ImageImageImageImageImage

Floyd mayweather vs Connor mcgregor

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,437

Re: Floyd mayweather vs Connor mcgregor 

Post#161 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:00 am

camillepd wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:And being Liberal doesn't mean a got damn thing. Both parties are Wings on the same got damn bird. Liberals are probably worse since they act like your friends but then pass laws that keep blacks subsiervent.

It's been said that many white liberals are covert racists anyways.

As a liberal who supports the Black Lives Matter movement, please explain all this to me.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#162 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:07 am

Anybody else old enough to remember this?

NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#163 » by NoStatsGuy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:35 am

some people just love being the victim and point fingers.. easy way out
im bout dat action boss
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#164 » by DowNY » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:29 am

Gonna be funny to see these guys become business partners after all of this is over.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#165 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:44 am

It's pretty obvious these guys are using the race stuff to sell this fight. This is a reflection of current times...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#166 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:08 am

Are they boxing or MMA?
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#167 » by Hemispheres » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:39 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:It's pretty obvious these guys are using the race stuff to sell this fight. This is a reflection of current times...

Yup. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if after each of these conferences they are laughing it up and hugging it out as they make fun of all the cattle they are tricking into handing them over hundreds of millions of dollars to see an exhibition match.
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#168 » by Hemispheres » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:39 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Are they boxing or MMA?

Boxing.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#169 » by j4remi » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:48 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
camillepd wrote:What else did Connor say that might be seen as racist? Connor called black boxers Rocky 3 "Dancing monkeys." Besides addressing Mayweather as "boy" who "looks like a breakdancer." Connor went on to explain that he is part black "from the navel down" and began gyrating his pelvis feigning the sexual act "for the black women out there." Yes Connor is outrageous and obviously very racist as well.

I don't know if he's a racist. But he's saying racist stuff. To sell the fight? With Mayweather's blessing? Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. I heard stuff that they actually like each other. :dontknow:

That's where I'm at. I don't know that he's racist, but he's said some racist ish and it's not excusable (although to be fair to the poster that mentioned it, there really are clips of Conor calling 4 or 5 white and spanish opponents boy in fight build ups). I do think these two are just running game to sell the fight though, apparently they shared a private jet at least from NY to London which means right after the "most heated" presser they jumped on a jet together for a long trip to another continent. I believe these dudes are just selling controversy, it feels super contrived and scripted, but I think that actually might make it even worse.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#170 » by camillepd » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
camillepd wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:And being Liberal doesn't mean a got damn thing. Both parties are Wings on the same got damn bird. Liberals are probably worse since they act like your friends but then pass laws that keep blacks subsiervent.

It's been said that many white liberals are covert racists anyways.

As a liberal who supports the Black Lives Matter movement, please explain all this to me.

Then you should ask some black friends. Because in my lifetime, I have run to many so-called white liberals who hide their true feelings and true agenda, only to find out while they may be liberal in terms of feminism or gay matters, when it comes to race, they are no different than David Duke.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#171 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:54 pm

camillepd wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
camillepd wrote:It's been said that many white liberals are covert racists anyways.

Then you should ask some black friends. Because in my lifetime, I have run to many so-called white liberals who hide their true feelings and true agenda, only to find out while they may be liberal in terms of feminism or gay matters, when it comes to race, they are no different than David Duke.

I know a lot of white people - democrats and republicans - who are racists or don't truly support racial equality, sure. But progressives, to me, are different. I guess I see a big difference between neoliberalism and progressivism. Damn, I almost got into a fight with a retired cop at my good friend's party last summer because he called African Americans "a bunch of animals." Trust me, we're out there fighting the good fight.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#172 » by mugzi » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:01 pm

This fight is gonna be a joke. Floyd never gets hit and jabs his way to victory. Connor won't even get close. His hit percentage is going to be low teens if he's lucky. Props to both for the money grab.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#173 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:07 pm

mugzi wrote:This fight is gonna be a joke. Floyd never gets hit and jabs his way to victory. Connor won't even get close. His hit percentage is going to be low teens if he's lucky. Props to both for the money grab.

I think they will weight their options.

Considering this is all big money grabbing circus, if they will come to conclusion that letting Connor stay with Floyd a couple of round, maybe even land some hit, so it looks close, will be enough for people to pay for round two.. They will do it.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#174 » by mugzi » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:10 pm

I'm tempted just to drop a C note on Connor in a prop bet because of the odds. Nothing would surprise me though, if Floyd got knocked out the rematch would be for double the money.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#175 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:14 pm

I mean, for Floyd to allow Connor to knock him out..

I know Floyd is a businessman :lol: , but man, that would be hit to his legacy for sure.

The would both make a bank on a rematch, though.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,945

Post#176 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:30 am

camillepd wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
camillepd wrote:It's been said that many white liberals are covert racists anyways.

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

I don't think it's just the closet racist liberals (of which there are many). It's also the group who are liberal, are really well-meaning, pat themselves on the back for being "right," but really don't do anything to help, and won't do anything to help. Those are the worst.
Rotten Apple
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Post#177 » by Rotten Apple » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:39 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
mugzi wrote:This fight is gonna be a joke. Floyd never gets hit and jabs his way to victory. Connor won't even get close. His hit percentage is going to be low teens if he's lucky. Props to both for the money grab.

I think they will weight their options.

Considering this is all big money grabbing circus, if they will come to conclusion that letting Connor stay with Floyd a couple of round, maybe even land some hit, so it looks close, will be enough for people to pay for round two.. They will do it.

Nah there wont be a part 2.

Once they get into that ring Floyd is going to box circles around McGregor and that's it.

The fight has nothing to do with the money, the money will be made already.
Rotten Apple
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Post#178 » by Rotten Apple » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:39 am

Also.

Yeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#179 » by Cookies4Life » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:17 am

ChaosHamster wrote:I mean, for Floyd to allow Connor to knock him out..

I know Floyd is a businessman :lol: , but man, that would be hit to his legacy for sure.

The would both make a bank on a rematch, though.

Floyd's legacy is more important to him than the money if anyone can actually believe that.

He marketed himself since the DLH fight through his undefeated record. It was the element about him that helped promote him into the biggest PPV star in boxing (that and his antagonistic demeanor.)

He won't let anyone knock him out, let alone hit him flush. Even though McGregor has very basic boxing skills (amateurish at best,) he does have a very strong left hand, good counterpunching ability with overall good timing. A flush shot from him could definitely hurt Jr, and I can't imagine he'd allow himself to be susceptible to getting hit flush by anything from Mac.

There's a couple boxers that Floyd can fight with minimal risk attached to it that will yield him a 9 figure payday. If he really wants another 100+ million dollar check after this bout, a rematch with either Canelo or Manny Pacman (as long as he gets through a rematch with Horn,) would get him his quota.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#180 » by N8isScofield » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:10 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
N8isScofield wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:LOL @ because he is Irish.

Calling a black man "boy" and telling him dance for me is something that would not be unique to america.Also like a Irish man never called a black man "boy" in that manner.

I also guess the Monkeys in the Gym in Rocky is not racist as well. I wonder where he picked up calling us Monkeys from. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Talk to me after you've set foot in Ireland. I have. My skin is unmistakably brown. Zero problems whatsoever.

Spoken like some random black dude who says he never experienced racism in america. Well guess what... to many have and can attest that it exists. I could careless about your singular experience as any kinda of "proof"

Except that my actual singular experience of actually being in the country is more valuable than any anecdotal experience you can source from the internet. Who has a better idea of what pregnancy is like? Women or a man who read about it? Sit down.

Return to New York Knicks