ImageImageImageImageImage

My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills - UPDATE pg 7 - Delvec is a hero!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,942

Re: My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills at the Pirates game 

Post#41 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:53 pm

pics and it DID happen. nice work!
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Re: My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills at the Pirates game 

Post#42 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:58 pm

Comment not to make:

"I see you are mum on the Melo trade rumors, but I have it on good authority from someone who boned Dan Patrick's daughter that you are trading Melo to Houston and Harkless and Turner are coming back via Portland. Care to comment?"
RealGM
And1: 39,206

Post#43 » by 2010 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:17 pm

delvec19 wrote:OK let me start by saying I rarely ever post on this forum anymore, just more of a lurker and in-season game thread commenter once in a while. But I HAD to share this.

My friends and I always do some sort of baseball road trip in the summer. This year was 2 Yankees @ Cleveland games Fri and Sat nights. Then we figured we hit up Pittsburgh on the way back Sunday. My other friend decided he would meet up with us last minute and ended up buying a 1st row seat to the Pitt game (since they were so cheap $90!) Right next to the visitor dugout on the field basically. I went and sat with him since there was an empty seat.

All of a sudden this 2 guys come down and I didn't really give them a good look at first since you never expect it be anyone important. I had casual talk with Scott without even knowing it was him at first. Talking about good the seats were and how we had to watch out for passed balls by the first baseman. After a few mins I glanced at him and the guy he was with...that's when I realized it was Scott Perry and Steve Mills. Both wearing Steelers caps. It took me another inning to get the guts to tell them that I knew who they were and that I was a big Knicks fan!

They told me they were both in town visiting the Steelers practice and training camp. They could not have been any nicer and more down to the earth. I stressed how big of a fan I was among other topics and said that majority of us fans were for a legit rebuild, they brought this point up again later and I told them yes absolutely we fans are willing to wait years and that want it built the right way. To build around KP, Willy, and Frank specifically. One of my early questions and I couldn't believe I asked it, but I brought up Melo and what's going on with him...they decided to get pretty mum about it and then they said "just wait and see". I didn't wanna pry any further than that. We also talked about the rookies, Frank's injury, Dotson, and they brought up they were impressed with Kornet. They brought up how the media thinks they speak for the fans and I 100% agreed and told them guys like Isola and Berman were jokes. They laughed. We discussed how it's simply a player's league, the Warrior's stranglehold on the league (including how they built their team with draft picks and were able to land Durant). I brought up if they thought LeBron was leaving Cleveland, Perry gave me a subtle nod of the head. I brushed upon Kyrie, but I didn't ask if they were after him. I just made it a point that we were over going after other teams' superstars and that we wanted a home grown team of our own.

My friends decided to hit the road unfortunately around the 6th inning since it was a long drive home to NJ (surprised those 2 stayed as long as they did), wish I could have talked more, but we shook their hands, congratulated them again on their new jobs and thanked them for their time.

EDIT: Here's my proof, I was too shy to ask them for a legit pic, but my buddy snapped a candid shot here haha

Infinite props my dude. You get gawd status for the sneak-pic for proof alone, nevermind the tough questions :lol:

You need to be hired as one of RealGM's media contingent!

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,568

Post#44 » by Knick4Real » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:18 pm

delvec19 wrote:OK let me start by saying I rarely ever post on this forum anymore, just more of a lurker and in-season game thread commenter once in a while. But I HAD to share this.

My friends and I always do some sort of baseball road trip in the summer. This year was 2 Yankees @ Cleveland games Fri and Sat nights. Then we figured we hit up Pittsburgh on the way back Sunday. My other friend decided he would meet up with us last minute and ended up buying a 1st row seat to the Pitt game (since they were so cheap $90!) Right next to the visitor dugout on the field basically. I went and sat with him since there was an empty seat.

All of a sudden this 2 guys come down and I didn't really give them a good look at first since you never expect it be anyone important. I had casual talk with Scott without even knowing it was him at first. Talking about good the seats were and how we had to watch out for passed balls by the first baseman. After a few mins I glanced at him and the guy he was with...that's when I realized it was Scott Perry and Steve Mills. Both wearing Steelers caps. It took me another inning to get the guts to tell them that I knew who they were and that I was a big Knicks fan!

RealGM
And1: 39,206

Post#45 » by 2010 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:21 pm

god shammgod wrote:look, don't take this the wrong way but i would never bother people like this. they're out trying to enjoy a game and they're forced to do a press conference. you're sneaking pictures of them. i don't know man. no offense.

#dead :lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Post#46 » by Scalabrine » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:31 pm

Rodimus921 wrote:Wow great job. I saw Mills when he was under Thomas back in 2007 in a Borders book store. I didnt have the guts to ask him anything but Im glad you did. Its good to see that management is willing to talk to the knicks fans on their personal time.

I think most managers/presidents at any successful business (even small) will tell you there is little such thing as personal time. Especially in this case where they went to a sporting event.

Cool story OP! Thanks for sharing.
Go Knicks!
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#47 » by louieOrr » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:27 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Comment not to make:

"I see you are mum on the Melo trade rumors, but I have it on good authority from someone who boned Dan Patrick's daughter that you are trading Melo to Houston and Harkless and Turner are coming back via Portland. Care to comment?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,548

Post#48 » by mpharris36 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:38 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
magnumt wrote:Did they say anything about Frank?

Thanks for emphasizing that we WANT to keep our youth! :clap:

Also, thanks for sharing your story!

--Mags :beer:

seriously, im glad they didn't bump into 3tothemelo :lol: :lol:

im sure execs don't take everything us fans say to heart but the fact that he said we are really focused on youth and will support the team through the rebuild.

I wish he asked if they already have there sigths on next years draft class ***cough doncic cough***

lol why?

You would probably tell them knicks fans still want to build around melo :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#49 » by F N 11 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:53 am

Niceeeee
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#50 » by F N 11 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:03 am

Thanks for confirming we on to the youth movement. Forget the grumpy old people. You have done something great here brother.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#51 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:45 am

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

seriously, im glad they didn't bump into 3tothemelo :lol: :lol:

im sure execs don't take everything us fans say to heart but the fact that he said we are really focused on youth and will support the team through the rebuild.

I wish he asked if they already have there sigths on next years draft class ***cough doncic cough***

lol why?

You would probably tell them knicks fans still want to build around melo :lol:

:nonono: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1583222#start_here
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,631

Post#52 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:05 am

Very cool
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#53 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:07 am

So did the OP Delvec19 copyright this? We should all start looking to see which "reporter" turns the OP's experience into a "scoop" and then we can bust their fraudulent ass!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#54 » by Hemispheres » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:10 am

I feel like you represented the smart portion of the fan base well. Good job! KP and Frank are the future. Keep adding more young pieces and build the right way.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#55 » by PeoplesChamp » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:18 am

Nice work. And better info than any "insider" has spouted all off-season.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#56 » by Adelheid » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:43 am

Scalabrine wrote:
Rodimus921 wrote:Wow great job. I saw Mills when he was under Thomas back in 2007 in a Borders book store. I didnt have the guts to ask him anything but Im glad you did. Its good to see that management is willing to talk to the knicks fans on their personal time.

I think most managers/presidents at any successful business (even small) will tell you there is little such thing as personal time. Especially in this case where they went to a sporting event.

Cool story OP! Thanks for sharing.

They are quite aware that they themselves are a public figure just like the players so its all good as long as a fan doesnt go below the belt with the convo.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#57 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:01 am

delvec19 wrote:

EDIT: Here's my proof, I was too shy to ask them for a legit pic, but my buddy snapped a candid shot here haha

IDK... Usually to have proof here you need underwear or baby pics....

Thanks for the info!! Glad you got the right message to them. I would have hated it if one of the "trade the house for Kyrie, he's not like Marbury or Melo, we swear!" people.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#58 » by Da_Mane_Man » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:30 am

Honestly, if mills and perry were smart, they'd welcome candid conversations like this with fans. To know that there are knick fans out there that would wait for a rebuild is pretty valuable info.

Awesome post OP.
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#59 » by FreeSpiritNY » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:00 am

why aren't they working, trying to trade melo? Instead they are at a pits game... im kidding but kind of not kidding.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#60 » by Jstarks3 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:49 am

symbiotic wrote:You may have seriously done something that altered the long-term history of the Knicks franchise, or moved the needle ever so slightly. Thank goodness the fortune happened that they sat next to a Knicks RealGMer.

if it was 3toheadmelo or greenie, it may have set our franchise back another decade or 2. thanks, delvec!
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o

Return to New York Knicks