ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#3921 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 pm

Mecca wrote:
Lineup spot wasn't factor, he was just getting back into groove.

He's only had 4 hits in the last 7 games since Joe put him in the top 2-3 slot of the line up. Judge has been even WORSE.

The Sawx pitchers KNEW...if I get past the first inning, the rest of these chumps have NO POP. Therefore innings 2,3 were easier to conserve arm strength.

Again, only ONE inning every 3 were dangerous for opposing pitchers. The Brewers took advantage. So did the Sawx.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#3922 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Lineup spot wasn't factor, he was just getting back into groove.

He's only had 4 hits in the last 7 games since Joe put him in the top 2-3 slot of the line up. Judge has been even WORSE.

The Sawx pitchers KNEW...if I get past the first inning, the rest of these chumps have NO POP. Therefore innings 2,3 were easier to conserve arm strength.

Again, only ONE inning every 3 were dangerous for opposing pitchers. The Brewers took advantage. So did the Sawx.

That's foolish to believe that the lineup spot is the factor causing the slump. Go look around the MLB at where the best hitters bat.

http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/daily_lineups.htm

Stanton bats 2nd
Bryant bats 2nd
Altuve bats 2nd
Machado bats 2nd
Bautista leads off
Carpenter leads off
Springer leads off
Adam Jones leads off
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#3923 » by Phish Tank » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:16 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:More bad injury news: Bird to undergo surgery

Greg Bird will have ankle surgery Tuesday. He will require a six-week rehab, and the Yankees are hoping he can resume baseball activity in September.

Brian Cashman suggested last week that surgery could be a possibility if Bird’s ankle continued to show a lack of progress following a Novocain injection and a second cortisone shot, and it seems this is indeed the case.

The first baseman, who the Yankees still regard as an important part of their future, hit just .100 before landing on the disabled list in early May.

This is the second piece of bad injury news the Yankees learned Monday, also getting confirmation that Michael Pineda will require season-ending Tommy John surgery, which he will undergo Tuesday as well.

Ehh, once he learns how to stop fouling pitches off his foot, he'll then become a bit more of a realistic option for us
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#3924 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Mecca wrote:
That's foolish to believe that the lineup spot is the factor causing the slump. Go look around the MLB at where the best hitters bat.

Stanton bats 2nd
Bryant bats 2nd
Altuve bats 2nd
Machado bats 2nd
Bautista leads off
Carpenter leads off
Springer leads off
Adam Jones leads off

What's the Yankees record since Joe started alternately Judge and Sanchez #2 and #3 respectively?

How's the offense doing during that stretch?

What's that?

Yeah...I thought so. STRUGGLING is the appropriate word.

You can throw up nice lists of who hits second BUT one slot means nothing if 1-9 aren't balanced.

Without Hicks and Holliday, Yanks' offense suffered. The Yanks just got Holliday back. What Joe should have done, put Ellsbury at #2 for stretches. Hicks will be back at the end of the month.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#3925 » by Mecca » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:21 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Stanton bats 2nd
Bryant bats 2nd
Altuve bats 2nd
Machado bats 2nd
Bautista leads off
Carpenter leads off
Springer leads off
Adam Jones leads off

What's the Yankees record since Joe started alternately Judge and Sanchez #2 and #3 respectively?

What's that?

You can throw up nice lists of who hits second BUT one slot means nothing if 1-9 aren't balanced.

Without Hicks and Holliday, Yanks' offense suffered. The Yanks just got Holliday back. What Joe should have done, put Ellsbury at #2 for stretches. Hicks will be back at the end of the month.

LOL, because Judge is in our bullpen right?

Stop it.
Brooklyn Nets
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,793

Post#3926 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:05 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Stanton bats 2nd
Bryant bats 2nd
Altuve bats 2nd
Machado bats 2nd
Bautista leads off
Carpenter leads off
Springer leads off
Adam Jones leads off

What's that?

Those guys are batting there because guys like Ellsbury, Hicks, Castro and Holiday have been hurt, almost all of them at the same time.

Still feel like the team could use a little more useful speed but does any team steal that many bases right now? It always seems cyclical - stealing and run oriented games clyce into baseball as a thing every 5+ years it seems.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#3927 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 am

Joe didn't get crazy with the line up until Ellsbury was back for the Brewers series. Uncharacteristically he's also batting lead off today with Frazier hitting second. About time Gardner got the night off.

2-0 Twins. Mitchell threw 57 pitches in 3 innings. Not good.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#3928 » by Jstarks3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:13 am

is it just me or do we really suck? our offense suck when we pitch well, and we cant pitch when our offense does something.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#3929 » by blue and orange » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 am

Jstarks3 wrote:is it just me or do we really suck? our offense suck when we pitch well, and we cant pitch when our offense does something.

They are terrible in the clutch, its like they vomit in the clutch.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,396

Post#3930 » by BadNewsBarnes » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:41 am

How about Cooper! Three hits last night...did he get a crash course in hitting or read the Cliff Notes?
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#3931 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:13 pm

The Yankees' record in close games ranks them 28/30th in the league. They're dreadful in the clutch. They are facing Minnesota, one of the BEST in MLB at winning close games.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#3932 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:04 pm

So what will you guys gonna give us for Duda? Rumors are ramping up. : )
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,570

Post#3933 » by bishnykfan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:15 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:So what will you guys gonna give us for Duda? Rumors are ramping up. : )

I'd take Duda in a second for the Yankees but honestly wouldn't give up more than a minor prospect for him considering he is a free agent after the year and has had some injuries himself. He is not great with the glove and there are a few other first basemen on the market that I like more than Duda. I don't think first base is as glaring a need for us as a starting pitcher would be and if I'm going to trade any prospect that is worth anything, I'm saving for that starter, not Lucas Duda. Saying that, if the Mets want to move him, and would be willing to take a low level prospect or two for him, I'd be very willing to make that move.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#3934 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:33 pm

bishnykfan wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So what will you guys gonna give us for Duda? Rumors are ramping up. : )

I'd take Duda in a second for the Yankees but honestly wouldn't give up more than a minor prospect for him considering he is a free agent after the year and has had some injuries himself. He is not great with the glove and there are a few other first basemen on the market that I like more than Duda. I don't think first base is as glaring a need for us as a starting pitcher would be and if I'm going to trade any prospect that is worth anything, I'm saving for that starter, not Lucas Duda. Saying that, if the Mets want to move him, and would be willing to take a low level prospect or two for him, I'd be very willing to make that move.

Ok, yes a minor league prospect, but maybe not so "minor." That will be decided by the number of teams needing a first baseman. We're going to want someone back with some upside.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#3935 » by Mecca » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:53 pm

bishnykfan wrote:

I agree with this 100%

By September, we can bring Andujar back up and use Headley at 1B. Our issue is pitching pitching and pitching.

Jeremy Blevins is the guy to grab, but I wouldn't give up a high end prospect for him.
Brooklyn Nets
bishnykfan

Post#3936 » by bishnykfan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:10 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:

Ok, yes a minor league prospect, but maybe not so "minor." That will be decided by the number of teams needing a first baseman. We're going to want someone back with some upside.

Just don't see it for the Yanks then considering their real need is pitching and the other first basemen supposedly on the market. I'd take Alonso or Bour (both supposedly also on the market) before Duda. I'm not saying the Yankees wouldn't but if it were me, I'm not moving any of our top prospects for the rental of Duda. If the Mets intend to give Dominic Smith a job next year and have no intention of bringing Duda back, then I would absolutely take him and save the Wilpons the $3+ million dollars they owe him for this year while giving them a lower level prospect. If they want more than that, I'd explore Alonso and Bour and get my pitcher first.

In short, IMO and from what I've heard, it's a buyers market when it comes to hitters. Duda would be nice and I'd absolutely take him, but not if it means giving up someone we care about. If that doesn't get him from the Mets, we move on and they can try and move him somewhere else.
All-Time Draft

Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#3937 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Brian Cashman is going to be more frugal than Warren Buffet on a Friday night. Remember this is the guy who nixed a deal for the Twins' Johan Santana in exchange for Philip Hughes or Joba Chamberlain and Ian Kennedy. I expect NOTHING more than a trade for a reliever.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#3938 » by Mecca » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:25 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Brian Cashman is going to be more frugal than Warren Buffet on a Friday night. Remember this is the guy who nixed a deal for the Twins' Johan Santana in exchange for Philip Hughes or Joba Chamberlain and Ian Kennedy. I expect NOTHING more than a trade for a reliever.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Unless you get a young ace, it makes no sense to splurge on Alonso, Duda or Reed.
Brooklyn Nets
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#3939 » by Phish Tank » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:01 am

Detfink might be wrong:

Read on Twitter
bishnykfan

Post#3940 » by bishnykfan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:06 am

Phish Tank wrote:Detfink might be wrong:

Read on Twitter

Can't even imagine what the Sox will take from us in a trade of this magnitude. Obviously have to wait and see but I'll come out and say before anything happens that I don't like it.
All-Time Draft

Return to New York Knicks