weak multifidus and gluteus medius muscles. Hence the propensity for valgus tendencies, the reason he cannot handle being bodied hard, why he has trouble boxing out, etc. Even if you look at the way he runs down the court the mechanics are off due to what looks like a weak core - forward carriage and hunched back, relatively small stride length with minimal leg extension, and decreased arm swing.

Based on what I saw of the injury and his reaction after the injury during the game, I think he damaged his meniscus. they probably kept him out of the game to re-evaluate later and see if imaging is warranted.

I didnt realize he had a bad achilles though. that's very interesting and like you said is something easily fixable by maintaining proper muscle balance and gait during training.

I dont think his training has been that bad though. What is the guy supposed to do? He is naturally very skinny, extremely lanky, incredibly tall, and not muscular. He is not exactly physically gifted. all I saw him really doing this summer was work on his core.

lateral band variations to get rid of the collapse, build up glute med/glute min, and much much more.. there is so much he could do.. look at his workouts -- everything is mechanical incorrect ..

hes literally training movements that cause injuries .. look at how his knees collapse on that bench press.. ive never seen anything like it.. those feet should be planted with the knees driving out with max effort.. they are literally collapsing each rep

honest to God i could fix him in 2 weeks .. will never happen, but i could
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#137 » by IAmTheBest » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:33 am

bringinhinkie wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:

lateral band variations to get rid of the collapse, build up glute med/glute min, and much much more.. there is so much he could do.. look at his workouts -- everything is mechanical incorrect ..

hes literally training movements that cause injuries .. look at how his knees collapse on that bench press.. ive never seen anything like it.. those feet should be planted with the knees driving out with max effort.. they are literally collapsing each rep

i thought he was doing stuff like lateral band variations and glute workouts and other core workouts. if not i guess i was wrong

his benchpress form is god awful yeah

probably would take longer than two weeks i know what you mean. Hopefully someone from the Knicks lurks this forum and reads your post
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#138 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:39 am

IAmTheBest wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:

i thought he was doing stuff like lateral band variations and glute workouts and other core workouts. if not i guess i was wrong

his benchpress form is god awful yeah

probably would take longer than two weeks i know what you mean. Hopefully someone from the Knicks lurks this forum and reads your post

ill put it this way.. he was attempting to do stuff that would help, if done correctly.. (e.g., strict RDL/hinge variations which are otherwise money athletically)

but the execution is like a 2/10 at best.. its sad because he doesn't know.. it isn't his fault, hes a baller, not a trainer/PT.. and this is rampant in pro sports, but this one is exceptionally bad and exacerbated because hes the knicks superstar and 7'3..

it sucks to watch because he is so damn good and has literally everything else.. the fire, the motor, the confidence.. everything

gotta sleep, i'll let you know if dolan hits me up in the AM :lol:
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#139 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Feb 7, 2018 1:56 am

bringinhinkie wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:

hate to be that guy, but non-contact knee injury #2 for porzingis

same knee, same collapse

i told people this was inevitable once I saw his workouts.. everyone shrugged it off, and STILL will say "oh, those 7 footers and their knees"

newwwwwwwwwwwwwp .. this is a result of terrible strength and conditioning and nothing more ..

awful awful awful
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,136

Post#140 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 3, 2019 12:09 am

Bumpity bump!

Return to New York Knicks