ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Press Conference Thread (2PM)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

RealGM
And1: 39,071

Re: Knicks Press Conference Thread (2PM) 

Post#541 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Crunchknicks1 wrote:Yea I think lee gone too. I just wonder that his value is across the NBA.

I'd even do the deal for a likely high 2nd round pick (one of the first 10 projected picks of the 2nd round). We need to replenish the 2nd round pick cupboard and if you can move Lee for that you do it for the cap savings alone.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#542 » by Amsterdam » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:18 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Good answers on Melo.

I love how the NTC has flipped, and now the Knicks are the ones holding it while Melo pretty clearly wants out. Power shift.

Amazing how all the trolls here, havent shut up about Melo getting a NTC and now they have quieted down like crickets, after the Knicks pulled him off the market...lol
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#543 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:18 pm

CANiLIVE wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:
So your telling me draymond green isn't a core guy? Because the warriors ain't building around him? Bosh wasn't a core guy because heat was building around lebron? Lamar Odom wasn't a core guy for the lakers during there championship runs?

You a have a corner stone player, core guys, young projects, obviously the knicks have a core with a corner stone.

As I said knicks aren't in horrible shape.

How are those guys mentioned not core guys?

They built their teams around them and others.

Nobody on the warriors are staying let's buld around green. Nobody on the lakers said we have to bulid around Odom,

You stated to be a core guy the team has to bulid around you, that is not true, none above were bulit around but were core pieces on very good teams.

How aren't the knicks building around kp Willy frank and Timmy because they aren't household names like kp?

A core is a group of premium players. Not one player.

KP projects to be a premium. Everyone else not so much.

That could change
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
CANiLIVE
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Knicks Press Conference Thread (2PM) 

Post#544 » by CANiLIVE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:23 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
How are those guys mentioned not core guys?

They built their teams around them and others.

Nobody on the warriors are staying let's buld around green. Nobody on the lakers said we have to bulid around Odom,

You stated to be a core guy the team has to bulid around you, that is not true, none above were bulit around but were core pieces on very good teams.

How aren't the knicks building around kp Willy frank and Timmy because they aren't household names like kp?

A core is a group of premium players. Not one player.

KP projects to be a premium. Everyone else not so much.

That could change

Huh? Premium players? If green was on another team he wouldn't be a premium player.

A core is a group of players you keep together for years, develop and have them gain experience together threw seasons. It doesn't have to be all premium player.

Every player doesn't have to be a premium player, core guys have to understand how to play off each other and grow together.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#545 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:27 pm

I don't know why people think Horny is gone...Clearly the organization thinks Phil was a mess and with that in mind they're going to give Horny a chance to coach his way without distractions from up top. Also, they're still paying Woodson and Fisher I believe. Dolan's pockets are deep, but he's not going to want to pay a 3rd coach to do nothing for the Knicks. Horny is going to get at least another year I would presume. If they were going to fire him they would have done it before Perry got introduced.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,210

Post#546 » by Knicks Byke » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:31 pm

damn are we really still paying woodson? ****.
RealGM

Post#547 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
2010 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Who knows?

KP is the only one who fits that description. Unless he thinks THJ is a rising star because he played in that game :lol:

:lol:

I think (no, I know) he is definitely talking about Willy and Tim in addition to KP.

He gave Tim that contract for a reason. He views him as entering the all star team conversation at some point during the life of the deal (next 4 years). Mills never wanted Tim to leave. He has always viewed him as a potential starter and star player if he developed right. That is why he brought him back after the man who was responsible for trading him was dismissed.

And he is the one who was the believer in WHG and brought him to Phil's attention. He loves WHG and his development signifies Mills basketball eye for talent. Which is why it is laughable when I see all these WHG trade proposals. People not understanding WHG is his crown jewel moment in personnel decisions. He will wait however long it takes for that flower to fully bloom. Because he planted the seed.

KP, Tim, WHG are the "rising stars" Mills has referenced.

Well, let's hope he's right. I don't see it right now but like I said that could change.

Tank 2018/19/20 should produce some more core pieces.

Tbh I think this should be our last year of obvious tanking. After the 2017-18 season I feel like we should play to win and play to develop our kids. They need to learn how to win and take small progressive lumps until they get over the hump. At some point good habits need to be fostered. Tank in 17-18 for Doncic/Porter Jr. then after that let the chips fall where they may. We already have some dope young pieces (KP, WHG, Tim, Frank, Dotson, [whoever a Melo trade nets], and our 2018 pick). That is enough. Try to win after that and let these guys develop and learn by fighting and taking their lumps. Lets do it organically.

RealGM

Post#548 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I don't know why people think Horny is gone...Clearly the organization thinks Phil was a mess and with that in mind they're going to give Horny a chance to coach his way without distractions from up top. Also, they're still paying Woodson and Fisher I believe. Dolan's pockets are deep, but he's not going to want to pay a 3rd coach to do nothing for the Knicks. Horny is going to get at least another year I would presume. If they were going to fire him they would have done it before Perry got introduced.

Oh I def think management will give him a fair shot. This isn't a case of a bitchazznicca like Phil firing Woody just bc he doesn't know him. The current regime is fair and unbiased. However, long-term I think the perfect fit is Blatt. Just seems like the stars are aligned. As long as he doesn't land a long-term deal elswhere anytime soon.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#549 » by god shammgod » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I don't know why people think Horny is gone...Clearly the organization thinks Phil was a mess and with that in mind they're going to give Horny a chance to coach his way without distractions from up top. Also, they're still paying Woodson and Fisher I believe. Dolan's pockets are deep, but he's not going to want to pay a 3rd coach to do nothing for the Knicks. Horny is going to get at least another year I would presume. If they were going to fire him they would have done it before Perry got introduced.

of course he is. he has a 3 year deal if i remember right. he'll be the coach all of next year. after that who knows. i don't see him as the guy who will instill the defensive mindset the organization seems to want. so i don't see a long future.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#550 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:39 pm

god shammgod wrote:

of course he is. he has a 3 year deal if i remember right. he'll be the coach all of next year. after that who knows. i don't see him as the guy who will instill the defensive mindset the organization seems to want. so i don't see a long future.

Hornacek is not Perry's guy, anod really a Mills guy either, so if Perry has any say over the team Hornacek will be fired after this coming season.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Post#551 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:41 pm

They need Hornacek...if thing go bad the first 2 years they can blame him since Phil brought him in. If they bring in a new guy, there will be more pressure to win since thats another coach to pay and it's there guy.

Really no pressure this year since everyone expects us to be bad so he should be safe. Most are considering this a fresh start, which is good since we need some patience right now....Tank the year and take it from there
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#552 » by NewYorkPride85 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:41 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Hornacek is not Perry's guy, anod really a Mills guy either, so if Perry has any say over the team Hornacek will be fired after this coming season.

Actually Hornacek was Mills guy. Go back to the presser when he was introduced and Phil made it clear that it was Mills decision. Literally pointed at him and told him to handle the question since it was his call.
Crunchknicks1
Pro Prospect
And1: 200

Post#553 » by Crunchknicks1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 pm

They said play hard and young players getting better. Jeff have a easy job this year lol. Get another pick next year do the same thing. Then that 3rd year they have to be a playoff team out he gone.
Crunchknicks1
Pro Prospect

Post#554 » by Crunchknicks1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:55 pm

Our
RealGM

Post#555 » by 2010 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 pm

NewYorkPride85 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Actually Hornacek was Mills guy. Go back to the presser when he was introduced and Phil made it clear that it was Mills decision. Literally pointed at him and told him to handle the question since it was his call.

Wut?

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#556 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:They need Hornacek...if thing go bad the first 2 years they can blame him since Phil brought him in. If they bring in a new guy, there will be more pressure to win since thats another coach to pay and it's there guy.

Really no pressure this year since everyone expects us to be bad so he should be safe. Most are considering this a fresh start, which is good since we need some patience right now....Tank the year and take it from there

+ THJ was a Hornacek signing. His game was made for his system.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,562

Post#557 » by Fat Kat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 pm

They should prioritize searching for a defensive assistant. Can't go into next season with Rambis attempting to coach defense.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,876

Post#558 » by Jose7 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Sounds like they have 0 plans of starting Frank this season which is unfortunate because whoever they pick up is likely a journeyman. All I can hope is that player gets WHG and KP involved as much as possible.

Again, in super irked the crap job by the media. No mentioned of Noah oquinn lee Thomas by them. No mentioned of rambis..no mention of advance statistics regarding play in 16-17...I don't wanana read **** by these dudes who clearly have no "in" within the organization. None of them ever break a story unless it's bull drama..I hope some of y'all young cats are watching and tryna eat because there's clearly food in the sports journalism field.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#559 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:damn are we really still paying woodson? ****.

I think so. Knicks gave Woodson an extension that went through the 2014-5 season which was right before Phil Jackson was hired then fired the Raymond Felton defender (while warring against JR Smith and Beno Udrich).

Knicks are also paying for Derek Fisher AND Phil Jackson.

And they'll be paying DJ Jazzy Jeff Hornacek who is looking like the next Mike D'Antoni. Jeff needed not 1 but 3 point guards: Isiaiah Thomas, Goran Dragic, and "Drew" Bledsoe. Pretty much 3 of the best, most dynamic scoring guards in the league to make his system (if you call it that) work.When Thomas and Dragic were gone, his offense collapsed and M. Morris almost choked out Jeff. He'll get choked out Sprewell style before it's all said and done.

The Knicks don't have one battle tested NBA point guard that the veterans trust. That'll make it really hard for the Knicks to move forward but they're talented enough to just miss the playoffs.

This new GM will learn some things about how different front offices operate but he has nothing to work with. We're not getting picks unless it's our young and most talented players.
Crunchknicks1
Pro Prospect

Post#560 » by Crunchknicks1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Can't wait to see how this play out and who we get for melo and lee. Will be exciting to see how this works out. Rebuild with young players. And we have our own picks going forward. Guys for the first time as a knick fan I heard the word rebuild with young core develop young players. Play hard stress D and play as a team. I hope we stick to this and really do it. This is a dream if you a true knick fan. I never thought this would ever happen in my life time I can have my new born son be a knick fan now. I was truly thinking about making him have a different team but now in his life time he may see a championship team one day.

Return to New York Knicks