ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Press Conference Thread (2PM)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Re: Knicks Press Conference Thread (2PM) 

Post#481 » by FreeSpiritNY » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Sark wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:Can anyone give me a recap

We're changing the culture, but there are no actual details of how we're going to do it. In fact expect the same team on the floor next year, just with new branding of "we've changed our culture".

So basically the same bs we need an identity crud we've been hearing. I mean what teams says hey we aren't going to play defense and just focus on offense lol. Sports really need some new material.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#482 » by Sprewell4Three » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Mills first move was signing THJr to a huge contract. We basically bid against ourselves. The Hawks were like no way we're giving this dude that contract.
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#483 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Regardless of what was said and who's to blame for this mess...looking at it from a free agents perspective why would you ever want to play for the Knicks? Melo is still the best player on the team and this is the way we treat this guy? Drag him through the mud and make him look horrible, pretty much make him the lowest possible value. And now we say Ehh he might still be a Knick. That's just bushleague and unprofessional. Don't get me wrong I am all for trading Melo and he's been part of the problem, but there is a certain amount of professionalism that the Knicks FO doesn't have. The Celtics, Spurs, heck even the Minnesota Timberwolves wouldn't conduct themselves this way. This is why the media, other fans, coaches, players, etc will all look at how this team operates and say "same ole Knicks."

For once it would be nice if we had 1) a general plan 2) to make a decision and stick with it.
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,729

Post#484 » by Handledatruth » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:16 pm

JoeypopsNY wrote:
Sark wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:Can anyone give me a recap

We're changing the culture, but there are no actual details of how we're going to do it. In fact expect the same team on the floor next year, just with new branding of "we've changed our culture".

So basically the same bs we need an identity crud we've been hearing. I mean what teams says hey we aren't going to play defense and just focus on offense lol. Sports really need some new material.

The press conference is on facebook since they did it on facebook live. They go into detail on the aspects of culture change. Wasn't just crud.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#485 » by Sark » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Handledatruth wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:
Sark wrote:

The press conference is on facebook since they did it on facebook live. They go into detail on the aspects of culture change. Wasn't just crud.

Can you post the examples they gave? Can't log on FB right now.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,559

Post#486 » by Knick4Real » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 pm

With the Rockets putting the team up for sale today, that likely throws a monkey wrench into any Melo trade with them.

We may be taking a harder look at the Cleveland deal -- or, I don't mind just keeping him. Start Melo at the 4, limit his minutes, develop the youth, and let him opt out in a year. That's better than taking on trash from other teams just for the sake of moving him.

Btw: Steve and Scott look like they might be a good tandem. I'm optimistic!
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#487 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 pm

All regimes win the introductory press conference. Don't be fooled by it.
RealGM
And1: 39,203

Post#488 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:23 pm

CANiLIVE wrote:
2010 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Your core are the guys you are rebuilding around.

Baker isn't a part of the core.

Right now KP is the only true core piece we have.

Frank and WHG can get there.

Do not confuse a young player with a core player.

SMFMB is on record as saying we have "several rising stars". The word SEVERAL usually indicates more than two. Obviously he views two others as rising star other than KP. It is evident the other two are Tim and Willy.

Lol wait do you watch the presser? How did you get kp is the only core player? You guys kill me obviously the core is frank, Willy, Timmy and kp. Baker could be very solid, but let's not act like we have no core because kp is the stand out.

Kp could be a top 10 player but the knicks other core guys have a chance to be very good, Willy is beyound his years with his footwork, Timmy is a proven nba scorer and frank has a chance to be a all star pg.

This team isn't the worst in the league and our situation isn't as bad as others, this is why I say the 1 pick is hard to get.

Knicks have young hungry pieces that actually are willing to play team basketball and play defense.

Ok, I am going to assume that you obviously quoted the wrong person.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM

Post#489 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:23 pm

NEW ORG STRUCTURE UPDATED:
http://www.nba.com/knicks/front-office/

shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,682

Post#490 » by shtolky » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 pm

sushibear wrote:
shtolky wrote:
sushibear wrote:The time to trade Melo is now. Everytime he steps onto that court his value plummets. He's too one dimensional at this point. We will be lucky to get anything decent if he does end up being traded.

Not necessarily. People know who Melo is at this point. It's not as if Houston will see him in the regular season and say, welp, clearly we were totally wrong on what kind of player he is. Houston could be even more desperate to acquire him during the season if they start slowly, or if they feel Melo really is the missing piece. The only time to trade Melo is the time we receive an offer we can't turn down. If that doesn't exist, you keep him. He will opt out.

If Houston was desperate they would of made the trade already. They ain't giving anything valuable but garbage. Houston don't want him, Cp3 and Harden does. It's a players league right?

Then keep him. Better to keep him then make a bad deal. Bad deals can set you back years. Melo has a massive ego and he wants out. He won't opt in. One more year of Melo, not the end of the world, is better than years of other players with longer term salaries. We have more leverage than people think. Melo can whine all he wants (if he is even doing that), but if he wants to leave, expand your list of teams or wait out Houston/Cle for better offers.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#491 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:27 pm

2010 wrote:NEW ORG STRUCTURE UPDATED:

Knickstape1214 wrote:

My man, lets hit these LinkedIn pages hard!!!
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,072

Post#492 » by blueNorange » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:27 pm

rambis staying?

maybe the hate only came from one entity :dontknow:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
RealGM

Post#493 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 pm

HEZI wrote:Melo needs to expand his list of teams

It's just for one year and then he can opt out of his contract and go where he wants. Go to a playoff team for 1 season, it doesn't have to be just the Cavs or Rockets, there are other teams he can go play for just 1 year and then have the freedom to go where he wants

Melo on OKC would move the needle.

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,740

Post#494 » by Fat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Knick4Real wrote:With the Rockets putting the team up for sale today, that likely throws a monkey wrench into any Melo trade with them.

We may be taking a harder look at the Cleveland deal -- or, I don't mind just keeping him. Start Melo at the 4, limit his minutes, develop the youth, and let him opt out in a year. That's better than taking on trash from other teams just for the sake of moving him.

Btw: Steve and Scott look like they might be a good tandem. I'm optimistic!

I can see this happening I can also see this being successful so successful we may sneak into the playoffs were melo goes ape sh*t which leads to Dolan eventually giving him another max
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,425

Post#495 » by KnicksGod » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Ha defense first? Ya just signed hardaway to 71 mill, rambis is still here and awful at his job, melo is still here? Coach horny known for his defense?

Sounds like a bunch of jibberish Make me a believer on the court.

I hear you but I think the Hawks were D first. Let's face it -- roster building is often about putting offense first, and coaching and culture (a word I almost never use) are about putting D first. It's just the reality of the situation.

I don't think they're just giving it lip service -- it is the identity they really want to push toward -- and hopefully Horny can make it happen. It's mostly in his hands though.
RealGM

Post#496 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:30 pm

blueNorange wrote:

rambis staying?

Eventually both Rambo and Horny are goners.

I can see Blatt ending up being here as head coach. He and Mills are tight and Blatt has all the same principles of what Mills/Perry are stating. Defense, unselfish ball moving motion offense, and especially with us having Euro players on our roster.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,952

Post#497 » by Capn'O » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 pm

2010 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

rambis staying?

I can see Blatt ending up being here as head coach. He and Mills are tight and Blatt has all the same principles of what Mills/Perry are stating. Defense, unselfish ball moving motion offense, and especially with us having Euro players on our roster.

I'd be shocked if Rambis was here to start the season. 70-30 against Hornacek starting out next year, imo. I'm watching for Marky Wark this summer too...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
RealGM

Post#498 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 pm

god shammgod wrote:usually there is a sell off before you sell the team. but not a premier player like harden. the new owners would want him to stay.

Lets hope some crazy new owner buys the team before the all star break who insists on making a splash by trading off their remaining young/cheap assets for Melo. Someone who puts pressure on Morey to get the deal done. Wishful thinking, I know...

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,250

Post#499 » by DOT » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm

2010 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

rambis staying?

Looks like Gaines is sticking around too, VP of Player Personnel

Don't know what that entails exactly, but sounds like a promotion
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
RealGM

Post#500 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Capn'O wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Sark wrote:

Then that makes everything they just said at the presser a sham (not the poster). How could you be about youth, defense, and passing if Carmelo is starting.

How could you be about youth, defense and passing if LFT is starting?

Bad example. Lance actually fits the mold of what the brass is talking about a little more but he's just not very good. He's always active off the ball and on defense.

Lance is not really a ball mover though. Dude is kind of a nut. Blackholish.

Return to New York Knicks