ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread: UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega finally!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,039

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#581 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 1, 2017 7:59 pm

HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
I think Nate is on his way to a boxing fight. He was pissed because he was trying to get a boxing license for a while and the UFC denied him but then let Conor get one just like that. So I heard Nate said F it and went and got one anyway so he could be looking to make a transition into the boxing world looking to get paid. Nate vs. Conor Part 3 would make so much sense and would make so much money, it could be a way to keep Nate from walking away. Nate already has mad connections in the Boxing world so he would have no problem getting a fight there.

Dana would have to agree, and only way that happens is if the UFC gets a cut of the profits, and there is no boxing fight that would get Nate over a couple million dollars as Floyd wouldnt fight him

Boxing promoters are trying to buyout his UFC contract

The UFC will never let that happen they got a huge debt to pay due to the purchase, unless they are handing the UFC mid 8 figures for the buyout of Diaz contract that will never happen. Diaz is still a draw for the UFC and he is locked into i believe 4 more fights.
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#582 » by HEZI » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:19 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
Dana would have to agree, and only way that happens is if the UFC gets a cut of the profits, and there is no boxing fight that would get Nate over a couple million dollars as Floyd wouldnt fight him

The UFC will never let that happen they got a huge debt to pay due to the purchase, unless they are handing the UFC mid 8 figures for the buyout of Diaz contract that will never happen. Diaz is still a draw for the UFC and he is locked into i believe 4 more fights.

Well we'll see how it goes but don't think that Nate will just accept any fight either. Unless he gets a superfight I doubt he's accepting anything less. Other than a Conor trilogy, there really isn't another superfight for him out there so it could get ugly.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#583 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:21 pm

HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Well we'll see how it goes but don't think that Nate will just accept any fight either. Unless he gets a superfight I doubt he's accepting anything less. Other than a Conor trilogy, there really isn't another superfight for him out there so it could get ugly.

thats fine he will have to sit out. Dude hasnt earned calling the shots yet.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HEZI
RealGM

Post#584 » by HEZI » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:31 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

How does Dana benefit by having him sit out? Wouldn't it make more sense to accept the buyout?
DENVER NUGGETS
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#585 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:42 pm

HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:

How does Dana benefit by having him sit out? Wouldn't it make more sense to accept the buyout?

Nope, Dana is not forcing him to sit out. Diaz is being an idiot asking for $25 million a fight.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

HEZI
RealGM

Post#586 » by HEZI » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:48 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

Nope, Dana is not forcing him to sit out. Diaz is being an idiot asking for $25 million a fight.

Negotiating tactic
DENVER NUGGETS
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,434

Post#587 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 1, 2017 11:56 pm

HEZI wrote:

Not until they're sure they can't make the Conor fight happen. That's gonna be worth more than I bet any promoter would risk on a guy who has no pro record. Once Conor's not an option or after more stars are built in the lower weight divisions though, I could see them letting him go. The other thing that'd probably hold them back is that if the boxing thing flops, he could run and sign to a Bellator or Rizin and while the UFC will let top ranked fighters walk to those promotions; there's yet to be a case where they've let one of their top drawing fighters walk.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#588 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 2, 2017 12:45 am

Woodley and Dana allegedly spoke and worked things out. What that means, I have no idea.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#589 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Aug 2, 2017 1:32 am

j4remi wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Not until they're sure they can't make the Conor fight happen. That's gonna be worth more than I bet any promoter would risk on a guy who has no pro record. Once Conor's not an option or after more stars are built in the lower weight divisions though, I could see them letting him go. The other thing that'd probably hold them back is that if the boxing thing flops, he could run and sign to a Bellator or Rizin and while the UFC will let top ranked fighters walk to those promotions; there's yet to be a case where they've let one of their top drawing fighters walk.

Another reason would be is that zuffa is going to step up their presence in the boxing world. They were a couple of instances during the may-mac tour that dana white was wearing a Zuffa boxing t-shirt. What this all means I don't know but I don't think it's a coincidence with more ufc fighters want to box ie Diaz, manuwa, stiepe.

sent using the big baller brand phone

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#590 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 2, 2017 9:49 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
j4remi wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Another reason would be is that zuffa is going to step up their presence in the boxing world. They were a couple of instances during the may-mac tour that dana white was wearing a Zuffa boxing t-shirt. What this all means I don't know but I don't think it's a coincidence with more ufc fighters want to box ie Diaz, manuwa, stiepe.

Judging from Saturday night's fight, Manuwa doesn't want to do anything. :lol:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#591 » by j4remi » Wed Aug 2, 2017 10:58 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/donald-cerrone-eye-injury-cleared-ufc-214-ufc-216?utm_source=fb-CERRONE214EYECLEARED&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook

Cerrone's lobbying for UFC 216 already but said he'd hold off if they put him in MSG. I'm hoping Jones wants to fight in MSG too. Bisping/GSP, Jones/Gus, Cerrone/Anybody (I'd like Condit to be the guy but they are same camp so maybe Magny I guess)...that's one I might actually pay to go to instead of throwing a viewing party for.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#592 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Aug 2, 2017 11:06 pm

j4remi wrote:http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/donald-cerrone-eye-injury-cleared-ufc-214-ufc-216?utm_source=fb-CERRONE214EYECLEARED&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook

Cerrone's lobbying for UFC 216 already but said he'd hold off if they put him in MSG. I'm hoping Jones wants to fight in MSG too. Bisping/GSP, Jones/Gus, Cerrone/Anybody (I'd like Condit to be the guy but they are same camp so maybe Magny I guess)...that's one I might actually pay to go to instead of throwing a viewing party for.

Likely masividal vs Thompson will take place on that card too

Joel Romero likely on the card... I know this terrible to think but I kinda hope gsp gets hurt and we really get to see bisping vs Romero...the bad blood between these 2 is unreal

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#593 » by j4remi » Wed Aug 2, 2017 11:32 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:Likely masividal vs Thompson will take place on that card too

Joel Romero likely on the card... I know this terrible to think but I kinda hope gsp gets hurt and we really get to see bisping vs Romero...the bad blood between these 2 is unreal

I'd LOVE Masvidal vs Thompson to go down there. I think Yoel still would get screwed since he's coming off a loss and we'd probably wind up with 1-3 in his last 4 fights Weidman getting a title shot in his home state.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HEZI
RealGM

Post#594 » by HEZI » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:10 pm

Oh snap Luke Rockhold is back. Fighting next month
DENVER NUGGETS
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#595 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:21 pm

HEZI wrote:Oh snap Luke Rockhold is back. Fighting next month

The UFC stays throwing other company champions directly into the wolf's den. David Branch is nice but gotta go with Luke assuming he's got his head on straight after the long layoff.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HEZI
RealGM

Post#596 » by HEZI » Thu Aug 3, 2017 6:07 pm

j4remi wrote:
HEZI wrote:Oh snap Luke Rockhold is back. Fighting next month

The UFC stays throwing other company champions directly into the wolf's den. David Branch is nice but gotta go with Luke assuming he's got his head on straight after the long layoff.

Apparently Luke offered the match to Yoel but Yoel didn't want it
DENVER NUGGETS
SH0KASE
Junior
And1: 434

Post#597 » by SH0KASE » Thu Aug 3, 2017 7:04 pm

who the **** is nate diaz to be demanding that money and super fights? He lost like half his fights and never smelled a title before. Conor gave him 2 red panty nights and now he thinks he a superstar world beater. Dude needs to hop off mcgregors nuts and move on.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#598 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:05 am

Nice to see fellow MMA fans. I came here to see your thoughts on Kyrie but stayed for the fight talk :)
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#599 » by j4remi » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:36 pm

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:Nice to see fellow MMA fans. I came here to see your thoughts on Kyrie but stayed for the fight talk :)

Always good to add more perspectives to these discussions. Welcome to the mix 8-)
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,785

Post#600 » by matchman » Sun Aug 6, 2017 3:25 am

Wow Peru got a rising star in Bandenay, that kick is impressive and he is only 22!
Are you fans of the team or the player?

Return to New York Knicks