ImageImage

2017 Trade Rumors Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,618

Re: 2017 Trade Rumors Thread 

Post#321 » by Gianstoppable » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:12 pm

wichmae wrote:Theres plenty to be concerned about. Minus his last few starts he's been bad and he's in a pitching friendly division. Im not on board with what the cost is going to be.

Prospects are concerning too, you do realize they don't all turn into studs right?
#FreeChuckDiesel
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#322 » by wichmae » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
wichmae wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:
Um, 2014 and 2015?

Its 2017. By that account we really should be going after old Cy Young winners. He just isnt a guy to give up a big package for.

seriously? A great pitcher has one bad year from injury LAST YEAR and you don't want him? You're delusional

He was awful last season and was trending the same ay versus his last few starts. Ill let someone else over pay for a guy who isnt going to win this team a WS. Ill stay the course and keep my assets until a true opprotunity presents itself to seriously upgrade. 2015 was 2 seasons ago. If we were talking Fulmer, Nola, or Stroman I would be fine selling a huge package. I mean you guys honestly think Phillips, Ortiz, and Woodruff gets it done. WHen Quintana just got Eloy, and Cease? Thats delusional.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#323 » by wichmae » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
wichmae wrote:Theres plenty to be concerned about. Minus his last few starts he's been bad and he's in a pitching friendly division. Im not on board with what the cost is going to be.

Prospects are concerning too, you do realize they don't all turn into studs right?

I understand that but their still assets and those assets were talking about have not had diminished value. Hold the assets until a real opportunity to get an elite pitcher present and then trade the assets.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#324 » by Gianstoppable » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 pm

wichmae wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:

I understand that but their still assets and those assets were talking about have not had diminished value. Hold the assets until a real opportunity to get an elite pitcher present and then trade the assets.

Corey Ray has had his value diminish believe it or not.
#FreeChuckDiesel
wichmae
RealGM

Post#325 » by wichmae » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
wichmae wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:

Not to the point of going from a top guy to an org guy and it also depends on who you ask. The Sonny Gray thumping crowd have to ask themselves do they want him for two years or Hader/Brinson, Ortiz, Woodruff/Burnes, and lower level guy (Mclanahan, Yamamoto, Payton Henry type). Thats what its going to take to get this done. We arent getting this guy without giving up an overpay package. Thats where the market is right now. HOU needs another starter and they would easily come in and trump a Ray, Ortiz, Dubon package.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#326 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:29 pm

wichmae wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
wichmae wrote:Hand is probably on the same level as Smith. JJ and TT were closers so I dont think you can compare them. Smith got back one top 75 guy. ASking for a top 10-15 guy for a middle reliever is **** insane.

Verdugo is not all that though - Will finish the year around 35-40 in terms of prospects

I highly doubt that. He's OPSing .872 and has one of the best hit tools in baseball. HE also plays for the Dodgers. He'll be top 20-25

BA moved him up to 35 for their Mid-Season rankings - He has an above average hitting tool (60), but compare him to Nick Markakis career which isn't bad at all
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#327 » by Gianstoppable » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:42 pm

wichmae wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:
wichmae wrote:I understand that but their still assets and those assets were talking about have not had diminished value. Hold the assets until a real opportunity to get an elite pitcher present and then trade the assets.

Not to the point of going from a top guy to an org guy and it also depends on who you ask. The Sonny Gray thumping crowd have to ask themselves do they want him for two years or Hader/Brinson, Ortiz, Woodruff/Burnes, and lower level guy (Mclanahan, Yamamoto, Payton Henry type). Thats what its going to take to get this done. We arent getting this guy without giving up an overpay package. Thats where the market is right now. HOU needs another starter and they would easily come in and trump a Ray, Ortiz, Dubon package.

I said before no way I trade Brinson or Hader. My deal would be Ray, Diaz, Ortiz and Cordell. 2 1/2 years if Gray and if we want we can flip him if it's not working out
#FreeChuckDiesel
wichmae
RealGM

Post#328 » by wichmae » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Blake Rutherford , Florial and Park all at Charleston.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#329 » by wichmae » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
wichmae wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:

I said before no way I trade Brinson or Hader. My deal would be Ray, Diaz, Ortiz and Cordell. 2 1/2 years if Gray and if we want we can flip him if it's not working out

Thats still even a little steep for me. Cordell is a good name to bring up though. He could play every day on a lot of MLB teams right now. I think something around Cordell, Ray, and others is a solid concept. I just dont know is thats the top package for Oakland with NYY, HOU, and Cleveland all are in on him too. Another name I saw this morning (though I dont remember where now) was Dan Straily. Also a guy to watch.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#330 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Good call on Cordell. Of their decent prospects he's the guy that should go out in any deal considering Braun and Santana don't appear to be going anywhere for a while.

On Ray. I've always been a little confused by why he was picked where he was and is as high on prospects lists as he was this spring. Seems like a solid player but never struck me as some super prospect.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#331 » by Gianstoppable » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:41 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Good call on Cordell. Of their decent prospects he's the guy that should go out in any deal considering Braun and Santana don't appear to be going anywhere for a while.

On Ray. I've always been a little confused by why he was picked where he was and is as high on prospects lists as he was this spring. Seems like a solid player but never struck me as some super prospect.

He was liked for his advanced batting and speed with some good power (20-25 HR) potential. I was never a big fan of the pick, seemed like a safe pick and there is not such a thing in baseball
#FreeChuckDiesel
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,589

Post#332 » by tski1972 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:44 pm

curious what 3-5 prospects everyone would be okay with moving at this point and what type of return they could net.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
wichmae
RealGM

Post#333 » by wichmae » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:59 pm

tski1972 wrote:curious what 3-5 prospects everyone would be okay with moving at this point and what type of return they could net.

I want to hold Brinson, Hader, Burnes, Gatewood, Woodruff, and Freddy Peralta. Theres a couple others who I am fond of as well but in the right deal its an ok swallow.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#334 » by Gianstoppable » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 pm

wichmae wrote:
tski1972 wrote:curious what 3-5 prospects everyone would be okay with moving at this point and what type of return they could net.

I want to hold Brinson, Hader, Burnes, Gatewood, Woodruff, and Freddy Peralta. Theres a couple others who I am fond of as well but in the right deal its an ok swallow.

I am with you on your list only other person I might add to the keep list would be Diaz but I would trade him for a top-line pitcher
#FreeChuckDiesel
wichmae
RealGM

Post#335 » by wichmae » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
wichmae wrote:

I am with you on your list only other person I might add to the keep list would be Diaz but I would trade him for a top-line pitcher

I think Diaz is bound to be replaced by Hiura. Its become a position of strength. With Hiura Dubon and him. We probably could deal one and not take much of a hit.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#336 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:50 am

wichmae wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:
wichmae wrote:I want to hold Brinson, Hader, Burnes, Gatewood, Woodruff, and Freddy Peralta. Theres a couple others who I am fond of as well but in the right deal its an ok swallow.

I think Diaz is bound to be replaced by Hiura. Its become a position of strength. With Hiura Dubon and him. We probably could deal one and not take much of a hit.

True, but I would hold on to Diaz one more season at least, hes still super young and advanced. Having a down year but hes one of the younger guys at that level
#FreeChuckDiesel
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Post#337 » by Tfence92 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:16 am

Gianstoppable wrote:
wichmae wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:

True, but I would hold on to Diaz one more season at least, hes still super young and advanced. Having a down year but hes one of the younger guys at that level

No guarantee that either of them end up at 2B in the future; plus way too early to give up on Diaz.

Bats play, they'll find a way to get you on the field. Very difficult to be redundant outside of C/1B.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#338 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:09 am

What value would Villar have? I know his value is way down but do you hold on to him and hope he gets it back together or do you trade him now while he still has good recent success?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#339 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:04 am

Panic trade coming up with a few more losses.

Corey Ray has always really intrigued me. I'm not sure I want to trade him. But I don't follow the minors as close as some.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#340 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:19 am

A's do need MI... Besides Barreto, they have no one

Return to Milwaukee Brewers