What grade do you give the Kings for their offseason moves?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What grade do you give the Kings for their offseason moves? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:54 pm

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. F
Trever1982
Sophomore
And1: 10

Re: What grade do you give the Kings for their offseason moves? 

Post#2 » by Trever1982 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 7:56 pm

Can you put additions and subtractions for these polls you guys keep doing cause I have no idea what teams did
ball_dont_lie23
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#3 » by ball_dont_lie23 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 8:11 pm

Kings had great off season except they gave george hill too many years
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#4 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sun Aug 6, 2017 6:33 pm

ball_dont_lie23 wrote:Kings had great off season except they gave george hill too many years

2 guarateed years? Final year only has a million guaranteed.
Gwd1228
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Gwd1228 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:44 am

The kings now have a great front court and a fast paced team with added veterans to keep the young guys on track. They now have come from just another team in the NBA to a strong player at the start of the season. Fox and heild are going to be fun to watch with all the fast play that will be associated with them and the other young guys.
Dlemma
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Dlemma » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:05 am

I 100% give the Kings an A. They had a GREAT draft, with four very solid picks. As much as I love George Hill, I was a little disappointed to see him sign with Sac due to Fox not getting as much run. That said, to re-invent a struggling franchise it could be counterproductive to not give Fox the chance to earn the starting spot (which I feel is why they gave George Hill such a short-term deal).

VC & Randolph were very smart signs this offseason as well. Obviously they are not at the stage in their careers where they should be relied on to be a #1,2, or 3 option, but they should help instill some good habits to this young team while at the same time making Sacramento look like a place where free agents want to sign. I don't think anyone in the front office is fooling themselves into thinking this is a playoff team. They are simply laying groundwork for the future and did so impeccably.
Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#7 » by Bobalob » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:12 pm

Their moves have been severely overblown imo

Fox is worth the hoopala

But Justin Jackson and Giles don't project to anything more than serviceable role players. And if either one is a starter you're in trouble.

They were available at 15 and 20 for a reason...

And the George Hill signing does nothing but make you less-bad. Instead of, say, a 2018 top 5 pick and growing your backcourt of Fox and Hield, you'll now probably have a #8-10 pick and a backcourt with considerable less playing time. Fox and Hield have no positional flexibility,. Both should only be PG and SG respectively.
Vince604
Junior
And1: 359

Post#8 » by Vince604 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 2:16 pm

Even though it wasn't during the offseason, I'm just happy for them as an organization that they got rid of Demarcus Cousins. Boogie wasn't working out for them even with different coaches trying to tame the all-star center, so it was a bold move by the Kings' front office to let him go and I give them props for that.
My all-time starting five: Hakeem Olajuwan, Michael Jordan, and three 3nD role players.

I follow the NBA, not just one team.

Vancouver Crows NBA expansion team
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#9 » by colaroaster » Wed Aug 9, 2017 8:19 pm

"sacramento queens" shaq, team owner
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#10 » by malgus » Wed Aug 9, 2017 9:28 pm

Vince604 wrote:Even though it wasn't during the offseason, I'm just happy for them as an organization that they got rid of Demarcus Cousins. Boogie wasn't working out for them even with different coaches trying to tame the all-star center, so it was a bold move by the Kings' front office to let him go and I give them props for that.

all well and good to trade him, but the return they got was lousy for arguably the best center in the NBA.
Gwd1228
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#11 » by Gwd1228 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:06 pm

malgus wrote:
Vince604 wrote:Even though it wasn't during the offseason, I'm just happy for them as an organization that they got rid of Demarcus Cousins. Boogie wasn't working out for them even with different coaches trying to tame the all-star center, so it was a bold move by the Kings' front office to let him go and I give them props for that.

all well and good to trade him, but the return they got was lousy for arguably the best center in the NBA.

Lousy? All I know is that when you manage to build one of the top 5 backcourts in the league I wouldn't consider that lousy
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,181

Post#12 » by Biff » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:31 pm

malgus wrote:

The return was lousy for sure but Cousins is only the best center in the NBA if you're going by raw numbers. His advanced stats are pretty mediocre. He seems a lot more motivated this year so we'll see if he and Davis can dominate as they should.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#13 » by IWishIWasHarden » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:34 am

I vote seriously the first time with these polls and then I just do F's the rest of the days since you allow me to vote as many times as I want on the same poll.

Return to Polls Discussion