ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who ya wanna tank for?

Luka Doncic
54%
Marvin Bagley
11%
Michael Porter Jr
23%
Mohamed Bamba
3%
DeAndre Ayton
3%
Hamidou Diallo
1%
Kevin Knox
2%
Colin Sexton
1%
Miles Bridges
2%
Isaac Bonga
2%

Total votes: 171

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,228

Re: 2018 Draft Thread 

Post#141 » by DOT » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:02 am

Way I see it, I don't think we'll be bad enough next year to be in the running for a top 5 pick

Willy and THJ are both solid players who will be improving, and KP is at the point most players take the leap, and Frank is the X-factor

But I don't see us being good enough to make the playoffs, so I'm gonna do what I did last year and not really look at the top picks, as it would kinda be a waste of my time

So I'm gonna rock with this kid, Troy Brown Jr

6-7, 6-11 wingspan, 210 lbs, can play small forward, which is probably our biggest need considering we may keep KP at the 4 if him and Willy can play together, which is a possibility

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Troy-Brown-83152/

All-around type player, can handle the ball, high IQ, unselfish, good passer, good defensive fundamentals, one of the youngest kids in the draft (just turned 18 a couple days ago)

Big problems with him are his 3pt shooting, which is horrendous right now, as well as his explosiveness

He's not perfect, but honestly nobody where we pick is going to be, and he seems like he should be a nice fit
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,372

Post#142 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:09 am

K-DOT wrote:Way I see it, I don't think we'll be bad enough next year to be in the running for a top 5 pick

Willy and THJ are both solid players who will be improving, and KP is at the point most players take the leap, and Frank is the X-factor

But I don't see us being good enough to make the playoffs, so I'm gonna do what I did last year and not really look at the top picks, as it would kinda be a waste of my time

So I'm gonna rock with this kid, Troy Brown Jr

6-7, 6-11 wingspan, 210 lbs, can play small forward, which is probably our biggest need considering we may keep KP at the 4 if him and Willy can play together, which is a possibility

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Troy-Brown-83152/

All-around type player, can handle the ball, high IQ, unselfish, good passer, good defensive fundamentals, one of the youngest kids in the draft (just turned 18 a couple days ago)

Big problems with him are his 3pt shooting, which is horrendous right now, as well as his explosiveness

He's not perfect, but honestly nobody where we pick is going to be, and he seems like he should be a nice fit

Nice to see you're on the bandwagon

He's one of my sleeper picks
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#143 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:50 am

This draft falls off a cliff after the top 5
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,391

Post#144 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:21 am

We need to be in the top 5.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#145 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:06 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:Where would you guys rank KP in the 2018 draft? Would you trade him straight up for MPJr or Doncic?

too early for that
this season is HUGE for KP

we also need to see how porter plays in college
hopefully doncic gets more minutes next season in europe as well

KP has to average at least 10 RPG next season. Anything less than a 20/10 performance will be disappointing.

If he and his brother continue to act like b*tches I would seriously consider shipping him to Boston if the Celtics are in position to land Doncic. That team is already loaded with wings and I bet they would entertain the thoughts of having KP.

i think KP is gonna put up something like this
(also dont ask me how i got these numbers, just a educated guess :lol: )

23.4 points 8.6 rebounds 2.1 blocks

also i wouldnt worry about KP skipping exit meetings anymore. i think he did it to get phil fired (mission accomplished) :lol:

side note about bagleys arms: i see what you're saying. it does look short lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,340

Post#146 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:29 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:too early for that

KP has to average at least 10 RPG next season. Anything less than a 20/10 performance will be disappointing.

If he and his brother continue to act like b*tches I would seriously consider shipping him to Boston if the Celtics are in position to land Doncic. That team is already loaded with wings and I bet they would entertain the thoughts of having KP.

also i wouldnt worry about KP skipping exit meetings anymore. i think he did it to get phil fired (mission accomplished) :lol:

I think Porter has similar wingspan issues. :lol:

With MPJr though, he could effectively play at SF therefore still having that length advantage.

For Bagley, his length is just average at best at the PF position. Nice set of skills though.
NYKnicksFTW
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#147 » by NYKnicksFTW » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:01 am

Just get a top-5 pick in next year's draft (Doncic, Porter Jr., Ayton or Bamba), get a top-5 pick in 2019 so we can get one of Zion Williamson, RJ Barrett or Marvin Bagley III and we'll be cooking.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#148 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:12 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:

With MPJr though, he could effectively play at SF therefore still having that length advantage.

For Bagley, his length is just average at best at the PF position. Nice set of skills though.

is it just me or does porter have a similar body/arms to KP?

also, porter needs to work on his handle and shot creating skills

i noticed that when he cant create anything, he just fades away (kinda like KP). fortunately, his length is why he gets away with it. no one can block it

bagley reminds me Micheal beasley also. micheal beasley without the weed :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#149 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:41 am

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,103

Post#150 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:34 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:Where would you guys rank KP in the 2018 draft? Would you trade him straight up for MPJr or Doncic?

too early for that

lol, Phil's gone. Get over it. I'm glad KP acted like a ****, cause that trash triangle chief was ruining our team.

When you have bad leadership, that's what you get. Think DeMarcus Cousins would act him in Sacramento if the Kings management was competent? Or did his actions make sense, considering all the trade rumors, dumb draft picks, coach firings?
Worst_to_First
RealGM

Post#151 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:57 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i think KP is gonna put up something like this

i noticed that when he cant create anything, he just fades away (kinda like KP). fortunately, his length is why he gets away with it. no one can block it

Early at this point if I were forced to choose I'd go Doncic over Porter. Doncic seems to have less holes in his game if any.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#152 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:03 am

This franchise's #1 goal should be to get a top 3 draft pick. Only then will our fortunes begin to change.

I don't want any 30 win crap 8th seed again.

Give me Ron Baker at starting SG and Lance Thomas as starting SF and let's go for that tank.
Worst_to_First
RealGM

Post#153 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 am

MP4LIFE wrote:This franchise's #1 goal should be to get a top 3 draft pick. Only then will our fortunes begin to change.

I don't want any 30 win crap 8th seed again.

Give me Ron Baker at starting SG and Lance Thomas as starting SF and let's go for that tank.

Timmy as the expensive super sub?

But yes, the top guys of this draft have promising potential.
Worst_to_First
RealGM

Post#154 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 am

It's cool that Bamba is a hometown kid and has a 7'9 wingspan but I think we will regret drafting him over Ayton if given the chance to choose.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#155 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:

Early at this point if I were forced to choose I'd go Doncic over Porter. Doncic seems to have less holes in his game if any.

ive heard his D is pretty bad. that's the only flaw im aware of in donic's game

as early as it is, i think ima rock with porter. that length and skillset might be too hard to pass up. but we'll see what happens
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#156 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:24 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:It's cool that Bamba is a hometown kid and has a 7'9 wingspan but I think we will regret drafting him over Ayton if given the chance to choose.

yep
ayton > bamba

all though bamba might be the next gobert :o
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,877

Post#157 » by DaGawd » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Supposedly Marvin Bagley might reclass up to next years draft? If so he probably jumps ahead of Porter for me
BaF
Washington Wizards
RealGM
And1: 39,189

Post#158 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:58 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
Out of full transparency that vote came from me. I think I'm the only one that includes Ayton in that Porter/Doncic tier.

It's been far too long since we had two-way athletic bigs who can rebound the ball well. Ayton can be developed into that cheat-code bigman that could do anything on the court. I'm not sold on KP being a full-time Center and not ready to anoint WHG as the undisputed starter.

im with you 100%

dude looks like another version of embiid (without the health issues)

hes DEF on that same tier. i love his game

put willy as the 6th man if ayton lands in our laps. will not pass him up if doncic or porter is gone. this guy is my #3 or maybe #2. need to see more of doncic

Love Ayton, but Embiid was the better defender with better footwork on both ends at the same stage. Ayton also has motor issues. If he's there at 3, you definitely have to at least think long and hard about it...but depending on who's there, it might not be the an auto-pick.

Yeah, I'm no fan of Ayton. I don't like his defense, he has no polished offensive low post skills, and he lacks competitive fire. He can shoot tho.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Worst_to_First
RealGM

Post#159 » by Worst_to_First » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 am

2010 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:im with you 100%

put willy as the 6th man if ayton lands in our laps. will not pass him up if doncic or porter is gone. this guy is my #3 or maybe #2. need to see more of doncic

Love Ayton, but Embiid was the better defender with better footwork on both ends at the same stage. Ayton also has motor issues. If he's there at 3, you definitely have to at least think long and hard about it...but depending on who's there, it might not be the an auto-pick.

Yeah, I'm no fan of Ayton. I don't like his defense, he has no polished offensive low post skills, and he lacks competitive fire. He can shoot tho.

???????
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,877

Post#160 » by DaGawd » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 am

2010 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:im with you 100%

This is wrong bro lol
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to New York Knicks