CDior510
Junior
And1: 105

Re: NFC East 

Post#521 » by CDior510 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:26 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
CDior510 wrote:
TO Wanted the ball and to be the show. Odell is just seeming like he wants to be the show he believes he has the ball. Also despite his antics, I have a hard time putting many receivers over TO. I'm from the Belichick mold sometimes your talent outweighs your negatives if you're performing, Odell is now on the fence with me after this playoff game. We didn't play well enough as a team to win, but he had some crucial drops and his whole demeanor that day pissed me off.

Regardless... distractions and "Me First" attitudes kill teams. That was the problem with TO... and is the problem with OBJ. Gonna be a tough decision the Giants will need to make when it's contract time. Me - I let him walk.

Should get even more interesting when Marshall starts whining and wanting the ball more.

I love the guy and I know he's turned the corner, but I have never known Brandon Marshall to take a backseat to another #1 receiver. I really doubt OBJ let's him be the leader causing a rift between the team. Some things look and sound good on paper, but it's when it comes to practice and practicality they fail.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#522 » by Mr B » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:34 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
CDior510 wrote:
TO Wanted the ball and to be the show. Odell is just seeming like he wants to be the show he believes he has the ball. Also despite his antics, I have a hard time putting many receivers over TO. I'm from the Belichick mold sometimes your talent outweighs your negatives if you're performing, Odell is now on the fence with me after this playoff game. We didn't play well enough as a team to win, but he had some crucial drops and his whole demeanor that day pissed me off.

Regardless... distractions and "Me First" attitudes kill teams. That was the problem with TO... and is the problem with OBJ. Gonna be a tough decision the Giants will need to make when it's contract time. Me - I let him walk.

Should get even more interesting when Marshall starts whining and wanting the ball more.

Or if Marshall stops taking his meds. I'm actually being serious too. Marshall is an alpha and if he's not on his meds and OBJ is acting a fool, OBJ better watch out. Marshall will break him in half.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#523 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:38 am

And he still has his weekly radio show still, doesn't he?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#524 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:48 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Or if Marshall stops taking his meds. I'm actually being serious too. Marshall is an alpha and if he's not on his meds and OBJ is acting a fool, OBJ better watch out. Marshall will break him in half.

I get the feeling Eli is gonna get hurt this year after listening to the many giant fans around here so far this spring and summer. If that happens, it might be a nightmare year for them.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#525 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Enjoy your last year of Cousins, Redskins fans...

Read on Twitter
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#526 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 am

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#527 » by Mr B » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:52 pm

Hahaha
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#528 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Read on Twitter

This guy! :lol: :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#529 » by Mr B » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Anyone notice that Zeke's name wasn't mention anywhere in the police report?
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#530 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 pm

If zeke gets suspend , I have cowboys with 3-1 starting out. Still the favorites.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#531 » by blazza18 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:55 pm

Dallas going up against some possible pretty legit defences that first month.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
CDior510
Junior

Post#532 » by CDior510 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:21 pm

I do not believe OBJ should be the highest paid player. Sure he's a tremendous 1 on 1 receiver, top 5, possibly top 3, but he shouldn't make more than guys better than him, or elite QB's.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#533 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:38 pm

CDior510 wrote:I do not believe OBJ should be the highest paid player. Sure he's a tremendous 1 on 1 receiver, top 5, possibly top 3, but he shouldn't make more than guys better than him, or elite QB's.

On behalf of the rest of the NFC East fandom I hope he cripples your salary cap.

:rock:
CDior510
Junior

Post#534 » by CDior510 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
CDior510 wrote:I do not believe OBJ should be the highest paid player. Sure he's a tremendous 1 on 1 receiver, top 5, possibly top 3, but he shouldn't make more than guys better than him, or elite QB's.

On behalf of the rest of the NFC East fandom I hope he cripples your salary cap.

I loved Big Blue through the good times, and I've loved them through the bad times, just some things I'm really star hate about this generation of sports. I hate the media, I hate that 45% of all athletes are not necessarily passionate about the sport they play just took the route towards the check. I hate that ESPN no longer cares about sports, and only caters to sports "Stories" that draw in casual uncaring fans, such as the Ball Family, or the ballplayer who said the word ****/gay, PEDs running rampant. I hate this superiority complex we create in new stars. Roger Staubach fought a war came home, worked in grocery stores and played football. OBJ parties with negligent disresepectful rappers, travels to Miami a week before the biggest game of his life to date and dropped a easy touchdown and some great looks.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#535 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 pm

CDior510 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I loved Big Blue through the good times, and I've loved them through the bad times, just some things I'm really star hate about this generation of sports. I hate the media, I hate that 45% of all athletes are not necessarily passionate about the sport they play just took the route towards the check. I hate that ESPN no longer cares about sports, and only caters to sports "Stories" that draw in casual uncaring fans, such as the Ball Family, or the ballplayer who said the word ****/gay, PEDs running rampant. I hate this superiority complex we create in new stars. Roger Staubach fought a war came home, worked in grocery stores and played football. OBJ parties with negligent disresepectful rappers, travels to Miami a week before the biggest game of his life to date and dropped a easy touchdown and some great looks.

Which is why I'm more and more a massive Dak Prescott fan.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=181&p=57907181#wrap
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#536 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:20 pm

I'll just leave this here...

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#537 » by Mr B » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:16 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I'll just leave this here...

Read on Twitter

He's looked pretty good! Much better than I expected. We still need to see him do it in a live game though. I wonder if he's playing Thursday? I would not be surprised or upset if they waited until the 2nd preseason game to put him out there.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#538 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:41 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:I'll just leave this here...

Read on Twitter

He's looked pretty good! Much better than I expected. We still need to see him do it in a live game though. I wonder if he's playing Thursday? I would not be surprised or upset if they waited until the 2nd preseason game to put him out there.

I'd give him a series. That's about it. Let him get his feet wet then get him out of there.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#539 » by shawn_hemp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:35 pm

Yeah I hate when any position besides a QB thinks they should be the highest paid player in football

it would be unfair to put huge amounts of pressure on QB's to perform well (ie: blake bortles), only to turn around and not reward them for having the most pressure put on them.

OBJ can get away with his antics and shenanigans on the field and sidelines because he is a WR, there is no QB in the league who would act like that because they are supposed to be the face of the franchise.

I guess Cam Newton can be a little showboaty (not a word but you know) sometimes, but I feel like the Panthers as an organization seem to almost encourage that since a lot of guys on their team were throwing dabs and such during their SB year.

and say what you want about Joe Flacco, but he made some real clutch throws during the Ravens SB run in 2013. Especially that one against the Broncos (who I thought would have also won the SB if they beat the Ravens)

youd have to go back 15 years to the Buccaneers team with Brad Johnson to find a team with an average QB winning it all. Trent Dilfer the year before that on the Ravens as well. (sorry, that was 2 years apart actually)

those teams also had 2 of the all time greatest defenses so there's also that...
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#540 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:24 am

No position on a football team has near the pressure on it that the QB has. None. The only position that come close in any sport is at goalie in hockey. You can hide a lot of ills on your team. You can't hide a bad QB.

OBJ can think he's worth being the highest paid player. But he would be wrong.

Return to The General NFL Board