RUDY GAY TO THE SPURS

Moderator: G R E Y

duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Re: RUDY GAY TO THE SPURS 

Post#21 » by duncan21 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Ballings7 wrote:The teams Gay have been on have all been relatively bad and mediocre at best, except for Memphis. I don't think the dislike on him is fair at all considering how lackluster the teams he was on actually were.

Put 2014-now Leonard on the Raptors (if he was there longer) or Kings then, and they're still missing the playoffs by a decent amount.

And, Memphis would of beat the Spurs in 2011 even sooner if Gay was available.

I also think his best years as a player, individually, were with Sac in terms of his ability and versatility, and was more under control there it seemed.

Raptors made playoffs when they trade him to Sac :lol:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#22 » by Nolan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 pm

duncan21 wrote:
Ballings7 wrote:The teams Gay have been on have all been relatively bad and mediocre at best, except for Memphis. I don't think the dislike on him is fair at all considering how lackluster the teams he was on actually were.

Put 2014-now Leonard on the Raptors (if he was there longer) or Kings then, and they're still missing the playoffs by a decent amount.

I also think his best years as a player, individually, were with Sac in terms of his ability and versatility, and was more under control there it seemed.

And that's all Rudy's fault? That Raptors team had far too many iso scorers and they needed to move away from that style.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
duncan21
Junior

Re: RE: Re: RUDY GAY TO THE SPURS 

Post#23 » by duncan21 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:56 am

Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:

And that's all Rudy's fault? That Raptors team had far too many iso scorers and they needed to move away from that style.

he is a stats paddar in a lottery team,what did gay proved in playoffs ? team without him looks better than ever,so it's not his fault ? grizzles without him,makes to WCF in 2013,raps makes makes playoffs when he get trade
gd luck spurs,I can see spurs 2nd rd exit this upcoming season,thunders gonna torch us due to our athlectism downgrade ,we will be in trouble against rockets's pick and roll,and we are back to 2 years ago,the only chance we can beat has is kawhi improved his game to prime time jordan' s level
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 384

Post#24 » by pad300 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:15 pm

duncan21 wrote:he is a stats paddar in a lottery team,what did gay proved in playoffs ? team without him looks better than ever,so it's not his fault ? grizzles without him,makes to WCF in 2013,raps makes makes playoffs when he get trade
gd luck spurs,I can see spurs 2nd rd exit this upcoming season,thunders gonna torch us due to our athlectism downgrade ,we will be in trouble against rockets's pick and roll,and we are back to 2 years ago,the only chance we can beat has is kawhi improved his game to prime time jordan' s level

Athleticism downgrade? What was the PO's starting lineups? (up until GSW Gm 2 - Parker and Kawhi down)
1) Parker, Green, Kawhi, Aldridge, Dedmon (played < 15 minutes)
2) Parker, Green, Kawhi, Aldridge, Lee (Dedmon benched, played garbage minutes hereafter)
3) Parker, Green, Kawhi, Aldridge, Gasol
4) Murray, Green, Kawhi, Aldridge, Gasol
5) Mills, Green, Kawhi, Simmons, Aldridge
6) Mills, Green, Kawhi, Aldridge, Gasol

Consider my best guess at a starting lineup next year
Mills, Green, Kawhi, Gay, Aldridge

Which of those lineups is this a major athleticism downgrade from? Assuming Gay is back to form, he is a Dedmon/Simmons level athlete, and is clearly a better small ball PF than Simmons...
duncan21
Junior

Post#25 » by duncan21 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:33 pm

And line crossed. Please refrain from baiting or trolling.

Nolan
duncan21
Junior

Post#26 » by duncan21 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:40 am

duncan21 wrote:And line crossed. Please refrain from baiting or trolling.

Nolan

lol

Sent from my SM-C5000 using RealGM mobile app
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#27 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:49 pm

duncan21 wrote:

:noway:

Rudy was asked by Toronto to bulk up and play PF - this effected his game negatively for how they were using him.

And they wouldn't of made the playoffs with a prime Leonard, either. Considering how flawed the team around him was, it didn't matter. LeBron or Durant would be needed for them to have a good chance to make the playoffs.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
turnmeup88
Junior
And1: 316

Post#28 » by turnmeup88 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Nolan wrote:
turnmeup88 wrote:
pad300 wrote:Not in love. Would rather have signed Tyreke Evans. Especially not in love if he's going to be our PF...

I have to admit seeing for what Tyreke signed for i'm surprised we didn't make a small run at him...

Thing is where would we find minutes for him. We have so many guards under contract already; Mills, Parker, Murray, White, Forbes, Green, and probably Simmons. Then you factor in a potential Manu return and we have an even bigger problem.

I'd play him as Leonard's back-up for about 10-12 minutes a game and have him handle the ball for about 6-8 minutes to go big (say against a Livingston)

I feel that he is the kind of player who could cause problems for the Warriors (big point guard) which is something we don't have. They'd have to switch curry off onto an even bigger player.
devindixen
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#29 » by devindixen » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:11 am

If this was the Pre-injury Gay.. YEAYYYYYY...

But come on.. He's not even 100% yet right now and is coming off a major injury. I'd like to see how much athleticism he still have.
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#30 » by Cycloneon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:50 pm

I fully expect 10-15 minutes a game to begin with. So being Kawhi's backup seems reasonable until he seems durable enough to handle 20.. and then 25. then that's where the deathball Murray.Green.Gay.Leonard lineup shows out
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Nolan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Cycloneon wrote:I fully expect 10-15 minutes a game to begin with. So being Kawhi's backup seems reasonable until he seems durable enough to handle 20.. and then 25. then that's where the deathball Murray.Green.Gay.Leonard lineup shows out

I could even see us going big big with Kawhi at the point at times as well. I'm still not sold on Gay's fit but he gives us options to try different looks which is important.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#32 » by CoachD » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:

Partly Rudy's fault. He was the vocal leader who refused to take accountability and banned stat sheets from the locker room. He didn't want to hear about his 11-37 nights.

He crushed the spirit of many of the guys on that team. When Rudy was dealt, they essentially brought back an entire bench upgrade, and changed the focal point of the team.

Lowry went from being Gay's little buddy to being a multiple time all star and one of the top PGs in the East.
duncan21
Junior

Post#33 » by duncan21 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 pm

spurs fans overrated an stated paddar on a lottery team who only avg 20ppg once in his careeer :lol:
alexb618
Rookie
And1: 870

Post#34 » by alexb618 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:06 am

rudy's looking great so far, real nice fit

not sure if the poster above me is even a spurs fan, all he does is moan?
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
popfan
Junior
And1: 224

Post#35 » by popfan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:58 pm

alexb618 wrote:rudy's looking great so far, real nice fit

I had a similar interaction with him 3-4 weeks ago. He isn't a Spurs fan and I told him so. He's a troll. Since that interaction I've stop reading his posts.

Rudy is proving to be a fine addition to our bench. Considering Kawhi's injury, we're fortunate to have him. I watched several Kings games last year before his injury. On the dysfunctional Kings, Rudy -- who was more emotionally balanced than DeMarcus -- had his good games but they always seem wasted to me because I knew the Kings were going nowhere. Hopefully Rudy will stay healthy and with us for a while.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Nolan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:16 pm

popfan wrote:
alexb618 wrote:rudy's looking great so far, real nice fit

I had a similar interaction with him 3-4 weeks ago. He isn't a Spurs fan and I told him so. He's a troll. Since that interaction I've stop reading his posts.

Rudy is proving to be a fine addition to our bench. Considering Kawhi's injury, we're fortunate to have him. I watched several Kings games last year before his injury. On the dysfunctional Kings, Rudy -- who was more emotionally balanced than DeMarcus -- had his good games but they always seem wasted to me because I knew the Kings were going nowhere. Hopefully Rudy will stay healthy and with us for a while.

He's been banned as well.
alexb618
Rookie

Post#37 » by alexb618 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm

fair enough, i dont have a problem with people criticising players/teams but this guy...

anyway, is anyone from this forum able to get an autograph on a jersey for me? :) i am on the other side of the world...
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Nolan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:17 pm

alexb618 wrote:fair enough, i dont have a problem with people criticising players/teams but this guy...

anyway, is anyone from this forum able to get an autograph on a jersey for me? :) i am on the other side of the world...

Wish I could help you out man that would be amazing.
alexb618
Rookie

Post#39 » by alexb618 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:23 pm

a friend of mine was able to arrange for tim to sign a WF jersey many years ago, not bought at an auction, no hologram, no cert of authenticity for re-sale, just done personally. i love seeing it on his wall!
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#40 » by SD2042 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 5:20 pm

I've been meaning to ask. How has Rudy been working out for the Spurs so far into the season?

Return to San Antonio Spurs