ImageImageImageImageImage

My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills - UPDATE pg 7 - Delvec is a hero!!!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Re: My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills at the Pirates game 

Post#21 » by Phish Tank » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:09 pm

delvec19 wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:well Scott Perry's a natural Steelers fan since his father was a Steeler.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mills was also a Steelers fan either.

Yup he told me that's how they got the seats to the game. Someone high up in the Steelers organization (forgot the name)

Scott personally knows the Rooney family through his father
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Re: My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills at the Pirates game 

Post#22 » by god shammgod » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:10 pm

look, don't take this the wrong way but i would never bother people like this. they're out trying to enjoy a game and they're forced to do a press conference. you're sneaking pictures of them. i don't know man. no offense.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#23 » by Blockwatcher » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:12 pm

Good man. Way to let them know we are about that rebuild
1 John 2 : 15-17
delvec19
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,917

Post#24 » by delvec19 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:12 pm

god shammgod wrote:look, don't take this the wrong way but i would never bother people like this. they're out trying to enjoy a game and they're forced to do a press conference. you're sneaking pictures of them. i don't know man. no offense.

Technically, Scott started talking to me first. Also my friend snapped the photo, never even knew he did so until later on.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#25 » by Fury » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:12 pm

god shammgod wrote:look, don't take this the wrong way but i would never bother people like this. they're out trying to enjoy a game and they're forced to do a press conference. you're sneaking pictures of them. i don't know man. no offense.

F that ****, do what you gotta do. They can handle it
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#26 » by god shammgod » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:14 pm

delvec19 wrote:

Technically, Scott started talking to me first. Also my friend snapped the photo, never even knew he did so until later on.

some casual chit chat with the people sitting next to you is not what i'm talking about. but do you.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,834

Post#27 » by BowlRips » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:16 pm

seems like OP was very chill in his conversation with Perry/Mills.. I get for your an annoying stalker fan but they are people.. you can talk with them
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,210

Post#28 » by Knicks Byke » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:23 pm

we need more of you and less of the NotPhilJackson's of this world.
Caramel_Anton
Junior
And1: 97

Post#29 » by Caramel_Anton » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:30 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:we need more of you and less of the NotPhilJackson's of this world.

NotPhilJackson is a legend

god shammgod wrote: look, don't take this the wrong way but i would never bother people like this. they're out trying to enjoy a game and they're forced to do a press conference. you're sneaking pictures of them. i don't know man. no offense.

Dude, idk, I think you're bein a lil harsh. Do you really think the GM & Team President of the Knicks don't expect to encounter Knick's Fans and talk with them? They seemed genuinely happy to hear from a fans mouth that true fans support a long term rebuild. They were asking counter questions to the stuff he was saying - and even reopened the conversation with the guy. OP did a great job and I hope any and ALL fans reiterate to these guys that we are pining for a long term rebuild focused on Kp6 and our young core.
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#30 » by symbiotic » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:37 pm

You may have seriously done something that altered the long-term history of the Knicks franchise, or moved the needle ever so slightly. Thank goodness the fortune happened that they sat next to a Knicks RealGMer.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#31 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:43 pm

delvec19 wrote:Yeah guys, trust me I wish I had more time to talk with them and that i could have wracked my brain for more interesting topics and questions but being so overwhelmed in that moment... I did the best I could do haha.

This was incredibly well written and had more information than anything I've seen from Berman or Isola (or a host of ESPN hacks) in years.

Thanks so much for doing this service for your friends here at RealGM!

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,635

Post#32 » by mpharris36 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 9:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:
delvec19 wrote:

some casual chit chat with the people sitting next to you is not what i'm talking about. but do you.

why so grumpy? he didn't do anything wrong here IMO. Sounded pretty polite and asked them simple questions. He didn't probe on questions they couldn't answer.

These guys make a sh*t tone of money and there job is please knicks fans so they can't take a few minutes out of there day to answer some questions for a die hard?

little hard on the guy sham :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,719

Post#33 » by Handledatruth » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:00 pm

This pretty much reaffirms everything they stated in their press conference. I'm glad the OP had a candid conversation that confirmed this. Great post.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#34 » by god shammgod » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:08 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
delvec19 wrote:

why some grumpy? he didn't do anything wrong here IMO. Sounded pretty polite and asked them simple questions. He didn't probe on questions they couldn't answer.

These guys make a sh*t tone of money and there job is please knicks fans so they can't take a few minutes out of there day to answer some questions for a die hard?

little hard on the guy sham :lol:

i'm really not trying to be hard on him and i'm sure most people disagree with me too. saying "big fan" or whatever, that's all good. my man broke down the whole roster and plans for the future :lol:

and what you bolded, i so disagree with that attitude. if i went to your movie, you owe me. if i bought your album, you owe me. and so on. i've seen people do this and it's embarrassing to be honest. i'm gonna leave it alone though. no offense to the op. i'm not trying to start anything with him. although if you were offended mpharris, i'm fine with it.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#35 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:15 pm

Isn't baseball pretty much the "entertainment" where you go to eat and talk with other person you are going with?

edit: Should've just pretended you don't speak the language and listen to all the inside stuff.. Well, I hope the next guys with similar encounter will learn.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,174

Post#36 » by Kampuchea » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:20 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:Isn't baseball pretty much the "entertainment" where you go to eat and talk with other person you are going with?

I agree. They didn't want chats with strangers. But nice of them to appease the person bothering them.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#37 » by magnumt » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:23 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
magnumt wrote:Did they say anything about Frank?

Thanks for emphasizing that we WANT to keep our youth! :clap:

Also, thanks for sharing your story!

--Mags :beer:

seriously, im glad they didn't bump into 3tothemelo :lol: :lol:

im sure execs don't take everything us fans say to heart but the fact that he said we are really focused on youth and will support the team through the rebuild.

I wish he asked if they already have there sigths on next years draft class ***cough doncic cough***

I could actually see them taking Porter. They may not want to continue with JUST Euros.

:dontknow:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,289

Post#38 » by NewEra » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:27 pm

"Just Wait and See"

:-)
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#39 » by boomann21 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:28 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:Isn't baseball pretty much the "entertainment" where you go to eat and talk with other person you are going with?

I agree. They didn't want chats with strangers. But nice of them to appease the person bothering them.

Glad it wasn't me. I would of followed them to their car inquiring how we were going to fix this Joakim Noah situation and if we are going young why not Derrick Walton over Ramon Sessions.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,605

Post#40 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:30 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
magnumt wrote:Did they say anything about Frank?

Thanks for emphasizing that we WANT to keep our youth! :clap:

Also, thanks for sharing your story!

seriously, im glad they didn't bump into 3tothemelo :lol: :lol:

im sure execs don't take everything us fans say to heart but the fact that he said we are really focused on youth and will support the team through the rebuild.

I wish he asked if they already have there sigths on next years draft class ***cough doncic cough***

lol why?
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks