ImageImageImageImageImage

My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills - UPDATE pg 7 - Delvec is a hero!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Re: My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills at the Pirates game 

Post#101 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Aug 9, 2017 5:45 pm

god shammgod wrote:one good game is nothing. i'm in the running for the greatest scorer of all time. and yes, i'm a volume shooter. lol

iso-sham
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,555

Re: My Sunday Afternoon sitting next to Scott Perry & Steve Mills at the Pirates game 

Post#102 » by Capn'O » Wed Aug 9, 2017 6:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:one good game is nothing. i'm in the running for the greatest scorer of all time. and yes, i'm a volume shooter. lol

I got Karl Malone type stats. Will prolly pass Kareem sometime next year.

Longevity is a thing.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#103 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:09 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
we gotta find this post. and/or the record number of and1s.

i got 59 on the GB once for my response to this question https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=42244622#p42244622

No, you have 60 (now) :lol:
You may be the runner up for the Knicks board, but advanced stats show you have the most +1s per word!

i got 94 here O.O
viewtopic.php?p=57275699#p57275699

can i take myself out of this conversation with a -1000 now?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247150/Zach-Randolph-Arrested-On-Marijuana-Possession-Charge
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#104 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:No, you have 60 (now) :lol:
You may be the runner up for the Knicks board, but advanced stats show you have the most +1s per word!

i got 94 here O.O

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247150/Zach-Randolph-Arrested-On-Marijuana-Possession-Charge

Wow, poor Zbo. Does this screw him with the NBA, or does he have to fail a drug test to be in trouble? Sadly, the marijuana laws of this country are all over the place. "Turning good people into criminals, one smoke at a time."

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#105 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:23 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i got 94 here O.O

Wow, poor Zbo. Does this screw him with the NBA, or does he have to fail a drug test to be in trouble? Sadly, the marijuana laws of this country are all over the place. "Turning good people into criminals, one smoke at a time."

i would cry z-bo a river, except there is good reason to believe he's been "the plug" for some time. remember a few years back when they popped a car in his name STUFFED with dro? i have no idea how he beat that charge.

but this time, benefit of doubt (in the court of public opinion at least) is gonna be stripped.

i wouldn't give two schidts if they caught him with a blunt or something. who gives a damn. but looks like he was bagged up and literally with some Gs starting foolishness. i hoped with all of my might that he was past all of this in his life.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#106 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

i would cry z-bo a river, except there is good reason to believe he's been "the plug" for some time. remember a few years back when they popped a car in his name STUFFED with dro? i have no idea how he beat that charge.

but this time, benefit of doubt (in the court of public opinion at least) is gonna be stripped.

i wouldn't give two schidts if they caught him with a blunt or something. who gives a damn. but looks like he was bagged up and literally with some Gs starting foolishness. i hoped with all of my might that he was past all of this in his life.

If this is more than a blunt, it's really a sad way for him to go near the end of a nice career. He really helped give the Griz an identity and far outplayed what we thought he could be here in NY. But lots of guys have been hurt by drugs, and if this is more than him having a blunt (the words possession usually means they think it's only for personal use), then it looks like he screwed up his future.

I always think that with the money these guys earn, they'd do everything they could not to mess it all up. But time and time again, I've been wrong. Human nature is a b!tch.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#107 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Wow, poor Zbo. Does this screw him with the NBA, or does he have to fail a drug test to be in trouble? Sadly, the marijuana laws of this country are all over the place. "Turning good people into criminals, one smoke at a time."

If this is more than a blunt, it's really a sad way for him to go near the end of a nice career. He really helped give the Griz an identity and far outplayed what we thought he could be here in NY. But lots of guys have been hurt by drugs, and if this is more than him having a blunt (the words possession usually means they think it's only for personal use), then it looks like he screwed up his future.

I always think that with the money these guys earn, they'd do everything they could not to mess it all up. But time and time again, I've been wrong. Human nature is a b!tch.

for the most part, they really do. especially in the NBA. for all of the major sports, the NBA has the best-behaved, least-criminal athletes. the league's standards and structure have a lot to do with that. really a positive culture surrounding the NBA as opposed to say.... the NFL.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#108 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

for the most part, they really do. especially in the NBA. for all of the major sports, the NBA has the best-behaved, least-criminal athletes. the league's standards and structure have a lot to do with that. really a positive culture surrounding the NBA as opposed to say.... the NFL.

Baseball seems to have had more trouble with anabolic steroids than with recreational or addictive drugs. But even the NBA has had a few screwups.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,139

Post#109 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:12 pm

NBA has three strikes rule for drugs
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#110 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:26 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:If this is more than a blunt, it's really a sad way for him to go near the end of a nice career. He really helped give the Griz an identity and far outplayed what we thought he could be here in NY. But lots of guys have been hurt by drugs, and if this is more than him having a blunt (the words possession usually means they think it's only for personal use), then it looks like he screwed up his future.

Baseball seems to have had more trouble with anabolic steroids than with recreational or addictive drugs. But even the NBA has had a few screwups.

well, i was talking about the big picture. though MLB does seem to have more problems with substance abuse (non-PEDS), i was also thinking about domestic violence, some violent crime (ugeth urbina). i was just thinking about how all you ever hear from the NBA is an occasional positive weed test. but maybe MLB is overall cleaner.

the NFL and NHL, i stand by.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#111 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

well, i was talking about the big picture. though MLB does seem to have more problems with substance abuse (non-PEDS), i was also thinking about domestic violence, some violent crime (ugeth urbina). i was just thinking about how all you ever hear from the NBA is an occasional positive weed test. but maybe MLB is overall cleaner.

There's always somebody doing something wrong. http://www.nba.com/article/2017/08/06/clippers-willie-reed-arrest-domestic-violence-charge

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#112 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:39 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Baseball seems to have had more trouble with anabolic steroids than with recreational or addictive drugs. But even the NBA has had a few screwups.

There's always somebody doing something wrong. http://www.nba.com/article/2017/08/06/clippers-willie-reed-arrest-domestic-violence-charge

i peeped that. i don't know about "always."

i think the NBA has a cleaner outcome and more positive public impact than it's given credit for, in contrast to the image some have of a league full of tattooed thugs. when it's really far from that.

i will say, all leagues have a problem with tolerance of domestic violence. you should lose it all if you do that. contract voided. banned from league. but we let these guys back on the court/field. it's our fault as a viewing public. if he was a d-boy, he'd be gone for good. i bet z-bo is toast if he gets convicted or pleads guilty.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#113 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

i peeped that. i don't know about "always."

i think the NBA has a cleaner outcome and more positive public impact than it's given credit for, in contrast to the image some have of a league full of tattooed thugs. when it's really far from that.

i will say, all leagues have a problem with tolerance of domestic violence. you should lose it all if you do that. contract voided. banned from league. but we let these guys back on the court/field. it's our fault as a viewing public. if he was a d-boy, he'd be gone for good. i bet z-bo is toast if he gets convicted or pleads guilty.

You're right, of course. "Always" was an exaggeration - because every time it happens, it seems like it's too much. But on the whole, NBA players are good folks.

John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,259

Post#114 » by John Murdoch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Should have showed him another vid of Melo training lol
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#115 » by WesleyExChiFan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:26 am

That's totally awesome that you got to meet them and relay that stuff. Especially about the media folks and influence.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#116 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:58 am

I don't have pics, but it did happen.

I was with a bachelor party and went to Churrascaria Plataforma tonight. I saw Lance Thomas and his girl there having dinner. We left at the same time so I got a good look. He got into what appeared to be an uber XL with homegirl and a youngish-looking guy.

Then I saw Alexis Texas in person. That was kind of a trip.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#117 » by El Poochio » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Lucked out they didnt sit next to NYKMentality and gave Derrick Rose a lifetime contract

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,644

Post#118 » by DaGawd » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Why you dig this old **** up
BaF
Washington Wizards
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#119 » by GONYK » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:17 pm

DaGawd wrote:Why you dig this old **** up

Mills and Perry mentioned this conversation in the press conference today
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,644

Post#120 » by DaGawd » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:20 pm

GONYK wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Why you dig this old **** up

Mills and Perry mentioned this conversation in the press conference today

Oh wow did they? That's awesome. Shows they're really willing to listen to the fans input and be patient if that's the case
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to New York Knicks