ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6): Need Input on BAF Voting for Winner..thoughts/suggestions?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#181 » by swisscheeseD » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:16 am

I love my team, and love my matchup now against Spree (redemption from a Finals matchup 2 BAT's ago)...but am genuinely shocked that I snuck past LeBron. No way in hell did I see LeBron getting bounced in Round 2, in general...and even with all its flaws (tho mpharris did a good job building around him with their remaining $), they matched up extremely well against my squad...

I figured the easy decision would be to move LeBron forward, tough not to be able to justify that. I guess they really liked my gameplan, my adjustment to my starting lineup, our ability to hit the 3 with consistency and the larger roles given to Patty Mills and especially Joe Johnson in this series as a secondary "go-to/ISO" option.

Good game mpharris and thanks again to the judges for this opportunity for redemption against Spree.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,967

Post#182 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:43 pm

Good game Cool kids...Kemba's a beast. It was just an exhibition, but Mudiay actually looked pretty good in the Team World vs Team Africa game

Wow, didn't expect Lebron's team to go out at this point in general either...Swiss has a nice team. Balanced with a ton of depth
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#183 » by Mecca » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:07 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Good game Cool kids...Kemba's a beast. It was just an exhibition, but Mudiay actually looked pretty good in the Team World vs Team Africa game

Wow, didn't expect Lebron's team to go out at this point in general either...Swiss has a nice team. Balanced with a ton of depth

Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#184 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:34 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Knicks
76ers (Would've voted Pacers, but he actually started Siakam) (Yes I know about Siakam, he as on my last BAT team)
Lakers
Pelicans

First off congrats to spree, well deserved, solid line-up that i knew i was going to have difficulty against. I would be more pissed but was at OVO fest last night so takes the sting out of this.

secondly this judge (manhattan Project) maybe the most incompetent terrible judge in BAT history. Had me losing in the first round to a Raptors team that was by far a much more favourable match up for myself (for god sake dude was starting gerald henderson who is out for the season), and now is stating I would of won if i started LMA (u shouldnt be a judge if you would of had me beat spree with LMA starting, as the 76ers would just pick apart Lavine,Bojan, LMA)... Yea starting a much better defensive player in Siakam to guard a top 5 player in the league as opposed to running Bojan and LMA and have Leonard drop 50 a game was a terrible decision... LMA was playing the same number of minutes just coming off the bench and playing more favourable match-ups.

All in all i knew this was going to be a tough match-up and would go with Siakam starting everytime as opposed to have Bojan and LMA getting torched by Leonard. Siakam though young is a much better defensive option than those 2. Leonard is a true superstar, SAS would of beat the GSW had he been healthy.

Anyways was a fun BAT, and thank god that i no longer have to defend Lowry and LMA and their awful playoff performance. Lowry is just a bum, playoff AND regular season. Wished the raptors didnt re-sign his this past season. Eric Bledsoe would wipe the floor on him.

Thanks to Bish for running a smooth game and the GMs for being active participants. goodluck to the remaining GMs.

btw did u guys know my dude Jordan Crawford put up 14/3 in 23 min a game shooting 55% from 2 and 40% from 3 on FIVE attempts a game!!
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#185 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:57 pm

Mecca wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Good game Cool kids...Kemba's a beast. It was just an exhibition, but Mudiay actually looked pretty good in the Team World vs Team Africa game

Mavs
Mecca
RealGM

Post#186 » by Mecca » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:04 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Brooklyn Nets
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#187 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:07 pm

Mecca/Smart/Coolkids/Laimbeer/Hoffa/Hezi/Elpoochio/Swiss/br7/Fury /Deez are my top favorite teams.

Fury would have been top 3 for me if he spent the money on a better starting center over the combo of Dedmon/Williams and another player.

40 or less dollars would have gotten Noel/Dwight/Gortat/Dieng/Close to Whiteside/Robin/Adams/Deandre Jordan who would have been great as the center I think.

Mecca has my favorite team of the bunch though.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#188 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:49 pm

now that i am out just curious to know if my final starting line-up is better than the 2 other potential starting line-up i could of had:

Finalized: Lowry/Lavine/Bojan/LMA/Gobert

Potential #1: Wall/Ellington/Bojan/Thad Young/Gobert

Potential #2: Lowry/Lavine/Bojan/Love/Gobert

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#189 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:50 pm

Mecca wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I knew that was coming. :lol:

But KP isn't a rookie anymore.

Mavs
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#190 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:19 pm

I predicted whoever wrote 400 words during the first round would be in the western conference finals. Stop acting like it was not you Mecca. Your ass was quiet when I called that out.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#191 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:24 pm

Looks Like Spree and Mecca in the Finals to me. Put an asterisk by Meccas chip if he gets one. He needed Help? :o

Spoiler:
J/K :lol:
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#192 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:47 pm

i was really looking forward to **** on swiss team today..

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#193 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:48 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Looks Like Spree and Mecca in the Finals to me. Put an asterisk by Meccas chip if he gets one. He needed Help? :o

Spoiler:
J/K :lol:

at least he finally figured out he could not win a BAT by himself..

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#194 » by Greenie » Wed Aug 9, 2017 12:52 am

This died...quick
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#195 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:31 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:secondly this judge (manhattan Project) maybe the most incompetent terrible judge in BAT history. Had me losing in the first round to a Raptors team that was by far a much more favourable match up for myself (for god sake dude was starting gerald henderson who is out for the season), and now is stating I would of won if i started LMA (u shouldnt be a judge if you would of had me beat spree with LMA starting, as the 76ers would just pick apart Lavine,Bojan, LMA)... Yea starting a much better defensive player in Siakam to guard a top 5 player in the league as opposed to running Bojan and LMA and have Leonard drop 50 a game was a terrible decision... LMA was playing the same number of minutes just coming off the bench and playing more favourable match-ups.

I didn't think much of Spree's team in the East, matchups favored him. With LMA coming off the bench, I could see your team trailing early pretty easy in every game. Due to that fact, I had no choice but to give it to Spree. Plus last round Westbrook > Your team, so don't really care.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Mecca
RealGM

Post#196 » by Mecca » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:07 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:I predicted whoever wrote 400 words during the first round would be in the western conference finals. Stop acting like it was not you Mecca. Your ass was quiet when I called that out.

LOL :lol:

Mine was like 320 words. I went over, but not 400+ :lol: I been hella busy lately so I ain't even see that.

This Imperius Rex hard af though. The track w DOOM wild.
Brooklyn Nets
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#197 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:secondly this judge (manhattan Project) maybe the most incompetent terrible judge in BAT history. Had me losing in the first round to a Raptors team that was by far a much more favourable match up for myself (for god sake dude was starting gerald henderson who is out for the season), and now is stating I would of won if i started LMA (u shouldnt be a judge if you would of had me beat spree with LMA starting, as the 76ers would just pick apart Lavine,Bojan, LMA)... Yea starting a much better defensive player in Siakam to guard a top 5 player in the league as opposed to running Bojan and LMA and have Leonard drop 50 a game was a terrible decision... LMA was playing the same number of minutes just coming off the bench and playing more favourable match-ups.

I didn't think much of Spree's team in the East, matchups favored him. With LMA coming off the bench, I could see your team trailing early pretty easy in every game. Due to that fact, I had no choice but to give it to Spree. Plus last round Westbrook > Your team, so don't really care.

since this thread is dying..

going by your logic of WB> than my entire team, wouldnt that mean it didnt matter what line-up i had as Leonard>my entire team and Leonard>Westbrook.

and i disagree with you stating I would be trailing early on with LMA off the bench, leonard would have no one capable of defending him early on had I started LMA and would just have his way. We would be laughed off the floor had Bojan and LMA have to defend Leonard for extended minutes.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Post#198 » by Laimbeer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Mecca/Smart/Coolkids/Laimbeer/Hoffa/Hezi/Elpoochio/Swiss/br7/Fury /Deez are my top favorite teams.

Fury would have been top 3 for me if he spent the money on a better starting center over the combo of Dedmon/Williams and another player.

40 or less dollars would have gotten Noel/Dwight/Gortat/Dieng/Close to Whiteside/Robin/Adams/Deandre Jordan who would have been great as the center I think.

Mecca has my favorite team of the bunch though.

Damn, really? I ended up with the #5 pick in the lotto. :-?
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#199 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:48 pm

When are writeups due or did i miss it?
Mavs
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#200 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:52 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:When are writeups due or did i miss it?

they were due yesterday at noon. but i wouldnt worry you should easily beat LAL

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Return to New York Knicks