ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1581 » by reub » Sun Aug 6, 2017 10:11 pm

Smoker's in the major leagues while Edgin is playing single deck blackjack at the Stratosphere.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,949

Post#1582 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Aug 7, 2017 12:03 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Yes, they could. They also could've used Duda too. Should be interesting.

Bruce has the Yanks on his no trade list, damn shame because he'd be perfect for them. Obviously he could waive it, after all he's played for us for over a year now.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#1583 » by blueNorange » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:39 am

7.32 era
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#1584 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:52 am

blueNorange wrote:7.32 era

You're boy is looking like the unseasoned inexperienced rookie that he is at SS. He's made some real bone-headed plays in the field since he's been up.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1585 » by blueNorange » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:53 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

You're boy is looking like the unseasoned inexperienced rookie that he is at SS. He's made some real bone-headed plays in the field since he's been up.

and?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,949

Post#1586 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:30 pm

Rosario hopefully learned a valuable lesson, his lapse really hurt the Mets yesterday. With that being said, hopefully casual fans understand what Rookies usually go throw harsh growing pains at first. Judge batted 180 last year and struck out like 600 times and this year looked like Stanton part two.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1587 » by reub » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:55 pm

Rosario should definitely be up and playing now in the majors.
Edgin shouldn't.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1588 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:22 pm

blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

and?

So he wasn't ready to come up and play SS when we were still in it ... like you wanted and like I warmed you.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1589 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:29 pm

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1590 » by blueNorange » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:00 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

and?

So he wasn't ready to come up and play SS when we were still in it ... like you wanted and like I warmed you.

you didn't warn anything since rosario, in the one week, has shown to be better than reyes, cabrera, and flores.

so honestly what are you talking about? that error? go ahead :lol:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1591 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:04 pm

blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:and?

you didn't warn anything since rosario, in the one week, has shown to be better than reyes, cabrera, and flores.

You and I argued over whether to bring up Rosario back in May. You don't recall that?

It wasn't just an "error." That wouldn't bother me. It was a missed tag on a perfect throw to second base and there was a botched cover of 2B on a hit and run in another game. The point being, that you can't just call up a neophyte like him and play him at SS during a pennant race.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1592 » by reub » Mon Aug 7, 2017 8:17 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

You and I argued over whether to bring up Rosario back in May. You don't recall that?

It wasn't just an "error." That wouldn't bother me. It was a missed tag on a perfect throw to second base and there was a botched cover of 2B on a hit and run in another game. The point being, that you can't just call up a neophyte like him and play him at SS during a pennant race.

Rosario has struck out 10 times in 22 at bats so far, hitting .182. 0 homers and 1 RBI.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1593 » by blueNorange » Mon Aug 7, 2017 8:41 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:you didn't warn anything since rosario, in the one week, has shown to be better than reyes, cabrera, and flores.

Rosario has struck out 10 times in 22 at bats so far, hitting .182. 0 homers and 1 RBI.

lol again, keep rooting for him to fail. just shows the type of fan you are. you want him to fail so you can make these posts, so sad.

and before you come back and say i'm hoping smoker fails, that's not true. smoker already sucks, he was never good.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1594 » by reub » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:38 pm

I'm not rooting for Rosario to fail at all. Me, along with Wingo, are simply pointing out how wrong you were about bringing him up when we were still in contention. Your hubris brings these reactions from those around you and from the forum community.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1595 » by blueNorange » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:27 am

reub wrote:I'm not rooting for Rosario to fail at all. Me, along with Wingo, are simply pointing out how wrong you were about bringing him up when we were still in contention. Your hubris brings these reactions from those around you and from the forum community.

i wasn't wrong about anything, i said his defense and range alone will improve the team and voila ... rosario in the 6 games has shown that he's the most athletic shortstop since prime reyes.

his strong accurate arm and range up the middle would've helped, you don't think so. that's fine, i don't care about your opinions ... afterall you think smoker is good. :lol: so like who cares what you think tho :dontknow:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1596 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:09 am

blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:I'm not rooting for Rosario to fail at all. Me, along with Wingo, are simply pointing out how wrong you were about bringing him up when we were still in contention. Your hubris brings these reactions from those around you and from the forum community.

i wasn't wrong about anything, i said his defense and range alone will improve the team and voila ... rosario in the 6 games has shown that he's the most athletic shortstop since prime reyes.

his strong accurate arm and range up the middle would've helped, you don't think so. that's fine, i don't care about your opinions ... afterall you think smoker is good. :lol: so like who cares what you think tho :dontknow:

reub asked me to respond to your response. He's tied up at the moment.

"LOL, when did I say Smoker was good? In fact, I said the opposite. I said both he and Edgin suck. So you couldn't be more wrong.

As for not caring about my opinion, I never said you needed to. And, guess what, since you didn't ask either, I could care less about yours. :lol:

Anything else you'd care to argue about tonight? My last appointment is at 1 a.m. EST."

reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1597 » by reub » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:24 pm

blueNorange wrote:

He has "improved the team" so much that we just got swept at home by the Dodgers! :lol: :lol: :lol:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1598 » by blueNorange » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:59 pm

reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

He has "improved the team" so much that we just got swept at home by the Dodgers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

what does this even mean? :lol: the dodgers are 47 games over .500 :lol:

do you just enjoy standing there and taking the L's?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1599 » by reub » Tue Aug 8, 2017 9:17 pm

blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:i wasn't wrong about anything, i said his defense and range alone will improve the team and voila ... rosario in the 6 games has shown that he's the most athletic shortstop since prime reyes.

what does this even mean? :lol: the dodgers are 47 games over .500 :lol:

do you just enjoy standing there and taking the L's?

Wingo is tied up at the moment. He says that Rosario hasn't improved the team and probably won't do so for the remainder of the season. I agree. He's been striking out so much that he's actually reducing global warming!
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1600 » by reub » Tue Aug 8, 2017 9:19 pm

reub wrote:Smoker's in the major leagues while Edgin is playing single deck blackjack at the Stratosphere.

Edgin just hit on 17....dumbass!

Return to New York Knicks