ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Buehler Bullpen 

Post#841 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:10 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Buehler transitioning to the bullpen?

Potential call up?
Or are we going to wait until rosters expand?

I think and have been advocating for Buehler to be in the bullpen once the roster expands. He's a live arm with good control and MLB players have not faced him. He could be a great weapon like Wacha was for the Cardinals during the 2013 playoffs, but hopefully with a better career, especially in the regular season.

This would also allow Walker to give himself some Major League experience both late in the regular season and a taste of the postseason while setting him up as a candidate for the rotation next season.

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

World Champions or Bust (UPDATED) 

Post#842 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:10 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Where TF are you guys?

Are you guys scared of any team?
The Nats? We did face them without Strassy.

The Cubs? They look like they'll be an October participant...but they really just dont seem as good as last year.

Dirt Bags?
Rockies?

TALK TO ME!

I surprisingly had a full schedule yesterday and even missed Saturday's comeback victory. I'm still physically recovering a bit, to be honest.

We're undoutbedly the best team in baseball, but I'm more concerned about us falling into bad habits and mishandling the pressure once the postseason starts but it's a relatively minor fear. Acccording to FanGraphs, we currently have the best odds of winning the World Series but it's at 18.7% so that leaves a 81.3% against the field, so we can't get cocky. However, FiveThirtyEight gives us a 31% chance to win it all, but again, that's 69% against everyone else.

With regards to notable teams I'd be concerned about, though not afraid of, I'd list the Nationals, Cubs, Astros, and Yankees. The Cubs seem to be awakening from their post-World-Series hangover and they have the players and experience to prove formidable. The Nationals have arguably the favorite for both the Cy Young and MVP awards in Scherzer and Harper, respectively, along with a good group of support including Turner.

In the American League, the Astros have a dangerous offense when all their players are healthy, which should be the case for them when the playoffs start, plus, some decent frontline pitching. The Yankees have the best bullpen in baseball and some dangerous offensive players headlined by Aaron Judge.

Anything short of a World Series victory would be a big disappointment during what looks like a historic run for the Dodgers.

Updated: Just added FiveThirtyEight's odds.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Ryu Making Good 

Post#843 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:34 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Ryu with a clean 1st.

Making his bid to be in the October rotation.

Ryu is certainly making a solid case to make the postseason roster, but I don't see him making the rotation for the playoffs barring injury. Kershaw, Darvish, Wood, and Hill seem like near locks. Hill might be Ryu's best chance to overtake a pitcher in the pecking order but Hill's postseason experience gives him a huge advantage.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Looking Forward to Better Morrow 

Post#844 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:45 am

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Asian Arms of Success 

Post#845 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:03 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Re: 2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international 

Post#846 » by TKainZero » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:11 am

Ryu looking strong

Dodgers can legit run out a stacked 6 man rotation to end the season.

Kershaw
Darvish
Wood
Hill
Ryu
Medea

All these guys deserve to be starting.
And just wait til 2019 for urias
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Ranma
RealGM

Hadouken! 

Post#847 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:28 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#848 » by TKainZero » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:30 am

What is the dodgers record since bellinger came up?

60-15ish?
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Ranma
RealGM

Bellinger's Blast 

Post#849 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:41 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Dodgers 9 - 11 Before Bellinger's Call-Up April 25th 

Post#850 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:44 am

TKainZero wrote:What is the dodgers record since bellinger came up?

60-15ish?

Not counting tonight's game, the Dodgers are 69 - 21 since Cody was called up.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Ryu Making Good 

Post#851 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:38 am

Ranma wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Ryu with a clean 1st.

Making his bid to be in the October rotation.

Ryu is certainly making a solid case to make the postseason roster, but I don't see him making the rotation for the playoffs barring injury. Kershaw, Darvish, Wood, and Hill seem like near locks. Hill might be Ryu's best chance to overtake a pitcher in the pecking order but Hill's postseason experience gives him a huge advantage.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Hill's spot is the only spot I was dreaming of at this point.
Oh and Ryu's 2013 NLCS start and 2014 NLDS start against the Cardinals > RIch Hill's 6 innings vs. Chicago last year.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#852 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:38 am

So we aren't a good base running team?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#853 » by Neddy » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:18 pm

The Cubs? They look like they'll be an October participant...but they really just dont seem as good as last year.

Dirt Bags?
Rockies?

TALK TO ME!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I've had my dental school freshman year's roommate come visit me for the weekend. sorry for my absence.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#854 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:56 pm

Neddy wrote:

Dirt Bags?
Rockies?

TALK TO ME!

I've had my dental school freshman year's roommate come visit me for the weekend. sorry for my absence.

I was in the office prepping a trial all weekend. So when I wasnt focusing, I was here.

Say something about your long lost cousin in law. :D
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#855 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:31 pm

I think we've got to deal Adrian Gonzalez.

He cannot play 1B for this team. I don't want Taylor bumped out of the lineup to accommodate Adrian by putting Bellinger in left. More importantly, I've considered Neddy saying keep him around as a pinch hitter....No. Adrian is always seen as the ultimate "professional" but he will file his protest and chirp to the media about a lack of playing time if he gets here and doesn't get his spot back. You can bank on that.

Put him on waivers.
Deal him.
Ranma
RealGM

Heredia PotM in Pioneer League 

Post#856 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:05 am

Read on Twitter
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#857 » by Neddy » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:32 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:

Dirt Bags?
Rockies?

TALK TO ME!

I was in the office prepping a trial all weekend. So when I wasnt focusing, I was here.

Say something about your long lost cousin in law. :D

what, other than he has been freaking awesome!

my sister in law and her husband stopped by 1o days ago and now my old roomie from 2 decades ago came around showing me my limits. my physical body may not be able to take the old day's usual pounding, but at least this year has been a one incredible season i can ever remember.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Jansen & Morrow Atop List of Top Relief Pitchers 

Post#858 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Stewart Back for Now 

Post#859 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 8, 2017 10:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Yasiel Wearing Golden Glove 

Post#860 » by Ranma » Wed Aug 9, 2017 4:04 am

Puig pulled up a bit lame running out an infield hit earlier but remained in the game, but he's been nails in RF flashing serious leather throughout the opening game in this series in Arizona. Maeda worked himself out of trouble in multiple innings while Baez is just a batting-practice machine.

I shook my head when Orel said that Jansen, Morrow, and Baez were all capable of handling the 9th inning for the Dodgers. Baez doesn't belong in the discussion even though he has the arm and stuff at times but his approach and mentality is sorely lacking for that role.

Turner's 2 home runs and Puig's impeccable defense are the 2 biggest things that have the Dodgers in a position to win right now.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers