ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Game of Thrones

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,210

Re: OT: Game of Thrones 

Post#21 » by Knicks Byke » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 pm

yea wtf was ed sheeran doing there.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#22 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:41 pm

And wtf was that Euron`s outfit when he was talking to Cersei?

Looked like some rockstar from the 80`s..

Spoiler:
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#23 » by Fat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm

i dont want it to end :(
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#24 » by Greenie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 pm

NotPhilJackson wrote:Should be Victorian - Not Euron.. They wrote off the best Greyjoy and combined the two brothers into some weird fall out boy cover band guy. He's definitely going to bring her the dragon horn. They are setting it up for Jon & Dany to meet at Dragonstone. Probably soon. Jons gonna get word from Sam about the Dragonglass Mine and go himself. Tyrion will be the mutual third party and work something out for them two.

I do think those dragons are gonna be getting dispersed soon or new ones are gonna come into the fold. With Bran back inside the 7 Kingdoms as the three eyed raven I can see him controlling one to go into battle with. I'd expect Cersei would NEED to get a dragon from the horn to stay competitive - I kinda doubt it'll happen though.

Spoiler:
Ed Sheeran playing Ed Sheeran ruined it

Anyone can have dragons?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,000

Post#25 » by god shammgod » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 pm

very good. but when did the greyjoys becomes this big threat ? they're gonna somehow fight all the soldiers daenerys has ? that don't seem realistic.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#26 » by King of Canada » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:48 pm

poeman wrote:
King of Canada wrote:I've only watched two seasons! I've been a HUGE fan of the books since the 90s though. Some day I'll catch up on the show, but maybe not until the books are done. Books are way better than the show, and the show is pretty great. I re-read the whole series every time a new book comes out.

Lol these books aren't coming out dude...GRRM is dying before the series finishes in books. The show has surpassed the books by the way.

I know it has, but I'd expect the books to be different than the series. People have been saying that George isn't going to make it since the 90s. :lol: It's a huge issue with him.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#27 » by Polk377 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:50 pm

god shammgod wrote:very good. but when did the greyjoys becomes this big threat ? they're gonna somehow fight all the soldiers daenerys has ? that don't seem realistic.

They will likely setup a battle on the sea by Dragonstone where Euron will take someone hostage for Cersi. The Greyjoys are more like pawns that Cersi is using rather than a real big threat.
NotPhilJackson
Senior
And1: 320

Post#28 » by NotPhilJackson » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Greenie wrote:
NotPhilJackson wrote:Should be Victorian - Not Euron.. They wrote off the best Greyjoy and combined the two brothers into some weird fall out boy cover band guy. He's definitely going to bring her the dragon horn. They are setting it up for Jon & Dany to meet at Dragonstone. Probably soon. Jons gonna get word from Sam about the Dragonglass Mine and go himself. Tyrion will be the mutual third party and work something out for them two.

I do think those dragons are gonna be getting dispersed soon or new ones are gonna come into the fold. With Bran back inside the 7 Kingdoms as the three eyed raven I can see him controlling one to go into battle with. I'd expect Cersei would NEED to get a dragon from the horn to stay competitive - I kinda doubt it'll happen though.

Spoiler:
Ed Sheeran playing Ed Sheeran ruined it

Anyone can have dragons?

No but there are ways they can be acquired. In the books, there is a horn that can be blown to steal a dragons loyalty - I think it kills you or something when you blow it. I was referring to that item, as well as the Stark innate ability to warg into other animals being a factor in Bran being able to warg into a dragon considering he is the strongest warg alive. (Unless Ned is still alive, even still Bran is probably better) - If both theories play out then TECHNICALLY the three dragons can be divided between the Greyjoys, Starks & Targaryans. There is also a rumored Ice Dragon that would be cool to see - I'd assume it would belong to the army of the dead but who knows maybe Jon ends up riding that mofo into battle or somethin...
NotPhilJackson
Senior

Post#29 » by NotPhilJackson » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:51 pm

god shammgod wrote:very good. but when did the greyjoys becomes this big threat ? they're gonna somehow fight all the soldiers daenerys has ? that don't seem realistic.

Not totally off base - he's going to try and steal a dragon
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#30 » by King of Canada » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:52 pm

I always still find it VERY strange that all of this is so mainstream. I used to work in a book store in 99, and would hand sell GOT to people constantly. Kind of feels like 90s hip hop to me.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#31 » by Meat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:55 pm

King of Canada wrote:I always still find it VERY strange that all of this is so mainstream. I used to work in a book store in 99, and would hand sell GOT to people constantly. Kind of feels like 90s hip hop to me.

hahah yeah, i remember reading this in high school during our saturday D&D get togethers
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#32 » by magnumt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:55 pm

NotPhilJackson wrote:

Not totally off base - he's going to try and steal a dragon

The Greyjoys will be among Cersei's last allies and her hail Mary attempt to stop the oncoming onslaught.

The Greyjoys have also been building up too. Daenerys and Jon aren't the only ones.

The Ice Dragon will likely go to Jon or the Night's King.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Post#33 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:yea wtf was ed sheeran doing there.

Was hoping Arya took them out
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NotPhilJackson
Senior

Post#34 » by NotPhilJackson » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Still wish Victorian was leading this army (LIKE IN THE BOOKS) ... Euron is a goon
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#35 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Phil = Frey
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,719

Post#36 » by Handledatruth » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm

The Greyjoy storyline does get more important towards the end of the last book, but without "Winds of Winter" hard to know what the actual end game is. However, what is happening here is in line with the book to some degree.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#37 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
King of Canada wrote:I've only watched two seasons! I've been a HUGE fan of the books since the 90s though. Some day I'll catch up on the show, but maybe not until the books are done. Books are way better than the show, and the show is pretty great. I re-read the whole series every time a new book comes out.

You can still watch a season or two. Those when they try to fallow books closely are great.

Now its slowly turning to schit.

In last episode they added a scene with ED FREAKING SHEERAN. So cheap..

Disagree, the show has been excellent recently as they move quickly toward a conclusion.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#38 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 pm

I think that is Jamie's point. Cersei is delusional if she thinks this is the trump card.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#39 » by Marty McFly » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:01 pm

they're the best sailors in westeros, all they have is ships really. i didn't see all of dany's party arrive with her, so i think he's going to take them (theon, yara, ellaria) out for cersei.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#40 » by spaceballer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:Phil = Frey

RealGM remembers. Winter came for House Triangle.

Return to New York Knicks