ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#461 » by blueNorange » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:44 pm

remember this forum during brandon ennings rookie season? it'll be like that.

dennis smith might even fade like ennings because of his loser mentality.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#462 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:10 am

blueNorange wrote:remember this forum during brandon ennings rookie season? it'll be like that.

dennis smith might even fade like ennings because of his loser mentality.

Let him try his punk sh*t with Dirk. LOL
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,218

Post#463 » by KnicksGod » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:37 am

I have to admit that I kind of like Ball.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#464 » by BasicBall » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 am

KnicksGod wrote:I have to admit that I kind of like Ball.

Seems like a great guy to play with. I can see Lebron on the Lakers next season.
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#465 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:51 am

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:

Finally hear/see something about this guy...and I like it! Good to see him.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#466 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:15 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Let's wait and see what happens when things don't go smoothly for this cat. He looks like someone who sulks easily. But the physical talent is definitely there.

He's supposed to be a point guard, right? I went through the thread and saw all the praise for him, saw his box scores and went wow, and saw that video and went meh. Looked to get his shot up, took some **** ones, made some **** ones, but nothing to suggest he has vision or elite passing skills. Maybe I'm wrong, but I guess I've been spoiled by watching Ball this summer league...man, that kid has that magic touch on his passes, you can tell he's going to be a special point guard.

This guy gave me flashes of the Rose/Marbury/Francis pg type....athletically gifted, visually impaired small guard that gets assists on mostly kick outs so is labeled a point guard, but doesn't actually make guys on the floor better, but can get his 20 points. Cool.

Can't wait to see Frank....from what I've seen of him, he seems to be better at seeing where his teammates are going while dribbling, and can read movement to pass or score...this Dennis guy...seems like he just puts his head down to score.

Anyway, Frankie Nicotine? Is that his official nickname? :lol:
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#467 » by ny-n-md » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:32 am

DievsZingis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Let's wait and see what happens when things don't go smoothly for this cat. He looks like someone who sulks easily. But the physical talent is definitely there.

He's supposed to be a point guard, right? I went through the thread and saw all the praise for him, saw his box scores and went wow, and saw that video and went meh. Looked to get his shot up, took some **** ones, made some **** ones, but nothing to suggest he has vision or elite passing skills. Maybe I'm wrong, but I guess I've been spoiled by watching Ball this summer league...man, that kid has that magic touch on his passes, you can tell he's going to be a special point guard.

This guy gave me flashes of the Rose/Marbury/Francis pg type....athletically gifted, visually impaired small guard that gets assists on mostly kick outs so is labeled a point guard, but doesn't actually make guys on the floor better, but can get his 20 points. Cool.

Can't wait to see Frank....from what I've seen of him, he seems to be better at seeing where his teammates are going while dribbling, and can read movement to pass or score...this Dennis guy...seems like he just puts his head down to score.

I completely disagree on how DSJ's passing game is viewed. He actually sees open guys and makes good passes, they just can't hit the broad side of a barn. Watching the matchup vs LAL last night, you could see the difference in Ball's teammates and Smith's. Every time Ball made a pass his teammates were basically ready to shoot and get that assist for him. Plus they were lights out which makes it easier to rack up assists. Dallas is made up of trash shooters, which makes it much harder to get an assist on the books. I think with real teammates Smith's passing game will shine. He's not how he's being described. He's a pretty good passer.
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#468 » by reub » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:37 pm

DievsZingis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

His name is Frankie Knickilina, sir.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Re: RE: Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#469 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Should've tanked properly. Instead they end up with Ntilikina smh.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#470 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:51 pm

I told y'all from the first time I watched Ball that he was Jason Kidd reincarnated. Dude is a franchise player. A legit game-changer.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#471 » by Kurt Rambis » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 pm

He is a great talent.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#472 » by SmoothLefty21 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Ball is the best passer to come out of college in 20+ years. His anticipation and willingness to pass, plus his vision, is rare. Concerns about his athleticism are overblown to me in today's spread-the-floor, PnR-heavy league. He'll never be an elite scorer and will be dreadful on D but in a few years he'll likely be the best passer in the league.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#473 » by blueNorange » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:56 pm

summer league means nothing, 90% of the players participating are better off posting on this site.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#474 » by blueNorange » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:57 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:Ball is the best passer to come out of college in 20+ years. His anticipation and willingness to pass, plus his vision, is rare. Concerns about his athleticism are overblown to me in today's spread-the-floor, PnR-heavy league. He'll never be an elite scorer and will be dreadful on D but in a few years he'll likely be the best passer in the league.

rubio is still in the nba.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,495

Post#475 » by adjacent2bench » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:Ball is the best passer to come out of college in 20+ years. His anticipation and willingness to pass, plus his vision, is rare. Concerns about his athleticism are overblown to me in today's spread-the-floor, PnR-heavy league. He'll never be an elite scorer and will be dreadful on D but in a few years he'll likely be the best passer in the league.

Not tryna hype him up too much but dude may already be the best passer in the league.

Really wish we lost a few more games for this guy. Truly a franchise changer/generational talent.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#476 » by BKlutch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:45 pm

DievsZingis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

DRose, part Deux

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#477 » by BKlutch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:47 pm

2010 wrote:I told y'all from the first time I watched Ball that he was Jason Kidd reincarnated. Dude is a franchise player. A legit game-changer.

He'd be a lot easier to like if his father would just shut up for a few years.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,224

Post#478 » by Knicks Byke » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

BKlutch wrote:
2010 wrote:I told y'all from the first time I watched Ball that he was Jason Kidd reincarnated. Dude is a franchise player. A legit game-changer.

He'd be a lot easier to like if his father would just shut up for a few years.

whats harder to watch?

Lonzo's dad or Jason Kidd's son's forehead?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#479 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:49 pm

I like Ball a lot, but still don't think that comes out to be that amazing of a player. I think Fox ends up being better. Ball has issues with his jumper as when he's creating his shot, he has trouble going right off the bounce and then getting into his jumper. He relies on extra space in order to get his jumper off. Don't think NBA teams aren't picking up on this.

If he becomes Rubio with a better 3 ball, I think that's a really good player, borderline all-star.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#480 » by SmoothLefty21 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:53 pm

blueNorange wrote:

rubio is still in the nba.

Meh.

Return to New York Knicks