ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#441 » by GONYK » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Capn'O wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Well, he's playing. When Frank was playing and nobody else was everyone loved him :lol:

When players on other teams are having good games, the Around the League thread is where that is discussed.

This is a really great point.

If only there were some group or body that could start enforcing that. XOXO.

:lol:

This is the calm before the storm
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#442 » by ChaosHamster » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Scariest part is, I think there are a bunch of people who aren't even expressing their hate because they hope Frank will light it up when they will have a chance to see him play..

And when that doesn't happen.. then the real hate will start. :evil:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#443 » by Capn'O » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:47 pm

GONYK wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
GONYK wrote:
When players on other teams are having good games, the Around the League thread is where that is discussed.

I just gave the "move posts" tool a whirl. Neat tool.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#444 » by Amsterdam » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:57 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:That dunk was going to be crazyyyy sick.

Saying that, him chasing down the ref complaining about the non-call right after, was not a good look. An early complainer?

he's always had that type of attitude. We might be the only board strongly sucking off another teams player, i understand acknowledging dennis for his success so far but why in a frank thread thats meant to be for frank. Yall can go to the around the NBA thread and do it there better yet the NBA General board or even the mavs board. My favorite pick mitchell has been ballin out too but im not in the frank thread flexing it around. 1- it is summer league, 2- He isnt a knick and 3- we havent even seen frank play over here yet.

Because it all gets started by the armchair GMs here. They come to blow their horns about how they wanted DSJ, in order to keep their little egos afloat.

Frank us our guy and DSJ is the fkn enemy. He's nice and a pat on the back for coming back from injury, that's all he gets from me.

This is like imaging that person that got away, now 10 years later your masturbating under your covers on them, yuck.
Grow the fk up already.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,196

Post#445 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:59 pm

People care about offense too much and get "dazzled" by it. Defense is very important and Frank will probably turn out to be the superior defender by a lot over Smith Jr
FlashFlood
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#446 » by FlashFlood » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:47 pm

All things being what they are, I believe Dennis is going to get more highlights and better numbers this year. He's got elite athleticism and terrific finishing ability at the rim (based on his highlights), whereas Frank strikes me as having better physical attributes but more of an all-around game. Systemically, you can build around a near elite skill set like Dennis has, whereas Frank seems like he has to grow into a role.

TLDR; Frank's going to have a career in the NBA but there's always going to be questions about who the Knicks should have picked when Dennis starts putting up numbers.

However, Dennis has an injury history, and the narrative changes completely when he misses one game.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#447 » by Meat » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:28 pm

FlashFlood wrote:All things being what they are, I believe Dennis is going to get more highlights and better numbers this year. He's got elite athleticism and terrific finishing ability at the rim (based on his highlights), whereas Frank strikes me as having better physical attributes but more of an all-around game. Systemically, you can build around a near elite skill set like Dennis has, whereas Frank seems like he has to grow into a role.

TLDR; Frank's going to have a career in the NBA but there's always going to be questions about who the Knicks should have picked when Dennis starts putting up numbers.

However, Dennis has an injury history, and the narrative changes completely when he misses one game.

nah, even if frank turns out to be a 6th man as long as the knicks start winning nobody'll care
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#448 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:50 pm

Man you guys like to beat subjects to death
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
donkki
Analyst
And1: 544

Post#449 » by donkki » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 am

Not exactly Frank-related but just heads up for those looking forward to seeing young future european talents play: U20 Eurobasket starts today in Greece and FIBA provides free streams for all games.

http://www.fiba.com/europe/u20/2017
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#450 » by denterprise » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:54 pm

It is going to be fun watching our guy develop over the next few years. He is fundamentally sound, smart and yes he does have his flaws, which is why he dropped to us, but his flaws are fixable. Remember people this is an 18 year old kid that played with and against men in a pro league. We are going to be very happy with him, lets enjoy the process.

Our guy is outstanding defensively and will get better:

Our guy is a good passer and will get better. He is going to make mistakes but with proper development and experience he will become a fantastic passer. KP and THJ are going to love him:

Our guy can shoot! He has nice form and will get better.

No need to be concerned with who we did not get or passed on, he is our man. The last time we had a guard that could defend, pass and shoot was Clyde, who also had a very deliberate style. I know we have said this with others but Frank may be the only one smart enough to actually listen and take advice from Clyde. Like the KP pick we are going to be very happy!
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#451 » by robillionaire » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:42 am

DSJ 3 pts on 1-6, certified bust
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#452 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:35 am

Capn'O wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I just gave the "move posts" tool a whirl. Neat tool.

You guys wield way too much power.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#453 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:37 am

robillionaire wrote:DSJ 3 pts on 1-6, certified bust

You should've seen the two shots he threw up back to back. One was a Shved-like floater that missed everything and on the next possession he split two defenders at the top of the 3 pt line while trying to draw the foul and threw up an air ball. Disgusting.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,285

Post#454 » by RHODEY » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:00 am

denterprise wrote:It is going to be fun watching our guy develop over the next few years. He is fundamentally sound, smart and yes he does have his flaws, which is why he dropped to us, but his flaws are fixable. Remember people this is an 18 year old kid that played with and against men in a pro league. We are going to be very happy with him, lets enjoy the process.

Our guy is a good passer and will get better. He is going to make mistakes but with proper development and experience he will become a fantastic passer. KP and THJ are going to love him:

No need to be concerned with who we did not get or passed on, he is our man. The last time we had a guard that could defend, pass and shoot was Clyde, who also had a very deliberate style. I know we have said this with others but Frank may be the only one smart enough to actually listen and take advice from Clyde. Like the KP pick we are going to be very happy!

For all we know once Franks gets through puberty he coukd turn into a clone of this Dude..

Then we be like "Dennis Who?" :D
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#455 » by WajaBawl » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:01 pm

What's the deal with Frank right now anyway? Feel like we haven't heard/seen anything from him in a while, is he in NY right now working out or is he still in France?
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#456 » by Triple C » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Read on Twitter

reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#457 » by reub » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:48 pm

denterprise wrote:It is going to be fun watching our guy develop over the next few years. He is fundamentally sound, smart and yes he does have his flaws, which is why he dropped to us, but his flaws are fixable. Remember people this is an 18 year old kid that played with and against men in a pro league. We are going to be very happy with him, lets enjoy the process.

Thanks, Phil!
Dkillanyk4lyf
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,625

Post#458 » by Dkillanyk4lyf » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love it. Let them keep doubting him.

He is taking down names.

He's coming for that a**

#BELIEVEINPERRY!!!!!
Woodshed 1914
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#459 » by Woodshed 1914 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:34 pm

I like DS Jr. as a player but could care less about him at this time. My only concern is Frank's knee. I'd rather hand him the keys than run with a veteran PG that's barely hanging on in the Lg. PG market is looking like the Sahara desert right now. Unless we trade for one.
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#460 » by Amsterdam » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:37 pm

WajaBawl wrote:What's the deal with Frank right now anyway? Feel like we haven't heard/seen anything from him in a while, is he in NY right now working out or is he still in France?

Getting ready for a 2017 Braodway grand opening.

Return to New York Knicks