ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#781 » by Kampuchea » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:35 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:DSJ is getting $2million from Under Armour, what's Ntillakilla getting? Hope it is not with Under Armour.

Hey, McDonald's sells billions of burgers. You think they have the best food?

I think not! But I don't remember how terrible it is since I haven't eaten it in over 10 years.

Wendy's Spicy Chicken? That was my go to. I'm off that 5 years though.

UA has some underwhelming shoes, innit?
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#782 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:01 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:DSJ is getting $2million from Under Armour, what's Ntillakilla getting? Hope it is not with Under Armour.

Hey, McDonald's sells billions of burgers. You think they have the best food?

I think not! But I don't remember how terrible it is since I haven't eaten it in over 10 years.

Hehe, while we don't always agree on the Knicks, we DO agree on fast food. The last time I ate at Burger King was around 5 years ago, when we had a tornado and so many trees were down that buses and cars couldn't move for 2 days. I had to walk 5 miles to get home, and BK was the only open restaurant. I still remember how bad it made me feel.

I've avoided McDonalds for almost as long (with the occasional exception of coffee, or their simulated ice cream).

I can see why DSJ would get a contract - he's a very exciting player. But I'm hoping that in 5 years, more people want to buy the shoes Frank is wearing than DSJ's shoes. Let's see what happens.

Until then, I'm willing to endorse shoes from any major company for only half of what DSJ got. What a bargain!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#783 » by Amsterdam » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:27 am

BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Hey, McDonald's sells billions of burgers. You think they have the best food?

Hehe, while we don't always agree on the Knicks, we DO agree on fast food. The last time I ate at Burger King was around 5 years ago, when we had a tornado and so many trees were down that buses and cars couldn't move for 2 days. I had to walk 5 miles to get home, and BK was the only open restaurant. I still remember how bad it made me feel.

I've avoided McDonalds for almost as long (with the occasional exception of coffee, or their simulated ice cream).

I can see why DSJ would get a contract - he's a very exciting player. But I'm hoping that in 5 years, more people want to buy the shoes Frank is wearing than DSJ's shoes. Let's see what happens.

Until then, I'm willing to endorse shoes from any major company for only half of what DSJ got. What a bargain!

Frank Ntilikina is an impeccable dresser. Wait till the fashion media start watching and noticing him.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#784 » by BKlutch » Wed Aug 9, 2017 2:12 am

Amsterdam wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

Frank Ntilikina is an impeccable dresser. Wait till the fashion media start watching and noticing him.

He'll look even better in those fancy duds if he and THJ start dominating the back court.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#785 » by Dantares » Wed Aug 9, 2017 3:00 am

I just saw dennis smith jr near the palms hotel in las vegas. vegas summer league has been over for 3 weeks and this guy is still partying smh. good thing we drafted ntilikina. man i wish i told this dude i thought he was going to be a bust and he can't play defense :lol:
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#786 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Aug 9, 2017 3:17 am

Dantares wrote:I just saw dennis smith jr near the palms hotel in las vegas. vegas summer league has been over for 3 weeks and this guy is still partying smh. good thing we drafted ntilikina. man i wish i told this dude i thought he was going to be a bust and he can't play defense :lol:

Must be a nice summer.

Partying all day, then going to the gym to film yourself performing a dunk, and everyone thinks you are going to be a superstar.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#787 » by KnicksGod » Wed Aug 9, 2017 4:53 am

If that's true, it's a sure sign that he's going to be great, D.S.J. Partying non-stop before Game 1. Well he did say that his main skill is slanging the wood in his shorts.
amsterdamknicks
Sophomore
And1: 130

Post#788 » by amsterdamknicks » Wed Aug 9, 2017 9:44 pm

Love how Frank is build, we are lucky to have him. Dude's gonna be a beast!
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#789 » by Dave DaButcher » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:07 pm

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#790 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Dave DaButcher wrote:

But can he windmill tho?
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,045

Post#791 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:46 pm

frank's jumpshot is wet and hard to block
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#792 » by Dantares » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:22 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
Dantares wrote:I just saw dennis smith jr near the palms hotel in las vegas. vegas summer league has been over for 3 weeks and this guy is still partying smh. good thing we drafted ntilikina. man i wish i told this dude i thought he was going to be a bust and he can't play defense :lol:

Must be a nice summer.

Partying all day, then going to the gym to film yourself performing a dunk, and everyone thinks you are going to be a superstar.

I was kind of joking before. I have no idea if he has been in vegas for the last 3 weeks or he just got back to vegas. my brother said he got a 2 million dollar shoe deal with under armour so maybe he wanted to celebrate here. also team USA and the select team always practice at Valley High School here in Vegas so that could be another reason he was here. also if i had talked to him I would say what's up and tell him he is going to win rookie of the year lol. but I was driving and that would have been awkward to roll down my window and yell what's up haha

regardless, I am sure frank has been rehabbing and watching game film like a madman instead of partying because he got that killer work ethic.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#793 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:28 pm

j4remi wrote:
Dave DaButcher wrote:

But can he windmill tho?

There's no defense, but at least this is better than the videos of KP where he was driving around a chair out near the 3 point line.

Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#794 » by Amsterdam » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:56 pm

BKlutch wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Dave DaButcher wrote:

But can he windmill tho?

There's no defense, but at least this is better than the videos of KP where he was driving around a chair out near the 3 point line.

Let's not forget that both shooting drill videos are most likely taken after both young dudes perform about 100 suicides and 2-3 tee-shirt changes.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#795 » by CharlesOakley » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:17 pm

This guy has all the raw tools to be a very good point guard. He is going to be a shooter but he is going to need help with the finer points if we want him to play PG well. Can we please hire Andre Miller to teach this kid? Miller knew how to get to his spots at will without possessing blow by speed. We don't need Ramon Sessions whispering in his ear.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,097

Post#796 » by Juco24 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Honestly I feel better and better about this pick! He's NOT flashy and I mean that as a compliment! Mudiay has the similar build but Mudiay does not seem committed like this kid! DSJ will probably post better numbers but my question to that is will he help his team win? Frank seems committed to winning and at the end of the day that's what COUNTS!
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#797 » by magnumt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Juco24 wrote:Honestly I feel better and better about this pick! He's NOT flashy and I mean that as a compliment! Mudiay has the similar build but Mudiay does not seem committed like this kid! DSJ will probably post better numbers but my question to that is will he help his team win? Frank seems committed to winning and at the end of the day that's what COUNTS!

Indeed!

They had a pic a couple of weeks ago that showed Ntilikina studying NOTHING BUT game film of his opponents next Season!

You gotta love his and Porzingis' work ethic and love for the game!

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Milk
Rookie
And1: 2,326