ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Game of Thrones

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Re: OT: Game of Thrones 

Post#441 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:30 pm

boomann21 wrote:And I also noticed Bran hugs Arya back while glancing at Sansa. When he fist saw Sansa he did not even embrace her so I don't know if Little Finger and Sansa will meet their demise at the same time. It's hard figuring out what that Three eyed Raven has cooking.

Why do you think Sansa will meet her demise?
Caramel_Anton
Junior
And1: 97

Post#442 » by Caramel_Anton » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:31 pm

Blockwatcher wrote:
Caramel_Anton wrote:
boomann21 wrote:And I also noticed Bran hugs Arya back while glancing at Sansa. When he fist saw Sansa he did not even embrace her so I don't know if Little Finger and Sansa will meet their demise at the same time. It's hard figuring out what that Three eyed Raven has cooking.

I noticed this too - Was wondering about that myself.

Word. When he hugged arya I said to my wife "o , I didn't think he still had feelings" even the broad who was his sled dog for hundreds of miles brought nothing out of him... then he hugs arya?

I always felt there was a strong kinship between Bran / Arya / Jon that wasn't quite there with the other 3 children. Am I alone in this? Bran & Arya were the only two siblings that really embraced Jon as a true brother regardless of his status as bastard. I always used that to base my judgment off of for the children and it's always been why Arya & Jon were/are my two favorite characters in the show. Bran has been losing me for a long time lol but I always did like him when he was still Bran.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#443 » by boomann21 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:22 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:

She is basically a third wheel on a date at this point. All her siblings left Winterfell and became their better selves thru training, magic, and bravery.

Everyone keeps asking her why is LIttle Finger here and she keeps repeating they need him and his men of the Vail. The only reason she is keeping him around because he blows hot air into her recently inflated ego. Bran and Araya both have hate in their heart for Little Finger while Sansa continues to give him a pass. I just don't see all the Stark children making it to the last episode and she looks like the weakest link.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Post#444 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:27 am

boomann21 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

She is basically a third wheel on a date at this point. All her siblings left Winterfell and became their better selves thru training, magic, and bravery.

Everyone keeps asking her why is LIttle Finger here and she keeps repeating they need him and his men of the Vail. The only reason she is keeping him around because he blows hot air into her recently inflated ego. Bran and Araya both have hate in their heart for Little Finger while Sansa continues to give him a pass. I just don't see all the Stark children making it to the last episode and she looks like the weakest link.

Yeah.. the way she looked at Arya after she schooled brienne was weird but I thought those two had a little bit of a sibling rivalry. But don't be surprised if Sansa is the one who takes little finger out.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#445 » by Polk377 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:55 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
boomann21 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Yeah.. the way she looked at Arya after she schooled brienne was weird but I thought those two had a little bit of a sibling rivalry. But don't be surprised if Sansa is the one who takes little finger out.

The look was probably just shock and a little bit of fear. It was a holy shyt my little sister really has been out there killing her enemys look lol. Little Finger will be dealt with as soon as Bran spills the beans that he is directly responsible for the war of the 5 kings and Ned's death. Arya will be the one that ends him.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#446 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:17 am

Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#447 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:04 am

boomann21 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

That last part, makes me miss what Game of Thrones had been. Previously, one of the strongest links could be killed, and that is what gave the show a lot of it's power. Feels like the main characters won't be dying anymore.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#448 » by MP4LIFE » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:09 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
boomann21 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

That last part, makes me miss what Game of Thrones had been. Previously, one of the strongest links could be killed, and that is what gave the show a lot of it's power. Feels like the main characters won't be dying anymore.

Some of them will be. This show is heading to the end. Everyone is not making it out alive.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,476

Post#449 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:26 pm

Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#450 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:13 pm

God that last battle was amazing but, in rewatching it 80 times, would've been fine to me if Bronn died trying to fell a dragon. Generally, the show isn't punishing stupidity like the books.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM

Post#451 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:14 pm

Polk377 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
boomann21 wrote:

The look was probably just shock and a little bit of fear. It was a holy shyt my little sister really has been out there killing her enemys look lol. Little Finger will be dealt with as soon as Bran spills the beans that he is directly responsible for the war of the 5 kings and Ned's death. Arya will be the one that ends him.

Also, if you haven't seen the progression in Sansa's character in season 1, especially with her keen sense of reality and leadership abilities, you really have missed a lot. She has changed just as much as the others.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM

Post#452 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:15 pm

Caramel_Anton wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
Brienne's is the second sword from Ned's. The other is Heart's Bane, which Sam stole from his dad.

Ahh...I forgot that. What about Jorah? Does he have a Valyrian steel sword? I'm going to look it up.

Jorah doesn't have a Valyrian steel sword. He's the rightful heir to Longclaw (Jon's sword) but I wouldn't be surprised if Sam gave Jorah Heart's Bane and asked that if he ever encounters Jon Snow, to be a friend. That'd be cool - What's Sam's fat ass going to do with Heart's Bane?

Would be pretty cool for Jon to give longclaw to Jorah.
boomann21
RealGM

Post#453 » by boomann21 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:21 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Also, if you haven't seen the progression in Sansa's character in season 1, especially with her keen sense of reality and leadership abilities, you really have missed a lot. She has changed just as much as the others.

Arya trained under the Hound and "No One" and has the ability to change faces after she kills someone, not to mention she a master assassin. Bran is a Warg who can see the past and present while taking a few glances into possible futures. Jon Snow is a Resurrected Targaryen God of some sort who soon will be able to ride Dragons. Tell me more how Sansa has changed just as much as the others. Sansa has just been passed from Joffery, to Tyrion, to Bolton, and now warming up to Little Finger. What secret powers or training did she get exposed to from the bedside of incapable men?
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM

Post#454 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:36 pm

boomann21 wrote:Arya trained under the Hound and "No One" and has the ability to change faces after she kills someone, not to mention she a master assassin. Bran is a Warg who can see the past and present while taking a few glances into possible futures. Jon Snow is a Resurrected Targaryen God of some sort who soon will be able to ride Dragons. Tell me more how Sansa has changed just as much as the others. Sansa has just been passed from Joffery, to Tyrion, to Bolton, and now warming up to Little Finger. What secret powers or training did she get exposed to from the bedside of incapable men?

And who is king of the realm right now? Not anyone with supernatural powers. Who started this war? Littlefinger, not someone with any supernatural powers. She learned from both and is clearly not as dense or trusting as Ned/Rob/Jon. That's what makes her strong; she knows how to play the game.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#455 » by Marty McFly » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:38 pm

boomann21 wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:The look was probably just shock and a little bit of fear. It was a holy shyt my little sister really has been out there killing her enemys look lol. Little Finger will be dealt with as soon as Bran spills the beans that he is directly responsible for the war of the 5 kings and Ned's death. Arya will be the one that ends him.

Arya trained under the Hound and "No One" and has the ability to change faces after she kills someone, not to mention she a master assassin. Bran is a Warg who can see the past and present while taking a few glances into possible futures. Jon Snow is a Resurrected Targaryen God of some sort who soon will be able to ride Dragons. Tell me more how Sansa has changed just as much as the others. Sansa has just been passed from Joffery, to Tyrion, to Bolton, and now warming up to Little Finger. What secret powers or training did she get exposed to from the bedside of incapable men?
not everyone has to become a faceswapping assassin nor an all seeing tree-god. some of them become politicians. being handy in a fight does not preclude someone from surviving. if anything the opposite is true.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#456 » by Marty McFly » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:40 pm

Caramel_Anton wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Ahh...I forgot that. What about Jorah? Does he have a Valyrian steel sword? I'm going to look it up.

Jorah doesn't have a Valyrian steel sword. He's the rightful heir to Longclaw (Jon's sword) but I wouldn't be surprised if Sam gave Jorah Heart's Bane and asked that if he ever encounters Jon Snow, to be a friend. That'd be cool - What's Sam's fat ass going to do with Heart's Bane?

:crazy: research? on how to make more valyrian steel blades?

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#457 » by Ignitowsky » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:41 pm

boomann21 wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:The look was probably just shock and a little bit of fear. It was a holy shyt my little sister really has been out there killing her enemys look lol. Little Finger will be dealt with as soon as Bran spills the beans that he is directly responsible for the war of the 5 kings and Ned's death. Arya will be the one that ends him.

Sans a "trained" with 2 of the worst pay oaths in the show. Ramsey and Cersei. In a previous episode she said she learned a lot from Cersei. Santa's change has not been as obvious, but I thi no she is now very dangerous. Also, I don't think she is warming up to Middle finger. Quite the opposite.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#458 » by Marty McFly » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:43 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
boomann21 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

bran dropping the mic on littlefinger was all we needed to know with regards to littlefinger.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."

boomann21
RealGM

Post#459 » by boomann21 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:51 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
boomann21 wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:

not everyone has to become a faceswapping assassin nor an all seeing tree-god. some of them become politicians. being handy in a fight does not preclude someone from surviving. if anything the opposite is true.

You forgot Resurrected Drgaon riding Targaryen God also known as the King of the North
Caramel_Anton
Junior
And1: 97

Post#460 » by Caramel_Anton » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:55 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
Caramel_Anton wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Would be pretty cool for Jon to give longclaw to Jorah.

It'd be a very "Jon" thing to do. It'd be cool if he discovers Blackfyre & Dark Sister while mining for dragon glass. Perhaps before Jorah arrives. That way, when Dany sees Jon hand over such a valuable weapon in the name of Honor to house Mormont, she feels he deserves one of the two legendary Targaryan blades in his conquest against the dead. Perhaps Jon's peepee will have already been inside her at this point too - to make the gift make more sense. :P

Return to New York Knicks