ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who ya wanna tank for?

Luka Doncic
54%
Marvin Bagley
11%
Michael Porter Jr
23%
Mohamed Bamba
3%
DeAndre Ayton
3%
Hamidou Diallo
1%
Kevin Knox
2%
Colin Sexton
1%
Miles Bridges
2%
Isaac Bonga
2%

Total votes: 171

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Re: 2018 Draft Thread 

Post#401 » by Fat » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:27 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nah its def not what it used to be. I been to a couple of them. Its mad commercial now.

Hustle get Busy. A few of them make 'ok' music. Most of them is Trash outside of it thoe.

Pretty much lol. Who's your fav right now if you got one. And I think math got some pretty dope music he"s one I have heard consistently outside of battle rap

If I had to Narrow it down for right now it prob be Tayroc.

Who u got between him and hollow
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#402 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:36 pm

Here's a question. Wheres everyone gobs get thier draft analysis from now that DX is down. Ive always had nbadraft.net as my secondary, and I actualy believe theyve done a better job historically in terms of player rankings and mocks. But the level of detail in analysis and player videos is just lacking. I fully expect espn to ruin the predraft experience and limit info to non subscribers and im pretty sure they dgaf.
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#403 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:troy brown just looks like one of those elite wing players that can do it all..... i want him

Troy is a jack of all trades and pretty much a skilled product who is near the finish line as far as potential. Athletically he leaves some things to be desired and that may be what holds him back potential wise. But the diversified skill set is there. He is no Doncic but he is skilled.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM

Post#404 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:41 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

Love this kid and his drive. He can blur the line between driven and outright nutty. Not quite sure what his character is and that will ultimately determine which side of the line his mentality gets pegged on. But he loves the game and is an ultra competitor. Just need clarity on if he is a guy who can harness his emotions and channel it into positive energy, enthusiasm and leadership or if he will be toxic if he lands in the wrong culture/city. The talent is there tho.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#405 » by dakomish23 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:44 pm

Meat wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Bridges will be the pick if we're selecting in the 3-6 range.

before timmy, frank i would have bet sexton. but at this point who knows.

After decades of hoping for a focus on the backcourt, I would gladly welcome the selection of a guard, if they believe he's the BPA. I'd prefer to have THJ as the first back up wing if I was building this team.

Knowing this organization, they probably think they're backcourt is set for the next 5 years.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Post#406 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:51 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:troy brown just looks like one of those elite wing players that can do it all..... i want him

Troy is a jack of all trades and pretty much a skilled product who is near the finish line as far as potential. Athletically he leaves some things to be desired and that may be what holds him back potential wise. But the diversified skill set is there. He is no Doncic but he is skilled.

i still think he has a lot of potential... in terms of scoring
if he keeps workin on that jump shot, that boy is gonna take over
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RealGM

Post#407 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:55 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

He can pass his ass off too. Did you see how he was setting up guys in the McDonald's All American game? He purposely came out looking to facilitate all game because the narrative up to that point was he is a SG in PG body due to him having to shoulder the load with all the scoring for his mediocre H.S. squad in ATL. Dude can pass though. You really see it shine through when he plays with more talented teammates. He plays with a big time chip on his shoulder too.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#408 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Aug 8, 2017 9:16 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

He can pass his ass off too. Did you see how he was setting up guys in the McDonald's All American game? He purposely came out looking to facilitate all game because the narrative up to that point was he is a SG in PG body due to him having to shoulder the load with all the scoring for his mediocre H.S. squad in ATL. Dude can pass though. You really see it shine through when he plays with more talented teammates. He plays with a big time chip on his shoulder too.

yeah dude is one hell of a passer. that's the main reason why i like him so much

this guy's only weakness is shooting and creating off the dribble and even still he's improved a lot in those aspects.

he can guard multiple positions
facilitate an offense
rebound
capable shooter
6'6 with a 6'11 wingspan

i mean this kid has it all. hes gonna get major clout when it's draft time. you can mark my words on that
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RealGM

Post#409 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 9:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i still think he has a lot of potential... in terms of scoring

yeah dude is one hell of a passer. that's the main reason why i like him so much

this guy's only weakness is shooting and creating off the dribble and even still he's improved a lot in those aspects.

facilitate an offense
rebound
capable shooter
6'6 with a 6'11 wingspan

i mean this kid has it all. hes gonna get major clout when it's draft time. you can mark my words on that

My bad, this commentary was about Sexton...not Troy Brown, lol. Iono why I quoted your post about Brown and gave analysis on Sexton. My bad.

And you was over here agreeing and continuing the convo knowing I said "SG in a PG body" and "plays with a big time chip on his shoulder" ...those should have tipped you off that I was talking about someone else :lol:

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#410 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Aug 8, 2017 9:29 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Pretty much lol. Who's your fav right now if you got one. And I think math got some pretty dope music he"s one I have heard consistently outside of battle rap

If I had to Narrow it down for right now it prob be Tayroc.

Who u got between him and hollow

Thats close. If Hollow is in his BAG, then he got it. Tay Roc is consistent thoe. Its really tough to call but I lean on Hollow. More versatile.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#411 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Aug 8, 2017 9:38 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

facilitate an offense
rebound
capable shooter
6'6 with a 6'11 wingspan

My bad, this commentary was about Sexton...not Troy Brown, lol. Iono why I quoted your post about Brown and gave analysis on Sexton. My bad.

And you was over here agreeing and continuing the convo knowing I said "SG in a PG body" and "plays with a big time chip on his shoulder" ...those should have tipped you off that I was talking about someone else :lol:

loool wow
i coulda sworn i read it as "pg in sg body" :lol: :lol:

but sexton is nice too. he has that mamba mentality. i wanna see him grow as a point guard. if he can keep passin the ball, he might end up as a top 5 pick. we already know hes a big time scorer without a doubt. i got my eye on him
chs234
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#412 » by chs234 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 9:48 pm

2010 wrote:Knox II is a SF and when it is all said and done he will surprise a lot of you. If he is on the board wherever our pick lands you take him and run!!!

Do not judge him by DX's evaluation of him. They judge him harshly. They are of the opinion that he should be content to be a "4" while he see's himself as a "3" and is developing his perimeter skills accordingly (as he should).

Dude is a tall "3" in the mold of KD, Giannis, etc. and he may still be growing as he only just turned 18.

Like I said, take the DX analysis with a grain of salt. Watch him with your own eyes and judge him relative to his peers, particularly those rated above him.

Watch the McDonald's All American game in full where he was second highest scorer after Porter. If we cannot get Doncic or Porter then Knox is my pick.

Knox 3pt shot and handle is already way ahead of what scouts are giving him credit for. He is committed to Kentucky and coach Cal is on record as saying he is playing him at SG/SF all season. And he can indeed defend those positions. He has no major holes in his game.

He was the second highest scorer in a meaningless all star game in which he cherry picked numerous times in a game where these is zero defensive effort. Knox is a fine player, but he's not a top 10 pick next year IMO. He has a lot of work to do on the perimeter- and Cal is a good coach but he isn't a miracle worker. Further, Cals strengths are with guards and bigs. Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Davis, Towns, Fox, Knight, etc. lots of good names in there but a definite lack of wings for whatever the reason. I think Knox will be a 2 year player at U.K. or he will go early and be a late first round pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fat
RealGM

Post#413 » by Fat » Tue Aug 8, 2017 10:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:yeah dude is one hell of a passer. that's the main reason why i like him so much

facilitate an offense
rebound
capable shooter
6'6 with a 6'11 wingspan

loool wow
i coulda sworn i read it as "pg in sg body" :lol: :lol:

but sexton is nice too. he has that mamba mentality. i wanna see him grow as a point guard. if he can keep passin the ball, he might end up as a top 5 pick. we already know hes a big time scorer without a doubt. i got my eye on him

yeah he can slip into the top 5 if he proves he can become more of facilitator we already know he can score in bunches

if he plays with this kind of mind state he becomes the total package as a point guard
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,970

Post#414 » by Capn'O » Tue Aug 8, 2017 10:11 pm

This thread is already LIT!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
RealGM

Post#415 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 10:38 pm

chs234 wrote:
2010 wrote:Knox II is a SF and when it is all said and done he will surprise a lot of you. If he is on the board wherever our pick lands you take him and run!!!

Do not judge him by DX's evaluation of him. They judge him harshly. They are of the opinion that he should be content to be a "4" while he see's himself as a "3" and is developing his perimeter skills accordingly (as he should).

Dude is a tall "3" in the mold of KD, Giannis, etc. and he may still be growing as he only just turned 18.

Like I said, take the DX analysis with a grain of salt. Watch him with your own eyes and judge him relative to his peers, particularly those rated above him.

Watch the McDonald's All American game in full where he was second highest scorer after Porter. If we cannot get Doncic or Porter then Knox is my pick.

Knox 3pt shot and handle is already way ahead of what scouts are giving him credit for. He is committed to Kentucky and coach Cal is on record as saying he is playing him at SG/SF all season. And he can indeed defend those positions. He has no major holes in his game.

He was the second highest scorer in a meaningless all star game in which he cherry picked numerous times in a game where these is zero defensive effort. Knox is a fine player, but he's not a top 10 pick next year IMO. He has a lot of work to do on the perimeter- and Cal is a good coach but he isn't a miracle worker. Further, Cals strengths are with guards and bigs. Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Davis, Towns, Fox, Knight, etc. lots of good names in there but a definite lack of wings for whatever the reason. I think Knox will be a 2 year player at U.K. or he will go early and be a late first round pick.

It's not just a meaningless all star game to the players. The most competitive guys use it as a measuring stick to see how they stand amongst their peers and the very best high school basketball players the country has to offer. All the forwards and bigs cherry picked a bit in this game so that doesn't mean much. In a setting like this bigs are gonna run the floor and finish. Nothing to be ashamed of there. I wouldn't even call it cherry picking. As far as defensive effort, how familiar are you with high school basketball? Defensive intensity and effectiveness is pretty much few and far between in general. His perimeter game is actually further along than people give him credit for. His 3pt shot is reliable already. His handle is good enough to get the job done as well. He is at his best grabbing the rebound and pushing it up the floor himself. He is already an elite finisher off rebounds and being a one-man break. Knox is one and done. Trust me. And if you don't he has said so himself several times in interviews. Here is one:

As for pick slot. Would you be willing to make a sig bet that he will absolutely NOT be a late first round pick. I am willing to bet he goes in the lottery. This dude is going to surprise a lot of you when all is said and done. I am very in tune with his game.

Dkillanyk4lyf
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,625

Post#416 » by Dkillanyk4lyf » Tue Aug 8, 2017 10:45 pm

I guarantee the knicks will end up with a top 5 worst record this upcoming season.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#417 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:17 pm

2010 wrote:
chs234 wrote:

It's not just a meaningless all star game to the players. The most competitive guys use it as a measuring stick to see how they stand amongst their peers and the very best high school basketball players the country has to offer. All the forwards and bigs cherry picked a bit in this game so that doesn't mean much. In a setting like this bigs are gonna run the floor and finish. Nothing to be ashamed of there. I wouldn't even call it cherry picking. As far as defensive effort, how familiar are you with high school basketball? Defensive intensity and effectiveness is pretty much few and far between in general. His perimeter game is actually further along than people give him credit for. His 3pt shot is reliable already. His handle is good enough to get the job done as well. He is at his best grabbing the rebound and pushing it up the floor himself. He is already an elite finisher off rebounds and being a one-man break. Knox is one and done. Trust me. And if you don't he has said so himself several times in interviews. Here is one:

As for pick slot. Would you be willing to make a sig bet that he will absolutely NOT be a late first round pick. I am willing to bet he goes in the lottery. This dude is going to surprise a lot of you when all is said and done. I am very in tune with his game.

Stop it Five. You just like him cause he light skin. :o :lol:
RealGM

Post#418 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:22 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
2010 wrote:
chs234 wrote:

Stop it Five. You just like him cause he light skin. :o :lol:

Yeah, a lightskin Giannis...sign me up! :lol:

Fat
RealGM

Post#419 » by Fat » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:29 pm

knox to inconsistent for my taste from his motor to his actual game he's madly inconsistent but Kentucky should whip him into a pretty good player that was a good choice for him.
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
RealGM

Post#420 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:42 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:knox to inconsistent for my taste from his motor to his actual game he's madly inconsistent but Kentucky should whip him into a pretty good player that was a good choice for him.

You saying this cuz you read that biased DX scouting report. Be honest, you haven't watched him. His motor is high bro :lol:

Return to New York Knicks