Luc Mbah A Moute To the Rockets

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

urgal
Rookie
And1: 1,876

Re: Luc Mbah A Moute To the Rockets 

Post#21 » by urgal » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 pm

JGOJustin wrote:This will be an underrated get for Houston. What an awesome get for Hou.

Most underrated defender in the league and should have been an all NBA defender this past season. Excellent open 3 point shooter, excellent cutter, and defenders 1 through 4 fluidly.

Not even Morey himself is that excited about him.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,894

Re: RE: Re: Luc Mbah A Moute To the Rockets 

Post#22 » by K_chile22 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:58 pm

Lost Angel wrote:do they only have the minimum left?

Yup. Used MLE on Tucker and BAE on Black
ZombieKilla
Rookie
And1: 1,085

Post#23 » by ZombieKilla » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Lost Angel wrote:do they only have the minimum left?

I believe so. They used the BAE on Tarik Black.

They also have a few non-guaranteed contracts they can piece together for up to about a MLE level player in a trade, but there is a time limit on those.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#24 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Surprised he chose Houston at minimum and not to remain in LA where he loved it. Maybe he was super close with CP3?
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#25 » by K_chile22 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:08 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Surprised he chose Houston at minimum and not to remain in LA where he loved it. Maybe he was super close with CP3?

He makes a little more because taxes, but I have a hard time believing no one was offering the Tax Payer MLE or the Room MLE
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#26 » by 12footrim » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:23 pm

gmoney411 wrote:
ZombieKilla wrote:Solid 10 player rotation at the moment (Nene and Black will share backup C duties)

Rockets just need a backup PG/4th Guard.

C - Capela, Nene, Black
PF - Anderson, Moute
SF - Ariza, Tucker
SG - Harden, Gordon
PG - Paul

Not sure there would be any minutes for a backup PG. Paul and Harden will be the backup for each other. That's essentially the way it worked with Bev last year.

That's not even accounting for Shawn Long who had a 24 Player Eff Rating and can play both post positions. I would really love to see him get a chance.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#27 » by Revived » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:35 pm

I can't believe they got him for the minimum.

Him and Andre Roberson are very similar players aka very good defensively but trash offensively and yet Presti paid Roberson $10M/yr over 3 years.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#28 » by og15 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:36 pm

JGOJustin wrote:This will be an underrated get for Houston. What an awesome get for Hou.

Most underrated defender in the league and should have been an all NBA defender this past season. Excellent open 3 point shooter, excellent cutter, and defenders 1 through 4 fluidly.

I think it would be more accurate for us to say "above average" very open corner 3PT shooter. Luc was taking about 2 3PA/36, his volume was super low because he can basically only take them when he's wide open. His 39% 3PT based on how open his 3PT shots were is not really that good compared to how well other guys shoot on similarly open 3PT shots. Everything else though is true, really loved the guys defense, I was hoping he would be back, but it is what it is.

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Surprised he chose Houston at minimum and not to remain in LA where he loved it. Maybe he was super close with CP3?
I posted in the Clippers forum that just randomly a couple of days ago I was thinking to myself that CP is going to end up getting Houston to bring Luc on. They had a very good connection on cuts, some of CP's best passes were made to a cutting Luc, and Paul was always praising his defense. I'm sad to see him go. Some Clippers fans hated on him because he was thrust into a starting role due to this teams lack of depth, and he could only provide so much on offense and shrunk the floor, but he was such a versatile and solid defensive player. I also don't know if I ever noticed Mbah complain about a call, did you? Guy just went out there and did all the little things, could guard the 1-4, has such great lateral quickness, and last season, he even sort of developed that corner 3PT shot at least marginally.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#29 » by og15 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:44 pm

ZombieKilla wrote:Solid 10 player rotation at the moment (Nene and Black will share backup C duties)

C - Capela, Nene, Black
PF - Anderson, Moute
SF - Ariza, Tucker
SG - Harden, Gordon
PG - Paul

I think Tucker would be more suitable as a small 4 and Luc as a 3 in the rotation, so those two would probably be switched. Sad Houston got him over the Clippers, though I don't know if the Clippers were still looking to bring him back anymore.

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I thought he was a good to great defender last year but for some reason he couldn't even bother Joe Johnson in the first round. He scored at will against any clipper including luc

Yes! Joe Johnson was not able to be contained by any Clippers defender. Clippers needed someone like PJ Tucker maybe to contain JJ in that series, he just out muscled everyone, it was so sad.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#30 » by InWestWeTrust » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Hadn't seen their depth. If it was even in question, they are the second best team in the west. Top tier
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#31 » by MaxRider » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:49 pm

SF - Ariza, Tucker, Mbah a Moute
that is super stack at SF already and you're talking Harden or Gordon may play some SF when they need more offense
is Mbah a Moute going to play primary at PF like Shawn Marion did for MDA in Phoenix?
why I have this feeling Morey is going to trade Capela and Ariza for Melo?
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,468

Post#32 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:50 pm

He won't have the same impact in HOU as LAC because he won't be getting as many minutes even as he did in his role with LAC (not near 30MPG), off the bench, and Mike D'Antoni won't play him enough unless he becomes such a lights out shooter and fast-break scorer.. and, he'll be rarely seen in the playoffs outside of foul trouble.

However, this is a solid depth signing for Houston in case someone goes down or gets into foul trouble in the regular rotation.

Would of been better on the Spurs.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#33 » by The_Hater » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:53 pm

ZombieKilla wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:

C - Capela, Nene, Black
PF - Anderson, Moute
SF - Ariza, Tucker
SG - Harden, Gordon
PG - Paul

Not sure there would be any minutes for a backup PG. Paul and Harden will be the backup for each other. That's essentially the way it worked with Bev last year.

They have to have someone in case Harden, Paul or Gordon get injured.
Taylor and Brown are not ready.
This will also enable them to rest the top 3 guards more.
Remember how bad Tyler Ennis was?
He was unplayable if the game was competitive.

They currently have other players under contract other than the 10 players listed above including PG Isaiah Taylor.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
norcocredo
Rookie
And1: 1,431

Post#34 » by norcocredo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:00 am

Nice pickup. Would like to see if CP3 and Harden can figure out how to play together. If so, they are probably the second best team in the west. Still won't beat a healthy Warriors team. I'm still not convinced CP3 and Harden won't choke.
ZombieKilla
Rookie
And1: 1,085

Post#35 » by ZombieKilla » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 am

The_Hater wrote:
ZombieKilla wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:

They currently have other players under contract other than the 10 players listed above including PG Isaiah Taylor.

I did say rotation guys.

Taylor, Qi, Onuaku and Oliver are all signed but none are likely to crack the regular rotation. Troy Williams and Bobby Brown will also possibly be signed. 17 spots including the 2 two-way player spots.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#36 » by The_Hater » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 am

ZombieKilla wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
ZombieKilla wrote:

I did say rotation guys.

Taylor, Qi, Onuaku and Oliver are all signed but none are likely to crack the regular rotation. Troy Williams and Bobby Brown will also possibly be signed. 17 spots including the 2 two-way player spots.

Teams don't generally go out of their way to carry rotation level players on the end of their bench, it's not the best use of payroll. If there's a long term injury to one of the rotation players then you review.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#37 » by red96 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:12 am

MaxRider wrote:SF - Ariza, Tucker, Mbah a Moute
that is super stack at SF already and you're talking Harden or Gordon may play some SF when they need more offense
is Mbah a Moute going to play primary at PF like Shawn Marion did for MDA in Phoenix?
why I have this feeling Morey is going to trade Capela and Ariza for Melo?

Do not speak and bring life to such foul and grotesque ideas.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#38 » by Beethoven » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:14 am

power shift
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#39 » by Dupp » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 am

Only the min? **** cavs doing nothing smh.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#40 » by K_chile22 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 am

Dupp wrote:Only the min? **** cavs doing nothing smh.

That's why you don't sign guys early who will be there in September, like Calderon and Green

Return to The General Board