What grade do you give the Wolves for their offseason moves?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What grade do you give the Wolves for their offseason moves? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Tue Aug 1, 2017 11:49 pm

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. F
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Re: What grade do you give the Wolves for their offseason moves? 

Post#2 » by Camping Fan » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:04 am

I haven't kept up with the Timberwolves, so some one will have give me a clue as to what spectacular moves they made. I have been quite busy watching the Lakers, but I do hope the Wolves will be a good team and compete. It benefits the entire league when teams are competitive
Lakers 2020
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,184

Post#3 » by kenwood3333 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 12:23 pm

Camping Fan wrote:I haven't kept up with the Timberwolves, so some one will have give me a clue as to what spectacular moves they made. I have been quite busy watching the Lakers, but I do hope the Wolves will be a good team and compete. It benefits the entire league when teams are competitive

They got jimmy butler for a role player who is recovering from a serious injury and some fillers
Dlemma
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Dlemma » Thu Aug 3, 2017 1:15 pm

Camping Fan wrote:I haven't kept up with the Timberwolves, so some one will have give me a clue as to what spectacular moves they made. I have been quite busy watching the Lakers, but I do hope the Wolves will be a good team and compete. It benefits the entire league when teams are competitive

They added Jimmy Butler, Jeff Teague, Jamal Crawford, and Taj Gibson. Traded Ricky Rubio for a first round pick. Lost LaVine and Dunn (traded for Butler)
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#5 » by Camping Fan » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:53 am

kenwood3333 wrote:

They got jimmy butler for a role player who is recovering from a serious injury and some fillers

And that's it? :nonono:
Lakers 2020
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:09 am

Camping Fan wrote:
kenwood3333 wrote:

Jimmy Butler
Jeff Teague
Taj Gibson
Jamaal Crawford
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#7 » by Camping Fan » Fri Aug 4, 2017 5:44 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:
kenwood3333 wrote:

Jimmy Butler
Jeff Teague
Taj Gibson
Jamaal Crawford

They look pretty good on paper actually - but I think we have to see how Butler is health wise and injuries. If he recovers and isn't injury prone - they could make the playoffs.
Lakers 2020
Tussin33
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#8 » by Tussin33 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:27 am

kenwood3333 wrote:

You're an absolute moron that just watches TNT basketball. I'm a die hard fan that watched 50-60 games last year alone. Don't you even disrespect Zach I was sad to se him go. I would rather have him then Wiggins and that's the god honest truth from a T wolf fan that's been loyal since 2002. We haven't made the playoffs since 04 and I'm still here. What Role player Averages 20 a game? The people the only know him for his dunking are just people that caught the slam dunk contest. He is a good shooting guard. Really good penetration, obviously out of this world athleticism and he's ahead of schedule on his ACL recovery. He was our clutchest player. He was the guy I wanted shooting the ball with the game on the line. Not wiggins, not Kat. Lavine is a stud who keeps on improving. He was our best 3 point shooter too and he's only what? 21? The Bulls got an excellent player. I would fix typos like See and the fact that he averages roughly 20 a game as opposed to 20 a game but my browser won't let me click above. Moral of the story SHHHHHHHHHH
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#9 » by Camping Fan » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:48 am

Tussin33 wrote:
kenwood3333 wrote:

You're an absolute moron that just watches TNT basketball. I'm a die hard fan that watched 50-60 games last year alone. Don't you even disrespect Zach I was sad to se him go. I would rather have him then Wiggins and that's the god honest truth from a T wolf fan that's been loyal since 2002. We haven't made the playoffs since 04 and I'm still here. What Role player Averages 20 a game? The people the only know him for his dunking are just people that caught the slam dunk contest. He is a good shooting guard. Really good penetration, obviously out of this world athleticism and he's ahead of schedule on his ACL recovery. He was our clutchest player. He was the guy I wanted shooting the ball with the game on the line. Not wiggins, not Kat. Lavine is a stud who keeps on improving. He was our best 3 point shooter too and he's only what? 21? The Bulls got an excellent player. I would fix typos like See and the fact that he averages roughly 20 a game as opposed to 20 a game but my browser won't let me click above. Moral of the story SHHHHHHHHHH

I assume that you was talking to the other dude who seemed to think that getting Jimmy Butler was a good thing. In my opinion the Timberwolves made some moves, but they didn't sound impressive or spectacular which it sounds like you agree. Still they did end up with three players who have averaged 20+ points, and that could be good if(very big if) Butler recovers. I am not a fan of trading for an injured recovering from injuries. I think they could make the playoffs with a good coach and chemistry. To bad they are not in the Eastern Conference though
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#10 » by Camping Fan » Fri Aug 4, 2017 7:00 am

Personally I think I would have preferred to keep Zach over Butler - He is only 22 and looks to be a promising point guard. But we will see. Good luck to the T Wolves
Lakers 2020
Tussin33
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Tussin33 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:49 pm

Camping Fan wrote:Personally I think I would have preferred to keep Zach over Butler - He is only 22 and looks to be a promising point guard. But we will see. Good luck to the T Wolves

yeah I was talking to Kenwood. I love Butler and getting him was nice. Wish it didn't cost us Zach though. As far as the 3 free agents we got...... meh
Tussin33
Sophomore

Post#12 » by Tussin33 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:50 pm

Camping Fan wrote:Personally I think I would have preferred to keep Zach over Butler - He is only 22 and looks to be a promising point guard. But we will see. Good luck to the T Wolves

He's not a PG. We tried that experiment and it failed miserably. He is a shooting guard and a damn good one, but he is LOST at point guard.
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#13 » by Camping Fan » Sat Aug 5, 2017 6:00 am

Tussin33 wrote:

He's not a PG. We tried that experiment and it failed miserably. He is a shooting guard and a damn good one, but he is LOST at point guard.

I think there are two strikes I have against Butler:

1. His injury is one
2. His Age - not declining and most likely has peaked or about to, but when you have a young team like Minnesota had, I think the age is a factor.

Butler is shown to be a shooting guard two though, so I don't see how that trade made a substantial difference - certainly questionable to not be saying spectacular, but I will be anxious to see how they play - Hopefully I will get to say I was wrong
Lakers 2020
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#14 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 6, 2017 4:21 pm

Camping Fan wrote:
Tussin33 wrote:
kenwood3333 wrote:

I assume that you was talking to the other dude who seemed to think that getting Jimmy Butler was a good thing. In my opinion the Timberwolves made some moves, but they didn't sound impressive or spectacular which it sounds like you agree. Still they did end up with three players who have averaged 20+ points, and that could be good if(very big if) Butler recovers. I am not a fan of trading for an injured recovering from injuries. I think they could make the playoffs with a good coach and chemistry. To bad they are not in the Eastern Conference though

This is the first I've heard of Butler being injured. Also LaVine is in no way a PG.
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#15 » by Camping Fan » Thu Sep 7, 2017 11:05 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:
Tussin33 wrote:

This is the first I've heard of Butler being injured. Also LaVine is in no way a PG.

Relatively small injury from what I can remember without looking it up - and as I said - I wasn't really impressed enough to say "Wow - Minnesota made some spectacular moves" - I don't think they made bad moves in particular though either. I do wish them and their fans good luck though and a successful season
Lakers 2020
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#16 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 8, 2017 5:34 am

Camping Fan wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:I assume that you was talking to the other dude who seemed to think that getting Jimmy Butler was a good thing. In my opinion the Timberwolves made some moves, but they didn't sound impressive or spectacular which it sounds like you agree. Still they did end up with three players who have averaged 20+ points, and that could be good if(very big if) Butler recovers. I am not a fan of trading for an injured recovering from injuries. I think they could make the playoffs with a good coach and chemistry. To bad they are not in the Eastern Conference though

Relatively small injury from what I can remember without looking it up - and as I said - I wasn't really impressed enough to say "Wow - Minnesota made some spectacular moves" - I don't think they made bad moves in particular though either. I do wish them and their fans good luck though and a successful season

If you're not impressed by the Wolves picking up a top ten player in the league in his prime on a good contract, then you're just not going to be impressed. Superstars like Butler change the entire team and game. Wolves will be one of the best teams in the league as long as he is here. Now in a conference with the Warriors, Rockets, and Spurs that might only get us to the second round of the playoffs, the next couple seasons, but Butler should have a long shelf life as one of the best players in the league. I would guess for the next seven years. Also you are the only person I have ever heard that he is damaged goods coming off an injury from. I'm not going to believe you are correct about that.

Return to Polls Discussion