ImageImageImageImage

Past Cowboys's Not in the Hall Of Fame.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,272

Past Cowboys's Not in the Hall Of Fame. 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:04 pm

This should be a little interesting. You've heard me say in the past that I thought Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson would have been the best MLB if he hadn't got hurt and ruined his career with turning to drugs. I've always felt Eric Williams was the best OT I ever saw in a Cowboy uniform but was never the same after his near fatal car accident. Even better than Rayfield Wright who is in the hall of fame and Ralph Neely who isn't and should be in. I also feel that Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Cornell should be in as well.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Past Cowboys's Not in the Hall Of Fame. 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Drew Pearson.

That is all.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:26 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Drew Pearson.

That is all.

Can you imagine the Numbers Roger and Drew would have put up in today's NFL. :onfire: :swami:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,011

Post#4 » by Mr B » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:44 am

Charlie Waters, Darren Woodson, and Cliff Harris should all be in.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:40 am

The only authentic jersey I own is Woodson's. I absolutely believe he belongs in. I get the sense he's going to fall into that vat of terrific safeties who have to wait until Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu go in.

Only two members of the NFL All-70's team are not in the HoF. Drew Pearson and Cliff Harris.

Too Tall and the Beautiful Harvey Martin get my other consideration.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Am I just being a selfish Cowboy homer in thinking that Ralph Neely, Cornell Green and Jethro Pugh should at least should get some type of honorable mention here as well? I believe Woodson should and will get in Otis.
NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#7 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:26 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Am I just being a selfish Cowboy homer in thinking that Ralph Neely, Cornell Green and Jethro Pugh should at least should get some type of honorable mention here as well? I believe Woodson should and will get in Otis.

Probably but that's a good thing
Bobby Knight says:
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."
"You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball. "
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 2, 2020 6:10 pm

That is all.

Once again, justice wasn't served to Drew Pearson. Staubach wouldn't be the legend he is without Drew. Awesome Cliff Harris got in though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 2, 2020 11:43 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

That is all.

Once again, justice wasn't served to Drew Pearson. Staubach wouldn't be the legends he was without Drew. Awesome Cliff Harris got in though.

Drew definitely deserves to be in and I actually think he gets in next year. Hopefully Drew is still alive whenever he does still get in though. I know he was super disappointed that he didn’t make the cut this year. I believe there is actually a video of it. I will look for it in a few minutes.

It was good to see Jimmy get the nod, and good to see he chose Troy to do the induction. Cliff Harris got in too didn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 2, 2020 11:46 pm

Here is the Drew video.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#11 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 2, 2020 11:55 pm

This is another good video about ESPN guys agreeing Drew was snubbed. They mention the 1970’s All Decade team and how Drew is a member of the All Decade team. What they didn’t mention though is that Drew Pearson (the original 88) is the only member of the NFL 1970’s All Decade Team that is not in the HOF. Blatant Disrespect. That’s why I believe he actually will get in next year. Also it might be best for next year because he deserves to stand at that podium and poor his heart out. He’s wanted this for YEARS! Hopefully next year he will get in.

https://youtu.be/IgCkIFZHwGU

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 3, 2020 12:47 am

Mr B wrote:Here is the Drew video.

I said it when it happened live. Criminal. Just criminal. Like you said, the only member of the all 70's decade team. :waaa: :dontknow: :angry: rolleyes: :sad: :sour:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:42 pm

I believe this one gets taken care of in the next couple of weeks. Drew's going in this time.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:45 am

Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The last member of the All 70's decade team not in the Hall Of Fame is IN !!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:42 pm

Will the Hall Of Fame have its usual ceremony this year. Love to see Drew finally get his due !! You guys have no idea how much I miss the decade of the 70's.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:30 pm

The NFL said yes and I believe the Cowboys will be playing in the game since they weren’t able to last year.

Also the next guy that needs to get in is Nate Newton.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:07 pm

Mr B wrote:The NFL said yes and I believe the Cowboys will be playing in the game since they weren’t able to last year.

Also the next guy that needs to get in is Nate Newton.

Along with Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Ralph Neely. Too bad about Hollywood Henderson. Would have easily made it if it wasn't for drugs. What a talent. He was a more athletic Chuck Howley on steroids.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:16 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I believe this one gets taken care of in the next couple of weeks. Drew's going in this time.

It was awesome to finally see Cliff and Drew get in this year along with Jimmy. Felt really bad for Drew for so many years. Must of been wrenching to be the only member from the all 70's decade team to not get in till this year. Huge relief for me as well after watching Drew as a little kid and young man growing up. Hard to argue Cliff didn't belong either. Played 10 years for the Cowboys as Captain Crash playing in 5 Super Bowls and 7 NFC Championship games in that span. Cliff was one of the smartest and hardest hitting safeties I have ever seen. I only have Ralph Neely and Ed "Too Tall" Jones as the only ones left out as of now. Maybe Nate Newton and Eric Williams are in the conversation. I'm surprised Craig Morton never got mention, ( Inside joke for Otis) :wink:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#19 » by Mr B » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:I believe this one gets taken care of in the next couple of weeks. Drew's going in this time.

It was awesome to finally see Cliff and Drew get in this year along with Jimmy. Felt really bad for Drew for so many years. Must of been wrenching to be the only member from the all 70's decade team to not get in till this year. Huge relief for me as well after watching Drew as a little kid and young man growing up. Hard to argue Cliff didn't belong either. Played 10 years for the Cowboys as Captain Crash playing in 5 Super Bowls and 7 NFC Championship games in that span. Cliff was one of the smartest and hardest hitting safeties I have ever seen. I only have Ralph Neely and Ed "Too Tall" Jones as the only ones left out as of now. Maybe Nate Newton and Eric Williams are in the conversation. I'm surprised Craig Morton never got mention, :wink:

Nate Newton and Darren Woodson I think are the two most deserving Cowboys that are not currently in the HOF. Both were multiple 1st team All Pro and both were major contributors to multiple SB teams. Newton might be the most decorated OL not in the HOF. Woodson is easily the most decorated Safety not in the HOF.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:13 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

It was awesome to finally see Cliff and Drew get in this year along with Jimmy. Felt really bad for Drew for so many years. Must of been wrenching to be the only member from the all 70's decade team to not get in till this year. Huge relief for me as well after watching Drew as a little kid and young man growing up. Hard to argue Cliff didn't belong either. Played 10 years for the Cowboys as Captain Crash playing in 5 Super Bowls and 7 NFC Championship games in that span. Cliff was one of the smartest and hardest hitting safeties I have ever seen. I only have Ralph Neely and Ed "Too Tall" Jones as the only ones left out as of now. Maybe Nate Newton and Eric Williams are in the conversation. I'm surprised Craig Morton never got mention, :wink:

Nate Newton and Darren Woodson I think are the two most deserving Cowboys that are not currently in the HOF. Both were multiple 1st team All Pro and both were major contributors to multiple SB teams. Newton might be the most decorated OL not in the HOF. Woodson is easily the most decorated Safety not in the HOF.

Didn't Nate Newton play for us for about 13 years?

Return to Dallas Cowboys