ImageImageImageImageImage

My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills - UPDATE pg 7 - Delvec is a hero!!!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Re: My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills at the Pirates game 

Post#61 » by Bill Pidto » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:15 am

Dude! You're an angel. You did a really good deed, representing the fan base properly in what was probably an incredibly rare moment/opportunity. To catch those guys together like that and be able to have such an intimate conversation about all the important topics pertaining to the Knicks is something we all wish we could do. It's something I would have loved to do for years and years. This was even better than running into Dolan. I hope it has an impact. Many pats on the back for you.
egelband
Rookie
And1: 373

Re: My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills at the Pirates game 

Post#62 » by egelband » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:38 am

this is amazing. terrific story. and there's nothing wrong with asking people about their work. usually, assuming they like their work, they're happy to chat about it. also it gives us some hope that the team is in good hands. thank you for sharing this!
I dunno.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#63 » by FutureKnicksGM » Tue Aug 8, 2017 10:08 am

Props Delvec. Good read.

I might have been just the way you wrote and not actually how they said it, but Mills & Perry sounded confident with the "just wait and see" on Melo.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#64 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:44 am

I'm with shammgod here. I like knowing this stuff, but it puts them in awkward situation. And it's public now.
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#65 » by Huey Freeman » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:22 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:I'm with shammgod here. I like knowing this stuff, but it puts them in awkward situation. And it's public now.

True, but I think this happens to them DAILY; this time they just encountered a RealGM poster. TBH, even though it may be bothersome at times it comes with the job. You know that going in.
Revolution starts in the mind...
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#66 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:29 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Comment not to make:

"I see you are mum on the Melo trade rumors, but I have it on good authority from someone who boned Dan Patrick's daughter that you are trading Melo to Houston and Harkless and Turner are coming back via Portland. Care to comment?"

:bows:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#67 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:51 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:Dude! You're an angel. You did a really good deed, representing the fan base properly in what was probably an incredibly rare moment/opportunity. To catch those guys together like that and be able to have such an intimate conversation about all the important topics pertaining to the Knicks is something we all wish we could do. It's something I would have loved to do for years and years. This was even better than running into Dolan. I hope it has an impact. Many pats on the back for you.

delvec definitely lived the dream there!

probably is not as impactful as we'd like to believe. i'm sure they run into knick fans ALL THE TIME and hear all kinds of craziness. i bet part of the job is just knowing how to handle those situations with tact.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#68 » by FreeSpiritNY » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:57 pm

How can anyone be mad at this dude asking questions. It's not like he is asking someone at mcdonalds how does he feel about working there and did anything special happen. Your asking question to millionaires who have dream jobs. Hey do they have fan comping up to them from time to time yes. But guess what that comes with the territory. This particular fan actually had the balls but also respect to asking question but not try to forcefully pry. He was also at a baseball game and we all know how long those are.

Good job fella! Always go take you shot. Just like eminem you only get one shot one chance.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Post#69 » by F N 11 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:41 pm

The fact that they laughed at your Berman and Isola comment is hilarious.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#70 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:43 pm

Great story. Im glad you were able to be our voice. True rebuild or GTFO
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#71 » by boomann21 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:13 pm

JoeypopsNY wrote:How can anyone be mad at this dude asking questions. It's not like he is asking someone at mcdonalds how does he feel about working there and did anything special happen. Your asking question to millionaires who have dream jobs. Hey do they have fan comping up to them from time to time yes. But guess what that comes with the territory. This particular fan actually had the balls but also respect to asking question but not try to forcefully pry. He was also at a baseball game and we all know how long those are.

Good job fella! Always go take you shot. Just like eminem you only get one shot one chance.

I don't know. I think I would be happy if I worked at McDonalds and someone asked about the McRib and when will it make it's return. I don't think fast food workers get enough attention paid to their line of work.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#72 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:52 pm

K P 6 wrote:The fact that they laughed at your Berman and Isola comment is hilarious.

That's the best part of this report. :lol:
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#73 » by Bklyn&company » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:57 pm

Great Job Delvec! Now this Melo trade needs to get done...
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#74 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:34 pm

OP already has 69 well deserved +1's -- does anybody know what the record is?

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#75 » by mugzi » Wed Aug 9, 2017 5:14 am

Props to the OP not only for discussing the squad but posting the pic and solidifying the fact that this board is the preeminent NYK message board on the net. Between the knowledge of posters, ex players family members posting here and hack reporters trolling this board for ideas and scoops. And +1000 of I could.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,977

Post#76 » by Capn'O » Wed Aug 9, 2017 6:28 am

mugzi wrote:Props to the OP not only for discussing the squad but posting the pic and solidifying the fact that this board is the preeminent NYK message board on the net. Between the knowledge of posters, ex players family members posting here and hack reporters trolling this board for ideas and scoops. And +1000 of I could.

You're goddamn right!

BKlutch wrote:OP already has 69 well deserved +1's -- does anybody know what the record is?

There was one that legit got 1000+ on the GB. They made a Piston/Pissed on joke and people just ran with the epicness.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#77 » by BKlutch » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:54 pm

Capn'O wrote:
mugzi wrote:Props to the OP not only for discussing the squad but posting the pic and solidifying the fact that this board is the preeminent NYK message board on the net. Between the knowledge of posters, ex players family members posting here and hack reporters trolling this board for ideas and scoops. And +1000 of I could.

You're goddamn right!

BKlutch wrote:OP already has 69 well deserved +1's -- does anybody know what the record is?

There was one that legit got 1000+ on the GB. They made a Piston/Pissed on joke and people just ran with the epicness.

Wow -- makes me wish I had been here in the days of the giants!

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#78 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Aug 9, 2017 2:56 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

You're goddamn right!

we gotta find this post. and/or the record number of and1s.

i got 59 on the GB once for my response to this question https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=42244622#p42244622
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#79 » by BKlutch » Wed Aug 9, 2017 3:06 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
You're goddamn right!

i got 59 on the GB once for my response to this question https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=42244622#p42244622

No, you have 60 (now) :lol:
You may be the runner up for the Knicks board, but advanced stats show you have the most +1s per word!

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#80 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Aug 9, 2017 3:34 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Wow -- makes me wish I had been here in the days of the giants!

No, you have 60 (now) :lol:
You may be the runner up for the Knicks board, but advanced stats show you have the most +1s per word!

wow. per word advanced analytics. i love it. thank you, kind sir.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks